Father of Daughters #49 Consumerism doesn’t equal happiness. Go count your kitchens.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks 🙏
This is exactly why I used to get so annoyed with Clemmie because I thought she had an amazing platform to support women and highlight midwifery. And I felt she abused her privileged position, focused on superficial things and made women feel inadequate at a vulnerable time.

I can’t say goodbye forever to midwifery so I’m doing the odd shift to help out still
My new job is in abortion care, where I feel I can still support women at a time when they really need good and kind care
Amazing old job, amazing new one. Really appreciate your work. I can understand your frustration. It’s the sheer shallowness of it. Not that everyone has to be worthy all the time, but she used her platform for a negative influence.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Welcome to thread 49. Thread title - nomination and retweaking of words by @LuBiLu and words, um by me @EddieBeds. My thread title cherry has been popped 🍒.

Recap of last thread in no particular order:

Unveiling of the outdoor kitchen - aka the Santorini kitchen. Build quality, um look questionable. It might already be buckling under the last weeks onslaught of rain.

Pick you own fruit - FOD showed his privilege once again with his snobby attitude around pick your own fruit. The farm owner had him sussed though.

Are the twins twins - aka asking if it’s a data issue to test their DNA. Yes FOD it is, in exactly the same way you shouldn’t have splashed their entire lives over the gram.

MOD and FOD had a hotel stay and made sure to capture every last detail for the gram including their bath. You can search out the pictures yourself.

FOD led the fight for equality with a misogynistic quiz about who does the jobs at home.

Great reveal of a shed, that we and the non bots all identified will likely cause damp etc as the roof slopes the wrong way.

Faulty windows/door - flood gate. Boiler gate to.

FOD had a night out and ‘missed’ the last train back. Much hilarity.

FOD exploited his daughters diabetes diagnosis once again with an awful set of stories where he cried about COVID being the reason she had type 1 - he deleted after his catch up here but I think the grid repost remains which was hacked by anti vaxxers.

Further exploited the diabetes diagnosis by sharing his daughter meeting up with her new friend (I think found through a Facebook support group for type 1 diabetics?). Timelines a bit wonky as we had already seen the meet up via the friend’s mum.

Random story about how little time he has left with his parents.

Apparently he didn’t notice the social media blackout - sure, Jan gif.

More reappearances from Clemmie and her teeth in various guises, including the bath shot mentioned above.

Can’t remember if bra gate was this thread or last thread? It’s been 84yrs gif.

FOD got an AD (read in the voice of Iain Stirling from Love Island). For a dodgy tutor service. The comments on said post all pointed this out.

Oh and so many bots, horny for FOD. I won’t repost their messages for him. Just wait for the next grid post and they’ll appear. But apparently he can’t do anything about them and they’re ‘so annoying’.

Please add anything I’ve missed!
"sure, Jan gif" just made me snort out my drink.

I would also like to throw in the tumbleweed gif to the recap.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thanks @Dogmuck

There’s so much good stuff in that basement that looks like it’s been dumped- lovely chairs and lamps. Such an unnecessary waste- like the lovely bath they ripped out and left in the garden, perfectly nice kitchen replaced with multi kitchens

It shows what a lie the image we are shown on Instagram is. I once went round the house of a blogger/ Instagrammer who makes a living off social media for her lovely house and family. On Insta she seemed arrogant but in real life was v shy and sweet.

Her house was sooooo messy and filthy. And just full to the rafters of crap piled up- where she’d been sent all this free stuff. She would literally sweep stuff aside to make one corner look good for her to take a photo for the gram.

I wonder what Clembot feels about Fodney showing her dirty underneath?

I may be wrong - and I hope that I am. But this looks suspiciously like a sharps bin that you put used needles into. I’m guessing they’ll need one because of Ms diabetes. If it is it seems a bit 🤮 that’s it just thrown down in the basement. This has made me feel a whole lot better about the state of our garage 🤣
C71416D5-6644-48DF-9F0F-EBDB85EAA8E1.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
All that stuff…what a waste! You can guarantee 90% of that will have been gifted/begged for and they’re just leaving it to rot. They should be embarrassed for themselves but Hell will likely freeze over before that happens!
The Marie Kondo in me just wants to get into his dirty place- clean and organize it all so badly. I personally think he should have kept the servants quarters of his 6 bedroom house private. As my other mother says : "all fur coat and no knickers." 🤫

I counted 6 lamps- one minus the shade. The white chairs are the old ones they had in the first house.

