Fathering Autism #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont think Abbie will ever be able to do chores on her own... or if she does it will require more effort then not having her help. Of course P and A could be delusional about it tho..and maybe they do have that in mind.
Oh they're delusional about it allright.
They are delusional about everything!!
IMO.
Of course she will never be able to do ANYTHING on her own, but as long as therapists and special schools can make money pretending to teach her, who cares?
IMO

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Did we get to see Prilly's plate? I thought there was a quick view...but some kinda switcheroo with Isaiah. Anyone else see that?
🐷 had a plate in front of her.

Isaiah (or was that Summer?) had one as well.

There was a plate in between 🐷 and Isaiah.

Abbie had no plate, only a pop.

When ASSa brought in his plate with two huge sloppy joe's on it, (assuming it was his?) 🐷 switched her plate with the one between her and Isaiah.

So, in the end, I'm not sure who got what plate, but the one between 🐷 and Isiah had one open-faced sloppy joe on it along with fries.
Screenshot (893).png
Screenshot (895).png

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Question!
They were talking about Abbie "crying".
But has anyone ever seen her cry? With actual tears?
I'm seriously wondering if she's capable of that emotion where it would bring her to tears.
I thought I heard them say at one time she doesn't feel pain. I can't imagine the force she had to bust that sheetrock with her back. It had to have hurt.

Exactly. Pisses me off when they talk about a tantrum being a “meltdown.” Shut up! They did create a monster... and have no idea to control her at this point. The way the where washing her face after the dirt eating incident yesterday was weird af. Ok I’m no stranger to and have no problems washing my torso (on my own) using a hose after ... I guess , beach activity. But they literally were washing her as though she’s a dog. They couldn’t even take her in the house to do it ... guess she is that much of an animal? Talking like I see it- don’t come at me for this ! My lord.
Or they could have avoided all of it by either stopping her the minute it went to her mouth and removing her from that activity. If you watch the video it wasn't an isolated incident she kept doing it and Asa kept laughing.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
🐷 had a plate in front of her.

Isaiah (or was that Summer?) had one as well.

There was a plate in between 🐷 and Isaiah.

Abbie had no plate, only a pop.

When ASSa brought in his plate with two huge sloppy joe's on it, (assuming it was his?) 🐷 switched her plate with the one between her and Isaiah.

So, in the end, I'm not sure who got what plate, but the one between 🐷 and Isiah had one open-faced sloppy joe on it along with fries.View attachment 116811View attachment 116812
What do this family have against vegetables!?
And what else is on his plate. Looks like curly fries or onion rings!?

• Haha
  • Heart
Notice Sandy has a puzzle piece collar? the autism advertising never stops.

Wonder if Sandy is full golden retriever.. seems like they usually have more hair.
Baby Golden Retrievers look very odd, but they grow up looking like they should, looks like she will be what I call a southern Golden and have a lot more reddish brown in her. We raised a few litters.

Reactions: 6
Can someone explain this positive reinforcement please.
Positive reinforcement is where a child wants/needs something, behaves in a certain way that they know will get them the thing, and are then given the thing. I feel it's necessary but it must be used correctly in order to benefit the child. So for example, when Abbie wants candy, she asks for it, and it's almost always given to her. Or she wants attention, throws a tantrum, and is given attention.

What they should be doing, first and foremost, is paying attention to her cues to anticipate her needs. So instead of responding to a tantrum with candy, try to discover what's setting her off, find a distraction (sensory toy, etc.), and so on. This automatically respects the kiddo more than just punishment or a blanket "reward" - you're actively trying to understand where they're coming from.

Now a beneficial example of positive reinforcement might be my daughter wanting a new toy, us agreeing if she earns x number of stars on her chore chart, and then getting her the toy and giving her praise for completing her tasks. This isn't us automatically giving in or turning her down - it's just reinforcing that when you want new things you have to work a bit. Now you could set this up as a regular thing if you're able or just allow it once and a while - either way make sure you're still giving praise.

Again, keep in mind my daughter has a much older adjusted age than Abbie. I would definitely need to heavy duty brainstorm to come up with a workable plan for her. But I do think it's doable, just not for the lazy ass Maass family.

