Fathering Autism #47 Claws for hands & jacked up feet, Pigs disorders run hoof deep.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok, I can think of three things that Abbie absolutely loves on top of my head (I'll exclude food, as she has way too much access as is and her obsession with it is worrisome): Water, Sand and blankets (please expand the the list if you noticed something else). All these things are super easy to turn into sensory experiences or actual therapy.
Sand: People mentioned kinetic sand and I support that. I would actually go with the naturally colored stuff, as it would likely decrease her trying to eat it. She never tried to eat actual sand iirc. I would also recommend a small, portable sandbox with a lid (so I won't end up as a litter box. We have some for toddlers made of hardplastic (often shaped like a seashell). Get a watering can, so she can explore different kinds of sand.
Water: She has the pool, but set up a tiny water park (like an Aquaplay. Those things were all the rage when I was a kid in the 90s) on the patio. it would train her motor skills and I bet she would love it. Film water or gather different footage of water (pool, lake, pouring, rain, maybe an aquarium...)and make small clips for her IPad. Maybe thats a flop, but it doesn't cost anything.
Blankets: She must have tons of them. Subscribers sent them, she got one as a gift from summer last year. Let her pile everything up if she likes, plus teach her how to fold,sort and stack them. My guess is that she would be resistant at first, but it would eventually be fun. She should also be expected to clean up after she is done playing. It would have a better cognitive effect than unloading the dishwasher (because that is unrelated to her).
This is all relatively cheap and easy stuff targetes towards Abbies interests that I came up with in less than five minutes. It baffles me that A&P never go beyond "hurr durr, Doughnuts!"
Edit: here is an example of an Aquaplay. For the poor souls that never had one....https://www.amazon.com/AQUAPLAY-194387-Mountain-Water-Playset/dp/B06WP9LK15
A&P do absolutely nothing like this with her. Nothing at all.

Reactions: 20
My thoughts exactly 😂
Nah just baiting comments because it helps the youtube algorithm. They give zero shits what anyone has to say. I am surprised how many people don't realize that is why youtubers mention "ask in the comments" or "tell me in the comments. They really aren't interested or invested. Just trying to get that activity on their video.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
It makes sense she chose Asa since he's up all night editing when it's quiet and she can just hang out with him at the computer not having to worry about Abbie running in screaming because she's locked up or Sandy running in barking because she's locked up.... anyways Nala must love the night time. They should put a cat bed on one of the like five desks in there for her. I've got a cat tree next to my desk for my tortie.
I wonder how many times AB has pushed Nala, or Sandy has jumped up and caused her to fall off of that 1/2 wall in the kitchen onto the couch in the “family room”?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I wonder how many times AB has pushed Nala, or Sandy has jumped up and caused her to fall, off of that 1/2 wall in the kitchen onto the couch in the “family room”?
Nala doesn't seemed frightened of her, just cautious and untrusting. I doubt Ab takes much notice of the cat unless she is someplace that interrupts what Ab is doing. Cats are far less forgiving than dogs. If she was mistreated she would avoid situations.

I doubt Sandy has knocked her off the railing.... though I don't understand P trying to get Sandy to go after the cat. Baffles me. Other than her just having zero understanding of animals...

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I couldn't stand to watch that "care package" video just because of how she packed everything! valid criticism of the contents aside, she put everything without substantial packaging on the bottom and then pushed everything down on top of it, then forced the box closed. those cookies and candy will be crumbs by the time it gets there for him. why didn't she take some things out or use a bigger box??
She’s not smart enough. LOL

So because Dunkin didn’t bow down and give him a sponsor he has now turned to all of a sudden disliking their cups and passive aggressive comments?? He really is embarrassing with this Dunkin obsession, his desperation to get noticed by them makes me cringe. Also he looks ill and has aged suddenly or he is trying pull off the ‘sexy’ rugged look, I can’t decide 🤢
OMG and he’s dying to get a sponsorship with the Salt Life Comp too. He is NOT the type that they’re looking for so he needs to give it up.
If he is “going” for the sexy rugged look, it will be a looooooooong trip 😉 😆. Maybe P will pack him a care package.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
she has not regressed due to sensory issues. she's regressed because there is no consistency or follow-through in her life. "Abbie thrives on chaos!" no, she doesn't. having a schedule doesn't mean every minute is regimented and there's no room for her to make choices. if she doesn't sleep well, or isn't feeling a certain activity that day, swap things around. she can still make choices, she can still listen to music, she can still have some say. but simple things - being taken to the bathroom every half hour, dinner at the same time every day, bedtime at the same time every day, could help her so much. she's had months of no schedule, no consistency, then was dragged to boone for a week, then thrown right back into school. of course she's struggling!

they need to get her on a regular schedule. after school, give her time to relax and decompress, and then give her some sensory play, or a simple task that she can accomplish - after all, doesn't she always get so "proud of herself"? where are the puzzles she used to work on at the old house? I love the other sensory play ideas with water people are suggesting. squirting multiple cans of shaving cream at her once a month does not satisfy her sensory needs. and then, give her time in the pool, or a brief walk - something to get her moving, just a little bit. as much as they talked up their daily walks at the beginning of quarantine like it was groundbreaking, it was actually a great idea for Abbie - and then, poof, they're gone.

