Fathering Autism #105 Abbie already has a job, supporting three delusional slobs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isaiahs lack of "adulting" is discussed here all the time. He continues to prove that he is not capable of making any financial, educational, social, or career decisions on his own. He wont even see a doctor without calling his parents first. He needs constant guidance and oversight, right down to P loading his grocery card, and its discussed here relentlessly. His attitude and behavior is the result of that inaction and personal growth and has been frequently excused by his lack of brain development and age. I never said you said anything. But I know I cant be the only one who remembers those excuses being made here.
A LOT.

Which brings me to this little kid. I do not believe a child that young came up with they/them independently. No way. And the concept shouldnt have even been introduced to her at this age. What is the purpose of even trying to define an 8 yr old?

And Emily could have supported her child privately- not announce something so personal to the world, and be so perversely proud of it. If the other child is straight female will she get the same excited reveal to the world? Somehow, I doubt it.

Whether this decision sticks or not, its Emily who is the gross human being and crappy parent for posting about it. Shes no better than Asa. An 8 year old cant consent and understand being exploited for Mommys likes and thumbs-up's anymore than Abbie can.
I remember what you are talking about... no clue who said what though lol but yeah the fact that Isaiah is immature, and in his own way stunted, is pretty obvious... nothing of value to add on my part just letting you known you weren't alone in recalling earlier lines of conversations. 😉

I do think a child should be nurtured and supported. And encourage to discover who they are and be comfortable in their own skin. And yeah I know numerous people who knew from a very young age that they were "different." But an 8 yo going off about their pronouns... and it being such a focus that they are upset about the right ones not being used? Sounds more like moms probably go off about these things around the kids. Not that the childs feelings are not valid and shouldn't be respected but seems to me there is a greater push and influence from the parents. And I think the fact her mother posted publicly about, doing a bit of virtue signaling, makes that even more likely.

And honestly is just as much exploitation as P tossing pictures of Abby up for attention... and claiming advocacy.

Eta... wanted to add, I am part of the lgbtq+ community... and my opinions are my own lol

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Isaiahs lack of "adulting" is discussed here all the time. He continues to prove that he is not capable of making any financial, educational, social, or career decisions on his own. He wont even see a doctor without calling his parents first. He needs constant guidance and oversight, right down to P loading his grocery card, and its discussed here relentlessly. His attitude and behavior is the result of that inaction and personal growth and has been frequently excused by his lack of brain development and age. I never said you said anything. But I know I cant be the only one who remembers those excuses being made here.
A LOT.

Which brings me to this little kid. I do not believe a child that young came up with they/them independently. No way. And the concept shouldnt have even been introduced to her at this age. What is the purpose of even trying to define an 8 yr old?

And Emily could have supported her child privately- not announce something so personal to the world, and be so perversely proud of it. If the other child is straight female will she get the same excited reveal to the world? Somehow, I doubt it.

Whether this decision sticks or not, its Emily who is the gross human being and crappy parent for posting about it. Shes no better than Asa. An 8 year old cant consent and understand being exploited for Mommys likes and thumbs-up's anymore than Abbie can.

I guess I misunderstood what you meant with Isaiah. Fair point.

Considering that a great number of people in the LGBTQIA community had/have straight parents who didn't influence or indoctrinate them in regards to their sexual orientation or gender identity and yet they still turned out to be gay or trans etc, if it's who they are, then it is who they are. I know of many people who had parents who actually tried to force heterosexuality on them and they STILL turned out to be gay.

As for Emily, she did not announce this to the 'world'. That post was taken from her instagram, which I just checked, it is set to PRIVATE. I think her account was public at some point but it isn't now and I think it's been private for a while. It even says in the bio 'Private account for IRL friends & family.' I take that to mean she intended this post for friends and family, people in her immediate circle. Not the general public.

