Fathering Autism #116 Trying homeschooling? Who are they fooling?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are not taking advantage of the fact that Abbie is not food adverse. She seems to really enjoy peppers, those should be her go to snacks and not the processed garbage they pile into her. The Massholes are the worst.
Abbie continually asks for food and I actually wonder if she is genuinely hungry some of the time because she’s regularly eating fast food and that doesn’t fill you up. It’s not nutritious.
Also, they should be finding some sort of exercise for Abbie to do, not just to keep her weight down, but for her general health. Even a long walk every day would be better than sitting in a stupid cart driving to pick up donuts.
Unfortunately for Abbie her parents are lazy gluttons who don’t give a crap about their own health.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Here is tonight's vlog -- I haven't watched it yet but the title mentions discipline... Hmm... why do I get the feeling we're going to get something along the lines of "Of course, we don't want her to do bad things, of course not! But typical discipline just doesn't work on her!"
Let's see what he says... lol

Give her a sensory toy asshat, why do you ignore this need. P looked hungover and like hell. Also the life skills thing was just for the camera, and they are delusional. She wouldn't pull wallpaper if she had some toys to play with in the living room.

I'm sorry for the you tattlers who are going to be near Aspig this summer. You are in my thoughts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Thoughts on the vlog.

- Gotta get that humble brag in on how big his rig is… :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
- Hmmm…. Maybe Abbie wouldn’t have fits of ripping up a ton of paper if she had regular easy access to sensory toys! I don’t know. Just an idea! 🤔
- MasterChef?? Yeah.. ok.. and I’m an Olympic gold medalist in ice skating! 😆
-“We have A LOT of appointments at SW. It’s gonna be SLAMMED!” See, haters?? SW is a thriving and successful business!... Must be from reading Profit First.
-Asshat ‘admits’ that Abbie doing things like her own laundry ‘may never become a thing, and that’s ok.’
Hmmm… why do I feel that should be filed under TOTAL BULLSHIT? (the fact that he says it’s ok)
- Again, maybe Abbie wouldn’t have tried to unravel the whole roll of dog bags if she had sensory toys available.
- Oh Asshat, Abbie doesn’t have to try to make you look foolish. You do that all by yourself. Independently!
- Again, I think Abbie tearing at the wallpaper is sensory seeking behavior.
- And yep, just as I suspected, lists all the reasons why most discipline does not work with Abbie. “Discipline for the sake of discipline is not beneficial.” I feel like that’s just another way of saying, “I can’t be arsed to do what is needed.”

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Dumb ass vlog. Ass can talk all day long about discipline. Thing is, Abbie will jack that wall, or another wall up again. She does not have a clue why she was sent to her room. She does not understand any of the reasons of why she picks the wallpaper, and why it is unacceptable, and she never will. Moobie Dick knows it too. All this BS is just them tossing out filler vlogs trying to get leghumpers all giddy about their Honking Tour 2022, as well as taking advantage of the opportunity to pair it with another glorified commercial for f’ing SelfieWrld. 🤡

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Thoughts on the vlog.

- Gotta get that humble brag in on how big his rig is… :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
- Hmmm…. Maybe Abbie wouldn’t have fits of ripping up a ton of paper if she had regular easy access to sensory toys! I don’t know. Just an idea! 🤔
- MasterChef?? Yeah.. ok.. and I’m an Olympic gold medalist in ice skating! 😆
-“We have A LOT of appointments at SW. It’s gonna be SLAMMED!” See, haters?? SW is a thriving and successful business!... Must be from reading Profit First.
-Asshat ‘admits’ that Abbie doing things like her own laundry ‘may never become a thing, and that’s ok.’
Hmmm… why do I feel that should be filed under TOTAL BULLSHIT? (the fact that he says it’s ok)
- Again, maybe Abbie wouldn’t have tried to unravel the whole roll of dog bags if she had sensory toys available.
- Oh Asshat, Abbie doesn’t have to try to make you look foolish. You do that all by yourself. Independently!
- Again, I think Abbie tearing at the wallpaper is sensory seeking behavior.
- And yep, just as I suspected, lists all the reasons why most discipline does not work with Abbie. “Discipline for the sake of discipline is not beneficial.” I feel like that’s just another way of saying, “I can’t be arsed to do what is needed.”
Asshat is such an idiot about discipline...

one thing he could do is be serious and no means no... dont tell her to go to bed and laugh around and wrestle with her when she doesn't...or if she jumps in the pool ...dont reward her immediately afterward with a treat.... or reward her right after a tantrum. They do the OPPOSITE of discipline...instead of being decisive, firm, consistent... If she gets results that she doesn't like for doing certain behaviors consistently... I believe it would make a difference.

