Fathering Autism #91 Big P's cankles bring all the humpers to the yard!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For sure. I was inpatient for 3 years in ED treatment, most of one year in the actual hospital. There is no "making someone better." It is something you have to choose everyday. You can't force recovery on a person.

Why those kinds of treatments and therapies would do zero in Abbie's case. At best her being food driven is learned behavior from her mother, at worse it is an actual medical/health issue. It isn't a distorted relation with food.

Oh, and thanks for well wishes everyone. Everyone in this house has it. 0/10 don't recommend.
I’m sorry I responded to this with the wow guy, I meant to use the sad guy.

Reactions: 7
I almost wish we had the problem of compulsive eating with my son. We have the opposite. He is so rigid with eating. His list of foods is growing smaller by the year. We are lucky if we get a toddler sized portion of any meal into him. He also tends to pocket food in his cheeks and just keep chewing and chewing until he finally spits it all out. It is beyond frustrating. He will devour things like muffins and chips though. At the moment, I am just focusing on making meal times less stressful, and he eats what he eats. I give him a multivitamin, and a tasteless protein powder I can mix up in applesauce. We've been to the nutritionist a few months ago for any type of help, but they can't really suggest anything we aren't doing. He won't drink any of the meal replacement shakes because they are all flavored. He won't eat any food offered in a clinic setting because, well, it's "different". Dinner time can take over an hour, and I am cutting everything into miniscule pieces, and trying not to lose my damn mind. I would freaking LOVE it if he ate as much of a variety as Abbie. My hubby says that maybe he is tired of the same foods all the time, but on the other hand, he won't eat any different foods we make for him. I am seriously at a loss here.

P.S. If anyone here is a feeding therapist or nutritionist, I'll take any help I can get at this point. At the moment, I am just going to keep on swimmin' with what we've been doing and hope things turn around soon. No doc seems concerned about his weight, and the entire 6 weeks we saw the nutritionist he never lost any weight, so?? Then I remember my oldest son was a rail at 17 too, and he has now plumped up a little at 22. Are there other 17yr olds who seem to exist on air??
I wouldn't stress mama. If he is taking vitamins and getting proper calories you are doing good. I would spout off "have you tried *insert the obvious*" but likely anything I could say your probably on top of 100 times. Other then getting sneaky with slipping veggies, flax, etc into things he already tolerates. But again from everything you have said here with us you got this and are doing great. I know it is hard to not worry and stress but you got this. Maybe if he sees every really enjoying the meals they are having at dinner time he will be more relaxed. It's hard to say alot without knowing the young man.

I’m sorry I responded to this with the wow guy, I meant to use the sad guy.
Haha its all good. Any reaction is valid I think 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Awww today being Fathers Day, Asa should have introduced himself to his oldest daughter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Oh no! Can't believe I missed a live!! I would of loved to asked why they have a dominatrix coming to their grand opening of BS World!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
#1 Take the dogs for walks. On the other hand, I am glad Sandy and Maverick are shitting in the flower beds. I hope they start shitting in the pool
#2 Saying you love the creative aspect of Selfie WRLD is hysterical. They are ALL the SAME. Ok, you threw in some Jaguar and Duuuuuval tit
#3 There ain't no way in hell Isaiah was able to fund that trip on his own. I love how they're teaching their kid to lie. It's so gross.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
I got a couple things weighing on me. One is Abbie’s compulsive eating. They say she can’t feel when she is full (how do they know this?) and that she will eat until she is sick. The way she is constantly asking for food makes me think it is a mental issue. Sometimes it seems almost panicked, so repetitious. Is this seen frequently in autism diagnoses? What I’m getting at is could it be considered an eating disorder? And if so, would it be sensical to get treatment as opposed to saying it is an issue with autism.
Secondly, they have repeatedly said that Abbie does give her consent to videoing in the way of pushing the camera away. However, that confuses me because she doesn’t understand what she is pushing away. Sure she might get tired of the phone or camera always being in her face and pushes it away but does she really understand that the end result of the “thing” being in her face is that her life is getting splayed across platforms to millions of people. She hasn’t the ability to process “Dad has the phone in my face so that means I’m being recorded and millions will see this so I’m going to push it away so that won’t happen”. My point: they are lying when they try to sell that she is pushing the camera away at times when she doesn’t want to be filmed. It’s bullshit and so are they.
Sadly the only communication they have taught her revolves around food. Think about what they say most to her “Hey Ab,wanna snack?” “No sweet girl you ate already”… “Do you want a donut?”
When was the last time did anyone see her sign Mom or Dad….never.
They make eye contact with her when it comes to talking about food. So sadly food is her only language

Is it me or does Papa Wayne look like he’s transitioning?

