Fathering Autism #12 Evangelist vlogger, quarantine is uncool, oops Abbies again in the pool

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't come here to throw shade at other members. You are entitled to your opinion as anyone else is to theirs. You sure you aren't a member of the maass squad! I know there is at least one in here.
oh an nothing would make Asshat more happy than members throwing shade at each other in here.
Sorry to offend my fellow southerners, but 🤮🤢
Omg. Is that Asshat or Pilla serving up that greasy slop? Just what they need.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
AnP are so awkward. The only time they “may have” kissed was on the vlog the next day after the reveal of the other child... A put Abbie in the car and P had the camera and he came from the passenger side and they apparently kissed. I have never seen these two be affectionate towards each other... at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
OMG I remember that! I'm not the big Isaiah fan that most are. I don't think he is some golden boy or even necessarily a "great kid," but this incident really pissed me off on his behalf. They let her take numerous naps throughout the day, take pics of it and croon about how cute it is #sleepyautismprincess, but then he has to watch her because his alarm clock woke her up...how was he supposed to wake up himself? And the fact that they always had to keep the air condition down low at night so Ab wouldn't be too hot in her special pajamas. Grr...what if your other kid was too cold?
And thebonly reason they let her nap all day is so that they can have some peace and quiet. And they wonder why she doesn't sleep at night and she thinks its funny. She doesn't have to cuz she knows she can sleep anytime she wants during the day and can get up during the night and have another snack or 3. Again....her terms, not theirs. Oh he blames that on autism too and came right out and said "and its not because she naps during the day". Where'd ya hear that from studmuffin?

AnP are so awkward. The only time they “may have” kissed was on the vlog the next day after the reveal of the other child... A put Abbie in the car and P had the camera and he came from the passenger side and they apparently kissed. I have never seen these two be affectionate towards each other... at all.
Neither have I.

You and I grew up in the same era, to get any kind of birth control ( even if it was for acne) You had to have your first exam...I guess their not pushing it these days or Abbie did have an exam and we don’t know about it
I am thinking that's for two reasons. Most girls getting BC is becuase they are either having sex or plan on it. Also, Dr may want to make sure you aren't pregnant. I'm just guessing though.

A random Pap is not going to show if Abbie has yeast or UTI. So it still doesn't make any sense to either papoose board her or sedate her unless she is having a problem.

Reactions: 1
You don't have to get a papsmear to get birth control. I was on birth control for YEARS before getting one.

Asa must be agitated

It's the behavior being explained. I think everyone should be able to express their opinions however they feel it necessary to get their point across. For example, I think Abigail is a bully that acts like a feral animal. I think she bullies the hell out of everyone just to get what she wants. She scares the hell out of random folks just so she can do what she wants and everyone around her has to walk on eggshells 100% of the time to keep from making her mad. She has been taught that this is how you get things. This will not fly when her parents are dead and gone so, it needs to be fixed before that time comes to keep bad things from happening. Now, ppl can think all day long that I just called her names bc, I dont give a tit but, more importantly, that is how I describe what I'm trying to say. Nobody should have to sit in the corner and let thoughts bottle up just bc they are afraid to be called mean. This site is a gossip site for god sakes. We shouldn't have to worry about our opinions here, just like nobody should have to worry about getting attacked just bc they ask someone to put their things in their backpack. I respect your opinion, I just dont share it. I feel like we shouldn't have to watch our mouths here. That's just how I feel.
Thank you for addressing this. I too was slammed by a couple members here for expressing my thoughts. I believe Abbie would be better off in a group home. She’s a danger to herself and others and is a serious accident waiting to happen. Ass and pissy are lazy MFers and are inconsistent with Abbie. They’re doing more harm than good.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I dont know if I have already made you folks aware of this or not but, I once read something that said that we are the bitchiest ppl on the internet. It said this was the bitchiest part of the internet. Now, I just want to say that I take that as a compliment. It's not everyday that you secure a title like that and I, for one, am proud to be a part of that. So, I raise my glass to all you fine folks that help me make up the bitchiest place on the internet.....(I don't have any glasses of anything but, it sure did sound good.)

• Haha
Your words were perfection. I am so glad that someone agrees with me. If you are not a writer by profession you should be.
Thank you. :)

