Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jadedandcaffeinated

I believe that is a private driveway where they drop and pick up Abbie from. If that was the case, as a teacher or teacher’s aid, I would kindly request no video taping or electronic usage allowed in drop off or pick up areas, for the safety and security of the school, students and employees..
Can you imagine the passive aggressive rant he would give on the vlog if they did that? His FAVORITE thing to do is "call people out" and pretend he's not bothered and taking the higher road whenever anyone doesn't want to pat his ass and kiss his feet.

I guarantee you the Maass family comes up in every staff meeting and they're all like "WTF do we do with him???"

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Hotographer512

VIP Member
Probably because they know she can't actually communicate with it. They would be hearing pretzels, bathroom,lentils, nature valley granola.. all day long. It seems like she just presses buttons to see what she can get.
True. There's that too.
Could be their exact reason for not letting her have access to a device.
Yet...they have these delusions of Abbie living independently.
They need to "give up the goat" on that cuz it will never ever happen as IDD as she is. (Btw, It's give up the GHOST, dumbass).
To deny her access to her device because it bothers them ain't the way to achieve independence and it isn't good Autism parenting, IMO.

• Heart

Sam-I-Am

Chatty Member
And after all that chaos and BS with A&P not letting Brandi do her job, A says "If you're ABA therapy doesn't look like this, you should be concerned."
I would be concerned if my child’s therapist allowed me to talk all over her and our visits looked like that, personally.. I first would never be taping their visits, interrupting the therapist all the time, nor acting the way they do..

uncannyvalley

Whoa, did anyone notice around 2:54 in the latest video, when P says "you can do it," Abbie says "no"? I've always believed she's 100% nonverbal, but I've heard her say something that approximates "no" enough times to wonder about it.

She says something like that again around 9:39. Do you guys think she's just vocalizing or she actually knows the word "no"? If so, it's the only word I've ever heard her say.

• Wow

Noir Fan

VIP Member
Yesterday they talked about going to Playlist Live. I don't even know why they would subject Abbie to a place like this.

"Playlist Live Orlando

Playlist Live is a three-day festival, concert and conference rolled into one. It’s the place where creators, their biggest supporters, professionals and brands come together to celebrate online video, social media and the communities around them.

Playlist Live consists of a variety of music performances, panels, meet & greets, Q&As, workshops, premieres, brand activations, games, pool parties, fireworks and more."

Why can't Asa just take Summer and Becca........his little content creators. Abbie will have no idea what shes doing there.

Another example of why Asa and even Priscilla need to grow up. Look at the event, it is mostly young adults and teens attending.
Playlist Live was a disaster last year when they took Abbie there and Isaiah was in charge of her.

LUZZb

I have insuffiecient permission to create a new thread, but if someone with rights wants to the winner is: Fathering Autism #3 - 3 Kids, 2 Daily Dunkins, 1 Huge Exploitation

• Heart

jadedandcaffeinated

This is off topic but I want to rant about how rude and inconsiderate it is for them to do "meet ups" in random retail shops. I feel SO bad for the employees. They probably drive away business, make a mess, and I'm sure most people don't buy anything. Go to a park or somewhere that there's actually space and you're not making some poor minimum wage employee's day a living nightmare. I wonder how they would have felt if a group randomly met up for a meet-up and their old shop with no warning.

Sam-I-Am

Chatty Member
Yeah they still have that poor dog. They have taken him on a few walks recently. He suffers from itchy skin and has to wear a cone. It's very sad. I don't know who is sadder, Maverick or Abbie.
PS they got a cat.
Yes, I get sick of every time that I know a non-profit spent 2 years training Maverick to be a service dog for them and Abbie should have never qualified for more than a search/scent dog... Abbie never could have cared for or taken care of Maverick. She still can't do so, even though they have tried.. Sure, she will "walk" him but he loves squirrels and will pull away to go chase one.. All that training, gone.. If you don't know, the lowest price of a service dog is around $20k and they can go all the way up to $50k...
Also, yes, I feel so sorry for Maverick. They need to change his food to a higher quality/better food but you know that will never happen...

• Heart
Asa has addressed it in previous videos. He says that he's not as concerned about Abbie being late to school because it's not like she's going to a regular school learning math & science where it would be a bigger deal if she got behind because of being late. At JSA, they're teaching her life skills which he feels he's partly already doing at home by helping her brush her teeth etc and get ready to go. So basically, he feels she isn't really missing anything at school if she's late. He also made it seem like the teachers are not bothered by it (but that could be BS for all we know).
So school is a babysitter? Got it.

• Heart

Monkey1651

VIP Member
They probably feed the dog awful food. Not to mention his type of hair should not be cut like they continue to get him shaved. That’s probably contributing to his itchy skin. Maybe invest in a good dog food, see the vet to look into allergies, maybe they should make sure he doesn’t have fleas, brush him regularly, give him an appropriate bath without scented products, etc. there’s a million things to do before subjecting a dog to a cone because they are itchy, but no they are too damn lazy and they just don’t care.

As far as him being a service dog, they basically have said all they did was tether him to Abby so she couldn’t run away. That’s sooo unsafe for both her and the dog.

• Heart

KateK

VIP Member
Can you imagine the passive aggressive rant he would give on the vlog if they did that? His FAVORITE thing to do is "call people out" and pretend he's not bothered and taking the higher road whenever anyone doesn't want to pat his ass and kiss his feet.

I guarantee you the Maass family comes up in every staff meeting and they're all like "WTF do we do with him???"
I wonder what JSA really feels about the Maass's and Abbie's progress. Asa was bragging about how well she is doing and all the accomplishments.. is that really how it went? It could be that JSA wants to continue with the $$$ coming from the Maass's so they will kiss their A**ss and tell them anything.

