Fathering Autism #20. Toe Thumbs & Crooked Pinkies. Hiding Behind Doors to Make a Stinky

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly why I said a papoose board restraint is for emergencies only. Of course they would papoose her for an ER visit, personally I cannot see just because she is limping she needs to go urgent care. It can be dealt with at home.

If you have a patient that needs care but is out of control, the Dr decides on the severity of the illness or injury then choose restraint or sedation.

We had kids come all the time with emergencies from an abscess to broken teeth to knocked out teeth. We are trained to take care of them and I can assure you so are ER personnel. They don't get angry at disabled people in need of care.

All human beings deserve special treatment when they are ill. I am assuming your child was not at ER but rather at a DR's office just for regular shots? Totally different than someone coming into ER. It's just not the same animal. I bet nurses have held Abbie down for shots too at her regular check ups.

We also should not all agree like we are in a brainwashed tattle cult. We are different people with different backgrounds and should be able to disagree without someone getting all butt hurt about it.
I agree. Sometimes it's how things are worded. And that triggers people. I just come here to have some fun!

I was reading an article in Business Insider about MLM's calling them predatory companies using memes and coronavirus anxiety to target millions of newly unemployed Americans. Here's a couple of quotes:

"The companies are so desperate to get people to join now, so they've really amped up their recruitment," Emma Rose told Business Insider. Rose is a former network-sales distributor who now hosts "The Anti-MLM Podcast." She said, "They're counting on the fact people are scared and looking for something to help them. They're all selling promises."

A photo posted on Facebook shows bottles of LimeLife's lemon drop hand sanitizer, along with the caption: "What if I told you I knew where you could get some hand sanitizer- since ya know.. coronavirus and all."

Shame on you Priscilla.
She is taking that exact advantage of people in a desperate time. I hope itall craves in on her. And to top it all off, her and her 'meetings' for God's sake...she's scamming for makeup. Not ending world hunger.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Thanks for the heads up! So far, I've just got a bit of a headache but, I'm not sure if it's related to the meds or not. I checked my bp a little while after taking the meds for the first time and its alot lower than it was yesterday. A little too low to be honest (96/63) but, I'll take low bp over high bp any day. I don't know if low bp can cause headaches just like high bp can or not but, I'm just going to take it easy for the next few days to try and get used to the med change. I hate having temperamental bp. If I do the smallest thing differently my bp shoots thru the roof and I feel horrible! I can tell if I even have the slightest elevation bc it makes me feel bad and my arm gets weak.
Not a prob! 96/63 is a bit low so definitely stick to your plan to take it easy. Your dose may just be a bit high. Low bp can cause headaches and if you start to feel quite dizzy and/or faint, definitely get in to see your doctor ASAP. Take care, my friend - I know it's crappy to be in your thirties (I think you said you were 34?) struggling with blood pressure. I've lost weight, I've come off certain meds, gone on others, changed my diet, etc. and I still struggle with it. At least my bp hasn't skyrocketed or plummeted with being pregnant (so far - fingers crossed!)

High blood pressure is one of my concerns with Abbie. With what she eats (so much salt and fat!), being on Seroquel (and other drugs that might screw around with things), not being very active, etc. - she's definitely a candidate for high bp. Maybe she gets to the doctor more often than they show on the vlog, but I'd be surprised if she was getting regular checkups.

Reactions: 3
I feel like P now..😲. I have a horrible tooth ache, The entire left side of my face, even my throat hurts when swallowing. I called the dentist and he called in Ibeprohen, Amoxicillin, plus Tylenol. I just have to call the office Monday for him to diagnose. I won’t have a hissy fit like P did over her teeth. Soup till Monday...ouch! πŸ₯΄

• Sad
Reactions: 12
If there was any way I could get her into a compression vest or neck brace while trying to fix everything else, I would do that, but you got to pick your battles sometimes.
I have often wondered if she should be in some type of brace, to perhaps prevent further damage to her upper back/neck as she ages. Her hump is only getting worse. I cannot imagine the discomfort she may/will have and no way to explain it to anyone.
:(

#hambeastlogic 🀑
Love this!!! πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

Reactions: 7
I feel like P now..😲. I have a horrible tooth ache, The entire left side of my face, even my throat hurts when swallowing. I called the dentist and he called in Ibeprohen, Amoxicillin, plus Tylenol. I just have to call the office Monday for him to diagnose. I won’t have a hissy fit like P did over her teeth. Soup till Monday...ouch! πŸ₯΄
I hope you feel better and I'm glad they have you on antibiotics and you have some pain meds. Abscessed teeth suck.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have often wondered if she should be in some type of brace, to perhaps prevent further damage to her upper back/neck as she ages. Her hump is only getting worse. I cannot imagine the discomfort she may/will have and no way to explain it to anyone.

