Father of Daughters #62 Just a sad little Simple Simon and his bicycle

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of these days (if it hasn't started in some form already) those parent/child arguments are likely to be about how the children were victims of child exploitation.

Then let's see him try to claim it was nothing to do with him.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
What a bleep. What kind of twit says ‘I am the calm sea that parts warring parties’?.
I’m so embarrassed for him.
Has he been watching the prince of Egypt movie?

Next It will be "I am the Morning and Evening Star".

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Well well well, look who came up on my People You May Know on FB. The dangers of living in Thanet
E6543BBD-7329-4AC2-A0F7-9CF52E36BACA.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
The invisible selfie stick is off the scale ick.

How Clemmie can even look at his and his grey teeth without boaking, I’ll never know.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Noticed Clemmie turned up in a photo taken by Pandora Paloma on her stories. Wonder if that’s where Simon was headed after his bike race?

Reactions: 4
Putting in the training and organisation needed to be coming 2nd in these sort of long distance endurance races isn't a case of being "a bit selfish", it's an enormous commitment of time, energy, headspace and usually financial outlay. You don't just hop on a Tesco Value home trainer for an hour a couple of nights a week then rock up to a weekend race and beat 99% of the field.

Good for him - I guess - if he's happy to offload his responsibilities to an extreme and has the means/support to do so. Making a bit of time for yourself (if you can) is a good message, but as usual he presents it in a self-serving, self-aggrandising way without acknowledging his privilege and without noting that his investment in his hobby goes way beyond what is attainable or even desirable for most parents with young children.

LookAtMe.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Putting in the training and organisation needed to be coming 2nd in these sort of long distance endurance races isn't a case of being "a bit selfish", it's an enormous commitment of time, energy, headspace and usually financial outlay. You don't just hop on a Tesco Value home trainer for an hour a couple of nights a week then rock up to a weekend race and beat 99% of the field.

Good for him - I guess - if he's happy to offload his responsibilities to an extreme and has the means/support to do so. Making a bit of time for yourself (if you can) is a good message, but as usual he presents it in a self-serving, self-aggrandising way without acknowledging his privilege and without noting that his investment in his hobby goes way beyond what is attainable or even desirable for most parents with young children.

View attachment 2921500
I can’t even give him a “ good for you” he’s an
Insufferable bastard

Reactions: 12
sweaty skintight lycra and his blatant self adulation makes the human ick that is Simon Hooper, even more repugnant. What an utter prick.

Reactions: 17
I grew up with a dad who put in a lot of hours to be really good at his sport. We (me and my siblings) are still really resentful of how far we came down on the list of his priorities. The only time Sly spends with his children is to monetise them. Otherwise he’s on his bike.

He’s as bad a parent as Jack monroe

• Heart
Reactions: 25
If my husband spent this much time filming himself with that invisible stick I’d never have sex again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Only just watched his stories, first boo hoo that you are there on your own, because you are a sad bastard with no mates and what you expect your kids to get up at 4am for your vanity project on a bloody bank holiday . I bet he phoned mummy the moment he finished

Reactions: 11
I grew up with a dad who put in a lot of hours to be really good at his sport. We (me and my siblings) are still really resentful of how far we came down on the list of his priorities. The only time Sly spends with his children is to monetise them. Otherwise he’s on his bike.
Yes, there's a huge difference between having a hobby for (say) 2 or 3 hours a week that gives someone a healthy break, and the sort of all-consuming training that's completely out of proportion with family life.

I wonder if some of Simon's preaching of "Carve out time for yourself! Don't feel guilty!" is because he knows damn well his priorities are out of kilter so he tries to normalise it and convince himself it's just a harmless little hobby.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
If you follow him on Strava you'll know he's on his basement bike every single day, most often at kids' bedtimes, 7-8pm......... and normally for 45m to an hour

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 12