I wonder if JSA would prefer to highlight a student who is actually showing real progress? Do they worry that their blogging can affect them in a negative way?

uncannyvalley

Seeing Abbie flail on the couch at 7:52 disturbs me. It's hard to watch.

I agree Asa has been uptight lately. I think putting all his eggs in the YouTuber basket has taken its toll. There's a lot more pressure now to vlog constantly, think about branding, carefully monitor what goes on in the videos, and keep the family and hangers-on in line. I also think it's because Abbie has been acting out more and more. It's obvious she's not getting better. She's not learning more. She will never be remotely independent!

Baymaus

Chatty Member
There are some things I can no longer eat. Like cereal, pretzels, nature valley bars, etc. This is a good thing since I have reached the magic age where I gain weight by just looking at food. That and IT people are sedentary creatures. Since I've started cutting carbs because I hear that iPad voice, I've lost ten pounds and counting. So Asa, can you add "cheese," "bread," chocolate," "white rice" and "pasta" to the iPad? I want to get back in to my size 10s.

I guess they all have to get all that Autism Awareness in tonight with P’s TicTok video...
Notice, Abbie is circled in red..

I am so glad to see all the Autism Awareness happening..
So. much. awareness.

• Haha

FaLaLaLaNahLer

Chatty Member
She moans something that might sound like no & they admit that it’s a strong sound that would fit in placement of NO, but they refuse to say it’s her saying no. Makes NO sense. Teach her to say NO. Hold munchkin donuts as a reward. They don’t work w/ her to exercise her mouth to be able to speak. It’s really sad. Hope she gets extensive speech therapy at school, but if she did, I’d think they’d talk about it. Their biggest pet peeve is ppl saying Abbie said a word. Maybe if someone comments that Abbie asked where her step sister is they’d respond.

• Haha

Morningstar

I don't think they would want to acknowledge Abby saying "No." That would expose the fact that they make her do things she doesn't want to do. They would lose their ability to treat her like performing trained entertainment. I absolutely cringe when they tell her to do something in front of people like we would show off a trained animal. Especially making her hug strangers and pose for pictures. She looks miserable. In a recent video Asa is talking to Summer and Becca about Abby right in front of her. She then moved to the corner of the couch away from them and starts rocking in what looks like anger. At one point I thought I heard her say "No." In an appropriate place of the conversation going on. I thought as I watched, "If she understands they just betrayed her and hurt her feelings which is likely why she had that reaction. Poor girl can't even trust who she thought were her friends. Summer makes fun of her, imitates her and laughs at her all the time. Nothing like paying someone and rooming them to make fun of your disabled daughter. Nanny was Abby's only real friend and you see what happened to her. Just wish she would open up to the right person and tell all. It was pitiful watching Abby go from sitting beside her friends smiling to moving away from them to her corner alone..as always.😢

• Heart

Whatsupwiththat

VIP Member
Priscilla just looks spent in this last vlog. Certainly shows she is not used to dealing with Abby. Does seem like Asa is the one that has stepped up thru the years to handle her. Seems like the skeletons that came out of the closet in regards to Asa’s other child stirred things up for P again. I’m guessing why she ranted so much in this vlog. Guaranteed if Asa was out of the picture Abby would be placed in a facility as P could not handle her.

• Haha

Baymaus

Chatty Member
The whole Holland thing is just bullshit. The idea that you planned to go one place and got detoured but hey, here is just as good. Um. No. I'm too cynical for that.
I am not a parent of a disabled child and that is important to my take on things. I'm a sibling and much younger. So I've never known life without autism in my family. I was along for the ride on a lot of things that maybe I shouldn't have been. I was the first to even get close to the issue when I was 10. My brother was in a group home and it just wasn't working. The other residents were intellectually delayed, but nice. My brother is highly intelligent, but not pleasant to be around. So my Mom was talking to a social worker about it and why it wasn't a good fit. They were going back and forth about why. Finally I'd had enough and said that my brother was the smartest person I knew but he was a social r------. I was ten and didn't have any other way to put it. All of a sudden the social worker was asking me to clarify and that was the start of people asking me for input about my brother.
It made me a little adult. It changed my life in so many ways. Later I read about the siblings of disabled kids and saw so much of myself. I never wanted children. I love kids, but I saw other people in the family who were like my brother and figured it must be genetic. It just seemed like a bad plan to play the genetic lottery.
The experience probably made me a more empathetic person. I can definitely relate to people who've dealt with loss. It gave me a great sense of humor. I can find the humor in almost anything. I like to think it gave me more wisdom than I would have had. But I'm not "grateful" for any of it. It was hard and watching my mother struggle was hard. I was a child and I saw and understood but had little power to change things. As I got older, I was better at coping and helping. And in the end I left for college and left mother alone to deal with it. It was the best thing I ever did for myself and the worst thing I ever did for her.
It is still hard. But I have my husband and I've learned that while the problem doesn't go away and doesn't get smaller, I've gotten bigger and more skilled at dealing with it.
All that to explain why "Holland" wasn't a nice detour......

• Heart

lovesis

VIP Member
holy cow I am so curious about this, like where does the kid fit? I found the mom's name but didn't get beyond that, it's interesting as they love to brag how he knocked her up young so he stepped up and married her like the morally strong man he is. *vomit*
I’m guessing it was a one night stand or a very short relationship. I guess it really is irrelevant to all of this.

I was looking up info on Asa and Priscilla and came across it and was 😲 so I posted it here.

I thought this was a place we could openly discuss this family.

As I said before if it was left field, I understand that.

Back to regularly scheduled programming. :)

Last edited:
  • Heart