Fathering Autism #109 Please be kind to Asa's poor wife, Next stop for her is 600 lb life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My teen is probably more excited to decorate the tree than when little. He just says tit and hopes it sticks. They are so OUT OF TOUCH about family life, parenting and how much experience people have raising kids. He flatters himself... always. While discounting our experience
That's true, I remember my friends and I being more excited to do Christmas things when we were in high school and college, especially because we often had to wait till Christmas break started (and finals were over) to really start celebrating.

Asa's understanding of human relationships is like Priscilla's understanding of clothing, makeup, and interior design...he can look at and identify things that are normal or desirable, but he can't correctly copy them, because he misses out on all the nuances. His "too old to decorate" thing maybe started with a kernel of truth...which is that teens and young adults don't participate in as many holiday traditions with their families as they get older. But that's not because they've grown out of being excited, it's because they've grown into having things like friends and responsibilities and jobs. None of which anyone in the Maass family has...and Asa isn't capable of paying enough attention to other humans beings to even begin to imagine an experience outside of his own, so he just chalks it up to a simplistic explanation of the kids being "too old."

• Heart
Reactions: 28
He is just LAZY! He doesn’t want to do anything that will make him do something extra.. I mean he is ok with P decorating for fall/thanksgiving… he wasn’t a Butt itch about that! All that “too old to decorate “ was for content ONlLY! That was all!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Even though my daughter, being Jewish, did not grow up decorating a Christmas tree, she loves Christmas. Her tree is up before Thanksgiving and taken down immediately on December 26th. She has a wreath on her door, tinsel in her house and Christmas lights outside. She enjoys it immensely even though she didn’t grow up with it and she will probably always decorate for it, at any age. My rambling point is that I believe people do not outgrow decorating for Christmas and usually continue the tradition throughout their life. Abbe does not understand the world around her and this includes Christmas and decorations. She did not outgrow it. I wish the Maass’s would stop covering up her ID and the typical teenager bullshit. They believe their own lies. Pisses me off!
Happy Hanukkah to your daughter. A lot of us Jews love Christmas, we look at it in a secular way. It's not about Jesus being born, it's not about anything Christian in our eyes. It's about the decorations, the presents, the being around family and there's something magical about Santa. Some people say Santa is about Saint Nicholas, but to me he's a fictional character. It's not religious to me. It's just fun. There's a lot of Jewish people like me who feel the same way. Happy Holidays to everyone!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Happy Hanukkah to your daughter. A lot of us Jews love Christmas, we look at it in a secular way. It's not about Jesus being born, it's not about anything Christian in our eyes. It's about the decorations, the presents, the being around family and there's something magical about Santa. Some people say Santa is about Saint Nicholas, but to me he's a fictional character. It's not religious to me. It's just fun. There's a lot of Jewish people like me who feel the same way. Happy Holidays to everyone!
Thank you! I love Christmas Day, but not the Christmas month-long season - way too commercialized for me. I like Christmas movies as well. I plan to watch Scrooge (1951), Its a Wonderful Life, Oliver, Christmas Vacation, and of course, Bing Crosby Specials. That's my type of Christmas. :) And Happy Holidays to all my Tattle friends - whichever holiday you celebrate!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Neither of them can accept that Abbie is profoundly IDD and instead dress it up with 'typical' bollocks. Abbie hasn't outgrown anything, it's just that Ass can't see what is in front of him; his severely IDD autistic 16 year old daughter didn't know how to hang a christmas ornament on the tree. That is the truth of it. Quit lying to yourself and everyone else.

Also, I was just wondering how long it will take until the beast reaches 600 pounds?! She's already stuffed herself into every chair in the house and seems to be outgrowing everything. I want to see that fat witch on my 600 pound life before I die!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Neither of them can accept that Abbie is profoundly IDD and instead dress it up with 'typical' bollocks. Abbie hasn't outgrown anything, it's just that Ass can't see what is in front of him; his severely IDD autistic 16 year old daughter didn't know how to hang a christmas ornament on the tree. That is the truth of it. Quit lying to yourself and everyone else.

Also, I was just wondering how long it will take until the beast reaches 600 pounds?! She's already stuffed herself into every chair in the house and seems to be outgrowing everything. I want to see that fat witch on my 600 pound life before I die!
The Massives dont face up to reality... about their daughter, about P's weight.... about anything. I cant figure out if they are really deluded and P thinks she looks "cute" ..or they just want their HUMPERS to believe their lies.

