Fathering Autism #6 Bandaid Dog, P tries to jog, Why won't they just get a job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone please correct me if I have this wrong: I’m speaking about the brothers (one with Down Sydrome). When the young man and his brother met the family, it seemed like all of them were so anxious to have Abbie and the young man pose for a photo. The young man had enough by this time, was saying “all done”, etc. He wanted out of there, and was able to express it, unlike poor Abbie. These photo ops really are disturbing..it’s like...’awww, aren’t they so cute and sweet’. They are not babies on parade.
I saw it too. The young man was clearly upset and wanted to go. The older brother was trying to calm him, but wasnt granting his wish for leaving....and P was running around oblivious to his distress and still wanting him to get with Abbie.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
So true and then they took her to a Japanese place that cooks right in front of her knowing she grabs food. She could have easily gotten burned.
I know. All the time I was watching I was thinking that. They know how impatient she is when she sees food so they think it’s a good idea to take her to a place where she could so easily hurt herself.
Cilla was so giddy on that video, she was acting like an older summer. They make me sick.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I just noticed while going through the comments on the video where Abbie throws her drink.....lots of comments stating it wasnt funny or cute and she should have been discipline. Of course their crazy wack job fans attack these people, but it almost seems to me that more and more people are starting to speak up. If I were A &P I would be worried about some of those fans...some are pretty creepy with the gushy stuff.

Reactions: 14
The thing that can cause this family major grief will be a complaint to PETA about Abbie abusing one one the animals. Sandy will bite her and she will really hit him hard. She shoved the cat off the couch and A was mumbling something about that is how they do it but not so hard. She can not be trusted with these animals.

Reactions: 14
Someone please correct me if I have this wrong: I’m speaking about the brothers (one with Down Sydrome). When the young man and his brother met the family, it seemed like all of them were so anxious to have Abbie and the young man pose for a photo. The young man had enough by this time, was saying “all done”, etc. He wanted out of there, and was able to express it, unlike poor Abbie. These photo ops really are disturbing..it’s like...’awww, aren’t they so cute and sweet’. They are not babies on parade.
The young man has down syndrome I believe, not autism

Reactions: 3
Anyone else notice P said to Alex Warren that Abbie is a “famous YouTuber” and mentioned she just got 500k subs?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Just catching up and watched the Playlist vlog. My God. They have totally gone to the dark side. That was so sad, when the young man with Down's wanted to leave, but P was all about pics with Abbie, and then making them wait for Summer and Isaiah. And of course the "This is my daughter the YT star, she has 500,000 subscribers!" She is shameless and so frkn cringe-worthy.

And I love how everyone has been critical of her ridiculous Tik Tok dancing and suddenly Asa gives a speech about why they Tik Tok. "Business side and awareness." At least he admitted its for cash, because P's big arse floppin' around certainly is making us aware of her, but not for autism.

For a moment I was briefly happy at the end. They appeared to be saying goodnight to Summer and Becca and were taking Abbie to the room. I should've known better. Asa took Abbie up, while P had to go "hang" with the 22 yr olds. Where was Lauren or Kaitlyn? Cant these young adults have even ONE evening without her? I am becoming more anti-P everyday. ThIs is no longer the Asa show. Or even the Abbie show, She wants the spotlight and "all the things" for herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I just noticed while going through the comments on the video where Abbie throws her drink.....lots of comments stating it wasnt funny or cute and she should have been discipline. Of course their crazy wack job fans attack these people, but it almost seems to me that more and more people are starting to speak up. If I were A &P I would be worried about some of those fans...some are pretty creepy with the gushy stuff.
Some of those comments are just insane. I consider myself a kind, and moderately sentimental person, but even when I was actually a fan, I was floored by the comments. These people who are constantly "crying" seeing Abbie eat a cookie, or whatever the hell shes doing is so bizarre to me. Like what?! And they are A&P's meal ticket, so they continue to exploit her and her "so cute" behaviors. And I dont get it. Two years ago she was "cute". Now she looks like a young lady. I think thats part of the reason they do the childish hairstyles, to make people forget she is almost 15. Thats not going to fly much longer...throwing he juice, stealing food, screaming and rocking wont be cute much longer even if Asa shoots the scene with a million dollar camera.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Just catching up and watched the Playlist vlog. My God. They have totally gone to the dark side. That was so sad, when the young man with Down's wanted to leave, but P was all about pics with Abbie, and then making them wait for Summer and Isaiah. And of course the "This is my daughter the YT star, she has 500,000 subscribers!" She is shameless and so frkn cringe-worthy.

