Fathering Autism #128 The Hambeasts Feast as Leaf Springs Break. How much more can that camper take?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I think upsets me most about FA, like alot of you, is the missed opportunities…
Things like
Lack of intellectual challenges. Sitting in Chipotle for an hour without a tantrum or meltdown is NOT considered a “challenge”. It can certainly be a “win”, I can def understand being proud of her.. it can be an emotional challenge.. but does nothing for her intellect. The fact that they consider her “winning” in life is when in reality all she is winning at is being quiet. “she shopped with us the WHOLE TIME” “she went on a walk!” “She ate at chipotle!”

we NEVER see her intellectually challenged. And it really shows what Asa and Cilla consider a good life. And that’s spending tons of money, expensive experiences, shopping and cooking mush… it’s no wonder they don’t care if abbie gets an education cause they never cared about getting one themselves… that’s not what they take “pride” in.

Laziness is a huge factor and we’re always talking about that.. but look into each of them, and imagine what each of them consider “important in life” for themselves… education is def not in the top 5 for either of them. Parents naturally pass on these things to their children.. and since abbie‘s ID is so severe, she will never get to create her own persona , she will always be molded after her parents.

Then you got..
Lack of follow through
Lack of awareness or care of danger (Look how hard of a time she’s having walking barefoot)
Lack of communication working
Lack of overall parenting and discipline.
Discipline is funny to see Asa respond to.. cause he acts like the haters want him to spank her or scream at her…None of us want that. But maybe, next time she steals food off of a strangers plate, instead of laughing about it on the vlog, teach her that it is wrong with some kind of structured discipline. Discipline doesn’t automatically mean abuse.
OMG YES!! I swear some parents of autistic kids don’t comprehend discipline,they always wanna jump the gun and assume you’re telling them to BEAT their kids!,not at all! But they’re not stupid,as Asa has said NUMEROUS times! She knows good and well what she’s doing when she tantrums and destroys things and something SHOULD be done about it!, a bratty spoiled kid isn’t cute and bad behaviour shouldn’t be ignored and laughed at!,in doing that it tells her she can tantrum to get whatever she wants!

Yes she has autism and ID, she’s basically a 2 year old, but what parents let their two year old CONSTANTLY take other peoples things? And laugh about it? I get the feeling they don’t know how to discipline her, but have they actually ever tried and kept it up? Of course the first time she gets in trouble, she’s not going to understand.. but if you give her the same “punishment” the next time she steals food, she WILL put two and two together “Oh, I have to go to the car/my room.. do a chore I hate (or whatever), every time I steal food…”
So next time she has the urge, she’ll remember how much it sucked after”

Again, I can imagine, discipline is extremely difficult with someone like Abbie, and… it might even be too late now.. but they are really showing their Florida Red Neck side with the “Yeah.. discipline never worked, even tho we never tried consistency… so… whatever..she’s a princess ..”

** I love Florida btw.. no offense to anyone from Florida, hehe.. im from Maine and can safely say it’s full of hics 😜😜😅😅

“Hello everyone, I’m a Sagittarius….View attachment 1415030

My BF is a Sag too

speaking of him,
He’s been watching them this past month. You know how we always have a good laugh between the anger? Well he is just anger. He despises them and just sees a kid with ID being exploited …

Lol, I was watching yesterdays vlog on the tablet and he heard pig cooking .. she was like “
“I’m cooking chicken….”
He’s like “oh, that could be healthy…”

…”nachos”

“Jesus Christ! Didn’t I just watch her devour a sack of nachos just the other day!?”

Reactions: 5
What I think upsets me most about FA, like alot of you, is the missed opportunities…
Things like
Lack of intellectual challenges. Sitting in Chipotle for an hour without a tantrum or meltdown is NOT considered a “challenge”. It can certainly be a “win”, I can def understand being proud of her.. it can be an emotional challenge.. but does nothing for her intellect. The fact that they consider her “winning” in life is when in reality all she is winning at is being quiet. “she shopped with us the WHOLE TIME” “she went on a walk!” “She ate at chipotle!”

we NEVER see her intellectually challenged. And it really shows what Asa and Cilla consider a good life. And that’s spending tons of money, expensive experiences, shopping and cooking mush… it’s no wonder they don’t care if abbie gets an education cause they never cared about getting one themselves… that’s not what they take “pride” in.

