Father of Daughters #49 Consumerism doesn’t equal happiness. Go count your kitchens.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Posting a picture of the kids sleeping is such an invasion of privacy its awful. I take pictures of my kids sleeping sometime to send to my mum who doesn't live close and even as I do it I feel it's a bit creepy. Now imagine Posting the picture on the wide Internet. He's a terrible father.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
But what happened to that line of “we don’t film in bedrooms and the bathroom “ ?

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
You have got to be kidding me. These are school aged children in what should be their most private space.

And surely they don't need a video monitor at their age?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
You have got to be kidding me. These are school aged children in what should be their most private space.

And surely they don't need a video monitor at their age?
Very good point re the camera.

We recently removed the one from our 4 year old's room as they're at school now and we thought it was a breach of privacy! We left it longer than we did with our first and used to like watching them sing on it etc. But we knew it was time to remove it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Another plant mishap.

]
1637013685113.png

Very good point re the camera.

We recently removed the one from our 4 year old's room as they're at school now and we thought it was a breach of privacy! We left it longer than we did with our first and used to like watching them sing on it etc. But we knew it was time to remove it.
Twins are almost 6 now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Who’s with me on betting he moved twin A to be in with twin B for the photo/content? 🤔

• Sad
Who’s with me on betting he moved twin A to be in with twin B for the photo/content? 🤔
I wouldn’t put it past him Em.
I actually think it’s 2 different nights.
The kids were kicking off on the bed nearest the door and the bedding was getting thrown all over the show. Then when Sly comes in to their room that bed is practically made (I say practically because there’s about 17 quilts and blankets on those beds like some Dickensian work house, guessing the house is seriously cold). What 6 year old makes their bed (ever) and then crawls in with the other sibling? Plus there’s all sorts of shite all over the floor by the bed they are sleeping in, which you don’t see on the vid, unless of course, they kicked off, trashed the room, made up, got into bed together and fell into a deep sleep in 30 mins. 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 17
On the right side there's only the books on the floor. 30 mins later.

1637022149278.png
1637022283783.png

Quilt already folded with rolling twins.

1637022659743.png
1637022597839.png

Maybe he'll move to youtube to get some extra cash like the Radfords.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I just noticed that The House of Hustlers got a free outdoor lights while ago. 🤨

Reactions: 6
sorry if this has been covered but why do they have a camera in a 6 year olds room and if thats not enough why does he film them in their sleep ? He worries me.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
It's the sort of thing you can imagine being brought up in an interview years later, when the now-adult realises how exploited they were as a child.

"He had a camera installed in our bedroom until we were about 7 (10? 13? 16?). He'd actually come in at night and film us asleep to publish on the internet. He used to save clips into a kind of video library and would find ways to make them into stories whenever he felt like it - even picking out clips from different nights and editing them together to look like things happened in succession..."

And people who are liking the posts and sending hearts and encouraging him now, will send sad faces and flower emojis and comments about how awful it must have been.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I was going to momentarily defend FOD and the camera purely based on my own parental insecurity. We have a baby (video) monitor in the reception aged child’s bedroom and in Baby Bed’s room BUT the difference is I’m not recording them (nor posting on social media) and it’s voice activated so only flicks on if one of them cries/calls out. My dilemma is the eldest is scared of the dark so won’t come through to us if there is an issue and still wakes in the night (he’s inherited my crap sleeping skills) so I get paranoid he’ll wake BB if I don’t hear him - answers on a postcard trolls 🤪 😘.

Axa is, as always on the money - FOD still has it there to mine his children’s childhoods for content with no regard to their online safety let alone the long term emotional/mental well being. As you say Axa it’s exploitation.

• Heart
Similarly everyone thought the Duggar family were a wholesome family from the way they presented themselves on their TV show. Someone emailed Oprah about their son sexually abusing his own sisters- she cancelled their appearance on her show when they had already arrived in Chicago and were scheduled to appear the next day. Only at the age of around 27 did one daughter (Jill) start talking about how bad it really was growing up like that after she had become a mother herself and had the support of her husband. It will be the same for the Hooper girls- they've been online for almost 6 years now and are still too young right now to see it for what it is. Did daddy really want to spend time with me or was it just because he could use the footage?

Re: scared of the dark: My 18 year old sister has always been afraid and it's not something she's grown out of. We got her this nightlight from miniso for less than <£15 I think . (Image taken from her insta). My mother would also swear by milk before bed too.

1637029595918.png

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Do you think (and realise this is purely speculation) the kids will feel exploited when they’re older and reflect back?

As HTRIA said with MOD and FOD as parents you stir clear of wanting your kids to interact with them so if others have that view do they just grow up in an echo chamber with this weird view of the real world eg that you post about your life online and it’s ok/normal because you then get XYZ in return (or are told by parents that you’ve benefitted even though realistically you haven’t as it’s all been sunk into the house etc?) and completely don’t get the bigger picture of safety/mh concerns etc?

ETA: Didn’t see your post until after I posted Rainbow. Maybe it will be when they have their own families and/or a partner/friends etc with feet on the ground they realise. I recognise the name of the family you mention but not much else - will go look them up. Thank you for the nightlight recommendation - I had a glow worm as a child but that’s not worked for Little Beds so he has a little night light but it’s quite small compared to the one you show.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
If anyone, including the Hoopers, has extenuating reasons for video monitoring school age children that outweigh the child's right to start having a little privacy from that age, then that is absolutely fair enough of course. There are always exceptions, but if that's the case for the Hoopers then that's not an excuse to harvest the monitor for instagram content as well.

There are parents who are paranoid about their video monitor being hacked and unknown strangers being able to watch their children, and FOD just puts footage out there freely? Ugh.

@EddieBeds I keep hoping that society will become less accepting of the child exploitation we see online. For example, like how smacking your child was once normal and accepted, but now is generally seen as a form of abuse. Then even the most isolated of these instagram children would likely eventually see it for what it was, sadly. I imagine there'll be a whole range of reactions as the instagram children grow up, from complete denial and blocking it out, to speaking out and becoming an advocate against it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Not defending him here but he’s probably had to keep the cameras there for safety (as in checking up on them)….remember this is the head that got them to climb and hide at the top of the cupboard to use it for content like climbing up shelves to steal biscuits!

Camera = content 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.