Fathering Autism #42 Life jackets are for dogs. These parents are self absorbed hogs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was more interested in your thoughts on CPS workers laughing about being called to a home. Being all jovial and joking etc.
The way Assa portrayed it both visits.
šŸ˜
Oh, sorry mate. Again, it is hard to say, as I am not a US citizen. I can only say that this wouldn't fly for a second over here, especially when it is blasted all over the internet (the case worker was supposedly familiar with the vlogs). There is also the chance that your supervisor finds out as well and then you are in deep tit. You are supposed to remain strictly neutral and laughing and joking with parents who are accused of doing something heinous to their kids is a) extremely unprofessional and b) the last thing you want to do when you think about a child suffering.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I can't believe them bitching about the CPS call. Sure, it was inappropriate of someone to make a report. But why the duck would you advertise it? I would be so embarrassed if I were them. To me, they just came across as arrogant POS. "LOOK AT ALL OUR AWARDS!!!!" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
They want the leghumpers mad and a pat on a back for doing what they do. They are very poor little me people. They made their whole career off their daughter having autism and they canā€™t handle that they are called out on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Here are some screenshots of God-Cilla taking a princess attitude w/ us and telling us all how foolish we are... ;)

14546.jpg

7568.jpg

8254511.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Oh, sorry mate. Again, it is hard to say, as I am not a US citizen. I can only say that this wouldn't fly for a second over here, especially when it is blasted all over the internet (the case worker was supposedly familiar with the vlogs). There is also the chance that your supervisor finds out as well and then you are in deep tit. You are supposed to remain strictly neutral and laughing and joking with parents who are accused of doing something heinous to their kids is a) extremely unprofessional and b) the last thing you want to do when you think about a child suffering.
I feel the same way. Over here there is no way a child protection officer would be laughing and joking on a house call, after all they are doing a job and sometimes something might not be as it seems, so they have to be professional and as far as I am aware would not discuss anything with the person they were investigating. I live in the U.K. so things may be a lot different in the U.S.

Reactions: 15
There is a big difference between speculation and facts. I find all of this MDs videos to be based on speculation, and her execution has not been very well thought out. I don't think any authorities needed to be called or emailed regarding them, as authorities look at only the facts and not speculation. I do think they need to be demonetised on YT, as I think it is wrong to make money for your family by using a child's disability for views.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
They want the leghumpers mad and a pat on a back for doing what they do. They are very poor little me people. They made their whole career off their daughter having autism and they canā€™t handle that they are called out on it.

Hey Assa youā€™re the one who said itā€™s hard explaining your job to people because itā€™s Youtube. You know that making your job youtube because your daughter has autism is exploitation and sounds ridiculous, especially when youā€™re not spreading any real awareness.
Thats kind of what is disturbing me to be honest. This recent uproar has benefited them, not harmed them.
My goal has always been to show they are shady people who make a living off of Abbie, not getting Abbie removed.
I wanted to see them crash back down to earth and have to get "regular jobs" as Asa would say.
Instead, now they're going to have more support than ever. :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Thats kind of what is disturbing me to be honest. This recent uproar has benefited them, not harmed them.
My goal has always been to show they are shady people who make a living off of Abbie, not getting Abbie removed.
I wanted to see them crash back down to earth and have to get "regular jobs" as Asa would say.
Yup.
100%.
It sucks.

Reactions: 15
It could potentially back fire. I do think they lost views after the second child video. I think ppl will start to pay more attention to them now. After awhile as a leghumper you have to ask yourself, why am I watching this. Doesnā€™t it get weird watching a 15 year old teen everyday or listening to Assa talk about how he needs to fix his toilet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Couldn't leave out Asshat. Here's a screenshot of him trying to shame the 'garbage can people'... followed by his smug joy over showing off their 'parenting awards'

795362.jpg

5496709.jpg

780934569.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I feel the same way. Over here there is no way a child protection officer would be laughing and joking on a house call, after all they are doing a job and sometimes something might not be as it seems, so they have to be professional and as far as I am aware would not discuss anything with the person they were investigating. I live in the U.K. so things may be a lot different in the U.S.
Yeah same. I am still hung up on the timeframe though. Rule of thumbe here is "if it cannot wait two days, you call the cops". There is paperwork involved. As it presents itself now (and with Pritch), CPS received a call and decided to move in 36 hours tops. Florida-Tattlers: is that normal?
Edit: Ninja'd by @Kermy Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I think it was someone watching MDs videos. The word abuse is literally in the title of one of her videos.
Funny thing that Isaiah says that Abbie has never said a single word. Wasn't there a whole video about her saying no? Complete with Pritchface crying? or am I remembering it wrong?
Edit to add: Regarding reporting them. This was a bad, terrible, no good idea. Not only about crossing a line or -worst case - condemning Ab to land in the foster system. Now they can play the poor victims in front of their leghumpers (which they were doing with a lot of fanfare in this video.)
Iā€™m in Canada and would have no idea how to even do it! Plus I just like to gossip about them and comment to get Assa going lmao

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Stripe I agree. I do not think this worker was whooping it up with them. But it really is a delicate line. A worker is going in as the "enemy" already. If you're too hardcore, you make it even more difficult to communicate.
As for me, my short stint with CPS was too heart wrenching. I couldnt do it for a living. It is SUCH a intense job, your sadness is more intense and so is your happiness. There were times I was downright giddy to find a call was unfounded.

Reactions: 9
In the video they say kid can't speak a word, she can't vocalize "no" but I have seen it and the company they had hired to write subtitles for the videos had seen it - and added to the subtitles. I have posted that here before, it's right here. They do ignore her signs and vocalizations, it's nothing new.