Laziness is a huge factor and we’re always talking about that.. but look into each of them, and imagine what each of them consider “important in life” for themselves… education is def not in the top 5 for either of them. Parents naturally pass on these things to their children.. and since abbie‘s ID is so severe, she will never get to create her own persona , she will always be molded after her parents.

Then you got..
Lack of follow through
Lack of awareness or care of danger (Look how hard of a time she’s having walking barefoot)
Lack of communication working
Lack of overall parenting and discipline.

Discipline is funny to see Asa respond to.. cause he acts like the haters want him to spank her or scream at her…None of us want that. But maybe, next time she steals food off of a strangers plate, instead of laughing about it on the vlog, teach her that it is wrong with some kind of structured discipline. Discipline doesn’t automatically mean abuse.

Yes she has autism and ID, she’s basically a 2 year old, but what parents let their two year old CONSTANTLY take other peoples things? And laugh about it? I get the feeling they don’t know how to discipline her, but have they actually ever tried and kept it up? Of course the first time she gets in trouble, she’s not going to understand.. but if you give her the same “punishment” the next time she steals food, she WILL put two and two together “Oh, I have to go to the car/my room.. do a chore I hate (or whatever), every time I steal food…”
So next time she has the urge, she’ll remember how much it sucked after”

Again, I can imagine, discipline is extremely difficult with someone like Abbie, and… it might even be too late now.. but they are really showing their Florida Red Neck side with the “Yeah.. discipline never worked, even tho we never tried consistency… so… whatever..she’s a princess ..”

** I love Florida btw.. no offense to anyone from Florida, hehe.. im from Maine and can safely say it’s full of hics 😜😜😅😅
Kennebunk, Maine checking in. Not a hick ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Wifey is a Leo. we are such polar opposites. Not sure how we’ve lasted 14 years

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
To be fair, I think emotional challenges can be just as difficult and meaningful as intellectual challenges. Your moods and emotions are a significant part of who you are. I do get what you're saying, tho. I feel that when A&P use the term challenging, most of the time they actually mean challenging for THEM. They play a type of russian roulette to see if she'll make it through without a tantrum or meltdown and consider it challenging for themselves in dealing with that. As you said, they consider it a win when she's quiet and compliant.

The laziness is most definitely a huge factor. In order for Abbie to be intellectually challenged, in any meaningful capacity, that would mean that A&P would have to sit down with Abbie, really focus on her, give her their undivided attention (for P, not being glued to her goddamn phone), and spending the time that it takes. All of that is just way too much work and way too much bother in their minds. They just do the bare minimum and consider that good enough.

Also, in Asshat's case, with being such a major control freak, I think he often loses his patience with Abbie very quickly because she doesn't do things the "right" way and within 5 - 10 seconds of him telling her what to do. I think he avoids anything that requires patience because being patient is extremely difficult for him and he knows he's just going to get pissed off.

For P, it's her lack of a maternal/parental bond and all of her hang-ups and issues with Abbie. P wants to be able to do the typical teenage princess girly girl things and she can't do those with Abbie which "hurts her Mama heart". :rolleyes:

He'll either go the super dramatic route or he'll say that (neuro)typical discipline doesn't work on Abbie. But then his solution appears to be just do nothing at all...?
I believe she can be disciplined but it would have to be modified. One aspect I can think of off the top of my head is that because Abbie thinks very much in the present, very much in the here and now, it would be most effective to tell her no, to give her consequences either as it's happening (if you catch her in the act or she does it in front of you) or immediately after. I remember a while back, there was a vlog where they took the golf cart out to go get some food and while they were in the restaurant, Abbie became aggressive and attacked P, yanked her necklace off her. They left the restaurant, told the vlog what had happened and said they were going home. P told Abbie that she would not get to listen to music or watch tv when they got home because of her bad behavior. See, the thing is, by the time you guys get home, Abbie is not going to make the connection that she's not allowed to listen to music because of her meltdown at the restaurant.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

