Fathering Autism #6 Bandaid Dog, P tries to jog, Why won't they just get a job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wondering if the other parents are on board w them filming within the school/kids. These days having kids on those platforms is just not safe! Someone could screenshot those images and post them wherever.
Also it’s a huge no no if One of those kids is in foster care you can tell the teachers hate being filmed especially a/p show up late to school and they got the camera rolling at the teacher/aide

Reactions: 9
"Nevermind"….said in my best* Roseanne Roseanna Danna voice*

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
TImestamp: 8:05 It's the small things Asa does that really show his attitude towards Abbie. Right after she's done packing bags at school he reaches towards her chest, and flips her shirt thing inside. Not a HUGE deal, but it really shows that he does not respect her autonomy or space. SHE isn't allowed to grab other people's clothing. He didn't ask her if he could fix it and explain what he was doing. He didn't wait until after filming. If a dad did that to a "typical" 15 year old she'd be mortified and it would be totally inappropriate. You don't just grab and fix someone's clothing irl, especially when it's on a woman's chest. What does this teach her? It's okay to grab someone's clothing and invade their personal space. I'm a huge advocate of giving children bodily autonomy and teaching them that nobody should just invade their space without warning. He does not respect her.

Sorry I know this is a small thing, but I think it's these things that Asa doesn't catch and edit out that show how much he actually respects her dignity and how poor of an example he sets for her.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I was wondering why they couldn’t maybe take Abbie to the park , I remember when she enjoyed going on the swings... I know it must be very difficult finding activities that she might enjoy Bcuz her attention span is so terribly short...

Reactions: 5
They have let her do it since she could walk and talk so I don't think it will be easy. Why have they decided after all these years her yelling stim is inappropriate?
The acoustics in this home seem very different from their previous home. Higher ceilings and less carpet probably cause more reverb so the yelling may be much more intrusive or offensive.

The acoustics in this home seem very different from their previous home. Higher ceilings and less carpet probably cause more reverb so the yelling may be much more intrusive or offensive.
I noticed the acoustics too and wonder if she gets a better sensation in the new house when she yells.

Reactions: 8
I've been catching up on Sisterwives, and all I can think about now is Priss getting caught up with a catfisher. She'd be the perfect candidate. She spends her entire life online, she's extremely naive, poor self-esteem. body issues, emotionally neglected....

I'd bet good money that exact thing happens in the next year or Asa has another affair. This is just baseless gossip but it cracks me up to think about.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
So they are exploiting the teacher now.

I am actually shocked the school allows this.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

Does her teacher know that they're on websites that completely tear apart obese people with no limits?? Because if I knew that there's no way in hell I'd consent to being in their vlogs. She doesn't even know what she's been sucked into. They pull these people into their vlogs thinking that they're helping, but they're getting all crappy comments and trolls that come with being a big channel and none of the money. Exploitation.

Reactions: 10
Does her teacher know that they're on websites that completely tear apart obese people with no limits?? Because if I knew that there's no way in hell I'd consent to being in their vlogs. She doesn't even know what she's been sucked into. They pull these people into their vlogs thinking that they're helping, but they're getting all crappy comments and trolls that come with being a big channel and none of the money. Exploitation.
I don’t like how they turned the teacher into a character. She’s portrayed as the big bossy teacher with her arms crossed staring at Abbie like she doesn’t take no sh*t. She seems like a nice lady and I just don’t like how she’s portrayed here. Shes being used for the vlogs so typical. And they are trying to portray Abbie as defiant and mischievous. It’s one big show.

Reactions: 18
I don’t like how they turned the teacher into a character. She’s portrayed as the big bossy teacher with her arms crossed staring at Abbie like she doesn’t take no sh*t. She seems like a nice lady and I just don’t like how she’s portrayed here. Shes being used for the vlogs so typical. And they are trying to portray Abbie as defiant and mischievous. It’s one big show.
It's troubling and cringey at best

They are buddies with the Director, owner of the school. Moreso now with their new found wealth.
He stated it was a Mass Squad Cares (about money) and JSA joint venture to give bags to the homeless.
When people combine their wealth, it's more power. We know who loves power.
It may have even been implied or stated by JSA that the teacher be in the video or find another job.
Yes it's exploitation of the teacher. SHE'S the one with no voice this time.
IMO

I don't know if it's just me thinking this but Pigcilla has always come across as someone with mild learning difficulties. It's possible she could be on the spectrum also.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
"informal respite" means services provided to an individual unable to care for themselves, furnished by a person known to the individual, on a short term basis because of the absence or need for relief of those persons routinely providing the care.

With their 160 hour work week combined, I really see the need for relief.
Yeah, those 160 hour work weeks are a witch. 😆
Thanks.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
IMO,by being there and filming/orating,it is a distraction for Abbie to focus solely on the task at hand. While she did do very well,maybe there may have been less coaxing needed if it were strictly her/teacher. The focus was now having to be given to Asa to answer his questions while also trying to guide Abbie. I mean we have all heard from both parents that Abbie gets distracted very easily,so why would you want to add to that( just a rhetorical,I already know the answer)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don't know if it's just me thinking this but Pigcilla has always come across as someone with mild learning difficulties. It's possible she could be on the spectrum also.
She comes across as someone who could be very easily manipulated and coerced into doing something she isn't comfortable with. I also think that she struggles having a less than 'perfect' daughter and probably has unresolved mental health issues off the back of that. She seems to avoid doing a lot with her and would rather spend her time with her neurotypical 'Foster' daughter. Granted, it must be extremely hard to have a child like Abbie and also to just have come from a situation where your husband left you very young with a small child, to go on to have a severely disabled other child. Life hasn't dealt her an easy hand really.

IMO,by being there and filming/orating,it is a distraction for Abbie to focus solely on the task at hand. While she did do very well,maybe there may have been less coaxing needed if it were strictly her/teacher. The focus was now having to be given to Asa to answer his questions while also trying to guide Abbie. I mean we have all heard from both parents that Abbie gets distracted very easily,so why would you want to add to that( just a rhetorical,I already know the answer)
That is exactly why if either of them come to school, there needs to be a no videoing policy... It is so distracting for everyone..

I don't want to sound rude and ableist at all but she seems very "simple" in the least. Extremely naive and not capable of a lot of critical thought. She seems to get a little lost if they're talking about more than one thing at a time or talk about abstract concepts.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Anyone notice the “shoutout” they gave Jen from Rebranding Autism?
Yep. Ya suppose Asa saw where it was mentioned how cold he was to her? yeah...I think he saw it. Posting her tiktok or whatever it was doesn't negate the fact he treated her like tit at Disney.

But he sure is listening and following what a bunch of gossipy garbage people suggest. Funny...he doesn't take his viewers advice.

What should we tell him to do now? :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.