Fathering Autism #25 MLM scams, gluttony & greed. More people to fool is what we need

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I just say that I double love this comment. If I could've put more than one heart on it, I would've. This is what Ive been saying from the word go. She is going to injure someone one day, or worse. Jesus christ! I guarantee you, there are folks in their community that are scared to death of her and rightfully so. She scares the tit outta me and I'm just watching and hearing about it. Imagine if we had to be right there!
I've been knocked out cold by a non verbal violent client just because he wanted what I was eating

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Maybe Abbie was still "sick"?
It was just a few days prior that we were told she was given Benadryl or something because she was sick.
Could she have sinus pain? Throat pain? Or one of the worst ones..ear pain.
Hambeasts don't ever seem to look for or question physical discomfort as a reason for how she freaks out.
We will never unravel the mystery of Abbie but it's possible to see that those 2 fail at parenting.
IMO

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yep. That's pretty much what I was saying. :)

"But Abbie has no trouble remembering things that she likes or enjoys. She knows the sign for bath, she knows what's involved in taking one - she remembers, she often asks for one because she enjoys it. If you tell her to go to the pantry (where her snacks are), she'd know exactly what you mean and what's behind the door. When Asa put her in the golf cart, she immediately signed 'candy' because she's often taken to go get a treat when she goes in the golf cart.
She does have the ability to retain knowledge, memories, and associations. IMO. "
Exactly....I believe she is spoiled and only 'remembers' what she wants to. I believe that a lot of her failures during school time are just from pure boredom and not wanting to do the task and or just wanting attention knowing dad will do it for her of she doesn't do it. Lacking concentration because she just isn't interested in doing it.

We have seen the lack of follow through and Abbie knows and plays on that. Until they get their tit together and actually do something repeatedly, she will continue her lazy and spoiled ways.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
They are never fake? How about all the photo shopping/editing.. "sweet girls" , "autism princess", lying to JSA about what Abbie is capable of, lying to the HUMPERS? why doesn't he just say thank you and we will try to make our VLOGS more honest from now on?
Because he's a defensive, narcissistic POS.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I don't think the aggression can only be stopped if they get to the root of the problem. There's no other way for Abbie to communicate frustration or at least not one she knows very well. Personally, I think it's mostly rooted in her lack of ability to communicate stress, either because she can't learn a way or her parents refuse to teach her.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they refused to teach her because they don't want Abbie to communicate, because if Abbie signs that she's distressed or uses a symbol on her iPad, that might have some negative implications about their parenting ability.
She signed “all done” multiple times during Prom and getting ready for prom. The leghumpers didn’t bat an eye.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Maybe Asa has the guilts when it comes to punishing Abbie. They obviously don't agree on what should be done.

That cart...if she ever needed a helmet it is in that cart! I would be afraid to have her back there alone, seems unsafe to me.
Maybe that kind of discipline makes her more violent.

Although I believe they have created this behavior by not disciplining Abbie at an earlier age, I agree that she should have been sent straight to bed when they got home. Remind her what she did and tell her why she's being punished. I realize you may not be able to 'tough love' a severely disabled child, but something has to be done.

I took note that P says on the drive home that "she knows" and something to the effect of dispite Abbies disability, she should not get away with being mean and violent. It made me wonder if P and A disagree on 2 key factors...1. Whether Abbie does understand what she's doing and is purposely mean. And 2. How to deal with her violence.

I have a feeling they are both on a different page which could be why A takes more responsibility with Abbie, to protect Abbie from P's anger and punishments. P may believe that Abbie is more aware of what she's doing and is more purposeful, while A tends to blame Abbie's disabilities on her behavior, believing she can't help it.

I agree. Tough love isn't really going to work on Abbie in the same way that it would for most kids. But, she can still be taught that if she engages in a certain behavior - then there will be certain consequences as a result. If they are consistent with that and do it every time, I think she'll get it.
It confused me when Asa was saying: "So then it's like, not going back in there is giving in but at the same time if we go back in, we're just reinforcing that behavior." I'm not sure I understand how going back into the restaurant would be reinforcing the behavior of Abbie being upset (and most likely not wanting to stay at the restaurant. Maybe I'm missing something. It seemed worse to get the food, take it back home, and then let her eat the restaurant food. That's pretty much what Abbie wanted to happen and she used aggressive behavior to get what she wanted. To me, that reinforces to her that she can do that kind of thing again in the future.

