Fathering Autism #51 We'll do us, you do you, if you get sick, oh well boo-hoo!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do believe she has PICA. Like any toddler, she does mouth and eat things. However the difference is, an NT toddler or a toddler without PICA will not keep eating dirt (just an example) after a few incidents and discovering the item is unpleasant. Abbie "tastes" things because of her IDD and not knowing what an item is. But she has gravitated to items and never stopped. Like wood, dirt, and candles. Remember she ate an entire windowsill over the course of a year while they lived in Big Candys house. Even an individual with IDD would not continue to eat wood for a year unless they liked it. Isaiah has to hide his candles because she has always eaten them...then, we've seen her bite into bars of soap, but once she tastes the soap, she realizes it is not what she likes and she stops. JMO.
I don’t think it’s Pica imo. I literally think she just puts anything in her mouth and if she happens to like it....she likes it. I believe Pica is when you crave something that isn’t food. I don’t think Abbie goes around thinking..... “I really want to try some dirt right now”, I think she just sticks things in her mouth because shes curious or because she believes it’s edible.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I watched a little of Summers Live.. and I couldn't stomach much.. the girl really has no presence or personality... she started out with 700 on her live and it quickly went down to 300. Many were asking where Abby was over and over.

Someone asked about whether she really considers Abbie her best friend or more like a sister. She said she was her best friend. Later someone asked if she had many friends.. and she names off her volley ball friends, Becca, Isaiah.. no mention of Abbie being her friend.. I thought she was her best friend.

I would never guess she was 23.. I think she said? She sounds like she is between 13 and 15.. very very immature.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Summer irritates the hell out of me. In fact they all irritate me, the whole house full of them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Here's my take on the most recent vlog:

At the start, yet again, camera goes in Abbie's face without her consent or prior warning, no wonder why she's not happy on the sofa (she wanted to watch her movies and listen to her music in peace).

As a result, when they were about to go out to eat, she was getting angry and frustrated because of this as well as restaurants being too overwhelming for her (noise and bright lights). Why don't you just make her a meal at home for goodness sake?

If they do go out to eat and can't leave her, why don't they either take her to a quiet restaurant or bring headphones and stim toys so she can block the sound out using her favourite music. And what's happened to her black sunglasses that she had prescribed from the optometrist? They would help with the lights.

Then they come home, only for her to do ABA. What's wrong with letting her chill after going out? She did not want to go on her bike (she clearly showed it as she was crying as she got on) and they never even asked her if she wanted to do it. That's the problem with ABA (I'm writing as an autistic person)-it teaches you that your feelings are not valid and your body doesn't belong to you.

And then the next thing they do is drag her on that boat. I think Abbie didn't want to eat the sandwiches on the boat because she was already overwhelmed and exhausted from the above things. If only they just let her relax at home and allow her to have autonomy, then she wouldn't have been so upset.

I couldn't believe the way her brother picked her up either. I bet she found that very uncomfortable.
I agree but I think Abbie is becomming more of a commodity then a human being. Everyone is trying to benefit from her on social media and all the eating out, boating, filming her without her consent..is all about exploitation..even the bicycle riding was exploiting her to get some content for the VLOG.. so the leg HUMPERS can all exclaim.. how cute!!! YEA!!!! etc etc. Its really gotten so out of hand.

I dont think they arrange her day based on what Abbie would like or benefit from.. they do what is best for their VLOGS.. now there are multiple people benefitting from her.. trying to get a piece of the "action"..

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I agree but I think Abbie is becomming more of a commodity then a human being. Everyone is trying to benefit from her on social media and all the eating out, boating, filming her without her consent..is all about exploitation..even the bicycle riding was exploiting her to get some content for the VLOG.. so the leg HUMPERS can all exclaim.. how cute!!! YEA!!!! etc etc. Its really gotten so out of hand.

