Fathering Autism #20. Toe Thumbs & Crooked Pinkies. Hiding Behind Doors to Make a Stinky

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Weighing in on the medical treatment. Don’t care who it is, if it needs to be done it’s getting done. I was a pediatric nurse, have worked with all kinds of kids. I’ve seen it take 5 nurses to hold a kid down to access a port. You can’t take all day trying to sweet talk a kid into something they aren’t going to let you do. You try everything, as a last resort you sedate and restrain. But they aren’t going to sit around for hours letting her throw a fit. She would absolutely get sedated in an er if they had to do any kind of procedure. For her safety and the staff’s. Especially for something like stitches. I bet that child has never even had blood work because she wouldn’t cooperate for them to find a vein. And regarding dirty feet...I hate shoes, I walk barefoot outside, my dogs go in and out and track in mud. I know my floors aren’t spotless, yet my feet never have been that dirty, unless I’ve walked through mud. Their floors are either filthy or they don’t bathe her feet.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It's quite possible that that could occur, but that doesn't mean that Abbie shouldn't get the same level of medical treatment than any NT would. I am a paramedic in Australia and it is my job to manage the medical, emotional, and social needs of the patient. It does not matter if that takes hours or minutes. I can only treat one patient at a time and their needs are my sole focus when I am with them. I am obligated to treat a patient without judgement or bias, everyone gets the same level of care no matter their circumstances.
Do you think this attitude is a USA thing? I'm like you - treat the patient that's in front of you that moment, making sure their needs are met. Holding someone down or drugging them just because they're being challenging just seems so wrong. I'm from Canada and I just can't comprehend this approach to patient care.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
What is the point of this blowing bubbles and matching two colours. Every time I have seen her doing these exercises they never move forward, it’s the same thing each time. I can’t seriously believe that anything is being gained and the more I see the more the regression is noticeable. I think she has reached her limit.
What is the point of this blowing bubbles and matching two colours. Every time I have seen her doing these exercises they never move forward, it’s the same thing each time. I can’t seriously believe that anything is being gained and the more I see the more the regression is noticeable. I think she has reached her limit.
@4:45 ST says with Abbie’s ”protocol“ you don’t have to. If you can get her to do it once that’s fine. I feel everyone around her is giving up.

Reactions: 8
Of course she thinks that... but not for that reason - she believes Abbie behaves that way because she’s a “spoiled brat”. Instead of suggesting doctors make time for everyone, she suggests that the most vulnerable be mistreated so that other people don’t ever have to be inconvenienced.
I’m sorry, but it has nothing to do with being inconveienced and mistreating vulnerable people and everything to do with safe, efficient, prompt care. A doctor in an er doesn’t have hours to sit with her, someone else could die waiting. God forbid she eats something harmful and comes in and needs an iv. You think waiting four hours to talk to her and try to calm her down is good? She could have irreversible damage by then from a poison. I’m actually offended that you would even say nursing staff mistreats people so that they can give care. Try being responsible of 5-6 critically ill kids and then tell me I don’t want to sit and sweet talk a kid for hours because it’s inconvenient.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
You may be right! Considering very young children(babies & toddlers) are more likely to see ghosts/spirits. Abbie has the mind of a toddler so it makes sense. 👻

