Fathering Autism #20. Toe Thumbs & Crooked Pinkies. Hiding Behind Doors to Make a Stinky

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting that Abbie could eat the donut she decorated all by herself without it having to be piece-mealed to her bite-by-bite like the one Summer gave her.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
True, and I think Isaiah is just more vulnerable than Abbie to the overweight genes they received on both sides of the family. He's even kind of chubby in his childhood pics...it's one of the few areas Abbie just lucked out in. I did notice in the last vlog that he has gained quite a bit in a short amount of time. I never saw what the fans said about his looking just like Asa, but he's well on his way. I was watching a video from just two years ago, and it is amazing how much Isaiah has changed both physically and personality-wise. He no longer seems like the humble, genuine kid who just wanted to stay in the background. I never thought he was as perfect as the fans seemed to, but he was at least good at pretending back then.
He is becoming a smart arse like his father

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Interesting that Abbie could eat the donut she decorated all by herself without it having to be piece-mealed to her bite-by-bite like the one Summer gave her.
Summer feeds her like a baby. I guess it’s a best friends thing.

Ugh I hated that vlog she was waving the cookie at her saying “What is this, you want this” like she is a dog.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
They let her sleep during the day way too much. Just to get her out of their way. Naps, naps, naps. All they do is complain they don't get any sleep. Boring.
I think that could be her medication. Like after a morning dose of my meds can make me sleepy.

Also re the thumbs and high arches or totally flat foot/slapping feet, not to mention loss of muscle mass, especially calves could be something called, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease. Nothing to do with teeth, btw, its the discoverers Last names. I carry that gene. It can be sporadic or inherited. Take a looksee.

Reactions: 10
I think it’s a fair question considering she has autism. Would be nice to get someone’s opinion with autism who is on a similar platform as Abbie.

I would be interested in the debate. She’s 40 and she can “exploit” herself all she wants, but what if she was 14 and non verbal....how would she feel then.

I know she was once in a facility that didn’t treat her great so she would probably stand up for the maasss any day. The fake loving family life is what gives the maasss an advantage in the exploiting argument, the leghumpers cant see anything wrong.
I totally agree its a fair question, I just dont think she will respond to it. Not to mention, we seem to hear two things from people with autism that conflict.
1) NT parents/people do not take the advice of people with autism, and they should "know" because they have autism.
2) Then we hear, "All autistic people are not the same."
Of course they arent. We see it here with our own posters all the time. Sounds, lights, crowds, motion, etc., may be awful for one, and not effect another at all. Nor are all autistic people profoundly IDD. Its like saying all of us NT"s are the same simply because we are NT's. Being that Abbies situation is SO different than most of the autism community I dont think anyone can even guess at what she may or not think about anything. But autism aside, theres still no way to know how she feels about being filmed now, or if she were NT like Isaiah. He's been onboard from day one, so who knows?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Out of lockdown boredom I looked at the comments on their recent vlogs and it really is an eye-opener. Judging from the poor grammar, non sequiturs and uninformed comments I realise that their fan demographic is either very young, ill-educated or wanting to one degree or another and any remotely sensible comment is pounced upon by Asa or whoever replies on behalf of FA.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Screenshot_20200501_223926.jpg
Screenshot_20200501_224002.jpg
Screenshot_20200501_224102.jpg
Screenshot_20200501_224144.jpg
Screenshot_20200501_224219.jpg

Comments from last night vlog!

Stay tuned for tonight's episode. I will be posting it here in around 20-25 minutes 😉😂😁

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Summer feeds her like a baby. I guess it’s a best friends thing.

Ugh I hated that vlog she was waving the cookie at her saying “What is this, you want this” like she is a dog.
Seriously... I hate all the food dangling that they do. I think you are talking about a donut incident in the car, but of course, there have been so many incidents like that that it’s hard to keep up. Anyway... the way they do it, I often think about someone dangling drugs in front of an addict or recovering one. After all, she really has a sugar and food addiction.

Also the running that Isaiah and summer do is easily negated by the way they eat. The only thing that would come out of it is that they would at least be able to maintain the weight that they are in right now. And also mental health... being away from the crazy house.

