Father of Daughters #49 Consumerism doesn’t equal happiness. Go count your kitchens.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Or the books were ghost written. Not uncommon for these 'celeb' type book deals for the 'author' to do little or no actual writing.
My heart goes out to the poor underpaid person who was told to write “just buy a leather jacket and your post partum depression will disappear”

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Or the books were ghost written. Not uncommon for these 'celeb' type book deals for the 'author' to do little or no actual writing.
I think FODs effort was probably a cut and paste job from all his IG posts (disclaimer: I haven’t read it)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've worked on book projects similar to those (not as a writer, obvs). I once asked a ghost writer if she felt sad that she didn't get the credit for the writing. She said something along the lines of "with most of these, I wouldn't want my name to appear on it" 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
You vile trolls giving career advice :LOL: , I almost wish we had a recruitment consultants thread on tattle

Hasn't time flown by since alice-gate - two years ago! The Australian interpretation of it all was my fave 🤭

Clemmie Hooper's husband was being brutally trolled. Secretly, she was the one behind it.

UK influencer and ‘mummy blogger’ Clemmie Hooper, who had 660,000 Instagram followers, has always portrayed an ostensibly perfect family life to her loyal followers. Smiles, selfies and sunsets filled her feed.

But one of her deepest fears was unveiled when her double life was unmasked last month.

The 34-year-old was secretly a ruthless online troll, it transpired, targeting her own husband of 11 years.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
You vile trolls giving career advice :LOL: , I almost wish we had a recruitment consultants thread on tattle

Hasn't time flown by since alice-gate - two years ago! The Australian interpretation of it all was my fave 🤭

Clemmie Hooper's husband was being brutally trolled. Secretly, she was the one behind it.

UK influencer and ‘mummy blogger’ Clemmie Hooper, who had 660,000 Instagram followers, has always portrayed an ostensibly perfect family life to her loyal followers. Smiles, selfies and sunsets filled her feed.

But one of her deepest fears was unveiled when her double life was unmasked last month.

The 34-year-old was secretly a ruthless online troll, it transpired, targeting her own husband of 11 years.
Hasnt it flown ! They didnt learn anything from that though

Reactions: 6
Procrastinating on work but just wanted to say how brilliant @Dogmuck ’s advice is and confirm she is indeed a beacon of wisdom and has helped me with my own career drams and now I’m a ✨flourishing✨ working mummy!

I get the draw to London but also don’t. I wish I had someone like DM to spell it out to me because I’m from here I always assumed I just had to come back after uni (up north) and honestly never considered a life outside of it. When I first met my (northern) husband I said to him there’s no way he’ll get me moving out of London and he has to deal with that, however many years later we are looking to move out! It’s really changed, things are so far gone that it’s not really for the people anymore and unless you’ve got Mega parental wealth backing you you’re going to find it hard to have a home that reflects your hard earned income if that makes sense? Culture wise I think there’s far more going on up north than in London anymore, I pretended like I couldn’t move out of here for museums and shows etc but the reality is after you’ve commuted in hell for 5 days a week the last thing you want to do is go back in. I’m also close to ten years older than your son with a little one so that does change my perspective.

Also with the remote working revolution i think London’s significance will fade a tiny bit (not delusional enough to think it’ll ever go tbh). Wrt London weighting I never see any difference between London salaries and other big cities, unless it’s in public sector and that’s cos they’re woefully underpaid so it’s needed (but still falls short). A friend went from living in a HMO in London to his own flat overlooking media city and a much better quality of life *on the same salary*, I honestly think the juice isn’t worth the squeeze anymore. Also when hiring into my team I’ve been shocked at the low calibre of candidates and I do wonder if it’s because the savvy ones are either in London just to work in IB/HF or have left if they want to work in creative fields they may as well be able to afford to live whilst doing it up north.

