Fathering Autism #6 Bandaid Dog, P tries to jog, Why won't they just get a job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi newbie here. I have only recently started watching vlogs on Facebook. It caught my attention because they were once talking about puberty and i have a child with special needs and agreed with everything they were saying. However the more videos i watched the more i was questioning things. I am no way perfect, it is a learning curve with a special needs child but no way could i be attached to a videocamera all that time! My daughter needs a lot of attention.

I was watching a bit of the latest vlog, what is that event?! How is that of benefit to Abbie?
You can tell her way of coping is by not eating there.

Why doesn’t she have a sensory room/sensory items in her bedroom?

I wonder if her paediatrician or school ever advise on putting sensory equipment in the home?Hmmm

Does she not use her ipad at home? My daughter used to be non verbal and was given an ipad with proloco2go which really helped her express herself at school and home.

Reactions: 7
Isaiah has more smarts than his parents. I notice when Abbie is distressed he tries to help her. Not in a giggly summer way, but in a protective brother way. When that dog was attacking Abbie he got out of his seat fast to grab the dog. Priscilla and Asa just sat there recording. Abbie threw a jacket at the dog because she was scared and wanted her off of her.

Reactions: 8
Hi newbie here. I have only recently started watching vlogs on Facebook. It caught my attention because they were once talking about puberty and i have a child with special needs and agreed with everything they were saying. However the more videos i watched the more i was questioning things. I am no way perfect, it is a learning curve with a special needs child but no way could i be attached to a videocamera all that time! My daughter needs a lot of attention.

I was watching a bit of the latest vlog, what is that event?! How is that of benefit to Abbie?
You can tell her way of coping is by not eating there.

Why doesn’t she have a sensory room/sensory items in her bedroom?

I wonder if her paediatrician or school ever advise on putting sensory equipment in the home?Hmmm

Does she not use her ipad at home? My daughter used to be non verbal and was given an ipad with proloco2go which really helped her express herself at school and home.
What I dont get is, in the old house Abby had a sensory room..and now she doesnt..that whole new room pissed me off because it was not for Abby it was for Priscilla SMH..

Another thing in the latest vlog P was saying "the tik tok is to "bring autism awareness" how in the eff is a grown ass women not knowing how to dance bringing any autism awareness??? its so cringy..
what about the vlog when she was trying to crip walk for tik tok..LMAO i need to find it,,

• Haha
Reactions: 16
What in the world is Abbie going to do when Summer goes on with her life?

Watching the latest vlog,I noticed something that I had noticed previously,but more so on this one. While it appears Summer is interacting w Abbie,she actually plays to the camera. Many times she had no eye contact w her,but looked from the camera perspective to talk,guide,etc.
Becca however had full one on interaction w Abbie. She didn’t “play” to the camera. If she asked Abbie to do something g she looked at her and guided her if needed,all without a glance towards the camera.
Yeah,I get Summer has known Abbie for ages, it she still deserves to be looked at and not just a prop for the fanatics to ogle.
Watching the interaction w Asa and Isiah,it is quite obvious just how immature they both are. I get he is only just 18. But most kids,while they love their parents,are not keen on acting they way he acts w his parents. This was after all a mostly young event. I also heard his comment about not being a “feature” at the event. Had he any clue,he would know that many,many young people are more popular than he /the family are. Sure,there are some adults as well,but it’s the kids on YouTube,Facebook,TikTok,etc that are being followed the most.. Take a look Isiah,it was kids your age and a bit older( early to mid 20’s) at the event..and from what was shown,majority did NOT have their parents w them.
I wouldn't be shocked if her family put up the money for her surgery.
Shes an only child,that would make sense, but doesn’t everyone still have to have health ins still? I have benefits through my job but last I heard Obamacare still applies or theres a penality....the monthly payments for a family of four has got to be outrageous

Reactions: 2
I don’t have tik tok so haven’t seen any of the cringy dancing. It doesn’t interest me wanting to mime along to songs and filming yourself. Sounds like a teenage thing to do

Reactions: 10
Wow I finally watched the playlist live blog and ya'll really underplayed how CRINGE that dancing scene was holy cow :eek::ROFLMAO::sick:

You could tell she was not invited to join lmfaoooo couldn't even keep up. She kept stopping and like inching away then doing it half assed again lmao.