View attachment 626812
She has the whole “pull your hair forward to cover your three chins and thick neck” down to a science.
I have to say that Ps bio Dad is not bad looking,especially when you look at how miserable looking her Mom is.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
😹Happy Derr Day! DADDY’S HOME!😹

You are welcome! Crazy thing is...I could make 7 collages with snout rubs.😻

Snouts are tough, Sister! They root around and find truffles in the forest. Strong and Mighty they are!
🤣🐽🤣
Apologies for weird spelling and grammar use guys. Have covid and my brain is a potato right now.
☹ I’m so sorry that you’re not well. Sending heartfelt hugs and prayers your way. 💖😇

Waiting for the vlog too..,”we’re so excited”. Trying to divert my mind off worrying if I have broken ribs from my tripping incident yesterday.

Live chat! On YouTube!
Oh NO!!! I slipped and fell 2 weeks ago with wet, bare feet from the rain. It’s so much farther down when we fall as adults! Owie! I have a giant bruise on my outer thigh, the size of a plate. I sure hope your ribs are ok!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
They're in there painting walls and installing all the props themselves and yet they think once their VIP and Grand Opening are done, they'll hitch their RV to the truck and ride off on VACATION making Sherry responsible with nine new employees to run a brand new business. It doesn't make any sense. I have never heard of anyone doing something like this. Something is not passing the smell test here.
I know a few people who are franchise owners of other businesses and they all work a lot. I don’t understand how they think they don’t have to be there. It is their store. They will either have to come back early from vacation if something happens or I think the store will self destruct in the month they are gone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I almost wish we had the problem of compulsive eating with my son. We have the opposite. He is so rigid with eating. His list of foods is growing smaller by the year. We are lucky if we get a toddler sized portion of any meal into him. He also tends to pocket food in his cheeks and just keep chewing and chewing until he finally spits it all out. It is beyond frustrating. He will devour things like muffins and chips though. At the moment, I am just focusing on making meal times less stressful, and he eats what he eats. I give him a multivitamin, and a tasteless protein powder I can mix up in applesauce. We've been to the nutritionist a few months ago for any type of help, but they can't really suggest anything we aren't doing. He won't drink any of the meal replacement shakes because they are all flavored. He won't eat any food offered in a clinic setting because, well, it's "different". Dinner time can take over an hour, and I am cutting everything into miniscule pieces, and trying not to lose my damn mind. I would freaking LOVE it if he ate as much of a variety as Abbie. My hubby says that maybe he is tired of the same foods all the time, but on the other hand, he won't eat any different foods we make for him. I am seriously at a loss here.

P.S. If anyone here is a feeding therapist or nutritionist, I'll take any help I can get at this point. At the moment, I am just going to keep on swimmin' with what we've been doing and hope things turn around soon. No doc seems concerned about his weight, and the entire 6 weeks we saw the nutritionist he never lost any weight, so?? Then I remember my oldest son was a rail at 17 too, and he has now plumped up a little at 22. Are there other 17yr olds who seem to exist on air??
My heart goes out to you, I have been a child carer for over forty years and have come across kids that only eat white things, canned spaggetios, drained off the tomato sauce! Bacon and sweetcorn for another. I would suggest do some talking around how corn is grown, (worse come to worse there is ok ole Blippi) and follow a journey to the store, then let son pick a whole out, then show him he can cook it in its husk for 4 mins in the microwave, then off the tht husks(might still be hot) then when cooler slice off about 5-6 corn kernals and see if he’s willing to try.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
l don’t even think it has to do with money. I just think he is attached to them because of how he was raised to be a third parent/helper/shoulder to lean on.

I imagine that even if Isaiah had his own life, he would run back to parents anytime they needed him, even if it was for something minor.
Palooza is in July. 😢

P. Does have a permanent crease on her nose……

This is their Help wanted on the website $10-14 an hour. No mention of encouraging certain groups to apply..
Tips? It would never occur to me to tip at a place like this..