Love this!!! πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
I agree about a neck brace 100% Like from whiplash which I am surprised she does not have from years of rocking. They could at least try something like that but don't take it off 15 seconds after she starts whining or yelling about it. I have seen a lot worse contraptions that kids smaller than her have to wear.

Reactions: 7
I'd love to try her out short-term in a SPIO vest to work on her posture, core strength, and basic movement. She already can't dress herself and isn't toilet trained so it wouldn't introduce any potential new complications. Apparently it can actually help with toilet training by making the individual more aware of their body and muscular contractions (honestly, this hasn't been my experience, though). Even if she could only wear it a couple of hours a day, it would give her body a chance to stabilize while (hopefully) going to PT and exercising. They are expensive (you're looking at $330-430 CDN) but if P is doing so well with her make-up crap, it should be within their spending ability. Not a long term answer, of course, but it would be a start and a bit more forgiving than a standard brace.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Screenshot (985).png

:m πŸ–:mπŸ–:mπŸ–:mπŸ–:mπŸ–:mπŸ–:m πŸ– :m πŸ– :m πŸ– :m πŸ– :m πŸ– :m πŸ– :m

Screenshot (983).png

I'd love to try her out short-term in a SPIO vest to work on her posture, core strength, and basic movement. She already can't dress herself and isn't toilet trained so it wouldn't introduce any potential new complications. Apparently it can actually help with toilet training by making the individual more aware of their body and muscular contractions (honestly, this hasn't been my experience, though). Even if she could only wear it a couple of hours a day, it would give her body a chance to stabilize while (hopefully) going to PT and exercising. They are expensive (you're looking at $330-430 CDN) but if P is doing so well with her make-up crap, it should be within their spending ability. Not a long term answer, of course, but it would be a start and a bit more forgiving than a standard brace.
AWESOME advice.

If they listen to anything on this forum....they should pay attention to your suggestion, rather than them pretending all is OK.

If something can be done to help, why not try it. Watching that poor girl walk around makes my neck and back hurt. :cry::cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
She must have had quite the dig fest for her to have that much blood all over her face. Ewwwww.
Notice they just say it was a bloody nose. Theynever say it was because Abbie was picking it. Although we know....
Just think that's kinda funny

We need to make a theme song that goes along with the β€œthe Addams family” tune lmao
That'd be awesome

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
View attachment 121627

:m πŸ–:mπŸ–:mπŸ–:mπŸ–:mπŸ–:mπŸ–:m πŸ– :m πŸ– :m πŸ– :m πŸ– :m πŸ– :m πŸ– :m

View attachment 121628

AWESOME advice.

If they listen to anything on this forum....they should pay attention to your suggestion, rather than them pretending all is OK.

If something can be done to help, why not try it. Watching that poor girl walk around makes my neck and back hurt. :cry::cry:
And we won't even say "I told you so!"

Notice they just say it was a bloody nose. Theynever say it was because Abbie was picking it. Although we know....

That'd be awesome

That'd be awesome
🎢🎢🎢🎢They're liars and they're cheaters
And big fat overeaters
And nasty attention seekers
The Maass squad family.🎢🎢🎢
To the Addams Family tune!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
About the stimming.
Some people say dont stop them unless they are dangerous.
But what about if they want to be able to go out in public, be it to a restaurant or wherever, and you just have to have acceptable behavior?
I know that if I were out to dinner and Abbie was next to me yelling and grunting and excessively flapping....my night would be affected and I would not be happy.

Same with Abbie's explosion on the cruise. If I had been there and had been part if that activity, I would be so grossed out and so angry..

Now I know she cant help herself, but again it comes down to parenting. She must be taught better and in certain situations stinks should not be allowed..or she just should not be allowed to go there.
As for the cruise ship blow-out, I personally dont think A&P had any business taking her to that activity.
I'm not saying this to be cruel or unfeeling. It's just reality.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.