• Heart
Quick question: does anyone know if they have tried ASMR with Abbie? She loves music so it's obvious that she craves auditory stimulation. I would think ASMR would just be so much more soothing (but still stimulating) than hip hop.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Positive reinforcement is where a child wants/needs something, behaves in a certain way that they know will get them the thing, and are then given the thing. I feel it's necessary but it must be used correctly in order to benefit the child. So for example, when Abbie wants candy, she asks for it, and it's almost always given to her. Or she wants attention, throws a tantrum, and is given attention.

What they should be doing, first and foremost, is paying attention to her cues to anticipate her needs. So instead of responding to a tantrum with candy, try to discover what's setting her off, find a distraction (sensory toy, etc.), and so on. This automatically respects the kiddo more than just punishment or a blanket "reward" - you're actively trying to understand where they're coming from.

Now a beneficial example of positive reinforcement might be my daughter wanting a new toy, us agreeing if she earns x number of stars on her chore chart, and then getting her the toy and giving her praise for completing her tasks. This isn't us automatically giving in or turning her down - it's just reinforcing that when you want new things you have to work a bit. Now you could set this up as a regular thing if you're able or just allow it once and a while - either way make sure you're still giving praise.

Again, keep in mind my daughter has a much older adjusted age than Abbie. I would definitely need to heavy duty brainstorm to come up with a workable plan for her. But I do think it's doable, just not for the lazy ass Maass family.
Well said. Problem with Abbie being that she doesn't have the mental acuity to comprehend anything other than instant gratification.

Well I have been blocked and my comments deleted by Asa. I am apparently not a good human being for suggesting that a little discipline might be a good idea.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Take a look at this clip from 11:34. Summer looks at Asa while he stirs the sloppy joe crap, looks at Cilla, back to Asa, sees Cilla look at her quickly takes her eyes off Asa and then immediately back to Asa when Cilla turns. Weird. It's like she looks at him with adoration.

What a bleeping pig "you don't even know what i'm asking you to do so" duck you asa. She is right there. Even if it is true. duck him

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Quick question: does anyone know if they have tried ASMR with Abbie? She loves music so it's obvious that she craves auditory stimulation. I would think ASMR would just be so much more soothing (but still stimulating) than hip hop.
There was one VLOG where Assss mentioned using her fish bubbles as ASMR,,, trying to figure out more ways to make coin from her. The fish bubbles are like nails on the chalk board for me.... he had them at the end of today's blog and I had to turn it off.

I can't imagine her getting into ASMR..but who knows...she seems to like loud chaos.

Reactions: 7
remember when they got Abbie off the cinnamon toast crunch because it was too sugary? And now they've got a family sized captain crunch she is clearly familiar with? lol

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Someone on here predicted most, if not all of the vlog. I just can't believe the way this family eats. Maybe I'm beyond nieve in thinking that people try to eat healthy with at least a few meals a week. Just the fact that they have a daughter that will need 24/7 care and P went to such drastic measures to lose weight...why would they not at least try?!? I'm shocked she didn't get a nutritionist for herself and Abbie. Abbie already has a lot going against her with low muscle tone, so adding weight to low muscle tone will be horrible for her Also, why not get a personal trainer? Cut out the Dunkin and use the new money for a better, healthy lifestyle. They're gonna kick the bucket (P looks like she is in her mid 40's already) early and Isaiah is going to feel responsible for taking care of Abbie.

Reactions: 17

So they are rewarding her for throwing a tantrum ?

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Annnd,,,there's the reward for doing work. And that was after one for breakfast and later in the afternoon after a drive to Dunkin's, when you shook your head no that you didn't want a donut well, you get a donut! Good job!

reward.jpg

donut.jpg

So they are rewarding her for throwing a tantrum ?
Yep.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
remember when they got Abbie off the cinnamon toast crunch because it was too sugary? And now they've got a family sized captain crunch she is clearly familiar with? lol
Thats what I don't get. They say she will eat anything they put in front of her. So how about Special K or plain Cheerios. Or some other healthier cereal. There are so many choices these days. And if she says no....ok. Then go sit in the corner and rock your ass off. Don't ask her. Just put it in in a bowl with a banana and call it a day. They are so afraid of her pitching a fit its ridiculous.And she KNOWS that! How stupid are these peopleZ?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.