Reactions: 12
This would be an awesome approach. The only thing I would hold back on is giving her a dose of her Seroquel (if that's still what she's on) - messing around with the timing/amount can duck a person up, even if it's just once. Some Tylenol though, would be fine and probably help with pain control as well as calming her down a bit.

I am strongly against 'burrito-ing' people with special needs in blankets. For some, it might be a comfort, but for others (myself and my daughter included) it can be extremely distressing and lead to a panic attack or meltdown. And with Abbie being non-verbal, I'd really try to avoid it at all costs. Same with holding her down.
I meant waiting till time for bed. I wouldn't want to mess with sleeping meds either. Restraining or papoose board should only be used for emergency.

Reactions: 6
I'd guess yes. There was a vlog where they say they used to wrap her in a towel to cut her hair. I know for my kids, getting out splinters or brushing teeth, sometimes I need to restrain them. I know that sounds mean and I dont like it, but we've needed dental surgery and a tooth pulled because my kids could not stand their teeth being brushed. I would love to know Abbie's tooth health. They barely touch her teeth.

Theres these brushes that clean your teeth with light, but I cant imagine that would help with plaque/ tartar.
I had a period of time where I had to put one of mine in scissor lock and sing her favorite song to get her teeth brushed and flossed and she is NT. Happens a lot, just don't give up on it.

Reactions: 9
Seriously... I hate all the food dangling that they do. I think you are talking about a donut incident in the car, but of course, there have been so many incidents like that that it’s hard to keep up. Anyway... the way they do it, I often think about someone dangling drugs in front of an addict or recovering one. After all, she really has a sugar and food addiction.

Also the running that Isaiah and summer do is easily negated by the way they eat. The only thing that would come out of it is that they would at least be able to maintain the weight that they are in right now. And also mental health... being away from the crazy house.
This! Yes, thank you!!! It is an entire household run by food disordered adults beginning with that mother. She’s obsessed with food, she talks about it, plans for it, touches it in the most creepy way I’ve ever seen and then pushes pushes pushes it on everyone around her..she is a feeder except most feeders aren’t morbidly obese themselves. The food obsession and it’s trickledown effects are the dominating content of this vlog. They are kidding themselves if they think it’s anything other than a side show of food related obsession and disorder. Oh and there’s a kid with autism...which is equivalent to saying there happens to be a great magician at the zoo. No one goes there for the magician but he’s nice to see...people go to this page to watch this food 💩 show and occasionally may see something this child may or may not do.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think that could be her medication. Like after a morning dose of my meds can make me sleepy.

Also re the thumbs and high arches or totally flat foot/slapping feet, not to mention loss of muscle mass, especially calves could be something called, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease. Nothing to do with teeth, btw, its the discoverers Last names. I carry that gene. It can be sporadic or inherited. Take a looksee.
I know its from her meds and boredom but they should still not allow her to sleep as often as she does. Keep her busy. Wear her out. Let her get a solid nights sleep but get her up at the same time everyday and follow a schedule. They are relieved when she naps during the day.

Off subject - sorry...I received a call today that my Covid test was negative. 😎

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I had a period of time where I had to put one of mine in scissor lock and sing her favorite song to get her teeth brushed and flossed and she is NT. Happens a lot, just don't give up on it.
Thank you! It is getting better- my eldest sits calmly now for brushing (and he's got a loose tooth, and lost 3 in the last few months!) and I'm really proud of him. My 3yo is starting to improve too- at least, he let's his dad brush so dad is in charge of them now.

Recentlyish Asa was saying that he doesnt like to force abbie with brushing, doesnt want to make it an upsetting event for her. He looked to brandi for confirmation and she was like, well actually, you should be forcing something like that bc it could be a health risk.

I didnt like forcing it either. My eldest would clamp his teeth together really hard. His molar ended up needing to be removed and he wasnt able to eat for a little while. Gum infections arent something to play around with

I meant waiting till time for bed. I wouldn't want to mess with sleeping meds either. Restraining or papoose board should only be used for emergency.
Yup. I was strapped to a Pinel chair for hours when I was a kid and I still have nightmares. I don't support restraints at all and only drug intervention when absolutely necessary if people's safety is at risk.

Reactions: 4
Abby should be swaddled like thay in a towel to get her teeth brushed. What she is doing now is barely even touching them.

Off subject - sorry...I received a call today that my Covid test was negative. 😎
Thats great!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.