And I love how everyone has been critical of her ridiculous Tik Tok dancing and suddenly Asa gives a speech about why they Tik Tok. "Business side and awareness." At least he admitted its for cash, because P's big arse floppin' around certainly is making us aware of her, but not for autism.

For a moment I was briefly happy at the end. They appeared to be saying goodnight to Summer and Becca and were taking Abbie to the room. I should've known better. Asa took Abbie up, while P had to go "hang" with the 22 yr olds. Where was Lauren or Kaitlyn? Cant these young adults have even ONE evening without her? I am becoming more anti-P everyday. ThIs is no longer the Asa show. Or even the Abbie show, She wants the spotlight and "all the things" for herself.
Notice that neither Lauren’s daughter and Kaitlen’s son were there.

Reactions: 12
I really can't believe (but really can absolutely sadly believe) that they took Abbie to a 9:00 dinner reservation. you know how anxious she gets about meals. you know it's better to keep her on a schedule. you know a place like that is probably sensory overload, plus I'm surprised she didn't make a grab for the food while it was being cooked in front of her like that. if they really wanted to go to this restaurant and that was the only time they could get a reservation, why not let Abbie have dinner at a regular time and hang in the room with respite (sorry Becca) while they go? I felt so bad for her.
I was waiting for her to reach and grab items from the grill! I was also looking for A&P's arms waiting on standby to stop her ... but they weren't... OMG if it were me... I would totally have been restraining her the entire time... all that food just chillin in front or her

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I was waiting for her to reach and grab items from the grill! I was also looking for A&P's arms waiting on standby to stop her ... but they weren't... OMG if it were me... I would totally have been restraining her the entire time... all that food just chillin in front or her
If it were me (and glad it wasn’t), I would have Becca order a pizza and appetizers in their room and have her watch Abbie while the rest went out to eat. 9:00 pm is very late to eat. I think it would have been a good plan.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Totally caught on to the whole TikTok explanation. Just shut up A... we all know you wanna be young, cool and "hip"... shut up and sit down somewhere

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Dear Asa/P( or whoever is watching these threads):

The time has come for you both to own up to the fact that lately,those vlogs etc. are mostly about you and for financial gain alone.

The days of wanting to educate people about autism are long over. You have realized how much money can be made,how many gifts can be gotten,( both cash,GF’s,stuff for home,Abbie,etc) and are loving it.

The recent vids(Disney,visit to parents home,and playlist) show just howmuch it’s not about Abbie and her comfort/wants,etc and all about you!

Knowing full well she has trouble w new surroundings, you thrust her into them- very chaotic ones at that(Disney,Playlist).

Had she a “voice” am sure she would be screaming she doesn’t like it! So,instead she acts out. She is then told to go sit( at parents home),while you keep recording,not sitting w her and interacting.

How is it that people who watch( and I followed for a while til it drastically changed) can pick up how distressed she is,yet you all don’t? How is it we can see she needs consistency and you all choose to basically wing it these days?

No,I am far from an expert( yes,have family members w mild to severe/needs to be in care facility) autism,and I can see that what is happening w Abbie is not right.

She is first and foremost a human being( you yourself made a big deal about that when it came to the pointing instead of verbalizing direction w Abbie) and should be afforded the right not to be used as fodder for you and P to become famous.