So this old video popped up for me as “unwatched”..
So I’m sure y’all have already had discussion about it, but I just HAVE to say something.. I just don’t understand.. and honestly, everything in this video is HEARTBREAKING…

So if you don’t want to rewatch it, it starts with Abbie doing her book bag with ZERO prompting..
In fact, Abbie seems so good in this. Like seriously, she is being so patient…
But I guess the school didn’t take her to Daily’s that day, and she was excited the night before, so she started asking for it… not going into any kind of tantrum, there isn’t a single one in this whole video..

And she is honestly being so good…so why the f!ck would the Mass Asses not.. I don’t know.. take her there? You guys goes for rides EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME EVERY DAY..

Oh… wait… they’re going to a game. Oh ok.. cool. The pig’s got her smear of makeup on.. you know, got that make up/horrible skin line going around her neck like it’s a mask.. Ass is wearing .. a different hat…

They’re ready to go. In fact, the whole episode feels like the Ass and Pig show more than ANYTHING. Did they just have sex for the first time in 5 years or something? Cause he’s slobbering all over her…

And I just want to say real quick. I would bet money that she was behaving well the whole day, because you KNOW ass would get in some of that aggressive defiance.. at the very least , the beginning stages of it..

She was giving eye contact, calm even while being asked to do something she didn’t want to, like getting the bowl because she really REALLY was hoping for Daily’s instead of pretzel.. and even faced with the hard truth that she was going no where that day.. she still remained calm.

Me, I honestly would of ran her to Daily’s based off the way she’s acting, but it’s cool.. gotta a THING to do..

So the rest of the vlog is them living their best life boring garbage.. than they come home.. to an Abbie who still is in a decent mood, but still asks to go out… but I guess 9 pm is too late for the Massives to just run her to Daily’s for a f*cking cookie.

(and I bet money Nan didn’t take her because you know they would of said she would to get her to stop asking and they don’t even say the word around her)

Then another chunk of the vlog is of Ass and Pig sitting across from each other… like..filming each other? Ass is getting into some narcissistic, philosophy crap? Meanwhile, Abbie is entertaining herself … still seems in a happy mood. But I guess instead of taking advantage of this, and since you literally haven’t seen her all day, they don’t care to spend time with her..

The video ends with some awkward crap. Abbie is defiant in wanting to go to bed. But it’s more “defensive/calm” she’s not screaming, crying, thrashing.. she just doesn’t want to give up her iPad.. Ass comes over and Sandy? (Is she the brown one?) starts getting upset.. like she doesn’t want Ass touching her…

Cilla makes a joke that Sandy is telling Abbie to get up, but no.. she is literally watching Asa and his movements .. so weird..

Than she goes to bed, all the while Ass is promoting Cilla getting on Live..

—-
TL;DR
I know I wrote a lot about this video yall already seen, but I just don’t understand. Why constantly go out at a whim anytime you want, but when Abbie is ACTUALLY DOING GOOD, you’re much too busy…
When talking about missing Daily’s, he rants/complains about the “break in routine”…. Exactly how long are you guys on vacation? Isn’t vacation by definition a “break in routine” and you’re doing it for longer than any one else could possibly afford.. yeah , ok… get onto the school for their “break in routine”. Eat dirt asshole.