• Haha
If true what you have written,then it goes against what those who have also been at the top have posted online,and how they were pushed into buying inventory,etc. I can’t verify either/or myself. I have noticed over the year many who were involved w this company are quite disheartened and felt they were had.
And yes,I do realize how much some vloggers can make. They were NOT making a huge amount of monies until very recently. My question was/is,how they are stating these monies go for Abbie & yes Isiah for the long haul,yet they spend like drunken sailors on a weekend pass( it’s a saying,and I have members w Naval service).
She’s at the top. That’s why. That’s how every mlm works and they suck everyone in by the idea of that potential. She never does parties and only sales online. She makes her money off her down line that buys and keeps inventory for their parties. She’s the one scamming the people that join beneath her. Of course, a person that doesn’t have hundred of thousand of potential customers from day 1 is going to fail.
Yes, Its all going to crumble, which is why she got an 8% mortgage and their credit score is probably trash. But their income the past year has been unthinkable.

Reactions: 10
Ugh yes that Judge Rotenburg center is in my town in Mass along with the Dunks Corporate offices .... That center is a disgrace they constantly have help wanted signs for just about every position ! That will tell you something right there ! Poor Jen !!!!!! She’s a absolute sweet sole !!!!

Reactions: 6
Fathering Autism #7 Exploiting one daughter and ignoring the other daughter
Can you link the new thread

Lauren is such a pretty woman but she MUST get that weight off! So...so unhealthy. She is going to stroke out, have a heart attack or get diabetes if she doesn't already have it. Instead of helping people navigate the world as a fat person...help them lose weight and navigate life as a healthy person.
Lauren was talking about having other baby but her and the husband need to loss weight first

• Haha
Fathering autism -we cringe,as they binge, made commodity of their child,Priscilla has gone wild..( just trying my hand,not looking to make new thread.🙃)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I wonder if Isiah is seeing all this spending and supporting Summer ect and wondering why the money isn't being spent on him going away to college?
I wondered that growing up. In my family there was money for everything and everyone except me. Part of that is the fact that I'm a girl and women are not valued in my parent's families. And part of that was a mentality that you throw money at problems and not members of the family that are okay. Several times my mom asked me if it would be okay to use my college fund to bail someone else out. I kept saying I really wanted to go to college and asked her to invest the money in a non liquid account when I was in the 9th grade.
It hurts to not be a priority and it is a hurt that lasts. Mom understands that she never made me a priority now. And that helps. Still, it is hard to look back and realize how my family pushed me to do more than I was able to and then ignored my needs and wants.
The only solution was to get scholarships and get out. I have very clear boundaries now. My husband and my own well being come first. Then I do what I can to help.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I wondered that growing up. In my family there was money for everything and everyone except me. Part of that is the fact that I'm a girl and women are not valued in my parent's families. And part of that was a mentality that you throw money at problems and not members of the family that are okay. Several times my mom asked me if it would be okay to use my college fund to bail someone else out. I kept saying I really wanted to go to college and asked her to invest the money in a non liquid account when I ascun 9th grade.
It hurts to not be a priority and it is a hurt that lasts. Mom understands that she never made me a priority now. And that helps. Still, it is hard to look back and realize how my family pushed me to do more than I was able to and then ignored my needs and wants.
The only solution was to get scholarships and get out. I have very clear boundaries now. My husband and my own well being come first. Then I do what I can to help.
Apparently the money for Ab's school ran out a while ago and her tuition there is more expensive than a lot of state college's tuition and boarding. No questioning Abbie's needs though. Hell her golf cart was more than the total of my student loans.

Apparently the money for Ab's school ran out a while ago and her tuition there is more expensive than a lot of state college's tuition and boarding. No questioning Abbie's needs though. Hell her golf cart was more than the total of my student loans.
That's always the rub. A caring kid knows that a disabled sibling needs more help, more money, more everything. It feels selfish to ask for anything in that situation. Until later and you see that it isn't selfish to want to not be invisible.

I know if I had to live in that atmosphere as a kid I’d have PSTD...the noise alone waking one out of a sound sleep most nights is jarring

• Haha
She and her mother did file a lawsuit around 2014 it looks like, but from the looks of it they sided with the centre :-( https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-education-center-electric-shock-therapy.html
This is absolutely horrifying. I looked up the video of that poor boy talked about in the article and there is nothing else to call what happened to him other than torture. Hearing him scream in pain and beg for them to stop made me feel sick. I can not imagine having to go through something like that. How someone can inflict that pain and torture on another person and still be able to sleep at night is beyond me.

I hope the best for Jen, having to experience 7 years of exposure in that sort of environment, i feel like that sort of thing can break a person.

I wish the best for all who had to endure these awful experiences. 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 7
It’s like A&P were outcasts in school and now just want to be like the “cool kids” which is why they insert themselves in the tik tok stuff. I know my own kids who are now grown would have been mortified if I kept trying to take part in what they were doing. As a parent, step back and let your kids have their own space and shine. It’s their time not yours. Act your age.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.