She is not someone who should be pushed to give a hug to strangers( damn,we teach our kids/grandkids about personal space/touching) and led around like some sort of side show attraction( my daughter,the YouTube star crap).

Go make your fortunes privately,do all you can for all of you kids,and the autism community(behind the scenes) and giver the dignity she deserves to have. What you started out doing and where you are today are light years different.

Namaste to you all!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Their channel and entire family is misleading in many ways but, one of the ways that bothers me the most is the fact that they say Abigail is strictly Autistic when that is clearly not the case. If anyone that didn't know anything about autism were to watch their videos they would possibly think that Abigail is what autism looks like on every autistic person. (Hard to deal with, not capable of listening or not willing, I'm not sure which, unable to sit still, constantly thrashing around, attacking ppl during meltdowns, unable to learn new things, etc.) That's not at all how every person that is autistic is. They are all different. My child is autistic and is a very intelligent, highly capable, kind, empathetic, all around great kid and there are millions out there just as great with autism! I just think they need to be honest and stop leaving things out. They have put their family out into the public eye all on their own, it's time to be honest.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Their channel and entire family is misleading in many ways but, one of the ways that bothers me the most is the fact that they say Abigail is strictly Autistic when that is clearly not the case. If anyone that didn't know anything about autism were to watch their videos they would possibly think that Abigail is what autism looks like on every autistic person. (Hard to deal with, not capable of listening or not willing, I'm not sure which, unable to sit still, constantly thrashing around, attacking ppl during meltdowns, unable to learn new things, etc.) That's not at all how every person that is autistic is. They are all different. My child is autistic and is a very intelligent, highly capable, kind, empathetic, all around great kid and there are millions out there just as great with autism! I just think they need to be honest and stop leaving things out. They have put their family out into the public eye all on their own, it's time to be honest.
You are correct... I myself was almost falling into the whole “oh this is what autism looks like” trap. Until I came across others like Jen, Lauren Brazee etc... I started to question what was really going on with Abbie. And thanks to this forum and all you people that are more highly educated and able to teach others on this topic. They should be ashamed of themselves. Preaching about autism when they know damn well that is not Abbie’s biggest hurdle at this time.

• Heart
I’m new to this thread after accidentally coming across the Fathering Autism YouTube channel. I’ve changed my mind a few times through watching different vlogs but i think my opinion now is that Abbie really doesn’t understand much and seems to be driven by food, which is how the family try and ‘control’ her behaviour. I’m glad they are finally seeing that they need to address the yelling as yes, I know it’s a stim or could be a stim but I honestly think it’s getting louder because she’s being ignored... the camera and Dunkin basically seem to be the only things A and P care about?!

Whoever said that they do pigtails on Abbie to make her look young ... you are correct. That’s the whole vibe I got on this vlog at playlist... also notice how in the end they put them into buns and pinned the stray hairs away from her face... because they have been reading our comments on here

Reactions: 16
I have often wondered this as well. They share way to much! Someone with mental issues gets obsessed and they have everything they need to do something really bad. Whether it be at the house or while they are out in public. They share their routines, the layout of the house, when and where they will be every weekend, announce trips and attend meet ups. With the world we live in getting more and more crazy people doing insane things, this is highly irresponsible of them and I've not seen any indication that they have any way of protecting themselves.
In my opinion, at least ...at....least 50% of them DO have mental health problems.
The hambeasts are not bright enough to take things like this into consideration.
IMO

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Whoever said that they do pigtails on Abbie to make her look young ... you are correct. That’s the whole vibe I got on this vlog at playlist... also notice how in the end they put them into buns and pinned the stray hairs away from her face... because they have been reading our comments on here
Agreed! Which makes my post about some crazy perverted fan becoming obsessed with her and the fact that they share everything.. even more scary! One of the more recent vlogs they said they had to break into the house. Asa says "I wont show you how" but the plan fact that if they can do it..anyone can. Let's face it, it can happen to anyone, but they practically invite it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.