I also agree that P was reacting as if Abbie is more aware and understanding of the situation than she truly is. When she told Abbie she needs to communicate better/more. She was speaking as if Abbie has a very extensive repertoire of signs and options on her device that she could have used but didn't. Abbie is communicating with what she has available to her. Which is not a lot. Being so limited in her abilities and options to communicate - you're going to get an Abbie that gets very frustrated and upset and ends up lashing out. If you want her to (using the term) use her words - ie. communicate rather than getting violent/aggressive... then teach Abbie more signs and put more options on her tablet.

Strongly agree with the bolded portion.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I agree. Tough love isn't really going to work on Abbie in the same way that it would for most kids. But, she can still be taught that if she engages in a certain behavior - then there will be certain consequences as a result. If they are consistent with that and do it every time, I think she'll get it.
It confused me when Asa was saying: "So then it's like, not going back in there is giving in but at the same time if we go back in, we're just reinforcing that behavior." I'm not sure I understand how going back into the restaurant would be reinforcing the behavior of Abbie being upset (and most likely not wanting to stay at the restaurant. Maybe I'm missing something. It seemed worse to get the food, take it back home, and then let her eat the restaurant food. That's pretty much what Abbie wanted to happen and she used aggressive behavior to get what she wanted. To me, that reinforces to her that she can do that kind of thing again in the future.

I also agree that P was reacting as if Abbie is more aware and understanding of the situation than she truly is. When she told Abbie she needs to communicate better/more. She was speaking as if Abbie has a very extensive repertoire of signs and options on her device that she could have used but didn't. Abbie is communicating with what she has available to her. Which is not a lot. Being so limited in her abilities and options to communicate - you're going to get an Abbie that gets very frustrated and upset and ends up lashing out. If you want her to (using the term) use her words - ie. communicate rather than getting violent/aggressive... then teach Abbie more signs and put more options on her tablet.

Strongly agree with the bolded portion.
I do feel that they are rewarding her everytime they go to a restaurant, she makes a scene, they leave.. always with food to eat at home.... I believe that Abbie prefers to eat at home and she loves restaurant food but would prefer not to be at the restaurant. I think they should just get takeout and bring it home instead of eating out with her.. or when she makes a scene dont allow her to have the restaurant food. (I'm sure she will have one heck of a meltdown when they start that)... but eventually she may know consequences.. and food is VERY important to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I've been knocked out cold by a non verbal violent client just because he wanted what I was eating
I've also been knocked out by a 300lb autistic client for over prompting him at his job. learned my lesson that day

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I think all 'tough love' with Abbie is going to do would be to make Priscilla feel like she's parenting a typical child. I think it makes her feel better - more satisfied - to know that Abbie is unhappy because Abbie made her unhappy. To me that just seems cruel to a disabled child without the ability to grasp actions and consequences consistently, the way Abbie clearly cannot. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The professionals at JSA may understand better how to navigate that - I think A&P don't.

I think you're right about them being on a different page, though. I think Priscilla even after fifteen years cannot wrap her mind around the fact that her 'autism princess' actually has autism and IDD. Just like you said - Priscilla seems to believe Abbie is being more purposeful than I think she actually is. If Abbie feels it, Abbie does it. There is no 'this is gonna make mom mad' - it's just a means to the end she wants to accomplish. In the latest vlog, I think that end she wanted to accomplish was not being at a restaurant. Frustration and aggression happen when they don't understand what Abbie wants or think they can somehow push her through it. Maybe sometimes they can - but I don't think there's going to be any predictable or teachable pattern to it.
You hit the nail on the head - P was fuming because of Abbie's actions (which, to be fair, I think most of us would be upset at being attacked by their child like that) and wanted Abbie to be upset/unhappy, too. I think it further frustrated P that Abbie didn't seem as bothered about it (which is typical for Abbie). While I can understand being upset by what Abbie did, I think P had a somewhat immature reaction to it. You really upset me and I want you to feel as bad as I do.