I don't know how these visits happen, do they call beforehand or just show up and do the inspection? Because I'm now wondering if Summer leaving had anything to do with this visit.
In Ontario Canada they call and say they are coming the next day

• Wow
Reactions: 5
how cps is handled varies depending on where you live.

Stating opinion is not defamation of character. Telling lies in order to cause harm is defamation.

If people are trying to actually go after them, And they can prove who, then he could have a legal case.

And I will restate there are plenty of places you can get covid results pretty quick. Just need a lab, Or I think, a test kit.

I doubt anyone here called. At least I truly hope. Because things like that are wrong. If they open a case they ate required to keep it open for a period of time. Then if no other calls ate made, issues resolved, etc the case is closed.
I think the quick turnaround depends on where you are...if the numbers are high the turnaround time seems to be longer which is why I questioned it
Here the only quick turnaround times are for elderly,extremely high risk or if you end up at
the ER

Reactions: 4
Wow...you must have extensive resources there, I dont understand that at all. Cases cant be opened at all until there is a visit....imagine if every single phone call opened a case based only on the caller? There are not enough workers for that. Here, the calls are discussed and it is decided what warrants a visit and what doesnt. If a visit is warranted a CW is assigned and they make the visit. After the visit they make a report with their observations and opinions and then the supervisor (again) makes the call to officially open a case, or close the call.
They don't on every call. Most calls are not followed up on at all. Child services here isn't great. But they are spread thin. From my understanding here they take the call and then decide if it warrants to be taken to the next level. Once it is assigned a worker they investigate. Opening a case. If the case is deemed resolved it is closed but is kept on file for like a year if I remember right.

Edited to be more clear what I meant. Which means nothing because I don't live in Florida or near to know how it works there

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Good point and it would be something he would do.
I agree that they arenā€™t abusive but they are making bucks off Abbie . Whether that is wrong or right might need to be settled among You Tube and their bylaws. I donā€™t think it has hurt anything for us Tattlers to remark on things that we see that are questionable like the pool, the life jacket, her toilet habits, Isaiahā€™s language, the non-wearing of masks, etc. I donā€™t think a Tattler reported them. I havenā€™t seen an address on ANYTHING that Iā€™ve read anywhere and Iā€™m an avid reader. I think that may have not been true. I also donā€™t think itā€™s true that the worker complimented them on their parenting. I just donā€™t. It would be highly unprofessional. I DO think that Asa pulled out all the stops and bragged about how good of parents he thinks they are, and she probably listened. Thatā€™s all. Because he cannot help himself. Itā€™s clear they both think they are all that. When someone doesnā€™t have much confidence, often they will brag to make up the difference. As far as filing charges, hrumpf. I dont believe it. Heā€™s bellowing cuz thatā€™s all heā€™s got. Heā€™s trying scare tactics. ā€œIā€™m gonna tell Mom on you!ā€ I donā€™t know law but I do wonder how much freedom of speech one has on their website. And for him getting his pants up his crack about using the resources of CPS instead of ā€œrealā€ cases, personally I think itā€™s ok if CPS went to visit. Why not? If something should happen in the pool or in the waters, there will be record of a couple of visits and a paper trail suggesting that Abbie may have been put in a unsafe situation and as parents they ignored it. If one of the jobs of CPS is to check up on children who May need to be checked up on, and if someone from YT saw MD and was concurrently concerned, then CPS did their job. And no, I donā€™t think they abuse Abbie. Abusive situations are so abhorrent and the Maassā€™ arenā€™t that.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Sorry for the length. Here is the backstory of Mindful Divergence/Huxley's Law on YouTube.

Who the hell is MD? I havenā€™t been on here in weeks, busy with work.
MD is an "aspie" who seems to make much content about medical issues. She recently say what happened with Huxley, and went on a crusade to end all family vlog channels that monetize off their children who cannot consent to be filmed.

Two weeks ago, she posted this video:

At the time she had only watched a few videos and didn't see what we see from the Maas family. After she posted this video, she started getting comments informing her on concerns. After that, she watched more videos.

Six days later, she posted her next video was concerning Abbie and wearing a lifejacket. Is it safe, unsafe or none of our business.

After being accused of trying to benefit off Abbie's name by many of the leghumpers, she created "Huxley's Law" channel to discuss all the family vlogs and trying to demonitize them. She was not going to moneytize any videos on that channel specifically to avoid that claim. There has only been one video on the channel:

Three days after, she then posted her reaction to a Lipstick Mama Live from two years ago where Summer and Priscilla did skin care of Abbie. She didn't hold back with her reactions and commentary.

The next day she posted a video about "Summer grabbing Abbie's butt" when saying goodbye. However, the video was filled with more of her commentary about why she is doing it. Her background and how many professionals are contacting her behind the scenes about protecting Abbie.

After last night's vlog (the one with Nala), she posted the video where she claims Isiah called Abbie a **tard. Jury is split about what was said at the 9:08 mark of the Fathering Autism video. Asa said that Isiah said "you dork," which many of us didn't hear.
https://youtu.be/o1UXtQcl_ak

After tonight's vlog about CPS and COVID-19, she posted this comment:
Screenshot_20200806-184908_YouTube.jpg

I have not been to see what is happening on her channel or in the comments. A video was deleted by a young man with autism in the UK, so that is the "deleted video" in the Abbie playlist., but here is a link to her channel.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
When did Is

Who is MD? sorry I have been away for a bit and I have pages upon pages to catch up on, can someone fill me on who MD is
thank you
Someone may have answered u by now I just started reading on the new thread but just in case Mindful Divergence on YT

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.