• Heart
I don’t blame them for wanting a clear pic of Abbie, which generally would mean holding still and looking at the camera. I mean, I have a 13 year old who never wants his pic taken, and generally I respect that. There are times when he’s dressed up or has achieved something great, and I do make him take a pic.
I do have lots of pics of him in his natural state, but I don’t fault any parent for wanting a nice pic of their kid. They definitely don’t need to be doing it as often as they do, though.
nothing wrong with wanting a nice picture of your child to share with family or to remember a moment by. The maassholes want Abbie to stay as still as possible for as long as possible as many times as possible so they can get ‘cute’ pictures of her to put on Instagram so that humpers can gawk at her, comment that she looks pretty and tell her how much they love her. Then there’s the likes + comments x views =more people find them= more money for them equation.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Give her a sensory toy asshat, why do you ignore this need. P looked hungover and like hell. Also the life skills thing was just for the camera, and they are delusional. She wouldn't pull wallpaper if she had some toys to play with in the living room.

I'm sorry for the you tattlers who are going to be near Aspig this summer. You are in my thoughts.
It's okay... somethings you just can't go into detail about. ❤ let's just move on. I like your posts just keep it about FA. It's okay.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Masterchef? That looked like a pile of vomit on a plate.

Ass reckons it doesn’t matter if Abbie doesn’t understand the concept of doing laundry, just that she has the life skills to do it. Why get her to put clothes in a washing machine and then a dryer, if she doesn’t know or grasp that the clothes are dirty and need to be cleaned. That’s not being independent. Ass is just talking through his arse as usual. Basically they’re just going to be bossing Abbie around making her do ‘chores’ and she’s not going to have a clue what’s she’s doing or why.

Discipline with Abbie should’ve started when she was a child. Teaching her life skills should’ve started when she was a child.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Selfie world had SO MANY appointments!!!! He even threw out there that they had other people working, but they needed all hands on deck. I don’t believe you asshat! There was no one there from what you showed! Not even other employees! I think big p just didn’t want to be alone so she made him come with her. He looks so stupid bragging about how they have such a big camper that there aren’t many sites they can use. I think it makes them look ignorant. Why get a huge camper for 3 people, because Isaiah isn’t there most of the time. They probably don’t even use 1/2 of it. They are gonna lug that thing and both dogs and Abby all over again, and again, only show food and drone videos.

• Sick
Reactions: 23

This is yet another reason to have a separate ipad for communication, and another source for strictly entertainment. My son has his computer or kindle for all his youtube watching, and his ipad is only for communication. That way, yes, I can take away his youtube WITHOUT taking away his communication! Also, instead of just sending him to his room as "punishment", I basically choose to simply deny fun requests (such as youtube or music) and go over the WHY by using his AAC, and if he has made a mess, he cleans it up. If he is trying to fill a sensory need (such as ripping), we have things like construction paper or empty boxes that we just let him rip all he wants. I have empty cardboard boxes in his room right now that he can rip whenever he feels like it. He has sensory toys available as well. He went through a peeling phase and I racked my brain trying to think of something he could actually peel and not be destructive. I ended up just covering a big plastic lid with all types of duct tape and he'd sit and peel all of it off-fulfilling that need. Is it 100% fool proof? No. But it helped to get that need fulfilled without him getting into trouble.

• Heart
Masterchef? That looked like a pile of vomit on a plate.

Ass reckons it doesn’t matter if Abbie doesn’t understand the concept of doing laundry, just that she has the life skills to do it. Why get her to put clothes in a washing machine and then a dryer, if she doesn’t know or grasp that the clothes are dirty and need to be cleaned. That’s not being independent. Ass is just talking through his arse as usual. Basically they’re just going to be bossing Abbie around making her do ‘chores’ and she’s not going to have a clue what’s she’s doing or why.