They cant "educate" about autism and live in this deluded world that Abbie has "outgrown" things ..and that is why she cant do them.. not because of her profound IDD. The delusion keeps them from helping Abbie to be
the most functional she can.. because they are so out of touch. Their delusion keeps them from connecting with Abbie where she is. Abbie does not have BFF's..she has respite.. do they believe these lies?

Its scary that parents with autistic children really watch them for advise..I hope most of them have dropped out by now. I would think being so severely deluded about the state of your child helps them at all.

P's delusion about her weight ... editing her pics to make her look like she wants to look..instead of actually putting in the work and get her weight under control .... P will never get in shape if she keeps the delusion. Watch my 600 lb life and see some others with severe delusions about their weight and how they eat as well..

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I think for the majority of people who celebrate Christmas it is completely secular- well it certainly is in the uk. There’s some acknowledgement that it’s a religious festival but it’s just nice having the decorations, parties and family time in the depths of the winter darkness. I usually try to go to church at some point for a carol service but it’s more of a nostalgia/tradition thing- I grew up going to church and I love the Christmassy feeling of being in church singing Christmas carols. Merry Christmas tattlers however you celebrate!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
If you didn’t know they were invited, Asa mentions vip 6 times in the first 5 minutes
One thing that any authentic restaurant/food reviewer knows...you only review food that you actually paid for. I follow a number of Disney vloggers, and they all say the same thing. They will not report on food they were comped, as the positive review may seem biased or "paid for." All of them note before they begin their review that they paid for the meal they are about to critique. If they have been comped a meal, they mention that and don't review it. Most of these vloggers are invited to many events and have many opportunities, but choose to be authentic. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it ASS-a. He's so unschooled on these things he actually mentions in his review something about the food being free - bragging as usual - but doesn't realize that actually took the credibility of his review down significantly.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
1638717220010.png

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I have two daughters that are teenagers around Abbie’s age. My older one couldn’t wait for our tree to go up and couldn’t wait to decorate it! My younger one helped her with the ornaments because the older one had fine motor grip issues. Both girls are on the Spectrum…
This week has been all hands on Christmas, making snacks and cookies for the upcoming winter break with them. My boys have joined in too. So, sorry that I have been missing…
There was years ago that they struggled with the concept and change within the house but now embrace it, as much as they can..
So, no, A&P, teenagers don’t outgrow Christmas. Your fake narrative is bull crap. Abbie rarely does light up but for food and you’ll made her this way. She could have enjoyed the holidays and all the activities, with work from you’ll but you literally have done her the worst disservice, by making her food dependent.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Even though my daughter, being Jewish, did not grow up decorating a Christmas tree, she loves Christmas. Her tree is up before Thanksgiving and taken down immediately on December 26th. She has a wreath on her door, tinsel in her house and Christmas lights outside. She enjoys it immensely even though she didn’t grow up with it and she will probably always decorate for it, at any age. My rambling point is that I believe people do not outgrow decorating for Christmas and usually continue the tradition throughout their life. Abbe does not understand the world around her and this includes Christmas and decorations. She did not outgrow it. I wish the Maass’s would stop covering up her ID and the typical teenager bullshit. They believe their own lies. Pisses me off!
We usually decorate the day after thanksgiving and leave everything up until January 6th which is the Feast of the Epiphany (signals the official end of Christmas). This year we are behind as my wife is in a deep depression over the passing of her mother (sept 6th). I’m trying to do things to keep the spirit (of Christmas) alive but it’s been hard. Its hard to talk about and even harder keeping it bottled up inside. I’m doing my best to keep our 11 yr old in the spirit as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
We usually decorate the day after thanksgiving and leave everything up until January 6th which is the Feast of the Epiphany (signals the official end of Christmas). This year we are behind as my wife is in a deep depression over the passing of her mother (sept 6th). I’m trying to do things to keep the spirit (of Christmas) alive but it’s been hard. Its hard to talk about and even harder keeping it bottled up inside. I’m doing my best to keep our 11 yr old in the spirit as well.
I'm an only child and when my Dad died in 2000, my Mother and I were devastated and couldn't face Christmas without him. We decided to go away and that became our new tradition. Every year we would go to Las Vegas for 10 days and go to shows, shop and enjoy ourselves. We did that until it got to be too much for my Mom. I know that having an 11 year at home would make it difficult to do that, but maybe you could start a new tradition of going to a Christmas show or festival that you haven't done before? The first year of loss is horrible, I will keep your family in my prayers🙏♥

