Father of Daughters #47 Clemente, come back, the world has mostly forgotten.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
šŸ‘‹ hey hoopers glad you stopped by

Many teenagers I know block their parents from their socials. This could be the first they hear of their 14 year old daughter smoking and drinking. Not unheard of Iā€™d say for kids who live in dead seaside towns with nowt else to do, but still pretty grim to see. I think a few instamums may regret the move out of London in time. I also know of someone who had a psychotic breakdown after smoking copious amounts of weed and ruined his life. Itā€™s a slippery slope IMO.
Re the sad old seaside town, my thoughts exactly. People think drugs and antisocial behaviour in kids is exclusively an inner city problem. Thereā€™s so much more for kids to do to keep them out of trouble in cities, but these supposedly idyllic seaside towns and rural villages have nothing to occupy teens and they are young and want thrills...smoking drinking drugs are readily available. Especially when your parents are not interested in you because they are either spending most of their day filming and editing pointless videos to upload to 500k bots or hanging out with a bunch of Tory gammons on the beach, at boat clubs or at spoons. START PARENTING you pair of wankers.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Saw that coming, kid is probably getting a bollocking right now.
Weā€™ve all been there. Lesson learnt for the pup. Nobody died sheā€™ll get over it. The Hoopers will be more concerned with their embarrassment and image and not their daughters.

• Heart
  • Sad
Gotta say my grandkids had their childhood marred by the behaviour of their mother but they are fine young adults now. Very proud of them both.

The Hooper daughter has grown up watching those two wankers bragging about anything & everything on social media, why wouldnā€™t she think it was ok to post those pictures.
Gee her & fodney maybe even shared the joint before ā€˜clubbingā€™ together at their bestival.šŸ¤¬

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Many teenagers I know block their parents from their socials. This could be the first they hear of their 14 year old daughter smoking and drinking. Not unheard of Iā€™d say for kids who live in dead seaside towns with nowt else to do, but still pretty grim to see. I think a few instamums may regret the move out of London in time. I also know of someone who had a psychotic breakdown after smoking copious amounts of weed and ruined his life. Itā€™s a slippery slope IMO.
Itā€™s not that grim round here!

Reactions: 6
I guess the big dilemma for FOD now is does he co-opt Aā€™s drug and alcohol use for sweet, sweet content and concern from his hun-gang or attempt to brush it under the carpet.

Cue ā€œmore in sadness than in angerā€ instastory of him walking the dogs and asking his followers for advice on teens smoking spliff while wearing a grubby knitted hat.

Perhaps he should have set a better example.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Either A is hugely rebellious or this isnā€™t a new habit/activity. I canā€™t imagine she started smoking this summer to be in a position confident enough to publish it on an open social media page which is commented on by her parents. Maybe she hid the story from them?

Reactions: 9
Iā€™ve had teenagers , the experimenting with booze and cigarettes was something we had to deal with, itā€™s not easy either if you donā€™t want them sneaking around behind your back. I wasnā€™t a laid back parent either.

Is Anya 14? Iā€™d be really concerned where she is to be lighting up a spliff and knocking back cider and happy to have it recorded.

There is something uncomfortable about sharing what she has done on a forum like this, but I hope that the end result is that she is smarter in her choices. Teenagers are going to experiment and smoke and drink, thatā€™s a given. Itā€™s the conversation we have with them about responsibility that is key.

Reactions: 10
I agree that itā€™s uncomfortable but also hope they are smarter in their choices too. The ā€œadult headachesā€, the booze filled trollies inside and out, the cocktails at camping and dumping your kids with nannies while you go off partying with your mates at festivals. They have two younger children who are also growing up in an environment where alcohol is associated with fun (or this is what they show us anyway) Maybe time they grow up as well.

• Heart
Given the fact sheā€™s been pimped out for likes and free kitchens for the last 5 years canā€™t say I blame her for having a dabble and trying to be more cool and not part of the Instagram Walton family her parents have been trying to depict.
This is exactly it, also itā€™s not surprising she has no personal boundaries with what she shares on socials when everything from ambulance runs to temper tantrums to naked bath time have been shared of them. Itā€™s really fucked up and I feel SO sorry for their kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Weā€™ve all been there. Lesson learnt for the pup. Nobody died sheā€™ll get over it. The Hoopers will be more concerned with their embarrassment and image and not their daughters.
I hope itā€™s a lesson for her foolish parents to quit s.m. , sharing the Hooper life has backfired, so time to stop moaning, start parenting.. Whatā€™s the bet the long lockdown is to blame for her behaviour.? Kids will rebel & experiment, donā€™t film it to show off to your mates.

• Sad
Knew Iā€™d wake up to Anyaā€™s account being made private/closed!

Bet ST would shudder in her furry Birkenstockā€™s at the thought of her teen smoking a spliff or necking ciderā€¦.doesnā€™t fit with the Red magazine image!

• Haha
  • Heart
Surely he wouldn't even THINK about using this as content for himself. Potentially jeopardise his daughter's job/career prospects even more than he has already for the sake of an instagram post?

Reactions: 14
Anything for the šŸ’°
In the olden days it could have been a faux profound post about growing up and difficult conversations being made fun over a Hello FreshTM meal youā€™ve prepared #together. Now itā€™ll be some boundaryless tit that spells it out for the thick huns, followed up with a wonga ad or another CBT discount code.

Reactions: 15
Certainly not going to suggest that every teenager does stuff like this, but itā€™s not unusual. What is weird is that she made it all public- I genuinely think this sort of thing might be a reaction to how she has been brought up. Like absolutely zero fucks being given if sheā€™s putting it on Instagram- dunno, just feel like this might be even more of a rebellion than the act itself. And maybe thatā€™s because the parents have pretty much wrecked their kids lives.

I have always felt very sorry for these kids, it is basically a form of neglect? And I echo other comments that users here have said many times before, if they were a working class family they would be dragged through the dirt for all the abusive stuff theyā€™ve done to their kids over the years.

• Heart
Thread title# 48 Goodbye FOD, time to get your house in order before itā€™s too late.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I guess I'm naive but I'm really surprised that they are still here and read their threads? I kind of thought they had moved on and stopped caring about what other people think about them?

Kind of feel sorry for A. She's still a kid, kids make mistakes and I mean she never had parents who taught her what to (not) do on social media. That conversation must me going well.

Clemmie (who constantly shared photos / stories of her drinking / going out with friends to have a break from her kids):

Drinking is bad and having a public profile is dangerous!!!

FOD: Yeah!!! Be careful with what you share. Your profile should be private. Stuff you share could have a really negative impact. What if future employers see photos of you drinking.

A: Yeah... Right. Thanks for the advice.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.