Fathering Autism #126 Honking Across America Part ll hits the road,sign on the back reads “WIDE LOAD”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been MIA for most of the last thread. I finally closed on my mom’s condo and now the rest of 2022 can start for me. Bittersweet for sure.

I don’t know what to say about this road trip. Two months is a long time to be traveling, let alone in a RV. The price of diesel is obscene, which is what the truck takes. Abbie is going to be out of what comfort zone she has and will most likely be bored, which makes for challenging behavior.

I believe this trip is completely for A, and P would be happy staying home or even foregoing the RV, traveling in a SUV or the pickup and staying in a hotel. If it was me (thankfully it’s not), I would not want to do this. Also, why do the dogs have to go, Isaiah is staying home and there is no reason he can’t take care of them, where they would be comfortable.

Just my take on the whole roadshow. For what’s it worth.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I have been MIA for most of the last thread. I finally closed on my mom’s condo and now the rest of 2022 can start for me. Bittersweet for sure.

I don’t know what to say about this road trip. Two months is a long time to be traveling, let alone in a RV. The price of diesel is obscene, which is what the truck takes. Abbie is going to be out of what comfort zone she has and will most likely be bored, which makes for challenging behavior.

I believe this trip is completely for A, and P would be happy staying home or even foregoing the RV, traveling in a SUV or the pickup and staying in a hotel. If it was me (thankfully it’s not), I would not want to do this. Also, why do the dogs have to go, Isaiah is staying home and there is no reason he can’t take care of them, where they would be comfortable.

Just my take on the whole roadshow. For what’s it worth.
I thought the same thing. Why take the dogs? I am sure they would be happy to stay home. Can you imagine the stink in that vehicle and RV?

• Sick
Reactions: 24
I might be in a minority here but I don’t think they drink that heavily. If they’re drinking 5% drinks that basically fizzy pop, I drank that at 14! They don’t drink responsibly because they really shouldn’t have more than a couple if they are caring for Abbie, and if in sole care of her they shouldn’t at all, but they are certainly nowhere near drunk all the time and I don’t think they drink excessively. Who doesn’t have a cabinet of alcohol? Their diet is far more concerning than their alcohol consumption. Come to the UK on a sunny Saturday afternoon and the pubs are busy with people having a couple of beers in the beer garden, people having a drink at the park with friends or in their own garden, I know plenty of people that will have a glass of wine during the week or a few drinks at the pub quiz. As I write it’s 6:20pm on a Tuesday, and there’s a group of students infront of me having a drink at the park. Maybe it’s just a different attitude but I don’t think they’re drinking is necessarily a huge problem on its own- combined with their overall non existent diet and exercise routine and the fact they both drink while Abbie is in their care is a problem.
I totally see your point. Opinions are subjective.
In my case I feel that way about Abbies med's. I dont think they "drug" her into submission or are doing something wrong by having her on meds to begin with. If anything, I feel they waited WAY too long to increase her dosages and find something that worked better for her anxiety and mood swings.
If she had a medical condition, she would be on meds and no one would bat an eye. But mental health meds? She is being drugged, sedated, warehoused, etc. No one would bat an eye if she were an NT 17 year old who needed an anxiety med, or sleep aid. Hell, when Isaiah was 17 I remember people saying he should be on med's- but not Abbie? Bizarre!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
My uncle has one of the big RV’s that you drive and tow your car behind. He said it cost $500 to fill up and gets 5 miles per gallon. That’s just not worth it. Entirely too expensive

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I might be in a minority here but I don’t think they drink that heavily. If they’re drinking 5% drinks that basically fizzy pop, I drank that at 14! They don’t drink responsibly because they really shouldn’t have more than a couple if they are caring for Abbie, and if in sole care of her they shouldn’t at all, but they are certainly nowhere near drunk all the time and I don’t think they drink excessively. Who doesn’t have a cabinet of alcohol? Their diet is far more concerning than their alcohol consumption. Come to the UK on a sunny Saturday afternoon and the pubs are busy with people having a couple of beers in the beer garden, people having a drink at the park with friends or in their own garden, I know plenty of people that will have a glass of wine during the week or a few drinks at the pub quiz. As I write it’s 6:20pm on a Tuesday, and there’s a group of students infront of me having a drink at the park. Maybe it’s just a different attitude but I don’t think they’re drinking is necessarily a huge problem on its own- combined with their overall non existent diet and exercise routine and the fact they both drink while Abbie is in their care is a problem.
I wonder if they will hide all the house booze before they leave or just take it all along?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think Isaiah scripted what he said I don’t think he was genuinely asking for permission to cut his hair I think it was to get a reaction from A&P. I don’t think they knew he was recording because of how Asa in particular was speaking-neither of them would speak like that on FA or crappy mama page.
Big P and AssA may not have known that their Golden Boy was filming. They told him not to get a haircut just for content. But it’s ok to have Sweet Girl’s annual haircut filmed. It’s ok to film the dogs after their grooming. I assume CillaMe goes to her salon for a color and trim approximately every 6-8 weeks. She snaps photos there.