• Heart
I'm so sorry Derr. I know exactly where your wife is at this moment. I just had a FB memory come up - 7 years ago to the day - my kids were so upset that I was too down to begin the decorating (my father had passed just a few weeks prior) that they took it upon themselves to bring all (we have many) of the bins down from the attic to give me a little head start. It was all I needed to see my way through my despair to fill my home with beauty and warmth in the form of our beloved decorations. My advice to you and your child would be to try to get started and some Christmas magic will appear to help you to finish. I think it will help your wife as well. Best of luck ❤

• Heart

I use to watch another vlogger - "Life By Jen" (channel is renamed to Jennifer Gwen Ann). She has been hospitalized since August 15th. She weighed, when admitted to the facility - 675 pounds! Since hospitalized, she has had sepsis, very high blood sugar, impacted bowel, and a few UTIs. She has updated her vlog a few times, but has not updated since early October (I believe). There is a rumor that she might not be with us anymore. This woman has tried every diet under the sun, keto, etc. She always failed because of her food addiction. I don't know if Cilla would ever get to this point, however its possible. Very sad!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Yeah, my dad and I decorated the tree together while my mom made Christmas Eve dinner (waiting till the last minute was kind of our "thing" 😂)
as a child my mom’s family always put their tree up Christmas Eve. I guess back then, the trees were all real. Taken down on the 12th day of Xmas or 6th marking the epiphany…

Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate! There is a smallish part of a neighbourhood near me that decorates like this…. Beautiful.

C6A431F9-D532-4C9D-ADCD-6A5FFB38D069.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I use to watch another vlogger - "Life By Jen" (channel is renamed to Jennifer Gwen Ann). She has been hospitalized since August 15th. She weighed, when admitted to the facility - 675 pounds! Since hospitalized, she has had sepsis, very high blood sugar, impacted bowel, and a few UTIs. She has updated her vlog a few times, but has not updated since early October (I believe). There is a rumor that she might not be with us anymore. This woman has tried every diet under the sun, keto, etc. She always failed because of her food addiction. I don't know if Cilla would ever get to this point, however its possible. Very sad!

Heart failure and apparently she died. There was an interview with Dr Now,

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm an only child and when my Dad died in 2000, my Mother and I were devastated and couldn't face Christmas without him. We decided to go away and that became our new tradition. Every year we would go to Las Vegas for 10 days and go to shows, shop and enjoy ourselves. We did that until it got to be too much for my Mom. I know that having an 11 year at home would make it difficult to do that, but maybe you could start a new tradition of going to a Christmas show or festival that you haven't done before? The first year of loss is horrible, I will keep your family in my prayers🙏♥
This is what my mom and I stumbled upon when we decided not to put up a tree the Christmas after my dad died...at first I just said I didn't feel like doing it because it was always a thing I did with him, and she agreed. We just put a a couple of small decorations out so that we weren't totally skipping Christmas...and then we kept seeing little trees in various stores, and kept buying them, and after a while we had quite a big collection and a new tradition. After a couple years we actually talked about how just tossing out the "old way" of doing Christmas, and starting to do something totally new instead, was what helped us get back in the Christmas spirit...if we had gone back to doing all the same stuff, there would have been a huge dad-shaped hole in it, but because we did something different there wasn't as much emptiness.

The first year is definitely hard though. Honestly, even after the first year it's still...just different. My mom died in 2018, shortly after Christmas, and I'm still not back in the Christmas spirit. I've just been kind of going with the flow and doing different things the past few years, and I have faith that I'll eventually settle into a rhythm again. My thoughts are with you and your wife @der1117. I don't know if this is necessarily all that helpful, but I feel like what worked best for me was to accept that the first year or so is going to suck. It just will, it doesn't have to be a good Christmas, you can decide to sit it out for this year if you want.

• Heart

That is the thing people don't understand... no "diet " will ever work. You have to change your relationship with food, and that takes a combination of therapy and dietician/nutritionist guidance for most. This is true for any eating disorder. Because it is a mental health issue. If diets worked there would not be a diet industry. And a lot of them are not safe or mentally healthy.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yes because we hardly ever see Asshat's mom and what I do remember she was really good with Abbie.
I have been watching their vlogs for well over a year now and just was looking at ones from 3-4 years ago. I found it ironic that there is one entitled “How to get absent fathers involved”. I was floored! He knew damn well when he made this video that he himself was an absent father to his first daughter. He lied thru his teeth making it appear that he was such a hero for being engaged in his autistic daughters life. He is truly a piece of sh*t. Guess he never thought when he started posting videos on the internet his past would come back to haunt him. I really hope one day his first daughter will show up at his door wanting answers. P would literally have a stroke.
I remember that. He is such a piece of tit.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.