The whole scene of them recording each other? Could of been spent running her up for a cookie…

And… even if you disagree with me, that’s fine. I understand if you wouldn’t bother taking her. But at the very least, I think this is an example of, I’m thinking mostly Cilla, getting away from her any possible minute she can. Cilla looks exhausted from this trip. Miserable. One vlog she complained that Abbie got her up at 7am.. and she’s more of an “8am girl”… b*tch.. it’s one hour. You honestly check down to the minute , how long you can stay away from your daughter…

We can say one thing about Ass I guess.. and that’s if it were solely up to Cilla… Abbie would of been gone a long time ago. And that’s sad. Very
sad to think that of a mother.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Dunno where they're money comes from but they lived in a small split level house prior to this more spacious place.
Maybe they're pooling all their incomes, including granny's social security checks?
The mom used to work for Target. That's definitely decent pay.
No idea what Gayvid does.
David works from his home office. He’s done that for quite a while. It’s something to do with directing shipments from large companies.

Reactions: 8

So I’m sure y’all have already had discussion about it, but I just HAVE to say something.. I just don’t understand.. and honestly, everything in this video is HEARTBREAKING…

So if you don’t want to rewatch it, it starts with Abbie doing her book bag with ZERO prompting..
But I guess the school didn’t take her to Daily’s that day, and she was excited the night before, so she started asking for it… not going into any kind of tantrum, there isn’t a single one in this whole video..

And she is honestly being so good…so why the f!ck would the Mass Asses not.. I don’t know.. take her there? You guys goes for rides EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME EVERY DAY..

Oh… wait… they’re going to a game. Oh ok.. cool. The pig’s got her smear of makeup on.. you know, got that make up/horrible skin line going around her neck like it’s a mask.. Ass is wearing .. a different hat…

They’re ready to go. In fact, the whole episode feels like the Ass and Pig show more than ANYTHING. Did they just have sex for the first time in 5 years or something? Cause he’s slobbering all over her…

And I just want to say real quick. I would bet money that she was behaving well the whole day, because you KNOW ass would get in some of that aggressive defiance.. at the very least , the beginning stages of it..

She was giving eye contact, calm even while being asked to do something she didn’t want to, like getting the bowl because she really REALLY was hoping for Daily’s instead of pretzel.. and even faced with the hard truth that she was going no where that day.. she still remained calm.

Me, I honestly would of ran her to Daily’s based off the way she’s acting, but it’s cool.. gotta a THING to do..

So the rest of the vlog is them living their best life boring garbage.. than they come home.. to an Abbie who still is in a decent mood, but still asks to go out… but I guess 9 pm is too late for the Massives to just run her to Daily’s for a f*cking cookie.

(and I bet money Nan didn’t take her because you know they would of said she would to get her to stop asking and they don’t even say the word around her)

Then another chunk of the vlog is of Ass and Pig sitting across from each other… like..filming each other? Ass is getting into some narcissistic, philosophy crap? Meanwhile, Abbie is entertaining herself … still seems in a happy mood. But I guess instead of taking advantage of this, and since you literally haven’t seen her all day, they don’t care to spend time with her..

The video ends with some awkward crap. Abbie is defiant in wanting to go to bed. But it’s more “defensive/calm” she’s not screaming, crying, thrashing.. she just doesn’t want to give up her iPad.. Ass comes over and Sandy? (Is she the brown one?) starts getting upset.. like she doesn’t want Ass touching her…

Cilla makes a joke that Sandy is telling Abbie to get up, but no.. she is literally watching Asa and his movements .. so weird..

—-
TL;DR
I know I wrote a lot about this video yall already seen, but I just don’t understand. Why constantly go out at a whim anytime you want, but when Abbie is ACTUALLY DOING GOOD, you’re much too busy…
When talking about missing Daily’s, he rants/complains about the “break in routine”…. Exactly how long are you guys on vacation? Isn’t vacation by definition a “break in routine” and you’re doing it for longer than any one else could possibly afford.. yeah , ok… get onto the school for their “break in routine”. Eat dirt asshole.

