Fathering Autism #25 MLM scams, gluttony & greed. More people to fool is what we need

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her meltdown happened at the second restaurant they had been to that day. They went Mexican for lunch and then...wherever they were for dinner was where the event went down. lol

What is up with Summer rubbing her nose like constantly? She could not keep stop doing it when she was standing in the living room. Are there allergies all that bad? I wonder if there is mold in the house?
Unbelievable.. they go to 2 restaurants in one day? I'm still pretty much stay at home and occasional .. maybe once a week pick up take out.. wow.

Especially Abbie because she touches everything, puts her hands on her face, in her mouth, up her nose, yells. There is just no need to take her out like that.

I agree with the post that said she should be disciplined and get a peanut butter sandwich instead of bringing their meal home and let her eat it there.. they always bring home the restaurant food and let her eat it at home...

Reactions: 17
I've never thought that Abbie is physically abused in any way. I don't think their neglect ever reaches that level. But the video today made me glad that Abbie has Asa as a barrier between herself and Priscilla's temper. I think Asa probably expresses his frustration of the situation in much healthier ways and doesn't take it out on Abbie, but I can definitely see Priscilla denying Abbie things (food, music, stim toys, blankets or pillows, whatever she feels like would equate to a punishment etc) to feel like she's getting her back. I just get really bad vibes from the way Priscilla snapped about no music like that.
It's also an ABA- like response...denying a child their favourite things (that may be self soothing or whatever) until they learn to "behave/communicate properly", except that a) the autistic person is just going to get even more frustrated b) It's only a band-aid solution, it doesn't actually address the root cause of the behaviour (which ABA is known for not being helpful with - addressing the main issues) and c) It doesn't actually ever address anything to do with learning how to express feelings and how to work together to create a solution for future reference (for anyone of any ability, maybe this would be a bit difficult with Abbie) It only teaches the kid to behave for the reward and puts pressure on them to 'perform well' IMO, rather than giving them the tools, communication devices etc in the first place...
:)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
He compared Abbie to a toddler today instead of a teenager. Honestly, if this is their every day, I can't see how Abbie at some point is not going to hurt someone in public. I get that they don't want all their content to be negative, but they rarely show the true reality if that household. I feel they try to portray Abbie as some princess and that's not at all their truth.
i do feel bad for them because life with Abbie is never going to get easier. and it sucks for all of them that this is life from now on.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It's also an ABA- like response...denying a child their favourite things (that may be self soothing or whatever) until they learn to "behave/communicate properly", except that a) the autistic person is just going to get even more frustrated b) It's only a band-aid solution, it doesn't actually address the root cause of the behaviour (which ABA is known for not being helpful with - addressing the main issues) and c) It doesn't actually ever address anything to do with learning how to express feelings and how to work together to create a solution for future reference (for anyone of any ability, maybe this would be a bit difficult with Abbie) It only teaches the kid to behave for the reward and puts pressure on them to 'perform well' IMO, rather than giving them the tools, communication devices etc in the first place...
:)
He made such a production about her I pad in her book bag and putting it in the trunk!
Did their lazy asses with their 'typical teenager' take it into the restaurant patio with them?
I'll bet hell no.
I do not feel bad for them at all.
They raised her to be violent.
She's been attacking 🐖 for many many years.
It's their own doing.
The public school professionals said Abbie is unreachable.
They were right and the way she is at age 15 with no improvements just regression, is additional proof.
IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
This comment was left a few days ago....now today they are showing a different side of Abbie. Yes this is speculation but I think at some point they have to be a little real with how Abbie behaves. Yes I know they have shown videos in the past of her being aggressive but as of lately we don’t hear about it as much.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
This comment was left a few days ago....now today they are showing a different side of Abbie. Yes this is speculation but I think at some point they have to be a little real with how Abbie behaves. Yes I know they have shown videos in the past of her being aggressive but as of lately we don’t hear about it as much.

She sounds pretty much on par with Abbie.. but Abbie is way lower then age 10. Sounds like they think of Abbie as a little princess.

Reactions: 10
And you know, Abbie has basically been home for at least 6 weeks, doing nothing more than a ride to DD in the cart or a walk down their street. Did they not think that maybe ripping and running and going to so many places in one day might have overstimulated her? Why not ease back into to things instead of going full throttle??

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I had a question about school once Ass said they had a bathroom in each classroom. Are students required to be potty trained at school or does she wear a pull-up that needs to be changed by her teacher? Anyone have an experience as a parent or aide/teacher?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
And you know, Abbie has basically been home for at least 6 weeks, doing nothing more than a ride to DD in the cart or a walk down their street. Did they not think that maybe ripping and running and going to so many places in one day might have overstimulated her? Why not ease back into to things instead of going full throttle??
Came back to answer my own question, lol. Food. Its all about frkn food. They just HAVE to eat out. Get it to go all the time and get over it.