So, if Abbie only receives a haircut annually before she heads back to school, does homeschooling mean they won’t bother with a haircut this year? 😳

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
For me it is not how much they drink... it is when. Several times They have shown P having a few drinks and then driving. This after saying (may or may not be true) that P is tipsy afte a few sips of low proof beverage. Or both having large drinks while out eating and, again, getting behind the wheel. Also, them both knocking them back while carrying for Abbie. These things endanger others around them... not just their own bodies and well being.

As for the over medicating... I think they do on occasion. Not daily... and she for sure needs the meds. The first time that it was blatant to me was when Isaiah had college friends come stay at the house. Ab was zombie like and barely moving both at home and out of the house. It was such a drastic difference it was scary. But I don't think it is a regular thing... if so it would throw some big flags up at the doctor... either the doctor would think they are over medicating or that someone in the house was abusing the meds for themselves.

(Sorry if I am not making the most sense, high seizure activity day lol)

• Heart
  • Sad
Isaiah is so awkward I've never seen anyone so uncomfortable in their own skin. He's 20, lived away from home almost 2 years...yet reverts back to a 14 year old teen boy with enough teenage angst to fill a football field.

This guy needs to find his own self get a breather away from autism... We have 2 children who we encourage to have a life outside of the autism boundaries we live with on a daily basis... It's just healthy!

Isaiah... his weight, his repulsive nail bitting, his poor eating habits this guy needs a serious outlet away from this " family"
You just know Gaysaiah is going to throw a Fire Island Pines themed party while the 'rents' are gone, and Gayllermo will be first on his list. Of course summer and her wife will be there, he might even get brave and invite Crystal and the angry elf... Everything would have to be on the DL. I cringe every time he pretends that he is interested in girls, I'm sure when the camera was off he was talking to the fish about some hot dude he saw, and wants to Mac down on😄😆 He will never be comfortable in his own skin, until he accepts who he really is, kind of sad.

Then there's Gayllermo who is totally out there about his sexuality, and is okay looking like a predator. He is so 'open' that it even shows in his body language, why does he always lower himself, and splay his legs, when getting close to kids? He also gets a firm grip on them, why doesn't any other adults see this, someone needs to step over and tell him to cool his overly assertive affection. It's sad that some of those creeps end up working in programs like Big Brothers, YMCA, Camp counselors, Boy Scouts, and the list goes on. The last screenshot is when Pig was chasing Abby, and he attempted to corral her... Of course he did😉

One last thing.... Who's to say Isaiah isn't on the gay spectrum due to Pigcilla trying to raise him as the daughter she never had, he probably has regressed memories of her dressing him up in ruffles and bows in private😂😂🤣 Whispering in his ear, you are just the prettiest little boy there ever was, now let Mama finish your makeup💄👄

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
He also needs to start watching his mouth on these vlogs and social media. He's constantly talking about his 'stupid' college rules, professors, and in this vlog mentioned how "annoying" it is he has to write a 300 word weekly summary at his internship.
Cry me a river. 300 words or less?! Thats nothing.
I wonder if he realizes how much writing & documentation are involved with his "chosen" (read: forced on him) career path. A 300 word summary is likely a normal thing he'll do daily for each client and that doesn't include interoffice emails, client/parent emails, etc etc etc. A single 300 word summary once a week really is nothing.

I have to wonder if this is just a content thing - like, he's just talking to talk so he has something to vlog about - or if it's a symptom of his family's general attitude towards higher education. There's a damn good reason part of his assignment is that weekly summary; the ability to communicate via writing is vital in most jobs, especially so in a medical or therapeutic environment where you have to document basically every interaction you have with a client both for treatment as well as legal reasons. If you can't see past the proverbial nose on your own face, if you don't understand education as a process rather than as a piece of paper to get you a job, a 300 word paper each week about your internship will seem like busywork instead of the vital skillbuilding it actually is.

