Father of Daughters #55 His luggage is smarter than he is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine being 40 and just finding out about all these small gestures that save money. You just know he never had a student job with minimal wage and that mum and dad paid for all his expenses. I come from a poor background and have been working since I was 16. Those part-time jobs are the best life lessons. I now made it to comfortable middle class but you better believe my kids will know the value of money. I'd be damned if I raise entitled brats. I would be so embarrassed if this grown ass man was my son.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Let’s all remember that this is guy who was so oblivious to what paid apps were on everyone’s mobiles that not all that long ago his money saving tip was “check the subscriptions and save £80!”

I’m not convinced he’s understood paying the bills and what goes in & out every month until recently.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Have a read (or re-read) of this interview with Clemmie when they were first moving into the house.

It's a stark contrast to now.

"Simon says we’re going to have to get a new boiler, but that’s not a sexy way to spend money."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m sorry but if there was a slightest threat of redundancy at your workplace you would not be videoing yourself sliding round the house to make instagram content!

It’s an obvious thing that when there’s a threat of redundancy workplace productivity goes up whereas this clown is still goofing around!

Yet again he’s trying (and failing) to fit in with the masses who are struggling just so he can have content.

Also, his stating the obvious tips for money saving are all about money and not the environmental side of saving on energy showing his complete lack of regard for this!

Reactions: 18
In his "hey kids, turn it off" reel, half the rooms showing lights on and taps left running etc are the adult-only rooms!

Also, add a new £850 Hoover fridge freezer to their spending this year.

NewFridge.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 14
We are just getting by at the minute, it’s hit us quite badly. And with another baby on the way it’s a worry. But my kids are my priority. I’ve not bought new clothes for god knows how long - because I’ve not needed them. £300 on a dress? Wouldn’t even contemplate it. A holiday leaving our kids at home? Not an option - we chose to have kids - if we are having a holiday it’s for family. Our home is definitely too small for us - but we make do as at the moment it’s not possible to move. To have someone like Simon sharing tips on how to save money from his massive pad - clearly comfortable - it makes my blood boil. I notice this post has gotten a lot of engagement- he’s done it to be relevant. Sooooo wacky and lol and relatable. These twats who worship the ground he walks on need their heads examined.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
He’s talking absolute bollox as usual.

‘Batch cook in the evening, it’s a little cheaper.’

Erm, no, it’s not! Energy costs are the same all day, unless you’re on a heating system like economy 7, or have a time of use tariff associated with your smart meter.

And evening is actually peak consumption time, so that’s when most pressure is on the grid!

This whole reel and story simply reek of showing off. The house is so big it’s impossible to keep track of how many living spaces, staircases, bedrooms, hallways, bathrooms and kitchens they have. Their high end appliances costing five times more than attainable brands, their glossy expensive tasteless indulgences on show to everyone - while he suggests they’re worrying about money?!

Simon, you have zero legitimacy in this space. Your grid is full of expensive trips, designer clothes and ‘aspirational’ living. It’s disgusting to jump in here and try to position yourself as an expert, or suffering with the rest of us.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
He’s talking absolute bollox as usual.

‘Batch cook in the evening, it’s a little cheaper.’

Erm, no, it’s not! Energy costs are the same all day, unless you’re on a heating system like economy 7, or have a time of use tariff associated with your smart meter.

And evening is actually peak consumption time, so that’s when most pressure is on the grid!

This whole reel and story simply reek of showing off. The house is so big it’s impossible to keep track of how many living spaces, staircases, bedrooms, hallways, bathrooms and kitchens they have. Their high end appliances costing five times more than attainable brands, their glossy expensive tasteless indulgences on show to everyone - while he suggests they’re worrying about money?!

Simon, you have zero legitimacy in this space. Your grid is full of expensive trips, designer clothes and ‘aspirational’ living. It’s disgusting to jump in here and try to position yourself as an expert, or suffering with the rest of us.
Something that bugs me about the batch cooking thing - not everyone has the space. We have a fridge freezer. I would love to fill it for the winter. But it’s tiny. There isn’t space for separate fridge and freezer in my kitchen. All these frugal ideas that Simons and Steadmans and the rest of them give come from a place of privilege. “Get a second freezer for the garage! Fill it up for the winter!” Sometimes I think I should delete Instagram as it’s not good for my mental health to even peek in on these people. It’s not reality - it’s formulated, targeted marketing, to make money out of people and massage their gigantic egos. Nasty pieces of work. No wonder he has no friends. Apart from Karens in Idaho and Barbie from the Middle East who think he’s the bees knees and such a good dad lol lol lol.