I had a question about school once Ass said they had a bathroom in each classroom. Are students required to be potty trained at school or does she wear a pull-up that needs to be changed by her teacher? Anyone have an experience as a parent or aide/teacher?
She wears a pull-up to school and keeps a change of clothing in her backpack.
Asa is probably excited about that bathroom because he is hoping the school will finally finish toilet training her. Sad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Why do they keep saying that Summer and Becca are her friends? I wouldn't really call them her friends as they aren't really equals as Summer and Becca are sometimes responsible for Abbie. Carers aren't usually friends and calling them friends is a bit unprofessional.
I don't get why Asa and Priscilla and their fans seem to refer to them as her friends.
Yes, Abbie likes them. Yes, they like Abbie. No, they are not exactly Abbie's friends.
I am a bit tired so maybe this isn't very well-written.
They know she’ll never be able to make friends, so it’s all about the land of make believe. They should know better that in order to make Abbie move & not manipulate, that it takes a firm & stand your ground personality.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if it is hard for A and P to see the channels with younger kids beginning to speak. I didn't see the video, but someone said that the Wee girl was verbally naming colors now. All the while Abbie just stays Abbie. Asa very briefly mentioned Abbie's developmental delay...she is probably more affected by the IDD than the others.
I myself would like them to share their frustrations about Ab's anger and violence because it is something we deal with in my family, and I'm sure other special needs families could relate as well. You are right (whoever said it)...it doesn't matter if Abbie will never match colors. How she behaves and treats others is more important. Begin with modeling behavior by stopping the rough housing.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Came back to answer my own question, lol. Food. Its all about frkn food. They just HAVE to eat out. Get it to go all the time and get over it.

She wears a pull-up to school and keeps a change of clothing in her backpack.
Asa is probably excited about that bathroom because he is hoping the school will finally finish toilet training her. Sad.
I think she probably does pretty good with the bathroom at school since they have her on a schedule.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
He made such a production about her I pad in her book bag and putting it in the trunk!
Did their lazy asses with their 'typical teenager' take it into the restaurant patio with them?
I'll bet hell no.
I do not feel bad for them at all.
They raised her to be violent.
She's been attacking 🐖 for many many years.
It's their own doing.
The public school professionals said Abbie is unreachable.
They were right and the way she is at age 15 with no improvements just regression, is additional proof.
IMO.
Amen to everything you said! I too wondered why the sudden showing of her taking her ipad and backpack...I don't think they normally take either with them when they go out...or maybe I've missed that? Abbie seemed confused as to why she had it too. She dumped it in the garage and then he made a big deal about putting it in the trunk, as if Abbie was supposed to know. Strange! Anyway...I have to wonder if they didn't get to the restaurant and start the "what do you want sweet girl, how about this, what about that?" Ganging up on her and flooding her brain with 50 questions at once like they always do to her...knowing full well she can't tell them what she wants! I would have decked P too!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
She
When I first heard her say motherhood is not my jam in the video, I found that many others heard the same thing..then I went back and listened again and she said homeschooling is not my jam, and I wondered if Asswipe went back and changed it. Either way her actions speak for her. Thanks for clarifying that.
She DID say motherhood was not her jam. Asshole changed it. I remember thinking what a poor excuse for a mother she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Why do they keep saying that Summer and Becca are her friends? I wouldn't really call them her friends as they aren't really equals as Summer and Becca are sometimes responsible for Abbie. Carers aren't usually friends and calling them friends is a bit unprofessional.
I don't get why Asa and Priscilla and their fans seem to refer to them as her friends.
Yes, Abbie likes them. Yes, they like Abbie. No, they are not exactly Abbie's friends.
I am a bit tired so maybe this isn't very well-written.
Actually this is well put.

Reactions: 4
Wtf was up with Dummer and all that nose rubbing anyway?
They are all a bunch of weirdos.
IMO
Big shedding dogs, a cat, dirt, dust & flowers galore! They are stupid to have all those things w/ a non-verbal child w/ allergies. They need to get her allergy tested. It’s neglectful of them if they don’t manage her allergies better. And I do believe in childhood exposure to allergens, but it’s over the top w/ them. Assa is surely waiting for some air purifier freebies.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I hate to do this but is anyone hearing
"Oh no there goes Jacksonville oh no Godzilla" to paraphrase Blue Oyster Cult
Ok off to the couch corner for me I guess
" As she wades through the buildings towards the center of town ... go, go Priscilla"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
In a way they are approaching Abbie’s discipline Ike she’s neurotypical. By the time they got home, Abbie probably forgot she was in trouble.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.