Father of Daughters #62 Just a sad little Simple Simon and his bicycle

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who else does he think is going to help his kids with Mother’s Day presents for their mother, if not THEIR FATHER?!?! I cannot fathom his thought process!

Reactions: 16
Who else does he think is going to help his kids with Mother’s Day presents for their mother, if not THEIR FATHER?!?! I cannot fathom his thought process!
He seems to have such odd expectations on his children- why would they be proactive in organising any of this?? This is why they live with you Simon - because they are not mature enough to deal with life on their own. They need help from their parents. 2 of them are literally still little girls that play with toys. His constant shaming of them exhibiting normal behaviour for their age is so unsettling. I honestly can’t get over that post. I’d be furious if I was Clemmie. I bet his Mum didn’t talk about him like this when she, no doubt, helped him put together Father’s Day celebrations.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Let’s just wait and see what happens on Father’s Day. But he’s not Clemmie’s father!! He’s not Clemmie’s father!!
No!! But he’ll expect all the gifts and make a song and dance about it. WHAT AN ODIOUS MAN

Reactions: 15
To be fair, we don't know that Clemmie has high expectations. And to be fair on the children, all of them, they don't live near enough to shops to walk to them, and they don't have a credit card which, on busy days like Mothering Sunday, you may need a credit card to make a table booking.
They live within walking distance to an asda, the town (which has a waitrose & card shop) and at the top end of their road is a row of shops with a coop & londis, Pretty sure the older one’s could walk the youngest there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
They live within walking distance to an asda, the town (which has a waitrose & card shop) and at the top end of their road is a row of shops with a coop & londis, Pretty sure the older one’s could walk the youngest there.
But the older girls aren’t their mums. They have a Dad (a grown up) who can facilitate all of this just as easily living so close to the shops and has the income that the older girls don’t. To call them lazy publicly shaming them like that is out of order IMO.

And if perhaps he’s feeling that his kids are entitled or perhaps not appreciating their parents then who could possibly be to blame for that??

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The man is a weirdo , plain and simple.
A middle aged, gormless fart constantly moaning about his extremely comfortable, privileged lifestyle , beautiful home and healthy family is just vile.
Biggest man child on Instagram.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
No, absolutely we don't know for sure that Clemmie has high expectations. The reason I wrote she seems to have high expectations is because a) we know enough about Clemmie and her ego to know that's not really too much of a stretch, and b) if he thought Clemmie would be happy with a lesser offering, he could just step away and let the girls take full responsibility, with whatever results that may bring.

Where is this to-do list of treats coming from if it's not from the girls and it's not from him?

Anyway, let's break it down:
  • Buying the cards (plural) - if they want to do a card each, then the older two should be able to do theirs independently. He would probably need to guide/help the younger two with this task, whether it's buying or making.
  • Getting the breakfast ready - if it's items they already have in the house then the four daughters should be able to manage this independently of him, with the younger ones doing the easier parts. If they're getting special items, he needs to help.
  • Booking a table for lunch out - while the eldest is no doubt capable, best an adult does this, surely? (Also maybe do it earlier than the day before when it's mother's day?!)
  • Buying and planting window flowers - there was a car boot load in the photo, so it's not like picking up a bunch from the corner shop. He needed to organise getting the flowers home. The girls could have planted them with light supervision. He's had the twins doing planting in ads before.
  • Not being sure if they made cards at school - maybe ask them?!
  • "God knows what else" - now he's just moaning for the sake of it, but if there's really more in addition to all of the above then I don't know what to say.
My point I suppose being that if this is the benchmark in their house for mother's day (whoever's expectation that is), he can't really expect the children to manage it all by themselves, and perhaps it's why they've checked out of being involved. Either adjust it to something more manageable and appropriate for the children, or get on and help them with love and care instead of begrudging the time away from the bike, or guilt tripping Clemmie, or whatever the hell he's doing.

431302464_3692156474396943_6034579056360782347_n.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
And wasn't Dig Club supposed to be doing something amazing in his front garden that we never heard mentioned again?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Those was the flower boxes he made himself for the outside.
---
Don’t think they used Dig plants in the front only back.

Reactions: 2
I just watched that story open mouthed 😮 what goes through this man’s mind?? Why did he feel the need to aggressively say ‘Clemmies not MY mum’ so much? No she isn’t but she is the woman who birthed and parents your 4 children and Mother’s Day is a day to celebrate mothers so maybe help your CHILDREN to help celebrate her.
Was just going to say this! It's a very mean-spirited and literal interpretation of Mother's Day. What's his problem?

Reactions: 4
Since his last House of Hooper #ad for Dig Club was such a roaring success with 17 comments (13 if you take off Dig Club's own comments), I'm surprised they haven't been falling over themselves to provide him with all his window box needs 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 9