Fathering Autism #107 Full-size candy from small-size minds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Uh, what?? My 17 yr old son with autism is on a 2-4 yr old level. He will never be intimate with anyone unless he is sexually abused-and God help the person if I ever find out that is happening. My 22yr old is in a committed relationship and just had a baby. :unsure: Thanks, but we've got it.
Surely there are picture books or materials targeted at that age group to help with body safety, etc? There was a famous disability rights advocate called Dave Hingsburger who talked about this - https://www.openfuturelearning.org/blog/index.php/god-finally-shut-him-up-dave-hingsburger/

I had to go back and see who this post was in reference to LOL! I KNOW my boys have all those hormones and urges-even the one with autism. We've taught him where it was appropriate to do all the private things many years ago now. That would be a subject that A&P could address with their audience. Teens/Adults with ID/ASD etc have the same sexual urges and desires we all do. How have they dealt with that aspect of puberty? Or have they just ignored it and think that Abbie doesn't have those feelings?
What was it? It’s gone now 😳

Reactions: 6
Think she has a video... but has made it a lot on vlog too. Its just a tit load of hamburger, can tomato sauce, and dry Italian seasoning blend... there may be an onion involved also... honestly didn't pay attention because my 13 yo can cook better than her...

Ok I found it... if anyone REALLY wants to know.

Notice how she used to say "welcome" like a normal person back then.

At least she had the decency to call it "meat sauce" and not "bolognese." Probably because she doesn't know what bolognese is, but still...

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’ve gotta say, seeing these pictures brings it home to me how absolutely ghastly it must be to live with poor Abbie.. Hats off to parental love for anyone in This situation as the empty haunted eyes and lack of expression would tear at my heart every single day. . I have no idea why so many thousands of people have enjoyed following this seriously disabled young girl. apart from the handful who have autistic children themselves, which must be less than 5% would be my guess.

Reactions: 22
I don’t know if this has been brought up before but as a WLS patient she should be much smaller. They say you lose 80% of your extra weight. I was sleeved three years ago and I’m still losing and not in a good way. I had three deaths in the family that put me off the tiny appetite I have. I just look at her and wonder. Did she stop at 100lbs lost?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
While I agree that Abbie has put on some weight, especially around her belly. She is still no where near as big as P. Not even close. These are some recent pics (taken from vlogs within the past few weeks) and the size difference is quite obvious. Plus, when the vlogs first started, Abbie was like 12 yrs old. So, of course she was going to be a lot skinnier then than she is now. Yes, there have been a few times where Abbie's face looked puffy. I think that's most likely a result of her bad sleep schedule and likely a side effect of some of her meds. But she's still at LEAST 200 - 250lbs smaller than Princess P.

34895h4325987 ii.jpg

Screenshot.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The beast is carrying around 400 pounds on a 5 ft frame that is supposed to hold 120 pounds and she's wondering why her feet hurt?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Sh
I don’t know if this has been brought up before but as a WLS patient she should be much smaller. They say you lose 80% of your extra weight. I was sleeved three years ago and I’m still losing and not in a good way. I had three deaths in the family that put me off the tiny appetite I have. I just look at her and wonder. Did she stop at 100lbs lost?
She might have lost 100 lbs (or she may have exaggerated her number) but she has gained every bit back and more in the course of a year. - and still gaining. Very dangerous

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Her weight is discussed regularly here. She not only stopped at the 105 pounds she claims to have lost, she’s gained all of that back and probably more. She completely denies having gained back even an ounce. With the massive portions she eats, plus the constant drinking of alcohol, weight gain was inevitable.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Her weight is discussed regularly here. She not only stopped at the 105 pounds she claims to have lost, she’s gained all of that back and probably more. She completely denies having gained back even an ounce. With the massive portions she eats, plus the constant drinking of alcohol, weight gain was inevitable.
The main thing about this type of operation is that the work you do post op is UP TO YOU. Yes, have your stomach reduced but if you don't have a mind re-set and reach out for the food in the same "old" way, it doesn't have a chance in hell of working. This is why she should have had serious counselling pre op and post. And yes, I know. I'm one of them that works my arse off every day post op not to slip back into my toxic damaging ways. You learn an awful lot about yourself on this journey and boy it's worth it! ......I'm guessing that she was just too lazy/thick/uneducated to actually DO THE WORK. She is ripe for her knees to go before too long, or for chronic blood pressure issues and/or type two diabets. And then she'll be squealing like a , well, you know what she'll be squealing like dont you folks