The whole scene of them recording each other? Could of been spent running her up for a cookie…

And… even if you disagree with me, that’s fine. I understand if you wouldn’t bother taking her. But at the very least, I think this is an example of, I’m thinking mostly Cilla, getting away from her any possible minute she can. Cilla looks exhausted from this trip. Miserable. One vlog she complained that Abbie got her up at 7am.. and she’s more of an “8am girl”… b*tch.. it’s one hour. You honestly check down to the minute , how long you can stay away from your daughter…

We can say one thing about Ass I guess.. and that’s if it were solely up to Cilla… Abbie would of been gone a long time ago. And that’s sad. Very
View attachment 1415269

A couple of years ago, my kiddo requested to go to Toys R Us completely unprompted on his AAC. We had a little discussion about maybe going to Walmart or another closer store instead. Nope. This kid wanted Toys R Us. So, we got in the car and drove to Toys R Us. No tit, the kid walked in, went right to where the inflatable pools were and picked one up. I asked him if he wanted to look around for anything else. Nope. He wanted to go straight to the cashier and take his prized purchase home (we used birthday money he had left over). I was so bleeping proud of him for initiating this all on his own. I still am. Take time out of your day and take her to Daily's.

I have no doubt these two are just exhausted by this point. It's a lot to look after these kiddos. It's why after about 5 years of home education, we were ALL ready to be back in school. We never had as much respite as these two had. Ever. None of my other friends in Florida had either.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

—-
TL;DR

View attachment 1415269
We have all seen such a rapid change in Abbies abilities, demeanor, facial expressions etc. I wonder if, on top of everything else on Abbie's plate, is she suffering from depression? There is nothing fun left in her life. Getting out of Mold Manor to go to school allowed her to do different things and see different people and be away from her parents. On the rare occassion that we see a spark is when Abbie is with someone other than her parents and brother.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
So, the hike was actually a more challenging walk than I expected. Kudos to Abbie, And hell, kudos to PriscillaFor actually moving her body a little. Half of the Vlog was spent talking about Matthew McConaughey’s audible book. Over and over referencing that one book. This tells me that’s the only book he’s listened to And couldn’t think of a single other thing to reference in the sponsored video.

for someone that was in the Coast Guard and must have traveled some in that regard, he seemed so juvenile over the hail storm. That was a very mild hail storm. I get it, they live in Florida, all they know is hurricanes and heat but he acted like the RV had been swept up in a twister. They both just act so immature and juvenile.

As expected, the hike video was edited down to only the positive. No complaining, no bitching and moaning that we saw. But we all know different.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Found a couple of pictures of some of my son's screens he has set up on his AAC app (the same one Abbie uses for the newcomers who may not know). When he goes to his Music topic, this is what pops up. A page devoted to ALEXA. He can push the buttons and ALEXA will do what is asked. We edited the play button to say his fave music station.

Here is another screen I made on the fly about when he could go in his pool. He kept asking one day when it was raining. So, I made this visual and used this to explain why he couldn't that day. If they were really invested in using that app to help develop communication, they should be doing some of this stuff. I gather that it is rather difficult because they would have to interrupt her youtube viewing to focus on making such screens-another reason that we ONLY use his AAC ipad for communication. Anything for fun is done on a different system (Kindle, desktop, different ipad). So if his behavior has not been that great, I CAN take away his youtube WITHOUT taking his way to communicate.
That is impressive, you are an amazing mom.

I don’t have a July birthday but can I join in the celebration? I’m closing on buying my first house on Monday!!
Yes you can join, this pride of lions known as Leo's never turns anyone away. Well, unless they are a card carrying Massive.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Tonight's Vlog -

Watching them lose their minds about some pea-sized hail is one of the funniest things I've seen on this channel. I get that they're supposedly not used to it, but I mean....really? I've lived in three different places which all could be counted on to get hail at least that big every year (multiple times). I've seen kids playing outside in that kind of hail.

They acted like we did the one time we got really serious hail, which was bigger than golfball sized and really crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Would love to hear more. Was Sherry the GM? Is she still there or did she leave? Did you work there since Kylie has been there?
Wait! What? Kylie is at selfieworld? I truly have been MIA from Tattle recently.