Also, what is perverse about being proud of your child discovering something about themselves?? Especially when it is something that makes your child happy and feel better about themselves?? As for the other child, if she experiences something similar or something that is a major life moment, then I would guess Emily would post about that, too.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I don't think anyone here doubts what or how a child feels about themselves. But a child that age, unless they are mensa members, would more than likely not understand the whole gender pronoun thing. Genders and gender identity aren't exactly a new concept. Kids learn from their parents or adults around them so the gender pronoun wording came from the adults around her, not from her. She may or may not feel a certain way and there's nothing wrong with that but the kid should make that choice, not her parent.
Think of it this way, the adults spew out racist or homophobic words and ideas, kids gonna pick it up and parrot it...ohhh look the adults are soooo proud of me...kid doesn't understand what it all means just that they're getting praise.
The kid may just be a tomboy and now has been pigeon holed.
Sorry for the length, it's late and I'm in pain.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Considering that a great number of people in the LGBTQIA community had/have straight parents who didn't influence or indoctrinate them in regards to their sexual orientation or gender identity and yet they still turned out to be gay or trans etc, if it's who they are, then it is who they are. I know of many people who had parents who actually tried to force heterosexuality on them and they STILL turned out to be gay.

As for Emily, she did not announce this to the 'world'. That post was taken from her instagram, which I just checked, it is set to PRIVATE. I think her account was public at some point but it isn't now and I think it's been private for a while. It even says in the bio 'Private account for IRL friends & family.' I take that to mean she intended this post for friends and family, people in her immediate circle. Not the general public.

Also, what is perverse about being proud of your child discovering something about themselves?? Especially when it is something that makes your child happy and feel better about themselves?? As for the other child, if she experiences something similar or something that is a major life moment, then I would guess Emily would post about that, too.
Oh I agree, and do not believe anyone can "make" someone be, or feel anything. But children are frequently influenced and shaped by their parents and their environment. Nature or nurture, oldest argument around. One will win out, but I do not believe an 8 year old can understand the complexities involved with a pronoun such as they without some guidance from an adult. Thats nurture. JMO.

As far as perverse, maybe I could have used a different word but no, I do not see what Emily is so proud of. As a straight female and mother of four I can never imagine myself posting "I'm so proud of Susie. She likes boys, and wants everyone to call her her!" Or- "I found a Playboy in Johnnys room! I asked and he's straight! Woo hoo!!" Nope, dont get it the pride in those, or Emilys announcement or see the need to make them.

Her insta may be set to private, but it sure ended up here. And if her "friends" list reads like most peoples....old school buddies, former co-workers, childhood friends, etc., do any of them need to know her daughters preference? Likely not.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh I agree, and do not believe anyone can "make" someone be, or feel anything. But children are frequently influenced and shaped by their parents and their environment. Nature or nurture, oldest argument around. One will win out, but I do not believe an 8 year old can understand the complexities involved with a pronoun such as they without some guidance from an adult. Thats nurture. JMO.

As far as perverse, maybe I could have used a different word but no, I do not see what Emily is so proud of. As a straight female and mother of four I can never imagine myself posting "I'm so proud of Susie. She likes boys, and wants everyone to call her her!" Or- "I found a Playboy in Johnnys room! I asked and he's straight! Woo hoo!!" Nope, dont get it the pride in those, or Emilys announcement or see the need to make them.

Her insta may be set to private, but it sure ended up here. And if her "friends" list reads like most peoples....old school buddies, former co-workers, childhood friends, etc., do any of them need to know her daughters preference? Likely not.
Sadly, I see bullying in that childs future.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't think anyone here doubts what or how a child feels about themselves. But a child that age, unless they are mensa members, would more than likely not understand the whole gender pronoun thing. Genders and gender identity aren't exactly a new concept. Kids learn from their parents or adults around them so the gender pronoun wording came from the adults around her, not from her. She may or may not feel a certain way and there's nothing wrong with that but the kid should make that choice, not her parent.
Think of it this way, the adults spew out racist or homophobic words and ideas, kids gonna pick it up and parrot it...ohhh look the adults are soooo proud of me...kid doesn't understand what it all means just that they're getting praise.
I agree, the child should make the choice. As I've said before, if these kids are being forced against their will in any way, that's definitely wrong. If Emily & Crystal were telling them 'THIS is who you are' and not allowing them to question it etc - that's wrong.
I don't get the impression that Emily and Crystal are forcing them, that's my opinion.
Granted, E&C could very well have given the child the terminology, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the child wasn't already feeling someway about themselves.
It's also quite common among the transgender community to know that they were born in the wrong body or did not identify with the the gender they were born as without having their parents tell them.

