Fathering Autism #107 Full-size candy from small-size minds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tonight's vlog: This is fucked up. He is even using the psychiatrist in the vlog to promote Abridge.

F-Upped indeed! Also, did AssA let the new psychiatrist know that he was recording her for the vlog and on Abridge? Was SHE allowed informed consent? Or was it the usual “We’re big time YouTube influencers sharing our knowledge and enlightenment with the world and hawking a sponsor video on the doctor’s precious time?!” I hope the doctor plays her hand if she was not informed.

And AssA, you’re not in high school or university, Dude, so why all the frequent “Clutch!” explanations lately? I work with college students every day and they don’t even bother using the expression. And they bathe more frequently, too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
F-Upped indeed! Also, did AssA let the new psychiatrist know that he was recording her for the vlog and on Abridge? Was SHE allowed informed consent? Or was it the usual “We’re big time YouTube influencers sharing our knowledge and enlightenment with the world and hawking a sponsor video on the doctor’s precious time?!” I hope the doctor plays her hand if she was not informed.

And AssA, you’re not in high school or university, Dude, so why all the frequent “Clutch!” explanations lately? I work with college students every day and they don’t even bother using the expression. And they bathe more frequently, too.
What does clutch mean?

Reactions: 11
You can tell without a doubt Ab is happier with her mom gone. When they were both gone the girl was a totally different per. Slept all night (even slept in late) and seem super relaxed and engaged. I think it was because she was kept active and busy... not left to rot on a couch. Also was being actively engaged and interacted with... then add in not having a camera in her face constantly and forced to perform.
Exactly what I was thinking. If ceilings cause her anxiety do they not consider a camera always shoved in her face makes her anxious? Stupid people!

Reactions: 20
Hey A & P, you might be able to cut down on some of her pharmas if you'd give medical cannabis a try. I believe you only tried some CBD you ordered from somewhere a few years back. There is so much more to cannabis than just CBD. I find it kind of ironic that you and big P seemed so against medication at the beginning that you wouldn't jump at the chance to possibly reduce some of her meds with this lovely plant. But what would I know about any of this with having my own teenager with severe autism??? LOL Also, regarding the ceiling thing. It only seems to be ceilings that she is not familiar with. She is fine going into the convenience store, selfie wrld, school, etc because those are places that she is likely at every single day. No easy "fix" to this other than just taking things slowly. If she's anxious about going to the grocery store or something, use one of those carts where she can sit down and feel a bit "grounded". I do that with my son and I honestly don't give a duck if it glares that he is "special needs" at all. If it helps him, then we do it. We used one of those special carts a few weeks ago when his tics were making it a bit hard for him, and someone said "So that's what those carts are for! I've never seen anyone actually use them before. That's terrific!"

• Heart
Reactions: 21
đŸ€Ł Wtf.

Although, aside from the witch's-broom earrings, that's kind of a good look for her. I like both the cardigan and the glasses. Proving yet again that Ass may be the only member of this family with a modicum (and I do mean just a modicum) of style.
I bet she thinks she looks “cute”. Lol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
😂 😂😂

View attachment 850354

@Cardinal Rule
OMG...I'm dying at your Big P faces, most awesome!!!!đŸ€Ł:LOL:😂😂😂

I borrowed two of your creations and now present to you Bip P and her equally awkward sister!! đŸ€”đŸ€Ł:LOL::m:m
View attachment 851023

Yikes, a head injury, :eek:I am trying to remember if I saw you mention this?? I hope you are doing OK!! ♄

Regarding DST, I don't mind falling back as much as I dislike springing ahead. I absolutely hated falling back an hour when I worked midnights and equally hated springing ahead when I was on days. đŸ„ŽđŸ˜”
The good news is after a day, we are used to our new routine, and just when we get used to it, it's time to change the time again!! 😂😂
Thank you, @Whimsical. My forehead caught a professional baseball pitcher’s 90+ mph fastball at close range when his catcher missed. It has changed my life. Injury pre-pandemic but rehab therapies were abruptly halted for nine months due to the pandemic. Providers and their staff keep changing due to the stress of working in healthcare. Amazingly a one year waiting list for additional services. Working full time remains a challenge and requires much recovery each day. Trying to keep things positive. Continuing to be a fierce advocate to progress to a better quality of life.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
In the short video, Asshat says:

"We all do our own things, in our time."