I don't follow that family but they seem to do a great job accomodating their child with what she needs and wants! I have a feeling that after visiting his Mom and being at this home, Dickdo is envious of a rural life. The basement and backyard was really a child's paradise compared to mold manor which could do something similar in terms of the swing, drums etc in the pool house. They need to get rid of that hideous death trap for turtles and fish and make an area for Abbie . How creepy and weird is it that Dickdo and Mr Wee were filming each other at the same time?
Yea that Wee is creepy…both of them. He filmed his daughter needing her “ nightly pressure”! It was sick. He filmed her in a car seat that was on the floor in her bedroom. She was buckled into her carseat while she pushed her pelvis up into the buckle harness repeatedly. I can’t believe a mom and dad would film that and upload it. I un subbed immediately when I saw that. It was years ago!

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
So, Asshat is continuing to make some sort of effort to give us information about where they are etc. It’s better than nothing but still, it’s pretty underwhelming. You know he just googled a bunch of stuff like 5 minutes before he started filming. Asshat, I give you an F.

Asshat talks about how as Abbie has gotten older, she’s a lot more unsure on her feet. So let’s take her on a non-paved, uneven trail because that’ll really get her into enjoying hiking?? Thank goodness they brought her plastic bag along to stim with. I think Abbie was very stressed out. But who cares, let’s say Matthew McConaughey 42 times and pitch an audible commercial, right?

He then keeps praising Abbie for “doing the dang thing” and how well she’s doing on the hike. She doesn’t have a choice! You forced her to do this. She had no other choice but to do her best to make it through. But hey, great vlog footage right? I bet you’ll get so many comments praising you and telling you how you made such a difference.

Abbie looked like she was on the verge of a meltdown when they got back in the truck. Notice he cut that clip pretty abruptly.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Tonight's Vlog -

Who gives a duck about audible and Mathew McConaughey or whoever. What a shitshow!
Abbie stimming with her one and only toy ( a plastic bag), sitting and taking her shoes off at every opportunity and clearly having a difficult time dealing with some of ‘the hike’, plus all the moaning and groaning. Dumber and Dumber waddling and wheezing as they walked along. Asswipe talking even more shite than usual. Can you imagine going for a nice, peaceful hike in nature and coming across that lot? duck me pink!
Asswipe, it doesn’t matter how many times you tell Abbie she climbed a mountain, she doesn’t give a rats arse. She just wants a cookie!
As for the drama over a bit of rain and hail…they really are pathetic or perhaps that was just to gain some comments from their obsessive, dim witted leghumpers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
So, Asshat is continuing to make some sort of effort to give us information about where they are etc. It’s better than nothing but still, it’s pretty underwhelming. You know he just googled a bunch of stuff like 5 minutes before he started filming. Asshat, I give you an F.

Asshat talks about how as Abbie has gotten older, she’s a lot more unsure on her feet. So let’s take her on a non-paved, uneven trail because that’ll really get her into enjoying hiking?? Thank goodness they brought her plastic bag along to stim with. I think Abbie was very stressed out. But who cares, let’s say Matthew McConaughey 42 times and pitch an audible commercial, right?

He then keeps praising Abbie for “doing the dang thing” and how well she’s doing on the hike. She doesn’t have a choice! You forced her to do this. She had no other choice but to do her best to make it through. But hey, great vlog footage right? I bet you’ll get so many comments praising you and telling you how you made such a difference.

Abbie looked like she was on the verge of a meltdown when they got back in the truck. Notice he cut that clip pretty abruptly.
I bet that hike took forever .. Abbie was barely moving .. and neither was P...every few minutes they had to prod Abbie forward as she was moaning... Asshat blathering on about audible ... looked like misery.

The hail drama was ridiculous.... they were trying to make it look dramatic..filming as they were coming in... they were making dinner... at night? What do they eat at 10 pm?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.