A&P can't stick to a schedule for several reasons: it makes boring vlog content, they get bored themselves, and it doesn't offer immediate results. if they don't notice a change within a few days, they just discard things. if the vlogs get repetitive, Asa needs something to change things up to give him a punchy clickbait title. but in the long run, I think Abbie really would benefit from this consistency, and for them to actually follow through with everything they say they will try.

I'm just sick of this - there is no excuse to not provide these sensory opportunities for her, or to keep to a schedule, or healthy meals. this is their job. they have made their livelihood on caring for Abbie, and the vlogs are so blatantly not about that anymore. their job is to share how they care for her, and they are half-assing it. it's immensely disappointing.
You put it perfectly! I agree with all of this, 100 percent!

A&P just cannot admit that THEY are a major part of the problems that Abbie is having. Princess P saying that Abbie's sensory needs are just higher right now, implying that it's basically for no reason - it just happened.
This seems to be their go to response, Abbie is having a hard time with A,B, or C, and we have no idea why! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 16
YT Comment regarding talking about Abbie... in front of Abbie.
I agree it’s constant and particularly bugged me on that video as what should have been a fun afternoon at the beach turned into not allowed touch the water and lying there listening to them pair talk about her! No interaction from parents but he managed get that bloody drone packed but no picnic or towels!! Such a shame really is. They will never get this time back again, I hope they regret their choices one day!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Dunkin’ at home? We don’t listen to haters at all!😂
Early snark from Assa. He is trying to be more present.🤪 Still no mating for AssaHole.
🐷 looked so proud when sweet girl chose Dunkin’ ..Thats your girl!
Abbie likes to watch whales...LMAO..I will just leave this one alone.
Big Ol’ face rub when heading out the door for the beach..to whale watch...at least one or two whales..land whales.
Speaking of, Where is 🐷’s bikini?
A quick Thigh Weenus (autocorrect capitalized Weenus for me!😂😂😂) sighting when stampeding into the kitchen.
Big Shocker...Isaiah vlogging is getting 🐷 through the weeks..because it really is about her needs and feelings......full face rub. 🤮
After the beep pork belly sighting...my eyes..my eyes...😫😫😫

Ohhh My! My final take...on the serious side..15 years later and you guys are trying to find sensory activities for the autism princess. I feel like they put Abbie on hold until they had Isaiah out of the house. Also, guess which teenagers do not seek pull up sensory play? Potty trained teenagers. Less banana bread...more common sense..idiots!🙄
Of course they read here, he even shaved!! lol

• Haha
Reactions: 16

OMG and he’s dying to get a sponsorship with the Salt Life Comp too. He is NOT the type that they’re looking for so he needs to give it up.
If he is “going” for the sexy rugged look, it will be a looooooooong trip 😉 😆. Maybe P will pack him a care package.
I know, Im just waiting on him to be on the toilet doing his business and try to get CHARMIN to sponsor him.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Such an ugly canvas print. I suppose she cannot hang it due to covered up brick? I see Fall decor!

And a few screenshots from an article about sponsorships. The high dollar amt is for the popular yoonoobers. How ashamed they (& Isa.) must feel for buying followers. At least I hope they’re aware of their cheating ways. Morals....ehhh....it’s a slippery slope downward with them. They’re too desperate for food & wealthy living.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I thought Asswipe would look better after he shaved. But it doesn’t seem to have helped. Maybe if he moved farther back from the camera. Like a couple miles.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Just watched the vlog....so boring just listening to those two yap. At least they took Abbie to the beach. *yawn*

• Haha
Reactions: 14

How can anyone stand the lip smacking? It's like scratching nails on a chalk board! I can't even watch! Good morning my fellow Tattlers!! Happy Wednesay!!

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Nala doesn't seemed frightened of her, just cautious and untrusting. I doubt Ab takes much notice of the cat unless she is someplace that interrupts what Ab is doing. Cats are far less forgiving than dogs. If she was mistreated she would avoid situations.

I doubt Sandy has knocked her off the railing.... though I don't understand P trying to get Sandy to go after the cat. Baffles me. Other than her just having zero understanding of animals...

Totally agree. I think Nala does her own thing and avoids dogs and Abbie. They really don't "get" pets....or Abbie, just clueless. First time Nala scratches Sandy that dog will learn not to chase the cat! Unless they would have the nerve to de claw her. gggrrr

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Well, since we know they read here, I'm going to suggest they get a water table for Abbie as well. It can go out on the patio, so they don't even have to worry about it making a mess in the house. She can use it to play with water toys, Orbeez, even water balloons either filled up and put in the water for her to play with or filled up and set inside the empty table so she can squeeze and pop them without it getting all over. If the water balloons are a pica danger, let her shred and stim with colorful paper in the water table instead. Crayola sidewalk chalks are non-toxic, extremely washable, can write on surfaces underwater and make cool clouds of color when you submerge them in water, too. (Any one of these would be much more colorful and dynamic than shaving cream, so it would even make for a great vlog thumbnail, Asa!)

She also seems to enjoy the various colored light projectors they've used, fiber optic and LED light displays in the sensory room at JSA, and music...get some of those for her room. Heck, buy a projector and use it to project water documentaries big on a wall with the lights turned off...and then also use it for themselves to have outdoor movie nights (another way for them to have "all the things" at their next party!).
I suggested the water table in spring after she ate dirt. Also a sand table without sand, but things that cant hurt her like dried beans, rice.

I take the salt thing a little pissy. I was salty first, been using this since my begining here.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.