Fathering Autism #30 Going RVing, we are able. Too bad we don't fit at the table

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loved the autobahn. Do you drive a German? I drive an Audi and always am still shocked how fast that thing goes. But I love it!
I had a client ask me if my bimmer could go 180mph. Highest it goes is 140mph and no as tempting as it is to test it on the GSP, I’ve never tried it

Reactions: 5
Loved the autobahn. Do you drive a German? I drive an Audi and always am still shocked how fast that thing goes. But I love it!
I drive a VW. With a stick shift. My husband claims they make cars that shift automatically and that people who drive them (him included) are not total sell outs. He's also asked me to make friends with the idea of driving an automatic for my next car, since insisting on a stick shift limits our choices to about 20 cars in 150 miles radius. We're still in negotiations about this.

Reactions: 7
I don't think Abbie is very happy there. Look at her thumb and arm. Looks like she's biting

Well spotted! Those look like big bruises.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I drive a VW. With a stick shift. My husband claims they make cars that shift automatically and that people who drive them (him included) are not total sell outs. He's also asked me to make friends with the idea of driving an automatic for my next car, since insisting on a stick shift limits our choices to about 20 cars in 150 miles radius. We're still in negotiations about this.
Most cars in U.K are stick shift. You take your driving test in one, if you take it in an automatic, you are only allowed to drive automatics. I think we have one of the most difficult driving test in the world or so I have read.

Reactions: 9
Yay VW - Same family!! I wonder if he is talking about the shift in my kind of car. I don’t dont know manual but I have a similar option but in auto... it’s called the sport mode. I really wish I knew how to drive manual though.

Reactions: 3
Thanks for the new thread!

A posted on Facebook that the vlog was coming but taking a long time to load due to slow internet connection.

Screenshot_20200621_231007.jpg

Coffee in one hand. Phone in the other. And at this point. They are only 2 miles away from home! Looks like she only just fits in that seat too! 😳🙄😱

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Most cars in U.K are stick shift. You take your driving test in one, if you take it in an automatic, you are only allowed to drive automatics. I think we have one of the most difficult driving test in the world or so I have read.
I didn't take a driving test because I had driver's training in high school. Which, looking back, was not safest plan. I was by no means a safe driver after a three week class that didn't really focus on the practical side of driving.
I learned on an automatic, because that's what our school had.
When I was in college and could have a car on campus, the oldest car in the family happened to be a stick shift. I learned how to drive it by popping the clutch in a shopping center parking lot until I had the hang of it.

Look at her rocking? OMG her head is going to break the window!!!!
Notice she feel asleep while they were driving and was in bed with her parents at the end of the vlog. They are going to be some very sleep-deprived campers by the end of the trip.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I didn't take a driving test because I had driver's training in high school. Which, looking back, was not safest plan. I was by no means a safe driver after a three week class that didn't really focus on the practical side of driving.
I learned on an automatic, because that's what our school had.
When I was in college and could have a car on campus, the oldest car in the family happened to be a stick shift. I learned how to drive it by popping the clutch in a shopping center parking lot until I had the hang of it.

Notice she feel asleep while they were driving and was in bed with her parents at the end of the vlog. They are going to be some very sleep-deprived campers by the end of the trip.
I never learned how to drive a stick. I tried, but I did not have the coordination.

They are so full of themselves.. giving people tips and tricks. Was funny when Abbie started bothering them right away in bed. I noticed Summer is not sleeping next to her "bestie" as Asa said she would at the beginning of the trip.

The only way this would work out is if Abbie had learned some discipline long ago.. and omg the rocking.. I thought that whole couch was going to come undone.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Boy, this is going to TEST their relationships with each other - RVing can be pretty stressful, especially for newbies, doubley-especially for larger people, and tripley-especially for ones that come complete with their very own Abbie 🙈🙈🙈

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.