Father of Daughters #46 Richard_of_the_ranaissance

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I showed Slys stories to Mr Dogmuck, he said “who’s that?” I said “it’sFOD”. He said “well I’ll sponsor him if he promises to do it without the rope, the smug git...can you write that on his wall?”.
Hun it’s instagram not FB but not allowed to do that cos Tattle rules and it’s my last burner. 😜🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
What’s the bet he films himself at this fund raising event.🤨
He actually says he’ll be filming himself doing it in his waffle...which comes as no surprise to anyone.

10 hours and 16 comments. 10 hours with 888k followers and he’s raised just over £700, that works out at 0.0008p per follower. That’s the reality of his influence on his huge platform!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m sure we all have friends and family members doing admirable things to raise money for all sorts of worthwhile charities. Wouldn’t they be your priority to donate to, rather than a random attention seeking child selling has-been melt??

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Very telling how he has only got 21 comments and 2,116 likes on that post. I guess he didn't buy comments, likes or emoji comments for it?

I hope he does raise a lot for the charity, it is a good cause. But as a person he is still a twit waffle.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m sure we all have friends and family members doing admirable things to raise money for all sorts of worthwhile charities. Wouldn’t they be your priority to donate to, rather than a random attention seeking child selling has-been melt??
💯 and also I take issue with people doing performative stunts for charity. Taking all the praise for raising money when actually credit should go to the contributors. It’s clear Sly is doing this for content because...he’s got nowt else!

We regularly get asked by friends and family to “sponsor” them/their children. Usually friends who love cycling saying they are going to do a X mile bike ride for charity or someone’s kid going to Mexico/Cuba/Thailand to run a marathon/cycle/hike which actually needs paying for before any money goes to charity so you’re effectively paying a company who organises this stuff and very little goes to a charity and that kid inevitably tags on their “gap yah” or “traveling” time, so you’re donations are basically paying for their kids flight to take them off on their jollies. Doing things that challenge “YOU” for charity is pretty self absorbed. I like the idea that you sponsor people to do things that would benefit the community. So stuff like sponsored litter pick ups, sponsored river clean ups. These things are usually locally driven so nobody is trying to promote themselves, they are doing something purposeful AND raising money for a worthy cause, plus no corporate creams off the majority of the sponsorship to pay themselves a hefty wage.

What purpose does it serve that Sly is abseiling down a London landmark? It will definitely serve the abseiling company who rely on these events to make money for their company and Sly is probably paying the fee out of the donations but it mostly serves as content for Sly so stop pretending this is altruistic, it’s not, it’s self promotion! twit!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
We regularly get asked by friends and family to “sponsor” them/their children.
I was once asked to "sponsor" a 10year old boy in a charity run (from school). I didn't have much money at that time and said I'd give 2€ per lap (thinking he would do a maximum of 10). He did 26 🤣 but well it was for a good cause.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
What company does he work for? Wondering whether he has to do a charity day for their ESG policy and he’s using it for FOD content….

• Wow
Reactions: 8
tit I hate this man, but demelza is a fantastic charity so I hope this cock womble manages to raise loads of money for them.
I hope at least some people are smart enough to donate to the charity directly on its own website, cutting out the fundraising site's fees and avoiding feeding Simon Hooper's need for attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I was once asked to "sponsor" a 10year old boy in a charity run (from school). I didn't have much money at that time and said I'd give 2€ per lap (thinking he would do a maximum of 10). He did 26 🤣 but well it was for a good cause.
When I get asked to sponsor kids to do stuff for their schools/brownies/cubs etc I’m all for a bit of that, it’s good for kids to be active/push themselves and do a good deed. I don’t like being asked by my 50+ cycling mad, wealthy, mamil clad friends to sponsor them to do a cycle ride. Likewise the same folks asking me to sponsor their already very privileged 18+ kids to climb Mount Kilimanjaro as part of their gap year. Like I said, I’d be more than happy to donate if these adults/offspring went and volunteered in a food bank or soup kitchen but they don’t they do performative stunts that make them feel good about their challenge whilst actually doing very little to help the cause.

I know I’ve moaned about charities before but quite often more is going out on their own Offices/advertising/chuggers than actually helping. They are basically unregulated, The Charities Commission is toothless, anyone can set up a charity and live off donations or misappropriate, kindly given, donations without having to show any hard evidence of what is done with the funds. You might have noticed charities are one of my pet hates 🤣🤣🤣

• Wow
  • Heart
They do performative stunts that make them feel good about their challenge whilst actually doing very little to help the cause.
The amount of times I've seen sponsorship requests for things where I have thought 'That looks like amazing fun, I would actually pay to do that' is way too high. It always just feels icky and like I'm paying for someone to do a fun activity, especially as often that activity is only allowed if you raise above a certain amount for charity. It just feels like the person doing it is getting more out of it than they should be?

This is a prime example, why should I essentially pay for you to have a once in a lifetime fun activity, with the rest of my donation going to a charity I didn't pick. I would much rather donate directly to the charities I wish to support each month, and that's what I do.

• Heart
Agreed. It slightly galling to be asked to pay for someone to have fun in the guise of charity. And as for the gap year trips… Poverty tourism and white middle class people assuming they know better than locals how to build houses etc. Leaves a bad taste.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Will he attempt this stunt with a daredevil Twin strapped to his back?🤫
Can bots even donate?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.