Father of Daughters #53 DIY is easy when you're a right tool

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For some reason, Ca'Pietra thought the Hoopers' "child-free master ensuite" was worth featuring a couple of days ago.

I've said it before but this is the worst feature in the whole house and garden for me for its poor design.

Also, you can have a separate bathroom from the children without constantly referring to it as "child-free".

View attachment 1287458
Looks like something Terry Waite was chained to.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
no offence to any fraus here but i cannot stand the scalloped tile trend, so tacky and dated

edit: just realised i used the word fraus which is strictly jack monroe thread parlance, apologies 😅

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
The finish on that bathroom is terrible. I know they got a lot of discount and freebies, but I would be well peed off with this!
Blimey, well spotted. That's awful. Those steps! 😲

Here's something I can't unsee, and I know some people will think this is nit-picking but this is supposed to be a luxury installation and I'm pretty sure the price tag for those actually paying would be well into the 5-figure range. Details matter.

The mirrors aren't centred to the tiles - they're 2 scalloped tiles in from one edge and 1.5 from the other. The lowest point of one mirror touches the top of one tile, the lowest point on the other touches two tiles. The mirrors shouldn't actually be touching/overlapping the tiles at all, let alone unevenly.

Ensuite.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Here's something I can't unsee, and I know some people will think this is nit-picking but this is supposed to be a luxury installation and I'm pretty sure the price tag for those actually paying would be well into the 5-figure range. Details matter.

The mirrors aren't centred to the tiles - they're 2 scalloped tiles in from one edge and 1.5 from the other. The lowest point of one mirror touches the top of one tile, the lowest point on the other touches two tiles. The mirrors shouldn't actually be touching/overlapping the tiles at all, let alone unevenly.

View attachment 1290358
It’s getting those details right that really matters.

Reactions: 13

View attachment 1290358
Yep! When Fodney originally posted this way back, it was spotted then. Shoddy.

Reactions: 10
I’ve not commented on this thread for a while but my social media has been slooooow today, and he’s been consistently flicking between 876 and 877k followers.
buying bots or just a couple of Darlene’s trying to decide that they’re finally bored of him?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Folks I think we're at the end of anything worth sharing from Clemmie's book.

I feel like I need to get the damn thing out of my house as soon as possible.

Any last questions on its content before I decide how I'll get rid of it? (Taking suggestions 😂)

I still have FOD's book but it might take me a while to take the plunge into that one 😫

End.jpg

• Sick
Reactions: 10

Any last questions on its content before I decide how I'll get rid of it? (Taking suggestions 😂)

I still have FOD's book but it might take me a while to take the plunge into that one 😫

View attachment 1290914
Burn it. Don’t pass it on / donate it. End the toxic advice! Or set up an Instagram account dedicated to sharing it, with a page by page analysis of how awful it is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Burn it. Don’t pass it on / donate it. End the toxic advice! Or set up an Instagram account dedicated to sharing it, with a page by page analysis of how awful it is.
Or post it to their house giving a one sentence review as a reason for its return. “It’s tit.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Or post it to their house giving a one sentence review as a reason for its return. “It’s tit.”
Add “In French” to that. Play on the kitchen-dressing room poster and that weird “ou est le tit” thing from years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
no offence to any fraus here but i cannot stand the scalloped tile trend, so tacky and dated

edit: just realised i used the word fraus which is strictly jack monroe thread parlance, apologies 😅
I read that as Frau with a german accent.

View attachment 1290914
Your books previous owner also spent £10 on the yesmum cards.

Women don’t need the body shaming.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I just can't get over that cheap looking garden for this whatever period house they have. I'm really not a decoration freak but this fake grass and wood does not go well with the house at all.

He's got an ad. Children's dungarees, as modelled by the twins.
Modelled by the twins 2 years ago 🤣 he's literally stuck in 2019.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.