🤦🏽‍♀️

This scene from The Office sums it up for me. I can’t tell you how often I hear Michael saying this in my head when I come across people 😂

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 21
urgh those stories - so patronising! but lol at those scalloped shower tiles with gold shower head. it must pain clemmie to be trapped in an aesthetic 2018 instagram trend time warp

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Something that bugs me about the batch cooking thing - not everyone has the space. We have a fridge freezer. I would love to fill it for the winter. But it’s tiny. There isn’t space for separate fridge and freezer in my kitchen. All these frugal ideas that Simons and Steadmans and the rest of them give come from a place of privilege. “Get a second freezer for the garage! Fill it up for the winter!” Sometimes I think I should delete Instagram as it’s not good for my mental health to even peek in on these people. It’s not reality - it’s formulated, targeted marketing, to make money out of people and massage their gigantic egos. Nasty pieces of work. No wonder he has no friends. Apart from Karens in Idaho and Barbie from the Middle East who think he’s the bees knees and such a good dad lol lol lol.

🤦🏽‍♀️

This scene from The Office sums it up for me. I can’t tell you how often I hear Michael saying this in my head when I come across people 😂
Absolutely. And also having the spare cash to buy in bulk and the time to bulk cook from scratch.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It actually beggars belief for me that someone so lacking in everything professionalism, common sense, social awareness, pride in their output and much more, can piss away countless working hours on making poor quality videos and doing basement cycling challenges YET STILL bring in enough money to essentially cover a household of six with a partner working (we think) part-time, living in an enormous mortgaged house (£3-3.5k a month or thereabouts depending on deposit?), taking on numerous home projects, with hundreds/thousands left over for non-essential spending.

I know there will be more to it than meets the eye, even though he likes to pretend he's the sole breadwinner. Generous gifts from parents for a start, probably. But holy duck, on the face of it he's being paid well over the odds for the "value" he must bring with his shoddy, error-ridden, distracted work?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It actually beggars belief for me that someone so lacking in everything professionalism, common sense, social awareness, pride in their output and much more, can piss away countless working hours on making poor quality videos and doing basement cycling challenges YET STILL bring in enough money to essentially cover a household of six with a partner working (we think) part-time, living in an enormous mortgaged house (£3-3.5k a month or thereabouts depending on deposit?), taking on numerous home projects, with hundreds/thousands left over for non-essential spending.

I know there will be more to it than meets the eye, even though he likes to pretend he's the sole breadwinner. Generous gifts from parents for a start, probably. But holy duck, on the face of it he's being paid well over the odds for the "value" he must bring with his shoddy, error-ridden, distracted work?
Their mortgage won’t be anywhere near that even if they were at 90% LTV when they bought the house for £700k it would have been more like low £2ks. I imagine they had a high gifted deposit on the first because they wouldn’t have passed affordability on their salaries, plus a fair whack of equity so their mortgage is more likely in the mid to high £1ks pcm. Unless they remortgaged for work so put themselves at a higher LTV, but I can’t imagine why when Clemmie was earning a fair whack for so long/so much was free?

We’ve watched their cash at bank on companies house beta decline year on year so I’m guessing reality has finally hit them and they’ve realise the lifestyle they can actually have on their salaries versus the lies instagram perpetuated. Imagine how the audience of vulnerable women you targeted content must feel ey huns x

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thanks for the sanity check on that one @heretoreaditall2019!

I agree, all this has probably just started to noticeably bite into their disposable income, and as usual he thinks he's leading the way with his "air dry your clothes when you can!" and other new fangled revelations like closing the fridge door.

To be honest, with the size of their outgoings, those tips are not even going to move the needle dramatically (especially as they're unlikely to stick to them). They need to look at the bigger picture.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Perhaps the electricity bills would be lower if he stepped away from filming and editing so much pointless 'content'?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Thanks for the sanity check on that one @heretoreaditall2019!

I agree, all this has probably just started to noticeably bite into their disposable income, and as usual he thinks he's leading the way with his "air dry your clothes when you can!" and other new fangled revelations like closing the fridge door.

To be honest, with the size of their outgoings, those tips are not even going to move the needle dramatically (especially as they're unlikely to stick to them). They need to look at the bigger picture.
Agreed completely. Like these are the sort of tips a student would find useful in their second year when they’re renting their first real house where they’re paying utilities? No adult who’s run a home for years is gonna find any of this useful.

Like if he’s at the stage where he’s constantly worrying and an unexpected car bill is a problem then yeah they should re evaluate where they’ve chosen to live 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Bit of a lurker on this thread. If Alicegate hadn’t happened where do you think they’d be now? One of the last things I remember was a M&S collab before the scandal, do you think her bubble would of burst eventually anyway?

Reactions: 9
Bit of a lurker on this thread. If Alicegate hadn’t happened where do you think they’d be now? One of the last things I remember was a M&S collab before the scandal, do you think her bubble would of burst eventually anyway?
I think they’d have fucked it up in some other way eventually…karma works in mysterious ways!

• Haha
Welcome!

In my opinion, one or other of them would have done something else to get themselves cancelled. He came close to it with the Axa debacle.

By all accounts, Clemmie wasn't well-liked in influencer circles and it's easy to see she has a massive ego. It was a downfall waiting to happen one way or another!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.