You're also right that the child could be tomboy. That's entirely possible. Ultimately, it's for them to decide. As you said.

Reactions: 10

I don't think it's so much the fact of wanting to use new pronouns itself, but that the child discovered something very life changing about themselves and letting friends/family know that this is how they want to be addressed. I see it as showing support not boasting. I guess you and I just see it differently. No big deal.

As I said before, if Emily and Crystal were forcing the kids against their will into a particular gender identity or sexual orientation then yes, that would be wrong. But, we don't know that they are in fact doing that. To me, just because the kids have short hair cuts and 'boyish' clothes, that doesn't automatically mean they are being forced into it and indoctrinated.

You're right, kids don't understand all of the nuances and complexities of sexuality or gender, but that doesn't mean that they can't question things, can't wonder, can't feel that being called a girl or being called a boy just doesn't feel right. As I said before, it also doesn't mean that they're locked in to this gender identity that they've expressed and can never change it going forward. This could just be one step on their journey. Who knows.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Damn, I feel like we are going through gendergate!

Here's one for y'all. My daughter is in eighth grade. She signed up for the school play. The permission slip had a section to fill out asking what pronoun they prefer.

I'm generation X. My daughter is happily married to a woman. I consider myself pretty down to earth and accepting. I have unconditional love for my kids. If I see a human that doesn't seem to be a stereotypical girl or a stereotypical boy I refrain from saying her or him naturally because, hell, I don't want to offend anyone.
But I admit, this pronoun deal is pretty out there to me. I just don't want to upset anyone if I say the wrong thing. How am I supposed to know? And my daughter's school. How are they supposed to keep track of all these kid's preferred pronouns?

IMO, they were called him/he a lot because of their hair, just like us bowl cut kids ages ago, and that upset the girls them and upset the ? moms? and the moms told them about gender pronouns and asked what pronoun they identified with and if they would like the dentist to put that in their paperwork. 💆‍♀️👯‍♀️🕺🕺🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️👫👭👬

Hell, maybe robots will take over and it won't matter anyway!! 🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖

BTW, one of the pronouns on the permission slip was It. Who the hell wants to be called It. That's just sad! Maybe I am just to bleeping old cause I don't get it! LOL!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Damn, I feel like we are going through gendergate!

Here's one for y'all. My daughter is in eighth grade. She signed up for the school play. The permission slip had a section to fill out asking what pronoun they prefer.

I'm generation X. My daughter is happily married to a woman. I consider myself pretty down to earth and accepting. I have unconditional love for my kids. If I see a human that doesn't seem to be a stereotypical girl or a stereotypical boy I refrain from saying her or him naturally because, hell, I don't want to offend anyone.
But I admit, this pronoun deal is pretty out there to me. I just don't want to upset anyone if I say the wrong thing. How am I supposed to know? And my daughter's school. How are they supposed to keep track of all these kid's preferred pronouns?

IMO, they were called him/he a lot because of their hair, just like us bowl cut kids ages ago, and that upset the girls them and upset the ? moms? and the moms told them about gender pronouns and asked what pronoun they identified with and if they would like the dentist to put that in their paperwork. 💆‍♀️👯‍♀️🕺🕺🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️👫👭👬

Hell, maybe robots will take over and it won't matter anyway!! 🤖🤖🤖🤖🤖

BTW, one of the pronouns on the permission slip was It. Who the hell wants to be called It. That's just sad! Maybe I am just to bleeping old cause I don't get it! LOL!
You’re correct on using “it”. I read a book years ago “A child called It”. True story written by that adult child. So sad and heartbreaking about abuse he endured by his mother. I’m apparently old too because I don’t get all this either.