Discipline with Abbie should’ve started when she was a child. Teaching her life skills should’ve started when she was a child.
It looked disgusting. I recognized the eggs, obviously…but what was that other stuff? Corned beef hash? ICK! 😾
What is wrong with just eggs? No wonder they are huge. Ignorance is bliss. They will never comprehend cause and effect. I look forward to watching them get bigger and bigger. Hopefully a family member or the like will step in and advocate for Abbie’s health before it is too late.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Abbie has always made this face, without anyone teaching her. They call it her "fight face"...it's the expression she makes when she is pissed off and about to start fighting with them. What makes me sad about Assa posing with her like that is that he's basically making fun of his daughter for being mad...he sees his child is frustrated and angry, and instead of doing something to solve the problem, he thinks "Let me pose for a picture for Facebook engagement!" He's a bleeping douche.

I honestly don't believe the "Priscilla won't let him talk to his other daughter" narrative. He doesn't want anything to do with that child either, and Priscilla goes along with everything he says...or she has until recently, since becoming a "girlboss" has given her the courage to rebel.
Oh I totally agree he wants NOTHING TO DO WITH HER but I also think P is mortified by the fact that he knocked someone else up and she does not want that reminder in her face or in the forefront of their lives...it BOTHERS HER...IT BOTHERS HER A LOT

• Heart
  • Sad
Oh I totally agree he wants NOTHING TO DO WITH HER but I also think P is mortified by the fact that he knocked someone else up and she does not want that reminder in her face or in the forefront of their lives...it BOTHERS HER...IT BOTHERS HER A LOT
And because that daughter is normal as well, P doesn't like that because she was meant to have that child.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Wallpaper Vlog Observations

0:00 - 2:00 Goundhog day yet again. Hungover, grease on the stove, TV room in shambles, Abbie pacing like a caged lion. Planning honk across America version 2.0. I thought Piggy was not traveling anymore. Who knows with these nimrods.

2:00 - 4:00 Hand over hand laundry chores. Poor Abbie has NO IDEA what to do after YEARS of practice.

4:00 - 5:30 Blah blah learning life skills blah blah

5:30 - 5:45 Asshole asks Abbie to put away dishes. Abbie says no. Allllllrighty then.

5:45 - 6:00 Asshole pushed a keyboard button. Riveting content.

6:00 - 6:18 Special Acheivement Award goes to Piggy for 18 seconds of mopping SW flooring. I know 18 seconds is short but it was time lapsed so maybe a half hour. It looked like the mop was a crutch but whatever.

6:18 - The End Abbie's regression reared its ugly head again but it gave the vlog a title. Asshole started blathering reasons etc but his voice turned into Charlie Brown's teacher AGAIN so I turned the video off.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I love love love when Asa is babbling on and on and he has to stop himself and clarify something for the tattlers. Talking about he and Priscilla both have to work a selfie world on Valentine’s Day because it’s gonna be so so busy, then he stops and says “I mean we have other workers there, not just us” Sure, Jan… And they better get ready for a lot more behaviors like wallpaper shredding if they’re going to have her homeschooled. She’s bored because U2 have your bleeping faces in your phones, just get ready, she’s going to tear that place down

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
So busy at Spankies yet not one customer tagged photo with the exception of all the teeny bopper gymnasts. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Hope none of my fellow UK Tattlers are in the worst predicted storm area. If you are, I do hope things aren't too bad.
I have been thinking exactly the same this evening. It doesn’t look good for the south west particularly! Thankfully I’m up north so I think we only have 60mph winds forecast for here so fingers crossed shouldn’t be too bad. The news panicked me though I thought I better prepare something but I had no idea what, so I filled a couple of plastic bottles with water, other than that I have torches and plenty of candles! I hope any of you that are in the worst hit areas are better prepared than me 😬 keep safe people!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Take a look at this. A picture is worth a thousands words right? THIS is sad. Like @Geopie stated..laundry..no idea what to do after years of practice. Take a hard look at Ass’ face. He knows it. He knows this is some bullshit he is forcing his IDD daughter to do for content.
Do I think it is good for him to get her off the couch and move her body? YES. I agree she should be involved. Just stop trying to push the narrative that she comprehends it now, so she can maybe…posssibly..hopefully…do it independently later.
It is CONTENT. Not life skills. It always has been. Even Sandy knows it.
FF98DECF-32E0-45B4-BACF-38F152A290B8.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.