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It's quite possible that that could occur, but that doesn't mean that Abbie shouldn't get the same level of medical treatment than any NT would. I am a paramedic in Australia and it is my job to manage the medical, emotional, and social needs of the patient. It does not matter if that takes hours or minutes. I can only treat one patient at a time and their needs are my sole focus when I am with them. I am obligated to treat a patient without judgement or bias, everyone gets the same level of care no matter their circumstances.
Weighing in on the medical treatment. Don’t care who it is, if it needs to be done it’s getting done. I was a pediatric nurse, have worked with all kinds of kids. I’ve seen it take 5 nurses to hold a kid down to access a port. You can’t take all day trying to sweet talk a kid into something they aren’t going to let you do. You try everything, as a last resort you sedate and restrain. But they aren’t going to sit around for hours letting her throw a fit. She would absolutely get sedated in an er if they had to do any kind of procedure. For her safety and the staff’s. Especially for something like stitches. I bet that child has never even had blood work because she wouldn’t cooperate for them to find a vein. And regarding dirty feet...I hate shoes, I walk barefoot outside, my dogs go in and out and track in mud. I know my floors aren’t spotless, yet my feet never have been that dirty, unless I’ve walked through mud. Their floors are either filthy or they don’t bathe her feet.
If Ab was in the emergency room and needed stitches, and all the other patients in the ER had covid, or were accident victums, or any serious injury I can guarantee you the nurses dont have time to coddle her and jump through hoops to calm her down to give her stitches. But Asa would demand hoops or maybe treats cuz she has autism. He thinks thats a free pass for everything in life and is teaching her the same. There are a helluva lot worse things in the world. Wait uour turn Asshole....wait your turn.

I’m sorry, but it has nothing to do with being inconveienced and mistreating vulnerable people and everything to do with safe, efficient, prompt care. A doctor in an er doesn’t have hours to sit with her, someone else could die waiting. God forbid she eats something harmful and comes in and needs an iv. You think waiting four hours to talk to her and try to calm her down is good? She could have irreversible damage by then from a poison. I’m actually offended that you would even say nursing staff mistreats people so that they can give care. Try being responsible of 5-6 critically ill kids and then tell me I don’t want to sit and sweet talk a kid for hours because it’s inconvenient.
I just posted almost the exact things you just said.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
have you ever had to use a dart gun? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I wish Jen would have nothing to do with these yayhoos. When I saw that she interviewed Asa at a function I wanted to scream NOOO! I just started watching her and A&P would just use her for content and numbers. Jen is a joy to watch and more mature than A and P will ever be. I dearly hope someone warns her to avoid them completely.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Do you think this attitude is a USA thing? I'm like you - treat the patient that's in front of you that moment, making sure their needs are met. Holding someone down or drugging them just because they're being challenging just seems so wrong. I'm from Canada and I just can't comprehend this approach to patient care.
I'm not sure whether it is a US thing or just public perception. Obviously medical care is seldom black & white and as a paramedic I live in the grey (due to lack of diagnostic capabilities). There are times when that approach is appropriate and times when it isn't, it's all situational. **

have you ever had to use a dart gun? 🤣
Hahaha those would seriously come in handy. Personally I haven't had the need to sedate anyone due to behavioural reasons.

** Obviously this is just my opinion and is shaped by my own experiences and education, in no way am I saying that others are right or wrong I am just sharing my thoughts.

Who said she wouldnt get the same care though? You must have a lot of paramedics. Are you saying you would take a call from the Maass' and simply be able to stay there until she magically managed to hold still for the 1st time in 15 yrs? And if your shift ends? A new paramedic goes to sit and wait? There are enough medics for you to stay on scene for hours? No one else needs help?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I wish Jen would have nothing to do with these yayhoos. When I saw that she interviewed Asa at a function I wanted to scream NOOO! I just started watching her and A&P would just use her for content and numbers. Jen is a joy to watch and more mature than A and P will ever be. I dearly hope someone warns her to avoid them completely.
I remember when Asa was trying to make friends with another Youtuber who is Austic but I haven’t heard any mention of him in recent vlogs.

Reactions: 5
I agree completely!! Either she will become independent of him and want to leave and have HER own life or she will meet a new man and he will sweep her off her feet and out that door! I've seen time and time again her attitude towards Asa and it's getting worse by the day! We already know how easy it is for her to turn her back on her own flesh and blood. I wouldn't doubt if she's already being catfished! That's why she's on her phone so much. If I was Asa, I would go threw her phone and see what she's really doing.
I definitely think she will leave Asa ( after she meets the first man to give her attention) it will happen..