A LOT.

Well, Emily is related to Asa so exploitation must run in the family. I personally think Emily’s strange and awkward in general. Hard to believe she is an attorney. What a group that whole Maass family is. Very strange family as a whole.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
A girl being a tomboy and playing with trucks or a boy wanting to play with dolls or dress up is very different than somebody who feels misgendered.

I have several transgender friends (both make to female and female to male), and all of them have said that from as far back as they can remember they felt WRONG. That they insisted on being called the other gender. We are talking about preschoolers saying this. I can’t say it’s true for everyone, but it seems very common.

They/them is newer, and seems to apply to many people. Some don’t feel like they fit either gender. I don’t know why just because someone is young, they can’t question their identity. They don’t have to learn it anywhere. It’s an innate feeling they just have. At least, that’s how it’s been explained to me by the people who experience it. I don’t have the experience, so I don’t judge it and I’m sure not going to tell somebody it’s wrong. Maybe they’ll grow out of it. Maybe they won’t. Either way, they’ll sure remember who supported how they felt.
i just wonder if the people here who are really against it/don’t really understand it, also don’t understand the difference between sex and gender.
sex=biological.
gender=Social
Yes they are still biologically a girl, nothing but surgery will change that, but even then parts of them will be female still. Gender is a social construct. The way the males and females express themselves is different for every culture and time in history. My guess is that Emily and Christal have educated them on this and ruby has looked at the way they dress, play etc and feels that it doesn’t fit the typical white western construct of what a girl is at the moment. It doesn’t mean they are transgender, it doesn’t means it can’t change, it doesn’t even mean they are non binary.

Also remember that pronouns are a language thing. a lot of languages, particularly Asian ones don’t have gendered pronouns or even pronouns at all. Also remember that some languages gender all nouns (french, Spanish etc) but German has masculine, feminine and neural I think possibly other Germanic languages too like Dutch.

you’re right children do learn from their parents, and you’re right they they may not have understood fully but I don’t think it’s right to compare to homophobic or racist views. Learning about different gender identities doesn’t harm anyone. Whether a change in gender identity is pushed on the maass kids, we don’t know. But my guess is that they are just allowing them to explore it, try it on and see if it fits? I would say that it is better to allow them this time, than to make them suppress it and call them something they don’t feel fits their experience at this moment in time. You’re right that you do need to be careful how you support them so that they are validated but also feel supported if they change their mind. I’ve mentioned it before but the saccone-joly vlogs have well and truly pushed the idea that one of their sons likes to wear dresses, only wants to play with dolls etc, I think he showed a preference at one point in time, but they don’t now give him any choice in the matter anymore they have pushed the narrative so hard, obviously all for views. The constant ‘you like to play with dolls don’t you’ ‘we’ve bought you a new princess dress’ ‘look at our son he’s changing the world’ ‘you like dressing as a girl’ They make tiktoks about him being bullied at school for wearing a dress, tiktoks of him posing with make up. It would be VERY hard for him to ever say ‘please can I play with the cars and not dolls today’

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Kind of funny how the page has moved to discussing Crystals and As sister kids( can’t remember her name) when in the past we have been told to keep it on topic of the Maass’. If we say kids cannot consent to things due to age and brain development then why the huge debate? Kids change their minds… the issue at hand should be parents learning when to shut their mouths up on social media. Not every single thing needs to be announced to the world, ESPECIALLY when it comes to what a child may be struggling with internally. It seems instead of dealing with things in house or with a medical professional these idiots throw their kids into the lions den known as the world of social opinion, and leave their kids to bear the brunt of public opinion in order for the parents to appear as amazingly understanding and woke. Kids have enough to deal with in the world.. why not allow them the comfort of privacy