I haven't seen one person on here say that Abigail's behavior wasn't learned from somewhere. Everytime I have said that I dont like Abigail, I have always followed up with how it's not even her fault that I dont like her. I have said numerous times that her parents have made it impossible for me to feel anything towards her due to what they have and haven't taught her. I'm not going to sit back and keep my mouth shut bc, I'm scared of making folks angry. That's the whole reason I came to this sight in the first place was to be able to voice my opinion and not get pummeled by "fans". I value everyone's opinions here, even if I don't share them. I would never tell someone their opinion is wrong just bc, I dont share it. I'm not going to tell any of you that you crossed any lines or are being too harsh for saying just how you feel about what this thread is about. Honestly, I didn't come here to see how many "likes" I could get from my posts......I came here to be able to be honest. Honesty is how YOU feel.....not how others want you to feel or think you should feel about a certain topic.
The way I see it is this, just as you're free to say what you want, I'm free to say what I want. That's how freedom of expression goes. Especially on a public discussion forum. I'm sharing my opinion just as you are - I'm not telling you to stop talking. I'm just sharing my feelings on what I'm reading.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have often wandered how Isaiah was treated when he was underage in terms of curfews, could he have friends over, girlfriends, could he go out with friends when he wanted, did he have to beg to go out on fridays? Stuff like that. There was one vlog where he had planned to get up early and go take some pictures of nature but, since he set his clock and the noise woke Abigail up, Asa got up and pretty much met him on his way out the door and said," nope, your not going, your going to stay home with your sister while we sleep." Makes you wander how happy his childhood really was.....
Do you know which vlog that was?

• Wow
Reactions: 2
QUOTE="WoahThatsCrazy, post: 1106078, member: 56907"]
I REALLY suggest people in this forum READ. READ about neuro diverse people and those with mental health problems! Go on twitter and search up the hashtags! Go in autistic led websites and FB pages! You will quickly realise that there is a distinct set of struggles that many people in that specific community share. I can’t even count on one hand anymore the amount of times I’ve read something and gone « Oh wait! Thinking that is *normal*?! » Or realising a particular experience due to a neuro type (eg ADHD - something being normal, because I suspect I have it.) If I had the spoons I’d find all the links/screenshots, but that’s up to you guys to educate yourselves too.
Not sure what you are so angry about. I have been a LSW and licensed crisis counselor for 21 years. If you think that perfectly "normal" (as you say) kids, and even adults are not and have not tried to claim they have mental health issues to get attention from their peers, disability benefits so they do not have to work, have an "excuse" for abusing a spouse, beating a child, or commiting a crime, then I REALLY REALLY suggest you get off Twitter, spend the next five years in college, work in the field for 21 yrs and get back to me. And since Isaiah isnt autistic, and was the person being discussed I have no need to be persuaded about his behaviors or look for a hashtag. Have you dx him yet too? Generalized anxiety? Social? Situational? Chronic or acute? Better yet, has anyone formally dx him? Or Summer? Havent heard them or A&P mention any type of counseling, therapy, or coping techniques. Nervousness, shyness, even apprehension or fear do not equate to mental illness, they are emotions that are now attributed to "anxiety" because the term is used so freely.
The line about ADHD? Not sure where you were going with that. I didnt say I "thought" I had it. I said I did. Dx and on meds for 11 years, twice weekly therapy sessions with a psychologist for behavioral issues, and came out the other side. And I thank god I had the therapy which yes, was a version of ABA and a mother who didnt allow excuses, labels, and followed through. I am not sure if you did not understand the context of my post, or if you did, we will simply agree to disagree.
[/QUOTE]
Oh yes, people can fake it. And that's unfortunate I agree. But remember, not everyone can *afford* a diagnosis, that's classist to assume that (in general, not just you ofc). and anxiety, same deal. Panic attacks, dread, not being able to leave the house on some days, yeah I've had that too. I used to hear other people say that and would think, 'what, how is it possible for it to be that bad?!' Then I started having my own severe anxiety in my senior year (NZ, Year 13) and realised that as weird/exaggerated as it sounds, it's completely true, and can happen to *anyone*. I'm slowly getter better now by looking after myself, knowing where my triggers are and learning how to remove myself if I need to. But that has taken years, and when I was a kid, I would be physically ill from anxiety, partly due to sensory issues that are a part of being autistic. Also re labels and excuses? That's good for you, and hopefully your therapy didn't occur at the cost of your mental health, like that kind of therapy has for so many other people, particularly autistic people, but those labels and adaptions are what's *needed* for some people. As ableist/classist as it sounds, some people need a formal dx. to get services, and without those services, THEY CAN NOT THRIVE! Unfortunately we live in a very ableist society, and thse requirements are only seen 'different from the norm' because most people don't need them and they're seen as an easy way out, rater than people admitting that school systems etc do not work for the majority of neurodiverse people ANYWAY. And that some things we do because we think we 'need' to, rather than realising that we don't actually have to put on stress on people by working min wage jobs, giving homework, or working five days a week, it,s just what the people at the top benefit from - capitalism.
I don't know/have all of the answers, this is what I've learned from other people in the autistic/neurodiverse community, and without labels and resources, we *wouldn't have* ways for these people to be successful in their own ways, they would still be forced (and many still are!) to conform to the norm.
🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Can someone give examples of the older videos where they had Isaiah in the back of the garage with Abbie ? I haven’t seen a single one of those...

