Fathering autism #21 Don't send fancy gifts to throw in the trash, just dunkin cards and l

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
in my past experience, no company would hire someone with autism or other DD unless a job coach was with them the entire time they were there. that's how many of my past clients were able to go to work. our big selling point was that someone like me would be with them the entire time so they wouldn't have to supervise the clients
Depends on the state. My oldest daughter was evaluated by VR services in January. She is considered level 0, which is unemployable in NC. Level 0 and Level 1, people that have medical conditions or need constant 1-on-1 attention, are not employable in the state. Level 1 can go to a job training center and have assigned workers to help them do work, hand over hand, and it is done on production. Usually it is very much “busy work,” and they may assemble nuts and bolts together for 40 hours and make .01 per item done..
Level 2-5 are employable through the state, depending on how much supervision is needed, it could be someone just helping complete a job application and sitting in an interview, to someone sitting at the job site and supervising the adult with disabilities. Again, each state is different but NC and FL run about the same on programs, by what I can tell, and I can guarantee Abbie would be considered at minimum a level 1 and possibly even a level 0 because of not being potty trained..
It is horrible how they are mostly treated though at the workshops and we are urged to not send them there because of how the workers treat the adults with disabilities..

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Did anyone notice the swimming costume change from her walking around to then being shoved in the pool! I'm thinking poop explosion!
And...during movie night Summer is sitting in Abbies spot and the cushion is gone. You can see it again during the outtake... I dont see it on the floor either. Must be getting washed.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
So it is ok for your developing teen daughter to strip naked in the house and pool area just because you say so. Umm you are exposing your son to an uncomfortable situation though he can never tell you because you will make him feel awful if he complains. Your daughter also has the right to dignity even though she doesn't know it. You have Windows in your house do you not? There is also a chance someone will enter your gate or look through a space at your nude daughter. To pedophiles and curious people she is just a naked girl to be abused in their filthy minds. You will be fortunate if you don't find her picture on the internet now that Daddy Warbucks announced to the world that she hangs out in the nude and you let her. Of course she never passes a window and of course no one could possibly snap her picture. Do you tell yourself this? You and your family do not have the privilege of living in a bubble protected from the evils of the world. Complacency is something no parent can afford no matter how much money they have. Good God man...I believe you love your daughter. Protect her D@%# it! People are already disgusted with things You and your wife have done and said in your pursuit of money, fame and numbers on the net. You have now set yourself up for every pedophile on the net to make your numbers go up at the expense of Abbies privacy and dignity. Will it be worth it to know she is likely to become some pervert's fantasy? What happens when you do a meet and greet?! Who is in that crowd man? You better start using your brain for more than counting dollar signs and numbers and use it for raising and protecting your daughter FROM YOUR STUPIDITY. PROTECTING YOUR CHILD. PARENTING 101..FIRST CHAPTER FIRST SENTENCE..You are responsible for your child's well being, safety and love. In the beginning you and Priscilla with your family had a great opportunity to bring wonderful awareness, respect and support for Autism.
Now it is just so sad what it turned into.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
in my past experience, no company would hire someone with autism or other DD unless a job coach was with them the entire time they were there. that's how many of my past clients were able to go to work. our big selling point was that someone like me would be with them the entire time so they wouldn't have to supervise the clients
when i worked retail a few years ago, we had an employee with idd and down syndrome. he had a coach with him for half his 4 hour shift, and then was left alone(which meant, other employees had to keep tabs on him). his only task was putting stickers on stock, and if he was left alone for more than a few minutes he'd sneak out of the back/storage area where we worked on that stuff. a few times he interacted with customers including touching a preteen girl "uncomfortably". the family was very kind about it and knew he had no ill intentions. he was a very happy guy, but definitely mischievous. i'm reminded of him when i see abbie. she only learns/does what she wants. thats why she can open the garage but can't figure out colors.

Reactions: 14
And...during movie night Summer is sitting in Abbies spot and the cushion is gone. You can see it again during the outtake... I dont see it on the floor either. Must be getting washed.
I thought the same thing with the swimming suit change and then missing cushion. Poopi palooza!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Speaking of. Her diaper is always showing. It’s not about awareness and acceptance, if she’s on camera put shorts on her. Sure she wouldn’t want the world to see her underwear or diaper.

That was crazy. I guess they trust her because he moved like a slug to get her. I’m not sure if Abbie understands not going in the street.
She doesn’t. They were learning how to cross the street in homeschool.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Are the rest of you just quivering with excitement? P has "ideas" for a cookbook!
A cookbook.
From a morbidly obese woman, who's mantra is "I dont use recipes!"
So basically, throw as much cheese into a casserole dish as you can and go from there.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Depends on the state. My oldest daughter was evaluated by VR services in January. She is considered level 0, which is unemployable in NC. Level 0 and Level 1, people that have medical conditions or need constant 1-on-1 attention, are not employable in the state. Level 1 can go to a job training center and have assigned workers to help them do work, hand over hand, and it is done on production. Usually it is very much “busy work,” and they may assemble nuts and bolts together for 40 hours and make .01 per item done..
Level 2-5 are employable through the state, depending on how much supervision is needed, it could be someone just helping complete a job application and sitting in an interview, to someone sitting at the job site and supervising the adult with disabilities. Again, each state is different but NC and FL run about the same on programs, by what I can tell, and I can guarantee Abbie would be considered at minimum a level 1 and possibly even a level 0 because of not being potty trained..
It is horrible how they are mostly treated though at the workshops and we are urged to not send them there because of how the workers treat the adults with disabilities..
yep, saw how my own ex coworkers would treat clients. Mostly to see them have behavioral issues so that the ex coworkers would get a laugh

Are the rest of you just quivering with excitement? P has "ideas" for a cookbook!
A cookbook.
So basically, throw as much cheese into a casserole dish as you can and go from there.
Anybody could make a meal out of butcher box products

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
A cookbook.
She makes that heavy ass macaroni and cheese WAY TOO often to SMH they will be eating that for the rest of the week as well. blows my mind how they eat like that every freakin day,

• Haha
Reactions: 17
when i worked retail a few years ago, we had an employee with idd and down syndrome. he had a coach with him for half his 4 hour shift, and then was left alone(which meant, other employees had to keep tabs on him). his only task was putting stickers on stock, and if he was left alone for more than a few minutes he'd sneak out of the back/storage area where we worked on that stuff. a few times he interacted with customers including touching a preteen girl "uncomfortably". the family was very kind about it and knew he had no ill intentions. he was a very happy guy, but definitely mischievous. i'm reminded of him when i see abbie. she only learns/does what she wants. thats why she can open the garage but can't figure out colors.
My brother has been placed in a few jobs and each time he was able to master the job tasks, but not how to behave with coworkers or customers. He is inappropriate with women (he's never had a girlfriend but feels that he has the "right" to have one). Each time it is the same mess and the same complaints. Depending on who is working with him it comes up as an option since he is intelligent. I tell the people who think it is going to work out great that I am not going to be a contact person when it goes south.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Nice job Isaiah & Dummer! Keep creeping up on her, keep tickling her, keep shoving her in the pool. That'll teach her to not grab random people!
And I close my eyes and picture a full-grown and heavier Abbie with an adult face...5 years from now, 10, 15, 20, 25. Uggggh. Ain't nobody gonna think that's cute.
Bad enough Abbie is probably frustrated as all get out since everyone around her is so inconsistent but she also has to be wondering when the next asshole is going to "attack". But gotta have that vlog content right 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Holy tit.. I just spit Gatorade out of my nose. I just realized the posters name is Leg Wanus....LMFAO.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.