Fathering Autism #13 Planting flowers, drinking for hours, chalk art, and prom with mom.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If they wanted to do this for Isiah then it should have been for isiaha and kept private. Things are tougher every day for thousands upon thousand of people. Flaunting what you buy at a grocery store,on Amazon,etc is pretty heartless and selfish.
Maybe,just maybe they should think about going to DD,buying all of what they have in stock and sending it the local hospital in their area. Am sure the medical staff would appreciate it at this time! Oh,and don’t post it,brag on it.
Many people right now who have lost incomes have been stepping up and giving back in any way they can to help others. They aren’t posting it all over the place. Many have had to ,et all sorts of events go by due to illness,or even deaths. I have no bones about them have a small little party as they did,let’s face it,it was for all the wrong reasons.

Things are about to get even scarier ou there sadly. Let’s see how they actually stay in. Of course,as I have said,the Governors of some states have no backbone to do the right thing and close things down,so fools will continue to go out.
(It’s been a bad day for me....sorry if my rants are taking up the forum)😥

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
She definitely will never work. How could she when she was asked over and over to get the ball that fell in the pool and didn’t respond at all. I’m sorry but it is just delusional for them to keep suggesting she will function in some capacity working. She has to be prompted on everything and even then doesn’t always respond correctly. Its very sad but the reality is they are dealing with an infant in a 15 yo body.
As a job coach working at a vocational site you are right on the money. She would need one to one and staff would spend lots of time prompting her and eventually giving up and doing it for her. Sad to say but even the easiest in-house contact work our folks do would be to difficult for her. She would ruin the materials. She definitely would not be a good fit. She has potential. Practicing opening and closing bags and boxes is a good thing but right now she is to unpredictable and wild to sit and work.

Reactions: 18
If they wanted to do this for Isiah then it should have been for isiaha and kept private. Things are tougher every day for thousands upon thousand of people. Flaunting what you buy at a grocery store,on Amazon,etc is pretty heartless and selfish.
Maybe,just maybe they should think about going to DD,buying all of what they have in stock and sending it the local hospital in their area. Am sure the medical staff would appreciate it at this time! Oh,and don’t post it,brag on it.
Many people right now who have lost incomes have been stepping up and giving back in any way they can to help others. They aren’t posting it all over the place. Many have had to ,et all sorts of events go by due to illness,or even deaths. I have no bones about them have a small little party as they did,let’s face it,it was for all the wrong reasons.

Things are about to get even scarier ou there sadly. Let’s see how they actually stay in. Of course,as I have said,the Governors of some states have no backbone to do the right thing and close things down,so fools will continue to go out.
It is so scary. Am I mean to say that I am glad my breast cancer diagnosis was a year ago and not this year? I was lucky I could get my surgery and treatments when I did. I feel so sorry for those who are going through the same thing this year. It just sucks for all of us. Stay safe all of you dear fellow forum members.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Such generosity would never cross their minds. Even their crap filled "blessing bags" are posted for praise. They probably arent even tipping those DD workers who are stuck handling P's germ/snot covered money or debit card.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
He said he didn't want her to have a job like other special needs people (not sure of the exact wording he used), just to keep her busy. He wanted her work to be valuable to whatever company she will potentially work for. That's what I mean about Asa being unrealistic about Abbie's future. As of right now, they would have to hire someone to stand by her and heavily prompt every thing she does. Nothing wrong with a job that would keep her busy, if it was something she enjoyed. Imagine being Abbie and having people standing around you forcing you to do trigonometry (or something you would find impossible, I just hate math), when you don't have the interest or ability. Could be part of why she acts out, she's frustrated.
What an arse. I have seen kids w autism,Downs Syndrome,etc who work as baggers,as carriage collectors,etc. They love it. These are kids who never would have employed years ago. No,they will never be able to make ends meet in the outside world,but they have the happiness and joy of knowing they are doing something.
No,not every one w challenges will be able to work. But to think that your child who has severe autism,w IDD,is going to get a job to begin with is beyond belief.
Abbie was never given the full spectrum of what she could have learnt. Parents wanted the system to do it for them. They didn’t get that it takes all of them,7 days a week,hours upon hours to do that. Maybe she couldn’t be taught to speak,but she could have learned ASL to communicate better. She could have been given rules to follow w consequences to avoid what they all think is so cute.

Let’s all face it.. Asa is a lazy SOB. He found his niche w Abbie. he has exploited his daughter to line his pockets and feed his ego. He also took away his only sons peace of mind throughout the years by all the demands placed on him. He has taught his son its okay to exploit people to make a buck.

No,he actually doesn’t want Abbie to ever go beyond where she is. It would mean the cuteness factor would be gone. It would mean he would have to man up and get a job. It would mean that both of them would have to face reality and that scares both of them more than any diagnosis of Abbies ever could have.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
My state is SC. One of the few left without a stay-at-home order. But I honestly don't know what the difference is in that and what we have. All restaurants, bars, theaters, entertainment, the beaches, the hotels, the rental properties, and even specifically clothing stores and hair salons have all been ordered closed. In addition, our governor has given the police the right to give citations to any group of 3 or more who are out together. I think it's all semantics.