Yes please share, that would be great. I have been following the links and reading the articles that you shared previously. It is eye opening to read how actually Autistic people feel and see the world.
Thanks

I just scrolled down in my bookmarks and found these two, please heart eyes or reply if you want more, I need to do a quick online quiz now lol
:)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Not sure what you are so angry about. I have been a LSW and licensed crisis counselor for 21 years. If you think that perfectly "normal" (as you say) kids, and even adults are not and have not tried to claim they have mental health issues to get attention from their peers, disability benefits so they do not have to work, have an "excuse" for abusing a spouse, beating a child, or commiting a crime, then I REALLY REALLY suggest you get off Twitter, spend the next five years in college, work in the field for 21 yrs and get back to me. And since Isaiah isnt autistic, and was the person being discussed I have no need to be persuaded about his behaviors or look for a hashtag. Have you dx him yet too? Generalized anxiety? Social? Situational? Chronic or acute? Better yet, has anyone formally dx him? Or Summer? Havent heard them or A&P mention any type of counseling, therapy, or coping techniques. Nervousness, shyness, even apprehension or fear do not equate to mental illness, they are emotions that are now attributed to "anxiety" because the term is used so freely.
The line about ADHD? Not sure where you were going with that. I didnt say I "thought" I had it. I said I did. Dx and on meds for 11 years, twice weekly therapy sessions with a psychologist for behavioral issues, and came out the other side. And I thank god I had the therapy which yes, was a version of ABA and a mother who didnt allow excuses, labels, and followed through. I am not sure if you did not understand the context of my post, or if you did, we will simply agree to disagree.
Oh yes, people can fake it. And that's unfortunate I agree. But remember, not everyone can *afford* a diagnosis, that's classist to assume that (in general, not just you ofc). and anxiety, same deal. Panic attacks, dread, not being able to leave the house on some days, yeah I've had that too. I used to hear other people say that and would think, 'what, how is it possible for it to be that bad?!' Then I started having my own severe anxiety in my senior year (NZ, Year 13) and realised that as weird/exaggerated as it sounds, it's completely true, and can happen to *anyone*. I'm slowly getter better now by looking after myself, knowing where my triggers are and learning how to remove myself if I need to. But that has taken years, and when I was a kid, I would be physically ill from anxiety, partly due to sensory issues that are a part of being autistic. Also re labels and excuses? That's good for you, and hopefully your therapy didn't occur at the cost of your mental health, like that kind of therapy has for so many other people, particularly autistic people, but those labels and adaptions are what's *needed* for some people. As ableist/classist as it sounds, some people need a formal dx. to get services, and without those services, THEY CAN NOT THRIVE! Unfortunately we live in a very ableist society, and thse requirements are only seen 'different from the norm' because most people don't need them and they're seen as an easy way out, rater than people admitting that school systems etc do not work for the majority of neurodiverse people ANYWAY. And that some things we do because we think we 'need' to, rather than realising that we don't actually have to put on stress on people by working min wage jobs, giving homework, or working five days a week, it,s just what the people at the top benefit from - capitalism.
I don't know/have all of the answers, this is what I've learned from other people in the autistic/neurodiverse community, and without labels and resources, we *wouldn't have* ways for these people to be successful in their own ways, they would still be forced (and many still are!) to conform to the norm.
🙏
[/QUOTE]

Again, I am not sure what your post is referencing. I posted about NT individuals using the guise of MH for attention or other self serving interests. I have not mentioned anyone on the spectrum or someone who is neuro diverse but you keep implying that I have.
It isnt "classist" to assume people should be dx. You are contradicting yourself as your earlier posts expressed disdain for someone "thinking" they had something without a dx. Anyone can be seen in crisis by walking into any ER in America. I work PT in an agency that charges nothing, and not touching the capitalism remark..its appros to nothing. I would also like to point out that for someone who considers themselves diverse and wants to live without labels you are very quick to label anyone who doesnt agree. In a single post you have insinuated I am an ableist, classist, and focused on capitalism. Believe it or not there are people who want to feel better, they dont desire to be diverse, and this "ableist" is happy to help.
Not engaging in this further. I wish you well.

This vlog is from 2017 (Hard Day for Autism Mom)

P is actually truly working with Abbie AND some discipline with redirection too! It reminds me that they used to use the counting down technique to keep her on task. I don't think they do that (much) anymore. What a difference in P's interaction from 2017 to now.

Isaiah Maass on TikTok What he did to that poor cat was cruel! Repressed frustration perhaps???? I am shocked he would do that to his cat...

I just scrolled down in my bookmarks and found these two, please heart eyes or reply if you want more, I need to do a quick online quiz now lol
:)
These are really interesting. I think this post kinda got 'lost' because it was right before a new thread. Thanks WTC!

• Heart
I have often wandered how Isaiah was treated when he was underage in terms of curfews, could he have friends over, girlfriends, could he go out with friends when he wanted, did he have to beg to go out on fridays? Stuff like that. There was one vlog where he had planned to get up early and go take some pictures of nature but, since he set his clock and the noise woke Abigail up, Asa got up and pretty much met him on his way out the door and said," nope, your not going, your going to stay home with your sister while we sleep." Makes you wander how happy his childhood really was.....
I remember watching that one and feeling really bad for him

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.