Why is it the right of the parent to say anything on social media, whether set to private or not, as to what their child is going through. What did people do before having a keyboard available 24/7. Literally on a page that is against parents speaking for their child and yet somehow that is terrible for Abbie;but a pass should be given to Emily and Crystal. The fact the child spoke quietly to her mother says a lot to me… the confidence is not there to speak up…not everything a child does should be announced. What has happened to privacy? Private conversations between a child and parent, does that happen anymore?? There was truly nothing to be learned from that post… it was a private moment that should be respected by her mother.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
My most difficult thing becoming comfortable using they/them is my old age and the fact that when we conjugated verbs in grade school, the pronoun they (and them) were both plural. It sticks in my grammatical craw to use they or them for a singular person.

Anyone old like me remember conjugating verbs?

Singular: I
you
he, she, it
Plural: we
you
they

That said, I’ll use any pronoun a person prefers once asked, out of respect. But it still feels like using a plural term for a singular human. 🤷‍♀️

I need more ☕☕☕. 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Bella you’re right. sorry. it’s not simply generational, but in my experience older people and traditionalists are having an issue with. As I’m sure it was back in the 60s and 70s with the youth movement, the oldies (and the establishment) took issue with challenges and the outright rejection of social norms.
Every generation has to find their way and as they age and gain wisdom through life experiences their outlook shifts somewhat to a more traditional outlook. But ultimately they have fundamentally changed compared to the previous generation. Hopefully always to a better society. I don't care what you call yourself or who you love. The most important thing is the word love.

I can respect a parent who has a child who is compelled one way or another and expresses it. Not a parent who looks for, plants ideas and nourishes their own narrative.
I think you hit the nail on the head! What the child wants not the preference the adult wants. But, if they've heard it and emulates the adults preferences still have the child's back until they possibly change their mind. They'll let you know and just simply accept the new change and go on.

I remember what you are talking about... no clue who said what though lol but yeah the fact that Isaiah is immature, and in his own way stunted, is pretty obvious... nothing of value to add on my part just letting you known you weren't alone in recalling earlier lines of conversations. 😉

I do think a child should be nurtured and supported. And encourage to discover who they are and be comfortable in their own skin. And yeah I know numerous people who knew from a very young age that they were "different." But an 8 yo going off about their pronouns... and it being such a focus that they are upset about the right ones not being used? Sounds more like moms probably go off about these things around the kids. Not that the childs feelings are not valid and shouldn't be respected but seems to me there is a greater push and influence from the parents. And I think the fact her mother posted publicly about, doing a bit of virtue signaling, makes that even more likely.

And honestly is just as much exploitation as P tossing pictures of Abby up for attention... and claiming advocacy.

Eta... wanted to add, I am part of the lgbtq+ community... and my opinions are my own lol
Very well said. So everyone knows I was one of the commentators stating the facts about brain development. Now, Isaiah's age does not affect his ability to discern right from wrong on major issues but it's not a get out of jail card either. It appears his continued stunted development is due to helicopter Prissypoo more than Assa. It may take him longer to mature if at all.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
My most difficult thing becoming comfortable using they/them is my old age and the fact that when we conjugated verbs in grade school, the pronoun they (and them) were both plural. It sticks in my grammatical craw to use they or them for a singular person.

Anyone old like me remember conjugating verbs?

Singular: I
you
he, she, it
Plural: we
you
they

That said, I’ll use any pronoun a person prefers once asked, out of respect. But it still feels like using a plural term for a singular human. 🤷‍♀️

I need more ☕☕☕. 😂
You hit the nail on the head for this Generation X person too! I grew up this exact way and was told over and over this! I don't get it, how can a person be many people!

OMG! Most teenagers would still be at Uni, studying, going to class and maybe having a party with their friends from campus. They wouldn't rush home to have a birthday party with their parents... There is some serious co-dependence going on here.. The strings definitely need to be cut or Isaiah will never make it through school, much less is real life..

