Father of daughters #60 Come on FOD dont be a dick, we know you're holding a selfie stick.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
remind me Sly you bleeping awful PRICK - which one of your consumerist girls has an entire floor dedicated to their pathetic hobby??

(TW a spindly old sweaty man on an exercise bike)
1701378710573.png

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
So he doesn’t want to buy his children any Christmas presents?? And he thinks his 8 year olds will want a charity donation in their name. Their clutter, consumerism and consumption of things has always disgusted me, but why is he shaming his kids for not wanting to give up Christmas presents?
Every single video he is just shaming his family, it’s bizarre. Especially as it’s all problems of his own making. Your girls are self absorbed and consumers because you and your wife are, your 16 year old is up all night on a school night because you don’t parent her, your teenage daughter doesn’t think about any one in the house when she’s noisy because you didn’t give her boundaries - the twins are wild and break things because it’s the only time you pay them attention 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Wow, that latest post has caused a huge amount of comments and arguing... and engagement eurgh!

People who are calling him out on this (16 year-old snacking, banging, showering etc into the wee small hours) are being called judgemental and perfect parents. HE says she's an adult 🙈🤣

The comments are an entertaining read!
Ah a bit late to the party - haven’t been here in years, haven’t seen FOD posts in years but for some bizarre reason the post about the 16 year old not sleeping popped up on my feed. I was simply shocked at how he (and some others in the comments) translate raising an independent woman into raising a kid that has no grasp of a basic concept such as courtesy and respect for the rest of their family. Who cares if she stays up late - we’ve all done it! But it is not ok not to have dinner with your family and not ok to be inconsiderate of others’ sleep. It’s frightening how many of these kids will either have a shock or their lives when they enter the workforce or will simply be absolute sociopaths.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My husband's family do secret Santa every year because with the siblings and spouses and various in-laws it got a bit much doing a present for everyone. If he wants to cut down on "stuff" why not do something like that instead of banning presents altogether

Reactions: 10
It's very easy to say you don't want or need anything for Christmas or birthdays when you buy everything you want for yourself the rest of the year and get gifted thousands of pounds' worth of stuff.

If he believes he lives a "relatively simple life", then he's even more ignorant than I thought he was about the world outside of his privileged bubble. Relative to what? Jupiter?

Feels like we've come full circle from @Exhaustednurse's first thread post five years ago when MOD was talking about charity donations and an "ethical Christmas" 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.