If Abbie feels it, Abbie does it. THIS. 100 percent. This goes back to what I was saying before about Abbie not being manipulative or conniving with her actions and behaviors. Abbie is very reactionary and thinks of things on a very basic level. There aren't deeper or more complex motives behind it.

• Heart
Summer aggravated the holy crap out of Abbie, no wonder she wasn't sorry to see her go. Always up in her face.

I disagree...I have seen her lay on her mom and dad and hug them on her own. I have seen her hug Maverick and Isaiah. I believe if you put strangers in a line with her mom and dad, she would go to her parents. She knows exactly who they are and I believe she feels very safe with her father. I mean, they visit at school and she wants to leave with them...that should tell ya she has bonded, knows them and knows home.

Why does this disabled child seem to get under your skin so badly? She is innocent.
There are human beings who are showing a kind of behavior that is radiating a selfish, egoistic and mean personality.
Their demands come first and they are getting agressive and manipulative to get what they want. And i don't like peoples who willingly hurt others to get their way. It's like a kind of sadism.

There are a lot of mentally disabled peoples that are a joy to be around.
I never had a " problem" with any of them.
It's the character that matters. Some peoples are nice and some are a pain.in the a..e.
The same goes for so called NT persons. Some radiat good vibes and some not.

Reactions: 10
Hambeasts don't ever seem to look for or question physical discomfort as a reason for how she freaks out.
Exactly. Leghumpers suggest social stories to them but we see where that went. Assa pulled out a packet, said he was going to laminate it.....then we never saw it again.

The reality is they are just lousy at parenting.

• Haha
I do feel that they are rewarding her everytime they go to a restaurant, she makes a scene, they leave.. always with food to eat at home.... I believe that Abbie prefers to eat at home and she loves restaurant food but would prefer not to be at the restaurant. I think they should just get takeout and bring it home instead of eating out with her.. or when she makes a scene dont allow her to have the restaurant food. (I'm sure she will have one heck of a meltdown when they start that)... but eventually she may know consequences.. and food is VERY important to her.
Yes!! So very much yes! I think you're right on that Abbie enjoys food from restaurants but prefers to eat it in an environment that is more comfortable for her. They gave her exactly what she wanted which sent the message that this is an acceptable thing to do. Asa said it would be reinforcing the behavior if they went back into the restaurant. I don't agree at all. Going straight home and letting her have the restaurant food was reinforcing the behavior.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Someone must have sent P the link to the YouTube video of her MLM scam. Haha! She mentioned it in her live last night (41:18). When will they learn that if you point people in the right direction of something you dont want them to know about, they will go look?! That's how I found this site during the big scandal video. She may have just shot herself in the foot on this one.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
I personally don't think Abbie is interested in going to a restaurant per se. All she is interested in is getting food and getting it quick. She understands when she is in a restaurant that food will appear. In the past they have shown how she watches food coming out of the kitchen and if it doesn't come to her table she starts getting annoyed, shaking her head all over the place and having what is basically a tantrum. I imagine the food was slow coming in yesterday's vlog and she went from tantrum to full meltdown. Bottom line she is greedy and has no concept of waiting patiently. How they deal with this in the long term I don't know.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Someone must have sent P the link to the YouTube video of her MLM scam. Haha! She mentioned it in her live last night (41:18). When will they learn that if you point people in the right direction of something you dont want them to know about, they will go look?! That's how I found this site during the big scandal video. She may have just shot herself in the foot on this one.
P's reasoning skills tend to be very sketchy. As we've seen.
If she wanted to address the subject, she could have been a lot more vague about it or speak in more general terms that wouldn't highlight or point out specifics that ppl will inevitably go investigate for themselves. She could have said something like: "I know there are some people who have had a bad experience with MLM's. It's not for everyone and that's just life. Different people have different experiences."
if P ever says something like that - I'm gonna take credit for it.... lol

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.