Fathering Autism #24 Pullups, messy hair and dirty feet. Hambeasts can’t parent but they sho can eat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is really stuffed into that top. I dont understand why she is ordering items that do not fit. Just because you can SQUEEZE intp something doesnt mean you should. She would look thinner if she wore the proper size....wearing things 2 sizes too small isnt helping the weight loss narrative.
THIS! And that goes for anyone. If you're wearing something that's too small for you, it makes you look heavier than you really are. It is not flattering at all. You can still wear something that has more of a fitted silhouette but in the right size so that you don't look like an overstuffed sausage.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
THIS! And that goes for anyone. If you're wearing something that's too small for you, it makes you look heavier than you really are. It is not flattering at all. You can still wear something that has more of a fitted silhouette but in the right size so that you don't look like an overstuffed sausage.
It’s like a form of denial about gaining weight. Believe me, I’ve been there quite a few times. In fact I kept all my different size clothes, from size 4 to size extra extra large. I am now finally wearing the smaller clothes again, but finally dumped the extra extra large ones..all except one sweatshirt..just to remind me.

Reactions: 9
Morning/Afternoon/Evening all! Babes had her two week checkup & everything is looking great! Not bad for a twilight baby we thought was an impossibility!

I saw someone ask if autistic people can drink alcohol. The answer is yes, everyone can drink obviously. And it's not against the law. But how do you think Abbie would react to an alcoholic drink when she's legally old enough?
With some of the meds she is on she would probably become extremely cognitively impaired much faster than the average person. Alcohol could also amp up her anxiety which could lead to increased meltdowns and/or panic attacks.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don’t understand the point of the keto diet. No wonder they’re not losing weight (from what I can see). It seems like their dinners consist of fatty meat cooked in a crockpot with potatoes and creamy cheese sauce, with two pieces of lettuce smothered in dressing as a salad.
P tries to eat Keto here and there. Like on today’s vlog. But the way she does it is pretty much making her gain weight. You can’t just say “oh today I’ll eat Keto” but then the next day have Mac and cheese. She may as well have had the bread with her chicken on the vlog today. She likes the fact that Keto includes fatty, cheesy food as long you cut out the carbs...

Reactions: 11
Assss is determined to go with the bike narrative wonder if the fan$$ies have been asking about it. I’m sure there will be many tears of joy.

what I saw is 2 people pushing and steering for her, her pedal movement is not enough to make the bike go so she must have been pointed downhill. ...just more smoke and mirrors and delusion.
Why is the teacher recommending skittles to practice A’s colors? She apparently doesn’t know the amount of sugar already consumed in that household!
And I feel so bad for Abbie that she doesn’t know her colors. I really feel like it’s something she could have had a grasp of by now If her parents had followed through when she was younger.
I wish they’d have her sit up straight for part of her ‘school’ too, her poor shoulders hunched over 24/7 is just sad.

Also, at the beginning of the vlog Assss talks about good days and bad days and how on this good day A had fruit and granola for breakfast. But on a bad day she’ll have Captain Crunch for breakfast. (I’m paraphrasing.) OK, it’s not hard AT ALL to make sure your kid has a healthy breakfast! Seriously! There’s 2 parents there allllllllll the time, cut up some fruit the night before. It’s sheer laziness to pull out sugary cereal, plain and simple. And why is that cereal even in the house, especially since A probably throws a fit to eat it when she sees it!? I didn’t get that crap cereal growing up because it was expensive and all sugar.

That’s all I watched of the vlog because I just can’t watch more than a few minutes. I get the rest of the info from you nice people.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
You've made some good points there but I think she yells, grunts and flails in public because she doesn't like the environment (e.g. loud noises, bright lights, too many people). I would also suggests he brings noise cancelling headphones, her phone/iPad with Spotify downloaded so she can listen to music to help block the noise out, stim toys and sunglasses so that she copes fine with being in a public place.
As an autistic person myself, when I go out to public places, I always bring stim toys and ear defenders with me to help me block out loud noises and cope with anxiety/stress.
In addition, he should immediately stop filming when she yells/has meltdowns/shows signs of being overwhelmed, take her somewhere quiet and give her a stim toy and that will allow her some privacy. Nobody wants to see an autistic child or adult melting down in a place for the whole world to see.
And another thing that frustrates me is, why isn't he teaching her to express how she feels and sign that she wants to be left alone. That will enable her to have her needs met more as I think she mostly gets frustrated due to unmet needs.
he "claims" she wont wear sunglasses or headphones

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Why is the teacher recommending skittles to practice A’s colors? She apparently doesn’t know the amount of sugar already consumed in that household!
And I feel so bad for Abbie that she doesn’t know her colors. I really feel like it’s something she could have had a grasp of by now If her parents had followed through when she was younger.
I wish they’d have her sit up straight for part of her ‘school’ too, her poor shoulders hunched over 24/7 is just sad.

Also, at the beginning of the vlog Assss talks about good days and bad days and how on this good day A had fruit and granola for breakfast. But on a bad day she’ll have Captain Crunch for breakfast. (I’m paraphrasing.) OK, it’s not hard AT ALL to make sure your kid has a healthy breakfast! Seriously! There’s 2 parents there allllllllll the time, cut up some fruit the night before. It’s sheer laziness to pull out sugary cereal, plain and simple. And why is that cereal even in the house, especially since A probably throws a fit to eat it when she sees it!? I didn’t get that crap cereal growing up because it was expensive and all sugar.

That’s all I watched of the vlog because I just can’t watch more than a few minutes. I get the rest of the info from you nice people.
Not to mention Skittles are very bad because they stick to the teeth which increases the exposure time to the sugar. :rolleyes:

Abbie's posture is horrendous. Good parents should address that, no matter what it takes. Only gonna get worse.

And Prigly's back rolls! OMG they were so on display when she was sitting talking about her shirt.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Some screenshots I managed to snag today. From the Lipstick Mama’s and FatheringAutism facebook page.
(Edit: to add my thoughts) I don't understand why Asa feels the need to talk over everyone especially since Becca is training and has more qualifications than he does. I find it amusing how the leghumpers are quick to be vicious over a little criticism. Hopefully others start waking up and calling him out for his obnoxious personality and the obnoxious things he does!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Sandy being kenneled constantly only makes her a more hyper dog. Ass had videos of him training maverick about 2/3 years back. There’s NO excuse to not train Sandy except for pure laziness. Ass can’t say “well dog training centers are closed”, you wanted maverick to be a service dog for Abbie, he started training him, another half ass attempt with no follow through! Honestly EVERYTHING with this family...if it takes some work or time, they give up!!!
havent seen Assssa running lately....

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.