Communication is important, Isaiah. You should know that if you actually want to go into ABA. Writing is communication.

Fun fact: your entire post that I quoted a piece of is 164 words - more than half of what he's fussing about writing once per week.
My entire post, including this part of it, is 274 words. It took me less than 10 minutes to write with two children interrupting me multiple times.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
For me it is not how much they drink... it is when. Several times They have shown P having a few drinks and then driving. This after saying (may or may not be true) that P is tipsy afte a few sips of low proof beverage. Or both having large drinks while out eating and, again, getting behind the wheel. Also, them both knocking them back while carrying for Abbie. These things endanger others around them... not just their own bodies and well being.

As for the over medicating... I think they do on occasion. Not daily... and she for sure needs the meds. The first time that it was blatant to me was when Isaiah had college friends come stay at the house. Ab was zombie like and barely moving both at home and out of the house. It was such a drastic difference it was scary. But I don't think it is a regular thing... if so it would throw some big flags up at the doctor... either the doctor would think they are over medicating or that someone in the house was abusing the meds for themselves.

seizures SUCK,I’m sorry :( I go through the same as well even tho mine are relatively tame and not bad frequent it still sucks :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I am looking forward to the RV toilet busting :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: There is no way that it can withstand all of the extra weight. I really hope that it happens hundreds of miles away from the next truck/rest stop:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I am really looking forward to this trip!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
One last thing.... Who's to say Isaiah isn't on the gay spectrum due to Pigcilla trying to raise him as the daughter she never had, he probably has regressed memories of her dressing him up in ruffles and bows in private😂😂🤣 Whispering in his ear, you are just the prettiest little boy there ever was, now let Mama finish your makeup💄👄
.......that is not how that works. Like, at all.

It's one thing to mock the tit out of the adults in the Maass universe, but mocking large swaths of humanity in general with outdated and disproven theories rooted in mother-blame is a little out of scope.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I am looking forward to the RV toilet busting :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: There is no way that it can withstand all of the extra weight. I really hope that it happens hundreds of miles away from the next truck/rest stop:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I am really looking forward to this trip!!!!!!
YEEESSSSS! I hope it happens when it is Pigs turn to wedge herself in for a plop. 🤣🤣 I hope that little throne snaps at the base, with the holding tank full to the top. 😂 But….not until after CillaMeBeast whines her way into a hearty snack from a sketchy looking food truck serving up street tacos and operated by employees who all have “chocolate” fingers. 😂🤣😂

• Haha
I wonder if he realizes how much writing & documentation are involved with his "chosen" (read: forced on him) career path. A 300 word summary is likely a normal thing he'll do daily for each client and that doesn't include interoffice emails, client/parent emails, etc etc etc. A single 300 word summary once a week really is nothing.

I have to wonder if this is just a content thing - like, he's just talking to talk so he has something to vlog about - or if it's a symptom of his family's general attitude towards higher education. There's a damn good reason part of his assignment is that weekly summary; the ability to communicate via writing is vital in most jobs, especially so in a medical or therapeutic environment where you have to document basically every interaction you have with a client both for treatment as well as legal reasons. If you can't see past the proverbial nose on your own face, if you don't understand education as a process rather than as a piece of paper to get you a job, a 300 word paper each week about your internship will seem like busywork instead of the vital skillbuilding it actually is.

Communication is important, Isaiah. You should know that if you actually want to go into ABA. Writing is communication.

Fun fact: your entire post that I quoted a piece of is 164 words - more than half of what he's fussing about writing once per week.
My entire post, including this part of it, is 274 words. It took me less than 10 minutes to write with two children interrupting me multiple times.
Exactly.
Both of my jobs require copious amounts of case notes. I can easily document a single meeting on both sides of the paper. ( I am a full-time LSW, and part time LCDC2) I cannot even record a proper social history in under 300 words. I was floored when he was complaining!
Matter of fact, I return to work in three weeks after 9 months of medical leave. I have been "practicing" writing again- just meaningless words, but I need to regain that strength. It is tiring to write so much if you are not accustomed to it.