It's a horrible shame you don't practice what you preach. You NEVER let Abbie do things in her own time. Whether it's figuring out something on her ipad, a table task, or just something like playing with a toy (which is supposed to be FUN, for duck sake). You never let Abbie figure it out for herself. You're always RIGHT THERE to make sure she does it the correct way in the least amount of time as possible. You are SUCH a hypocrite and major control freak! For example, that fishing game that Abbie has, she enjoys just watching the fish move and listening to the sound they make as they rattle around. But no, she's not allowed to enjoy it in her own way, she HAS to play with the toy the 'right' way.
You have zero patience waiting for Abbie to figure something out for herself. Despite how many claims you make to the contrary. It's clear in your actions that you have no patience and absolutely no interest in allowing Abbie to do her own thing, in her own time.

To borrow one of your favorite sentiments -- get bent.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

I hope the psychiatrist takes a look at the vlogs because that would be very eye-opening. I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see her reaction and I'm sure she would have reams and reams of notes.

Thank you, @Whimsical. My forehead caught a professional baseball pitcher’s 90+ mph fastball at close range when his catcher missed. It has changed my life. Injury pre-pandemic but rehab therapies were abruptly halted for nine months due to the pandemic. Providers and their staff keep changing due to the stress of working in healthcare. Amazingly a one year waiting list for additional services. Working full time remains a challenge and requires much recovery each day. Trying to keep things positive. Continuing to be a fierce advocate to progress to a better quality of life.
OMG! First that had to hurt like hell or did it knock you out? Sorry that the pandemic set your therapies back. Jesus, Joseph and Mary, may all the therapies happen sooner than you anticipate.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Ok that thumb nail was gross.

regarding the doctor, unlike the other psy her image is blurred. I wonder if this is her first consult. I know loads of practioners are doing on line appointments but it seems a bit much if prescribing new meds having not met the client. You would think they’d want to at least do blood work
.Just guessing here. I think a lot of psy‘s will want to keep online to avoid face to face appointments.

During Covid we were all in the house forever
.. duck off liar. How many trips did she/them take?,

what’s with the Amazon prime box close ups? Was this sponsored by Audible? Big P was right about needing info on a dumb down basis. Anytime my kids are prescribed anything I become an annoying Google doctor expert on the drug.

Did the Doc prescribe new drugs for her? I may have missed it

thank you Krishascooties for posting vlog and everyone else that does that for us!! I always wait at least 1 hour to watch so as not to help their algo’s!

Big P and shaking the glitter out of her hair reminded me of the scene in the breakfast club and dandruff . 😀

18E68BAD-5987-466E-8F0E-D95133DBFC1E.jpeg
51E7B7DC-B71F-47B8-8F98-3337165CB061.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16

I went back and watched again, at around the 2:47 mark, he talks to her about Abridge. But, it seems like he's just telling her what it is and what it does. It didn't seem like he told her they'd been recording since the start of the session and I didn't hear him ask her permission either. Unless those two things conveniently happened off camera. The clip ends with the psychiatrist starting to say "Ok, I'll definitely look into ---"

What does clutch mean?
In slang it often is used as an exclamation for “Perfect!” “Excellent!” “Awesome!” Working with college students, I probably visit Urban Dictionary once or twice a month. 😃

I hope the psychiatrist takes a look at the vlogs because that would be very eye-opening. I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see her reaction and I'm sure she would have reams and reams of notes.

OMG! First that had to hurt like hell or did it knock you out? Sorry that the pandemic set your therapies back. Jesus, Joseph and Mary, may all the therapies happen sooner than you anticipate.
Adrenaline took over. I did not lose consciousness. While Mr. Cardinal and friends were dashing off for ice and medical support, I had other plans. I saw the pitcher at the fence looking horrified and watching me so I staggered over to him to question what happened - pitch, velocity, catcher’s challenge. I previously worked in trauma research and medical rehabilitation, so I was on autopilot collecting data. A trip to the emergency room showed no skull fracture or brain bleed, but it has been a long haul trying to restore balance, reduce pain, dizziness, nausea, insomnia, and executive functioning. Crazy for a short visit to the ballgame. It was a pre-game warm-up pitch so we never had out planned fun evening. I guess you could call it kind of a curve ball for me. 😉

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Asshat also showed us a quick screenshot of some of the meds Abbie is on:

Clonidine 2 mg (among other things it is used to treat ADHD)
Guanfacine 3 mg (also used for ADHD and other conditions)
Hydroxyzine 50mg (Is an antihistamine that has a side effect of treating anxiety)
and Ziprasidone 40mg (Is an antipsychotic primarily used for treating bipolar and schizophrenia)