• Heart
Reactions: 12

I have no idea if this is something you've tried or if it would be of any help in your situation, but I can tell you how we handle meals. Both of my kids are under age 12. My older child (level 1 ASD, severe ADHD) is my picky one, to the degree that we have to be concerned about weight. My younger child (level 3 ASD, numerous related dx's, plus a genetic condition) isn't as restrictive, but they are very rigid in terms of food. It has to be a certain way, and they will fixate on one food item for a stretch, largely only eating that one item.

I do most meals in more of a "snack" type setting, or a little like Korean banchan. I'll prepare a protein that's agreeable to everyone, then have small amounts of various side dishes, condiments, etc available.
For example, I'll make roasted chicken or turkey seasoned with salt & pepper and a mild herb blend (Penzey's Mural of Flavor). I'll then have some flatbreads, a couple sandwich rolls, a few different pickled vegetables (homemade - a hobby of mine), some fresh vegetables, tzatziki, ranch dressing, a few bits of cheese, whatever I've got in the kitchen that goes with the protein.
Everyone can then customize their meal. For example, last night I made a piece of smoked turkey breast that I sliced thinly. I had a couple sandwich rolls left over from lunches and some pita breads, and I set out some pickle and some sliced peppers and some lettuce, and our usual array of condiments. I ate turkey, pickled veg, lettuce and tzatziki in a pita. My younger child had turkey, a few nibbles of pickle, a cube of cheddar, and then a fried egg (their current food fixation, which I prepared after they ate some of the main meal) on their favorite plate with their favorite fork. My older child made a sandwich on a roll with turkey, a pile of lettuce and a few pickled onions, and mustard.
Tonight we did a similar spread with chicken tenderloins - I fixed myself a salad, older made a sandwich, younger dipped some chicken in ranch and then had two fried eggs. They're having a lot of pain today so I was satisfied that they ate anything, to be honest.

But the most important thing that works for us is to remove as much stress as possible from food and eating.
My kids are snackers. I've had to completely re-define mealtimes in my house - everyone is expected to sit at the table for lunch and dinner, at least for a few minutes, but some days one or both only eats a bite or two at that specific time of day. And that's okay. The food remains available to pick at or to reheat later. I only give reminders or make any sort of a deal about eating when I know my older child hasn't been snacking, and even then I simply ask them to eat a spoonful of peanut butter or a cube of cheese. Otherwise I just make healthy food they like available to them at all times, and I make it as easy as possible for them to reach and/or prepare themselves.
Sometimes that means older child is up at 2am making themselves a BLT sandwich. Sometimes that means I'm making six fried eggs a day, or my younger child is making a mess fixing some peanut butter toast. But I never make a big deal of food, at least to the kids. I've had to retrain myself in a lot of ways, and to change how I've learned to eat - which is stressful for me! - but food is never stressful for the kids. I simplify my cooking, I've learned to embrace things like banchan/mezze/tapas style eating, and I've learned to be flexible. Younger child will be tired of fried eggs in a month, and from there maybe we'll be back to croissants, or bananas, or something new will pop up.

Examples of how we kinda eat - first is Korean banchan, second is Mediterranean mezze. See, an assortment of fairly healthy stuff in small portions so people can pick and choose. Obviously I customize to taste; the kids are iffy on actual banchan (more for me!), but mezze type stuff goes over well here.
149051714.jpg

MEZZE-e1541152926888.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I mistook Wayne for the Manager from their store.
PLOT TWIST: Wayne and Sherry are the same person. Someone should come to the Grand Opening and see if they're actually there at the same time. 🤯😏🤔🧢

*If her name is Sheryl my bad, I thought her name was Sherry. And just because I like this emoji 🐼

• Haha
Wayne by day…Sherry by night. 😉
And, it probably all started with Wayne experimenting with all those SlimeLife products.

• Haha
I have no idea if this is something you've tried or if it would be of any help in your situation, but I can tell you how we handle meals. Both of my kids are under age 12. My older child (level 1 ASD, severe ADHD) is my picky one, to the degree that we have to be concerned about weight. My younger child (level 3 ASD, numerous related dx's, plus a genetic condition) isn't as restrictive, but they are very rigid in terms of food. It has to be a certain way, and they will fixate on one food item for a stretch, largely only eating that one item.