• Heart

Yep! Insurance companies will want to see constant documentation on how a child is growing or not growing. It is literally documenting and recording and if you don't record anything, that means nothing happened and they can deny paying. 300 words is definitely nothing to bat an eye at. I have seen the weekly updates done on my children in therapies, and they are way more than 300 words.. Their 3 month evaluations can be 2-3 pages long for reapprovals of services..
Isaiah needs to run to another profession, if he believes that this is too much work..

Reactions: 15
My sweet little schnauzer Sadie just jumped off the back deck to chase a squirrel and when she landed she yelped..her back right leg is causing her to limp..I thought about Abs, being hurt and not able to say where exactly, if it keeps hurting, what level is the pain, etc. Asswipe says she has a high threshold for pain, maybe that's only because she can't say how bad. Sadie is whimpering right now because the vet says to limit her movement and she wants to go outside with daddy to watch him clean some fresh fish. I told hubby whatever he's doing he will stop and help me take her to the vet in a bit when the vet gets out of surgery. I think I have spent more in vet bills on Sadie than both kids Dr bills growing up. And of course it's 2 days before her groomer comes out so she looks more like a poodle than a schnauzer.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
My sweet little schnauzer Sadie just jumped off the back deck to chase a squirrel and when she landed she yelped..her back right leg is causing her to limp..I thought about Abs, being hurt and not able to say where exactly, if it keeps hurting, what level is the pain, etc. Asswipe says she has a high threshold for pain, maybe that's only because she can't say how bad. Sadie is whimpering right now because the vet says to limit her movement and she wants to go outside with daddy to watch him clean some fresh fish. I told hubby whatever he's doing he will stop and help me take her to the vet in a bit when the vet gets out of surgery. I think I have spent more in vet bills on Sadie than both kids Dr bills growing up. And of course it's 2 days before her groomer comes out so she looks more like a poodle than a schnauzer.
Oh No! ☹ I hope everything turns out to be okay. ❤ Prayers for Sadie. Keep us updated.❤

• Heart

Makes total sense and I agree too on both points, and it’s not how much they drink it’s when is a good summaryShe needs the meds but I do think they tinker with them and Abbie seems particularly zoned out, sleepy and not with it when they have visitors, it’s for their own benefit and it’s so they don’t actually have to meet her needs to make her easier to manage.

You just know Gaysaiah is going to throw a Fire Island Pines themed party while the 'rents' are gone, and Gayllermo will be first on his list. Of course summer and her wife will be there, he might even get brave and invite Crystal and the angry elf... Everything would have to be on the DL. I cringe every time he pretends that he is interested in girls, I'm sure when the camera was off he was talking to the fish about some hot dude he saw, and wants to Mac down on😄😆 He will never be comfortable in his own skin, until he accepts who he really is, kind of sad.

Then there's Gayllermo who is totally out there about his sexuality, and is okay looking like a predator. He is so 'open' that it even shows in his body language, why does he always lower himself, and splay his legs, when getting close to kids? He also gets a firm grip on them, why doesn't any other adults see this, someone needs to step over and tell him to cool his overly assertive affection. It's sad that some of those creeps end up working in programs like Big Brothers, YMCA, Camp counselors, Boy Scouts, and the list goes on. The last screenshot is when Pig was chasing Abby, and he attempted to corral her... Of course he did😉

Eww GrabbyG is proper creepy. Wouldn’t want him anywhere near me or my (hypothetical) kids. Why does he feel he has to touch the kids all the time? There’s no photos of him being all touchy feely with the adults. Not saying you can’t touch children, I give children in school hugs or rub their back but usually I ask if they want a hug if they’re upset or if they initiate. If they show any sign of not liking it I apologise and stop. If I was working with a non-verbal child I would definately stay cautious that they cannot tell you they don’t like something or even know to move away if they feel uncomfortable- Abbie has been poked and prodded and mauled since she was little, she’s learnt to put up with it even if she doesn’t like it. Plus in this day and age you have to be so careful that you don’t do anything that someone could say is inappropriate. Now there’s nothing necessarily wrong with GrabbyG touching her shoulders like that but the amount he is seen getting up close and personal with kids gives you that icky feeling in your tummy.

• Heart
Just under 1 year ago.
Priscilla's tolerance is WAY less after her surgery, so she doesn't have to drink a ton to get lit. So she doesn't necessarily drink a lot in volume but I think they drink OFTEN. Daily, multiple times daily.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.