I took a screen shot. Darkened it a little so it's easier to read --

2349857283956239 ii.jpg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I went back and watched again, at around the 2:47 mark, he talks to her about Abridge. But, it seems like he's just telling her what it is and what it does. It didn't seem like he told her they'd been recording since the start of the session and I didn't hear him ask her permission either. Unless those two things conveniently happened off camera. The clip ends with the psychiatrist starting to say "Ok, I'll definitely look into ---"
Oh goodness! I just looked up Florida law too and they are a two-party consent state too! Meaning, Asa could be in huge legal issues, if the psych wasn’t aware and didn’t give permission to be recorded.
Also, I know with Covid a lot of places shut down but Florida is mostly opened 100% now. New psychologist, therapists, etc., that prescribe medications, want to see their patients, in-person, before starting medications or adjusting them. Most will actually not start or adjust for phone calls or even video appointments.
So, I really believe Abbie has been seen by this doctor/therapist previously. They may have even talked about it before and took this appointment to actually say they wanted to start on the medication (which would have even been acceptable). I need to check the video out but did anyone hear the dosage? I am curious if it was mentioned.

As far as Priscilla not knowing what Abbie was taking or dosages, I would say color me shocked but it really didn’t. I literally know what all 4 kids of mine take, medicine lists, dosage amounts and when. My husband doesn’t know off hand but has a file that he can literally pull up on his phone and have available for any doctor, emergency worker, etc, and they all have medical alert bracelets with current med lists on USB drives. There is absolutely no reason for Priscilla to be this disconnected with Abbie’s daily care and this is literally daily medical care!
It scares me to think that Priscilla could be left alone with Abbie. She has absolutely no Mothering skills, isn’t able to bath her, get her to cooperate most of the time, and now, to find out that she doesn’t know what medications she takes? What if Abbie needed to go to the Emergency Room and they needed an updated medication list before giving Abbie pain killers or other medications? How would that look that her own Mother cannot even supply the list and it doesn’t seem that long (as I have 2 kids with major medical issues and their medication lists are +20 meds but I can list them all off my head).

Gosh, Asa, you want content, right there it is. Stir the drama, divorce the Pig and take the past few videos as evidence why you need 100% custody and make Priscilla pay child support “since she is such the Boss Babe“ and racking in the profits

Hydroxyzine 50mg (Is an antihistamine that has a side effect of treating anxiety)
and Ziprasidone 40mg (Is an antipsychotic primarily used for treating bipolar and schizophrenia)

View attachment 851292
All but the last one is very common..
Clonidine, very normal to take at night. It should be .2mg though.
Guanfacine 3mg, it worries me that she takes both this and Clonidine though. Both lower your blood pressure and while Clonidine comes out of the system after 8-10 hours, Guanfacine is an extended release for 24 hours. They could be really lowering her blood pressure way too much. My kids never took over 2mg because it lowered theirs too much.
Hydroxyzine 50mg is very often used for allergies and/or anxiety but doesn’t always work and in my 2 kids cases that tried it, didn’t work, for either child (for allergies or anxiety). I think that should be gone, before they start the Zoloft.
Ziprasidone, no opinion there, we haven’t had to get to this type of drug before..

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

View attachment 851292
Is Abbie Bipolar or has schizophrenia? I don't think that medication is just for behavioral issues. Is it possible schizophrenia has appeared in the past year and they've covered it up? It usually starts to appear with people in their late teens early 20's if I'm not mistaken. This just raises so many more questions.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Cardinal Rule, I am SO sorry to hear about your injury! I can’t even imagine the trauma it’s caused you. Sending you a sincere hug, and prayers for strength to get through each day.🙏💖

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Is Abbie Bipolar or has schizophrenia? I don't think that medication is just for behavioral issues. Is it possible schizophrenia has appeared in the past year and they've covered it up? It usually starts to appear with people in their late teens early 20's if I'm not mistaken. This just raises so many more questions.
It doesn't necessarily mean that she has those conditions. The medication is like a tranquilizer and works on slowing down racing thoughts and agitation which are common in bipolar and schizophrenia. It's kind of like how she's on hydroxyzine which is an antihistamine or allergy medication which has an anti-anxiety side effect. That's what they've said they use as her sleep medication.

Oh goodness! I just looked up Florida law too and they are a two-party consent state too! Meaning, Asa could be in huge legal issues, if the psych wasn’t aware and didn’t give permission to be recorded.
Also, I know with Covid a lot of places shut down but Florida is mostly opened 100% now. New psychologist, therapists, etc., that prescribe medications, want to see their patients, in-person, before starting medications or adjusting them. Most will actually not start or adjust for phone calls or even video appointments.
So, I really believe Abbie has been seen by this doctor/therapist previously. They may have even talked about it before and took this appointment to actually say they wanted to start on the medication (which would have even been acceptable). I need to check the video out but did anyone hear the dosage? I am curious if it was mentioned.