• Heart
Reactions: 26
i just wonder if the people here who are really against it/don’t really understand it, also don’t understand the difference between sex and gender.
sex=biological.
gender=Social
Yes they are still biologically a girl, nothing but surgery will change that, but even then parts of them will be female still. Gender is a social construct. The way the males and females express themselves is different for every culture and time in history. My guess is that Emily and Christal have educated them on this and ruby has looked at the way they dress, play etc and feels that it doesn’t fit the typical white western construct of what a girl is at the moment. It doesn’t mean they are transgender, it doesn’t means it can’t change, it doesn’t even mean they are non binary.

Also remember that pronouns are a language thing. a lot of languages, particularly Asian ones don’t have gendered pronouns or even pronouns at all. Also remember that some languages gender all nouns (french, Spanish etc) but German has masculine, feminine and neural I think possibly other Germanic languages too like Dutch.

you’re right children do learn from their parents, and you’re right they they may not have understood fully but I don’t think it’s right to compare to homophobic or racist views. Learning about different gender identities doesn’t harm anyone. Whether a change in gender identity is pushed on the maass kids, we don’t know. But my guess is that they are just allowing them to explore it, try it on and see if it fits? I would say that it is better to allow them this time, than to make them suppress it and call them something they don’t feel fits their experience at this moment in time. You’re right that you do need to be careful how you support them so that they are validated but also feel supported if they change their mind. I’ve mentioned it before but the saccone-joly vlogs have well and truly pushed the idea that one of their sons likes to wear dresses, only wants to play with dolls etc, I think he showed a preference at one point in time, but they don’t now give him any choice in the matter anymore they have pushed the narrative so hard, obviously all for views. The constant ‘you like to play with dolls don’t you’ ‘we’ve bought you a new princess dress’ ‘look at our son he’s changing the world’ ‘you like dressing as a girl’ They make tiktoks about him being bullied at school for wearing a dress, tiktoks of him posing with make up. It would be VERY hard for him to ever say ‘please can I play with the cars and not dolls today’
If you read what I wrote I used parents talking about a certain point of view as an example, I did not "compare" anything.
Someone can say the sky is green and the person living with them will start saying it too.
People are reading into statements what they want to and that's fine. Kids and adults have explored various feelings since the beginning of time.
I'm not, and I haven't read anyone here, saying they're against anything, call yourself what you want but be the one to make the choice what to use. People expressed an opinion.
As a side note, I don't really need to see whichever pronouns are chosen attached to an email signature, that just screams WOKE WOKE WOKE, trust me it's not going to change my opinion if you're being an asshole. If you have to constantly tell someone what you are it kind of defeats the purpose.
How about everyone is a human, oh wait not a choice.
Growing up my parents had gay friends and trans friends, I'm fully aware of the social/gender difference as are probably 99.99% of tattlers. They were friends not words. Maybe if people were more concerned with people and not pronouns things would be better.
Like @What the .... said, kinda, bring on the robots

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I said that about Issa, I'll admit it. That was more than two years ago too. They were still in the rental, before the big cash wave. Before he was spoiled rotten. Some people never grow up. I'm losing hope on him.

I'm almost sixty and have no issues over pronouns, fyi. Unless exploitation is involved.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So we're hitting this fair and art show ... maybe run into some familiar faces ... ? 😆
Take Pics! 😂 I hope you see Taj. 😻Tell them we here at Tattle love them.😂

WooWee! The weather has officially changed. A brisk day in the 60’s upcoming today. Makes feel all Fall like and Halloween-ie. Then I saw this and…AHHH! tit! it is a Ghoul…oh wait..it is just Tinkerhog the Beauty Guide! 👻☠😈🐽😈☠👻
3B0B54F2-0E80-4634-85F7-22E23E771169.jpeg

❤Happy Saturday!❤

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.