Agree with DM - get the foot in with Barclays/barcap, get the two year training then request an internal transfer. Big companies like that do secondments and support career dev / transition so he’s better off getting a foot in the door there than any other company. But realistically what’ll happen is he’ll settle down & start his life and realise what a fab quality of life he has up there, loads of friends he actually gets to see because they’re not al beyond exhausted, and property ownership is within reach (without having to #reno a dead glam divorcees house with dodgy OG electrics, as we have) and not think it’s worth the bother.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@heretoreaditall2019 Love that phrase "the juice isn't worth the squeeze". Never heard it before!

FoD is back with more malapropisms. Not that he is likely to know what that is, or be able to spell it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I really wish the mainstream press who covered the story had dug a little deeper rather than going along with the "Clemmie was mercilessly attacked on an internet forum so went undercover to defend herself" line. The timeline clearly shows 'Alice' was posting about Cash Carraway before the MOD/FOD threads started and this could have been corroborated by a reporter in a couple of minutes. Clemmie got off lightly in that respect, IMO.

Even FOD's PR person who can actually spell, in the 'reaction' grid post carried on with the "3 years of being attacked online" message. Where was this supposed long term attacking coming from? I don't think Tattle's been around since 2016?

Happy downfall anniversary, you pair of liars 😜

Fod1.jpg

Fod2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Weird how he is at pains again to say it is something he had “no knowledge of” 🤔

Presume the 3 years refers to the mumsnet instamum days as well as tattle.

Reactions: 8
Procrastinating on work but just wanted to say how brilliant @Dogmuck ’s advice is and confirm she is indeed a beacon of wisdom and has helped me with my own career drams and now I’m a ✨flourishing✨ working mummy!

I get the draw to London but also don’t. I wish I had someone like DM to spell it out to me because I’m from here I always assumed I just had to come back after uni (up north) and honestly never considered a life outside of it. When I first met my (northern) husband I said to him there’s no way he’ll get me moving out of London and he has to deal with that, however many years later we are looking to move out! It’s really changed, things are so far gone that it’s not really for the people anymore and unless you’ve got Mega parental wealth backing you you’re going to find it hard to have a home that reflects your hard earned income if that makes sense? Culture wise I think there’s far more going on up north than in London anymore, I pretended like I couldn’t move out of here for museums and shows etc but the reality is after you’ve commuted in hell for 5 days a week the last thing you want to do is go back in. I’m also close to ten years older than your son with a little one so that does change my perspective.

Also with the remote working revolution i think London’s significance will fade a tiny bit (not delusional enough to think it’ll ever go tbh). Wrt London weighting I never see any difference between London salaries and other big cities, unless it’s in public sector and that’s cos they’re woefully underpaid so it’s needed (but still falls short). A friend went from living in a HMO in London to his own flat overlooking media city and a much better quality of life *on the same salary*, I honestly think the juice isn’t worth the squeeze anymore. Also when hiring into my team I’ve been shocked at the low calibre of candidates and I do wonder if it’s because the savvy ones are either in London just to work in IB/HF or have left if they want to work in creative fields they may as well be able to afford to live whilst doing it up north.

Agree with DM - get the foot in with Barclays/barcap, get the two year training then request an internal transfer. Big companies like that do secondments and support career dev / transition so he’s better off getting a foot in the door there than any other company. But realistically what’ll happen is he’ll settle down & start his life and realise what a fab quality of life he has up there, loads of friends he actually gets to see because they’re not al beyond exhausted, and property ownership is within reach (without having to #reno a dead glam divorcees house with dodgy OG electrics, as we have) and not think it’s worth the bother.
Thanks @heretoreaditall2019 and @Dogmuck for the much appreciated career advice for son....just need to try and persuade him that recruitment is not the way to go...I think he'd be daft to turn down such an amazing opportunity with Barclays and all the career development they can offer- plus their 'campus' looks amazing
mind you when I was applying to go to Uni, many moons ago, I received a much coveted place to do physio at a top college in Edinburgh , but was put off because I didn't like the polyester uniform or the lack of male students ( this was early 80's- how things have changed!)
I started off studying Geology ( because I loved hillwalking and thought there would be loads of hunky outdoor types 😂....how wrong I was, turned out I hated the subject and there was far too much physics in it for my liking, so switched to MA Geography)
Then the graduate job sector flopped and I couldn't get on any training schemes...., long story short, I retrained as a Nurse as husband was a Dr at the time ( he's since retrained in the Legal profession!) so would be able to get jobs easily wherever he was working and now wear a horrible uniform anyway!
Although I may not have fulfilled my potential, however, at least I'm not a racist midwife or have a twit for a husband!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