As far as Priscilla not knowing what Abbie was taking or dosages, I would say color me shocked but it really didn’t. I literally know what all 4 kids of mine take, medicine lists, dosage amounts and when. My husband doesn’t know off hand but has a file that he can literally pull up on his phone and have available for any doctor, emergency worker, etc, and they all have medical alert bracelets with current med lists on USB drives. There is absolutely no reason for Priscilla to be this disconnected with Abbie’s daily care and this is literally daily medical care!
It scares me to think that Priscilla could be left alone with Abbie. She has absolutely no Mothering skills, isn’t able to bath her, get her to cooperate most of the time, and now, to find out that she doesn’t know what medications she takes? What if Abbie needed to go to the Emergency Room and they needed an updated medication list before giving Abbie pain killers or other medications? How would that look that her own Mother cannot even supply the list and it doesn’t seem that long (as I have 2 kids with major medical issues and their medication lists are +20 meds but I can list them all off my head).

Gosh, Asa, you want content, right there it is. Stir the drama, divorce the Pig and take the past few videos as evidence why you need 100% custody and make Priscilla pay child support “since she is such the Boss Babe“ and racking in the profits

All but the last one is very common..
Clonidine, very normal to take at night. It should be .2mg though.
Guanfacine 3mg, it worries me that she takes both this and Clonidine though. Both lower your blood pressure and while Clonidine comes out of the system after 8-10 hours, Guanfacine is an extended release for 24 hours. They could be really lowering her blood pressure way too much. My kids never took over 2mg because it lowered theirs too much.
Hydroxyzine 50mg is very often used for allergies and/or anxiety but doesn’t always work and in my 2 kids cases that tried it, didn’t work, for either child (for allergies or anxiety). I think that should be gone, before they start the Zoloft.
Ziprasidone, no opinion there, we haven’t had to get to this type of drug before..
I think you may be right, it's kind of blurry but it does look like it could say .2mg for the Clonidine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
It doesn't necessarily mean that she has those conditions. The medication is like a tranquilizer and works on slowing down racing thoughts which are common in bipolar and schizophrenia. It's kind of like how she's on hydroxyzine which is an antihistamine or allergy medication which has an anti-anxiety side effect. That's what they've said they use as her sleep medication.

I think you may be right, it's kind of blurry but it does look like it could say .2mg for the Clonidine.
Yea, my kids always started off at .1 and we haven’t went past .2mg on Clonidine, which is why I know the doses. I couldn’t imagine anyone being on a super high dose like 2mg.. It would sink a battle ship..
On the schizophrenia, I wouldn’t be surprised if Abbie hasn’t been diagnosed with it. When I was in Florida last year, it seemed that half the television commercials were about medications for schizophrenia. I seen several ads on the side of the highway, talking about it too.. My daughter has a friend that lives in Florida and her sister was diagnosed at 12 years old with schizophrenia, and they were looking to move to NC for better care and I told the Mom that her diagnosis would be questioned because here, they won’t diagnose until the age of 16 (minimum) because of what all is needed to do so. In Florida though, it seems like they are starting to use it like Autism was diagnosed 10 years ago though

I am not saying Abbie is diagnosed as such and if she is, it would probably be an incorrect diagnosis. I think just the tranquilizing effect is being used but just between the Guanfacine and Clonidine, should be enough to lower her blood pressure to a level of calmness that she couldn’t function or maybe they need to use it to stop the brain from going crazy because the body is being slowed down with the blood pressure meds
 đŸ€”

In slang it often is used as an exclamation for “Perfect!” “Excellent!” “Awesome!” Working with college students, I probably visit Urban Dictionary once or twice a month. 😃

Adrenaline took over. I did not lose consciousness. While Mr. Cardinal and friends were dashing off for ice and medical support, I had other plans. I saw the pitcher at the fence looking horrified and watching me so I staggered over to him to question what happened - pitch, velocity, catcher’s challenge. I previously worked in trauma research and medical rehabilitation, so I was on autopilot collecting data. A trip to the emergency room showed no skull fracture or brain bleed, but it has been a long haul trying to restore balance, reduce pain, dizziness, nausea, insomnia, and executive functioning. Crazy for a short visit to the ballgame. It was a pre-game warm-up pitch so we never had out planned fun evening. I guess you could call it kind of a curve ball for me. 😉
I’m so sorry Cardinal. Brain trauma is no fun and sadly, it takes time and patience, which no one really has and I can’t imagine it is easy with Covid canceling appointments and then lack of care. Many prayers for healing!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.