Reactions: 13
They should have distracted her with an activity or stim toy instead or put music on and that would have helped her. She had already been on one ride in the golf cart so I didn't understand why they had to take her out in the car again. She looked like she'd had enough in the car anyway and she seemed to be fed up of the camera being in her face.
I've noticed during the most recent vlogs that she doesn't seem very happy. I think she's fed up of being filmed constantly and being made to perform tricks like a dog/circus animal for the camera. She's screaming for privacy and being allowed to be her real self and do activities that she enjoys. All that ABA "therapy" has taken its toll...
I totally agree! Many other people have been saying this for years, and I keep imagining myself in the same scenario (as an autistic person) and would most likely feel the same way!
But they chose to ignore the very community they were claiming to help and now it's biting them in the back..!

• Heart
Hi guys! I took on the task of remodeling our bathroom so I am very behind. I'm sorry if this is repeating anyone but I thought this was interesting. Ass is distance learning with Abbie. First she signs pretzel, he ignores her,
View attachment 120817
Then she does her yell stim
View attachment 120818
he stops her. Then she gets that "look",
View attachment 120820
And proceeds to pinch herself.
View attachment 120821
So I wonder if that's why she pinched her self. He ignored her asking for food and stopped her stim. He should have figured this tit out a long time ago because her pinching herself is just the tip of the iceberg in what damage she could do to herself when she is not getting what she needs/wants.
And the last screenshot, my favorite:
View attachment 120822
Ass is looking worn out! You think he is regretting his "job" right about now? And Pigcilla is loving life today. The whole day sitting on her ass not having to deal with Abbie. I wonder if this is their new normal 😂
Yea she had a meeting for 8 hours? So today they said she got a promotion on top of a promotion from last week or so...

• Haha
Hi guys! I took on the task of remodeling our bathroom so I am very behind. I'm sorry if this is repeating anyone but I thought this was interesting. Ass is distance learning with Abbie. First she signs pretzel, he ignores her,
View attachment 120817
Then she does her yell stim
View attachment 120818
he stops her. Then she gets that "look",
View attachment 120820
And proceeds to pinch herself.
View attachment 120821
So I wonder if that's why she pinched her self. He ignored her asking for food and stopped her stim. He should have figured this tit out a long time ago because her pinching herself is just the tip of the iceberg in what damage she could do to herself when she is not getting what she needs/wants.
And the last screenshot, my favorite:
View attachment 120822
Ass is looking worn out! You think he is regretting his "job" right about now? And Pigcilla is loving life today. The whole day sitting on her ass not having to deal with Abbie. I wonder if this is their new normal 😂
Asshat and Brandi and P always say "hands waiting" to stop Abbie from stimming, but what they never seem to realise due to neurotypical bias is that stopping stimming will make it worse in the end, because due to not being allowed to stim and regulate, the child/teen/adult, etc will end up in a meltdown either due to underwhelem, overhelem or not having their needs met, like food, pain, etc etc!! Just let them stim, don't try to "normalise" them :(

I guess they could call the fired department....hee hee
Just like at the end of Gilbert's Grape! (Edited to add: at least that mother was more kind and caring than P!)

• Heart
I'm not sure whether it is a US thing or just public perception. Obviously medical care is seldom black & white and as a paramedic I live in the grey (due to lack of diagnostic capabilities). There are times when that approach is appropriate and times when it isn't, it's all situational. **

Hahaha those would seriously come in handy. Personally I haven't had the need to sedate anyone due to behavioural reasons.

** Obviously this is just my opinion and is shaped by my own experiences and education, in no way am I saying that others are right or wrong I am just sharing my thoughts.

**Obviously this is just my opinion and is shaped by my own experiences and education, in no way am I saying that others are right or wrong I am just sharing my thoughts.

lmao! Everyone start using this!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.