• Heart
  • Sad
The comments that Abbie is well on her way to being as big as that sow are speculation.
Speculation based on what is reasonable to believe.
Abbie has definitely put on weight recently and I don't apologize for seeing it and saying it. Nor should anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The comments that Abbie is well on her way to being as big as that sow are speculation.
Abbie has definitely put on weight recently and I don't apologize for seeing it and saying it. Nor should anyone.
I am expressing my opinion on the subject, just as others have done. That's part of discussing a topic, isn't it? Having different opinions?
I agree that Abbie has put on weight and I even said so. It was the first line of my post. Yes, it is reasonable to believe that with a diet full of junk food and very little physical exercise etc that Abbie will gain weight. I just disagree with some speculation that insinuates or implies that she's a lot closer to being P's weight than she is.
I don't think anyone should apologize for their point of view either. Never said they should. I believe everyone has the right to voice their opinions.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I agree. it's obvious Abbie is putting on weight. Abbie will NOT get any taller, she does not move around much, and the amount of horrible food she is given is going to have a serious impact on her health and her weight. Look at Isaiah and Summer. Both of them were getting bigger, but as soon as they left, they started to lose weight. Asa and Piggy are disgusting gluttons, and Abbie is along for the ride and loves it. Abbie's life doesn't consist of much, and food is on the top of that list.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I am expressing my opinion on the subject, just as others have done. That's part of discussing a topic, isn't it? Having different opinions?
I agree that Abbie has put on weight and I even said so. It was the first line of my post. Yes, it is reasonable to believe that with a diet full of junk food and very little physical exercise etc that Abbie will gain weight. I just disagree with some speculation that insinuates or implies that she's a lot closer to being P's weight than she is.
I don't think anyone should apologize for their point of view either. Never said they should. I believe everyone has the right to voice their opinions.
I have seen ONE…one insinuation that Abbie is “catching up” to Pig. As far as I can tell, nobody here is insinuating she is close to the same size. She is not the same size. Not yet anyways. Pretty sure we all have the ability to see that. 👍🏼

• Heart
Surely there are picture books or materials targeted at that age group to help with body safety, etc? There was a famous disability rights advocate called Dave Hingsburger who talked about this - https://www.openfuturelearning.org/blog/index.php/god-finally-shut-him-up-dave-hingsburger/

What was it? It’s gone now 😳

A PSA on teaching our boys about sex and making sure they always have access to condoms and whatnot. They claimed not to be talking about my boys specifically, but it was referring to my post about being glad I didn't have to deal with menstruation and autism.

I'm still glad I don't have to deal with that. On top of all his other issues, that is at least one thing that worked in his/our favor. The fact that he is a boy and doesn't have a uterus that bleeds once a month and hormones that go haywire at that time is a blessing in disguise. I am honestly ready to be done with puberty, but he's still got a little ways to go yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I have seen ONE…one insinuation that Abbie is “catching up” to Pig. As far as I can tell, nobody here is insinuating she is close to the same size. She is not the same size. Not yet anyways. Pretty sure we all have the ability to see that. 👍🏼
I've seen more than one. 🤷‍♀️ I am talking about comments about Abbie "really chunking up" or "really packing on the pounds" etc mixed in with references to Princess P. To me, it makes Abbie sound a lot heavier/bigger than she actually is. That's just my opinion. You have a different opinion and that's cool. It's all good.

(y)

Again, just to be clear, I fully believe everybody has the right to their own opinion and the right to express that opinion. Even if I disagree with it. There is nothing wrong with seeing things differently and also not agreeing on everything all the time.

MOD EDIT;
everyone move on, hit ignore on users you don’t like/agree with, stop arguing and stop engaging.

If you don’t agree with a post, respectfully add your opinion if necessary and move on.
report when a rule break occurs.
thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
LMAO! 😹 Moobs expression.
Hey Perciller…new sign? Oh No! The snout rub stim!
It’s Baaaaaaack!🐽
Yep and when she is in full makeup..
I really believe that she is allergic to SmileLife makeup. She would never admit to it, unless the minute she finally wakes up and sees the light. But, there is stuff in most of it, that you can be allergic to..

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
The posts I have seen about Abbie's weight lean more towards she is gaining, her diet is not apt to change any time soon as is her calorie expenditure..add that in with all the meds she takes that some do cause weight gain, lack of muscle tone..its going to be an upward trend that will be very had to put a stop too.

I dont think anyone thinks she is in anywhere near the ballbark of P's weight... P is extremely obese.. Abbie is probably just beginning to be overweight. Its just a trend that has started that with the Massives parenting ...will not stop. She COULD at some point be in P's weight category.... she is trending in that direction.

• Sad
  • Heart
Uh, what?? My 17 yr old son with autism is on a 2-4 yr old level. He will never be intimate with anyone unless he is sexually abused-and God help the person if I ever find out that is happening. My 22yr old is in a committed relationship and just had a baby. :unsure: Thanks, but we've got it.
For a decade I worked with men who were aged 18 and up who had all varieties of developmental disabilities. There were some that didn't, but most of them displayed some pretty serious hormonal/sexual aggression.
One fellow would use anything he could to the point where (trying to be delicate here) certain parts were badly injured. A book. A model airplane. A door left ajar. The space between the toilet seats... you get the idea...
The others often couldn't keep their hands off themselves and they didn't care where they were.
The females were not much different. Hormones are awfully powerful. Add to that zero understanding of the possible consequences.
A person can have the mental age of a 9 year old but they can still have the hormonal level of a 19 year old.
In the ten years I worked there, and despite our best efforts, there were two pregnancies... that I knew about. The outcome of those pregnancies were not good.
It can and does happen.

• Sad
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.