#sparksjoy

My mother also has a sharp bin and I agree it does look like one. They come and collect the needles every month or so.

Would have been cuter if they had been matchy matchy for halloween like @mrsjessicaroberts

1635630088259.png

1635630124407.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Oh look at Clemmie in her *not a sexy cat but actually a really ironic and hilarious obscure film reference* costume

• Haha
He’s annoyed me instantly so straight to Tattle. Why is making your own costume being a cheapskate?!! Hardly. Some of us actually have made stuff in the past because it’s not buying more plastic crap or we actually enjoy the challenge of creativity! My husband is well into his creations so would always always make. Making a mask is hardly being a cheapskate 🙄 - says the man that has a long history of begging for stuff when he had ample income.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Surely one of the most embarrassing things at a fancy dress party would be to repeatedly have to explain the concept of your costume to other people while their eyes glaze over and they mutter "oh, right..." 😂

ET.jpg

Why do I feel like this needs an M&S logo on it?

ETsMum.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Oh god, she’s doing that opened mouthed “ I’m having SO MUCH FUN “ face beloved of Boden catalogue models everywhere.
so fake

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I can hear the kids outside. I hope I don't get any trick or treaters. Not sharing my celebrations tub that I made my sister buy me from aldi.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Cheapskate is one word as well.

Are you me??
Depends on where you've hidden the mince pies...

The celebrations tub was on sale at £3.49 and we saved £0.51p. I told her specifically that it would be for handing out. 🤪

Not seen this couple on the gram with them before.

1635702066752.png

Last edited:
Cheapskate is one word as well.

Depends on where you've hidden the mince pies...

The celebrations tub was on sale at £3.49 and we saved £0.51p. I told her specifically that it would be for handing out. 🤪

Not seen this couple on the gram with them before.

View attachment 839855
Ngl bought 2 tins of celebrations, a tin of Haribo and 10 packets of various chocs like maltesers, choc buttons and filled a huge cake tin with those (from Aldi 4 weeks ago) only got the celebrations and haribo left for the trick or treaters 😬 sadly the weather is so bad we’ve only had 5 lots, so I’ve been ramming their bags and buckets full because I cannot have that amount of chocolate hanging around or I’m gonna be a monster by Christmas.

Eta just had a big group whilst typing this and the first mixed tin is almost gone 🙏🏼

Also yeah have the Sods got some new mates?

• Haha
Bring back the cycling men in lycra!! Not seen them since ‘16.

Ngl bought 2 tins of celebrations, a tin of Haribo and 10 packets of various chocs like maltesers, choc buttons and filled a huge cake tin with those (from Aldi 4 weeks ago) only got the celebrations and haribo left for the trick or treaters 😬 sadly the weather is so bad we’ve only had 5 lots, so I’ve been ramming their bags and buckets full because I cannot have that amount of chocolate hanging around or I’m gonna be a monster by Christmas.

Eta just had a big group whilst typing this and the first mixed tin is almost gone 🙏🏼

Also yeah have the Sods got some new mates?
School boy error having that much chocolate in the house. Surprised you even have anything left after 4 weeks. Well done hun! You could also post me some leftovers. #gifted

I’m not currently home. Waiting for my sister to finish work. Seen two kids in the squid game outfits, one rabbit, one spiderman, one batman, a fireman, two witches and 4 skeletons.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Hun, that’s because she either got the clothes free and/or she was being paid to flog them to idiots like you. The chance of good old Clem doing that now, not least cos she’s only running the interior account no longer on IG, is absolutely zero. Honestly 🙄
4795155C-2F86-43F6-9823-3415EAF6698F.jpeg

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.