Father of Daughters #51 Stop trying to make Clemmie happen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's 12 studio- 1 bed places up for rent in the area.

Even the lowest would still bring in an extra £625 a month.

Private schools and Desino prints don't pay for themselves. :ROFLMAO:

They could save up the money and keep it for the girls.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Peak FOD.

1644008751891.png

Remember that fan made a SIM family way back? There's been updates. They nailed the gallery wall and the ipad too.

1644008957706.png
1644009033365.png

1644009094427.png
1644009134522.png

1644009190199.png
1644009243658.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
He's touched on it in the stories but I suspect the real reason is that they're looking at making it a self contained basement flat with its own entrance at street level. Rental income 💰
A basement flat with no natural light, so I am not entirely if there will be a queue of people to rent it.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
God that’s terrifying!! Where were these? Also, am I remembering correctly that a show home had photos of the family in frames?! Why would you still put yourselves out there? No amount of ‘fame’ (notoriety?) is worth it.

Reactions: 10
God that’s terrifying!! Where were these? Also, am I remembering correctly that a show home had photos of the family in frames?! Why would you still put yourselves out there? No amount of ‘fame’ (notoriety?) is worth it.
The fake house is towards the bottom.

My sister also follows a few SIMstgrammers. Who make up stories about their families and role play.

Think they had a good run tbh.

Last edited:
Just move the dog crates. Won't excavating the basement cause problems with the foundations of his house? He just wants someone to fund his hair-brained idea, can they not just be grateful for the roof over their heads?

Reactions: 14
Just move the dog crates. Won't excavating the basement cause problems with the foundations of his house? He just wants someone to fund his hair-brained idea, can they not just be grateful for the roof over their heads?
Absolutely brain dead idea of Slys, makes zero sense and will either be ridiculously expensive as structural engineer/council/real architects should be involved then cost for all the steels because his stupidity appears to be motoring through supporting walls or it will be done on the cheap and result in serious structural damage to the whole house.

If I liked the man I’d say don’t be a dick and just put the stairs back where they should be, the tiny awkward bulkhead corner of your dog crated hall will not lose anything aesthetically, the property was built to accommodate the cellar stairs in that location and thus will be a simple and relatively cheap replace, whilst maintaining the structural integrity of the property, BUT, he’s a knob so I’m gonna say, go for it Sly, it’s a fabulous idea and will offer so much more to your house, defo increase it’s value and saleability, want give you loads of pointless hall ways down in your cellar and will be an absolute bargain 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I have visions of him operating an excavator & the house tumbling down on top of him. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Their house is already too too heavy with the amount of floors versus the size of the garden.

Their house is already too too heavy with the amount of floors versus the size of the garden.
That was supposed to say top heavy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Absolutely brain dead idea of Slys, makes zero sense and will either be ridiculously expensive as structural engineer/council/real architects should be involved then cost for all the steels because his stupidity appears to be motoring through supporting walls or it will be done on the cheap and result in serious structural damage to the whole house.

If I liked the man I’d say don’t be a dick and just put the stairs back where they should be, the tiny awkward bulkhead corner of your dog crated hall will not lose anything aesthetically, the property was built to accommodate the cellar stairs in that location and thus will be a simple and relatively cheap replace, whilst maintaining the structural integrity of the property, BUT, he’s a knob so I’m gonna say, go for it Sly, it’s a fabulous idea and will offer so much more to your house, defo increase it’s value and saleability, want give you loads of pointless hall ways down in your cellar and will be an absolute bargain 🙄
Also, surely Building regs would dictate that he'd have to excavate down further to allow for minimum head height clearance in basement if he was planning on changing its use for residential occupancy rather than merely massive storage void, as well as having to 'tank' the floors and walls to stop damp penetrating ...that's going to cost ££££.....who does Sly he think he is, some Margate Oligarch?

Reactions: 11
It would be a megabucks project. £50-£80k or more would be my guess, which would take years to recoup, but if he can offset some of the cost.... 🙄

• Wow
How much space do they need? By the time he's finished & got that joint up to his/her standard at least two little women will be long gone. Moron with more money than sense Or more likely no money & no sense.
Who in their right mind would pay to live in a dungeon with that family stomping away above them?

Reactions: 12
It would be a megabucks project. £50-£80k or more would be my guess, which would take years to recoup, but if he can offset some of the cost.... 🙄
The funny thing is, if they channeled the hundreds of thousands Clem made them into projects that actually added value or did something new to the house (rather than vanity projects with no/negative ROI) they’d have easily been able to do that. They’d have been able to make some sort of beach retreat Airbnb and I’m assuming their house is near enough to the seafront that people wouldn’t care about the lights as it’d just be a stop over between all the other fun things they were doing on their hols?

Instead they’ve got tit that’ll make that house impossible to sell - tiles saying girls, a tatty tit kitchen, a floor for kids rooms with no bathroom, a dressing room in THANET lmao, it’s like they’ve been to the Jack Monroe school of financial management.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I was just typing a really similar post but you said it better so I deleted it @heretoreaditall2019 😆

Easy to say this in hindsight as well, but if they'd focused on the bigger picture during their heyday, they could well have had an income-generating basement flat at a fraction of the market cost, and other works that add real value.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I was just typing a really similar post but you said it better so I deleted it @heretoreaditall2019 😆

Easy to say this in hindsight as well, but if they'd focused on the bigger picture during their heyday, they could well have had an income-generating basement flat at a fraction of the market cost, and other works that add real value.
Mad isn’t it? In fairness a lot of it was arguably “for work” - like she needed the “aspirational” content to keep people watching and keep brands spending with her.

The problem with the interiors/Reno madness is no one is talking about sensible personal finance principles like a house’s market cap? Marble tiles won’t add value to that property as it’ll only ever be a 4 bed on a main road in Thanet? I’m all for exceeding your market cap and I definitely splashed out on certain bits of our home as I thought we’d be here for a v long time, but they’ve butchered that house in the pursuit of Instagram aesthetics and rendered it useless to its only audience - families. They will never recover all of Clem’s hard fought for Insta cash from a sale.

Maybe a HMO slumlord might be willing to put en suites in and cut it up tho? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.