I dont think they arrange her day based on what Abbie would like or benefit from.. they do what is best for their VLOGS.. now there are multiple people benefitting from her.. trying to get a piece of the "action"..
I couldn't agree more :)

Reactions: 10

Exactly. This is what we have all been saying for months, but how do we stop it? There needs to be an international movement to prohibit this type of exploitation, but sadly no-one in a position of authority is taking up the baton.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
If Abbie does have Pica then they might want to go get her vitamin and mineral levels checked for a deficiency. She doesn’t have a balanced healthy diet, so I would not be surprised if she was deficient in something.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I am now speechless and totally disgusted and very, very angry. I just did manage to get on Jeepdollars Ig account and there is a pic of her with a little boy and underneath it says Sponsored by Jeep UK. So next step is to bombard them with emails about this stupid witch exploiting a disabled child.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I don’t think it’s Pica imo. I literally think she just puts anything in her mouth and if she happens to like it....she likes it. I believe Pica is when you crave something that isn’t food. I don’t think Abbie goes around thinking..... “I really want to try some dirt right now”, I think she just sticks things in her mouth because shes curious or because she believes it’s edible.
Thats ok, I get it. However as a person who DOES walk around thinking I'd like to munch a piece of chalk, or ash my cigarette into my palm so I can lick the ashes...yeah, you think like that.

• Heart
I used to watch fathering autism to see if I could maybe learn some new treatments or advice from them for my son who has autism. However, the more I watched the videos the more I learned he hasn’t a clue on autism or what to do with Abbie. I watched a video of Abbie when she was really young and had she had so much potential then. It’s a shame they wasted all of that time by not working with her. This is my first post and I really enjoyed reading all of these threads. You guys and gals are spot on discussing the Maas.
If you need any guidance or support, feel free to reach out to me or join Autism Inclusivity on Facebook which is run by autistic adults. I'm autistic myself by the way.

I am now speechless and totally disgusted and very, very angry. I just did manage to get on Jeepdollars Ig account and there is a pic of her with a little boy and underneath it says Sponsored by Jeep UK. So next step is to bombard them with emails about this stupid witch exploiting a disabled child.
Please get on her Ig now and leave a suitable comment.

Reactions: 6

Shes totally their sole means of support. Every nickle they make has been earned off of Abbie. Its disgusting. I think this is also why Asa has rebranded FA from autism awareness to a family channel...so he can claim he isnt exploiting her because he films the entire family. Its funny, because years ago he would be indignant if someone called it a family vlog and he would rant it was about awareness. Now it is the exact opposite. Their newer fans probably have no idea of that but I see you Asa, and I remember. 😎

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Anyone see Priscilla's TikTok lately? I kind of wonder if shes trying to do the same thing Asa did on YouTube with Abbie's autism. She doesn't seem to be doing those stupid dances any more. Its more about Abbie and communication.
Great, another way to exploit her autistic child. Git.

Oh wait, you have more money that you must pay so I can afford my completely overpriced kitchen renovation. Remember, sell, sell, sell. *lip smack*lip smack*! My #autismprincess needs her empire when the Maasshole parents die from obesity.

We know they will be going for the bougiest (is that how it is spelled) and new money type of bells and whistles. So, what do we think we will see?
Well she'll want a massive fridge possibly taking up one wall for all the crap food she keeps eating.

• Haha
Can you please explain what that is?

Reactions: 5
I can't imagine having to live life as Abbie does. She gets no choices about her life, where she wants to go or be or do. She is like a trained seal for these people.
The constant grabbing at her, hanging on her, in her face tit would be too much for anyone.

I believe the rocking soothes her. I believe most of the loud noises she makes are because she is frustrated that no one will listen to her. I don't think she really has any control over it. They may have been able to stop that a bit but not sure they care to even try at this point.

She is constantly sensory overloaded and to "fight" back she makes that honking sound, until she gets to the point of actual crying.

Watching her is heartbreaking to me.
I couldn't agree more. I think she's yelling because she's overwhelmed or stressed or angry. She wouldn't be making that sound if she was doing a vocal stim.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.