Bless you HTRIA 😍

I think everyone should do a stint in London just so they get it. Going for a weekend or hanging with some mates who live down there is effectively a holiday and it’s bloody fabulous, you’re just a tourist. Working and living down there is a whole different game. Of course you’re absolutely right HTRIA when you say about going in to the city to take advantage of all those London things, the reality is that unless you’re going straight out from work, the moment you’re home the last thing you want to do is head back in again. I loved my time in London (thinking back through rose tinted specs of course) but I also remember the tube in the summer 🥵 the dirt that races up to your face as you take the escalator down, making your skin feel like you just face planted a cow pat, the masses and masses of people and the constant noise. Maybe I’m just too old for all that shiz now but I didn’t love that when I was a nipper scooting around.
Thanks @heretoreaditall2019 and @Dogmuck for the much appreciated career advice for son....just need to try and persuade him that recruitment is not the way to go...I think he'd be daft to turn down such an amazing opportunity with Barclays and all the career development they can offer- plus their 'campus' looks amazing
mind you when I was applying to go to Uni, many moons ago, I received a much coveted place to do physio at a top college in Edinburgh , but was put off because I didn't like the polyester uniform or the lack of male students ( this was early 80's- how things have changed!)
I started off studying Geology ( because I loved hillwalking and thought there would be loads of hunky outdoor types 😂....how wrong I was, turned out I hated the subject and there was far too much physics in it for my liking, so switched to MA Geography)
Then the graduate job sector flopped and I couldn't get on any training schemes...., long story short, I retrained as a Nurse as husband was a Dr at the time ( he's since retrained in the Legal profession!) so would be able to get jobs easily wherever he was working and now wear a horrible uniform anyway!
Although I may not have fulfilled my potential, however, at least I'm not a racist midwife or have a twit for a husband!
Good luck trying to convince your son @Cariad, no doubt he’s at that age where he knows best and you don’t understand...it lasts a long time that phase! Two pronged attack tends to work, if you can get your husband to take him for a pint and make your son think it’s his ideas 😜

Fortunately being a racist troll who makes questionable husband choices doesn’t come with the medic territory, I think we could see what our delightful Clem was made of in her debut TV performance, so you’re golden 😜😘

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This speaks to me too, I really get it and especially the desire for your LO to do better and not make the same “mistakes” we have, mine is only one so we’re more focused on emotion regulation than grad schemes lol but I see myself in your comments just wanting the world for them! The most important thing to remember is that he has the luxury of choice which is amazing, and no matter what he’s got a supportive mum and dad behind him to talk through these decisions with & do post mortums on what you can learn from this mistake / disaster to make a better next step if he does find himself unstuck. That’s the best thing we can do for them no matter the age, but do agree to get him on that 🔥 grad scheme 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
He’s got an ad!

A crappy ad for some no name battery charger. Yay!!

Imagine in the Martinhal days his reaction to being offered such low level shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Big hitters these lot 🤭 they don’t follow fod and fod doesn’t follow them 😬
0DBC5396-1F82-4FFB-BB0A-00C7F604967F.png

• Haha
Reactions: 10
£60 Battery charger pack.

He is really just taking anything he can get his hands on isn't it. I'm so embarrassed for him

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I fear his barely concealed anger at the very comfortable life he has. He really thinks he deserves to be super rich and can’t understand why he hasn’t been handed (even) more on a plate. It’s weird.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.