I do most meals in more of a "snack" type setting, or a little like Korean banchan. I'll prepare a protein that's agreeable to everyone, then have small amounts of various side dishes, condiments, etc available.
For example, I'll make roasted chicken or turkey seasoned with salt & pepper and a mild herb blend (Penzey's Mural of Flavor). I'll then have some flatbreads, a couple sandwich rolls, a few different pickled vegetables (homemade - a hobby of mine), some fresh vegetables, tzatziki, ranch dressing, a few bits of cheese, whatever I've got in the kitchen that goes with the protein.
Everyone can then customize their meal. For example, last night I made a piece of smoked turkey breast that I sliced thinly. I had a couple sandwich rolls left over from lunches and some pita breads, and I set out some pickle and some sliced peppers and some lettuce, and our usual array of condiments. I ate turkey, pickled veg, lettuce and tzatziki in a pita. My younger child had turkey, a few nibbles of pickle, a cube of cheddar, and then a fried egg (their current food fixation, which I prepared after they ate some of the main meal) on their favorite plate with their favorite fork. My older child made a sandwich on a roll with turkey, a pile of lettuce and a few pickled onions, and mustard.
Tonight we did a similar spread with chicken tenderloins - I fixed myself a salad, older made a sandwich, younger dipped some chicken in ranch and then had two fried eggs. They're having a lot of pain today so I was satisfied that they ate anything, to be honest.

But the most important thing that works for us is to remove as much stress as possible from food and eating.
My kids are snackers. I've had to completely re-define mealtimes in my house - everyone is expected to sit at the table for lunch and dinner, at least for a few minutes, but some days one or both only eats a bite or two at that specific time of day. And that's okay. The food remains available to pick at or to reheat later. I only give reminders or make any sort of a deal about eating when I know my older child hasn't been snacking, and even then I simply ask them to eat a spoonful of peanut butter or a cube of cheese. Otherwise I just make healthy food they like available to them at all times, and I make it as easy as possible for them to reach and/or prepare themselves.
Sometimes that means older child is up at 2am making themselves a BLT sandwich. Sometimes that means I'm making six fried eggs a day, or my younger child is making a mess fixing some peanut butter toast. But I never make a big deal of food, at least to the kids. I've had to retrain myself in a lot of ways, and to change how I've learned to eat - which is stressful for me! - but food is never stressful for the kids. I simplify my cooking, I've learned to embrace things like banchan/mezze/tapas style eating, and I've learned to be flexible. Younger child will be tired of fried eggs in a month, and from there maybe we'll be back to croissants, or bananas, or something new will pop up.

Examples of how we kinda eat - first is Korean banchan, second is Mediterranean mezze. See, an assortment of fairly healthy stuff in small portions so people can pick and choose. Obviously I customize to taste; the kids are iffy on actual banchan (more for me!), but mezze type stuff goes over well here.
View attachment 626915

View attachment 626916
Feel free to send me some pickled veggies.

You said part of what I tried to, but way better. Removing stress around meals and eating seems super important. That is really for any of us but would think more important to kids who already hold stress, anxiety, aversion around food.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
A nice platter of pickled veggies would be a big hit in Kermy’s corner!! Lord knows it’s always hoppin’ in there! 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Feel free to send me some pickled veggies.

You said part of what I tried to, but way better. Removing stress around meals and eating seems super important. That is really for any of us but would think more important to kids who already hold stress, anxiety, aversion around food.
Pickled veggies are super, super simple to make!

I use this basic method & experiment to suit our tastes:

i.e. red onions always get a tablespoon or 2 of sugar and a little dill, I prefer cauliflower roasted before pickling with turmeric & coriander seeds, pickled radishes are very good but not for everyone, fresh green beans pickled with a ton of dill is one of my favorite snacks, and I can't make giardiniera as good as you can buy in Chicago but I'm still trying.

Honestly, it's maybe 15 minutes of actual work, a little bit of waiting, and then you've got a couple weeks' worth of sides/condiments! You can make one pot of brine to preserve several types of veggies at once, say if you have small amounts of produce left that isn't enough for a full meal - pickle 'em and toss them in a salad or a bowl of noodles or whatever.
Just remember - equal parts water and vinegar boiled with 2tsp salt per cup of liquid used. And don't store them in metal containers!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.