Reactions: 11
As a job coach working at a vocational site you are right on the money. She would need one to one and staff would spend lots of time prompting her and eventually giving up and doing it for her. Sad to say but even the easiest in-house contact work our folks do would be to difficult for her. She would ruin the materials. She definitely would not be a good fit. She has potential. Practicing opening and closing bags and boxes is a good thing but right now she is to unpredictable and wild to sit and work.
Exactly! She is also at the age (at least in my state) that they start evaluating for VR (vocational rehabilitation) services. In my state, there is no one-on-one services for special needs individuals. If they need that much, they are considered unemployable by VR and given no other resources and disqualified from VR service programs.. JSA should have a VR case worker coming in to evaluate students like her, so the state can start setting aside funds, for when the child turns 18 years old, they can provide training/jobs. Sometimes it is just them starting to line up jobs.. These evaluations start at age 14-16 and by 18 years old, they like to see all individuals in either VR programs or jobs..

Personally, I know what an unemployable child is like, when deemed that way from the state. The day that letter came in for my oldest daughter, I cried. She isn’t disabled due to her Autism but due to medical conditions that she can not control... She was just deemed at 16 years old, never to be employable by our state... That is a huge pill to swallow...

Unlike Abbie, my daughter will find something to do from home or in a home setting. We are still enforcing that on her.. I don’t care what it is, she will need to have skills and be able to carry a job..

A&P need to wake up though because it would be so great for Ab to have some type of job but one she enjoys, even if they don’t think it makes a contribution to society. Trust me, just some of these young adults that do work in retail environments, telling people to have a great day, is just what sometimes our society needs..

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
I think they both have putN on 10 pounds and added 10 years dealing with her. Imagine if they didn't have Thummer and Isaiah to pawn her off to. I bet Isaiah is editing alir of Summers interaction with Absent out to make it look like they do it all. Oh and Pilla? Nice job holding the bubble wand for her in yesterdays vlog. Don't know what Absent would do without you.
I meant Asshat is editing alot of Thummers interaction with Absent out.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
He said he didn't want her to have a job like other special needs people (not sure of the exact wording he used), just to keep her busy. He wanted her work to be valuable to whatever company she will potentially work for. That's what I mean about Asa being unrealistic about Abbie's future. As of right now, they would have to hire someone to stand by her and heavily prompt every thing she does. Nothing wrong with a job that would keep her busy, if it was something she enjoyed. Imagine being Abbie and having people standing around you forcing you to do trigonometry (or something you would find impossible, I just hate math), when you don't have the interest or ability. Could be part of why she acts out, she's frustrated.
She will never have a job she doesn't even go to the bathroom on her own.

Reactions: 13
She won’t be happy about it, but I can picture her gathering coupons to send out or stuffing mailers one day....but it’ll likely be from JSA. Doubt she’d be shuttled somewhere.

My state is SC. One of the few left without a stay-at-home order. But I honestly don't know what the difference is in that and what we have. All restaurants, bars, theaters, entertainment, the beaches, the hotels, the rental properties, and even specifically clothing stores and hair salons have all been ordered closed. In addition, our governor has given the police the right to give citations to any group of 3 or more who are out together. I think it's all semantics.
Its the same...every state just seems to have a different term for it: Shelter in Place, Social Distancing, Stay at Home Order, etc.

Ok, did she have lap band surgery? How dangerous is it to gain weight after that? If she had her stomach stapled something would have give by now, right?
I'm not sure which surgery she got but they all are very risky if you regain weight. They leave you with a stomach that cannot comfortably hold more than 4 to 6 ounces of food after a year. If you eat more, sometimes you throw up or diarrhea. She is eating way more as anyone can see. It can lead to some pretty serious problems. She should only be eating clean protein, some fruits and veggies. No red meat. Chicken and fish is ok. No carbs and very little fat.

Damn it, I could have added a line in my poem about a camel toe!
Lololol.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

The orange thing that wears a red hat moved from NY to Florida about 6 months ago, NY mayor is pleading for more medical equipment but orange thingy said stop depleting the govt’s surplus, and go get your own! If the maad squad were at dd’s last night then Florida hasn’t completely shut down like the rest of the world, so maybe orange thingy is saving all the govts emergency stores for him and all the seniors, and the maaaadddd squad when they start dropping like flies.

• Sick
  • Sad
It is so scary. Am I mean to say that I am glad my breast cancer diagnosis was a year ago and not this year? I was lucky I could get my surgery and treatments when I did. I feel so sorry for those who are going through the same thing this year. It just sucks for all of us. Stay safe all of you dear fellow forum members.
A friend of mine had her radiation put off by 3 weeks and now they decided to start tomorrow. She is in a hotspot in NJ so we're all terrified for her...see piggy, some things are worse than being restricted to 2 packs of cheese

• Sad
  • Sick
That cart looks like a Flintstone car, so I guess when in Rome...lol
One of these days Princess is going to jump out of that cart when they are speeding down the highway. He always says she has no sense of danger and would cross the street in front of a moving car. What to stop her from jumping out. Todays vlog she was alone in the back seat. Big mistake.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.