Fashion trends you can't stand #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shorts over tights. Its horrible.
...have to admit I've worn in past...denim shorts over tights...good with trainers or docs and especially in Scotland hahaha! ...was at train station one day when kids were coming back from TRSMT in Glasgow and felt ancient as a lot of the young lasses had on shorts with half their bum cheeks hanging out (and those bloody mesh tops)...was like, get a pair of black opaque tights on ffs...:ROFLMAO:

My 60 year old SIL thinks this is such a good look - she wears denim shorts over black tights.

This is one I am still undecided about. 3/4 length padded coats without any sleeves. I have tried a really nice one on but wonder about the cold with lack of sleeves and would I have to buy a larger size to wear a hoddie underneath to keep my arms warm or should I just forget it and buy a proper coat and leave these to kids. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Really not a fan of the sleek ponytail look that a lot of influencers seem to love, makes them look bald

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Short jeans, holes in jeans, jeans without pockets.....I just want some normal clothes, really, not one where I will have sick kidneys when I hit 60....

Reactions: 4
Oversized puffa jackets worn with leggings. I always think of Crash Bandicoot.

Reactions: 5
I hate jumpers/T-shirt’s with place names on them like NY and LA etc. They’re everywhere at the moment

Reactions: 8
Purse backpacks.

Handkerchief-style hems on skirts and dresses.

Activewear worn as daywear (very tight leggings that reveal everything).

Tie-dyed anything.

Onesies.

Shoes that the wearer can't walk in without tripping or wobbling.

Any clothing with a giant brand name/logo plastered on top. Doesn't matter what the brand is, it's tacky.

Reactions: 10
I notice these sort of round hats are popular again with youngsters. Something else for Gen Z'rs to appropriate from previous generations;

2ac7c7cfdda9fdedcdc5d30141297cc3--pictures-of-britney-spears-britney-jean.jpg

Reactions: 2
...have to admit I've worn in past...denim shorts over tights...good with trainers or docs and especially in Scotland hahaha! ...was at train station one day when kids were coming back from TRSMT in Glasgow and felt ancient as a lot of the young lasses had on shorts with half their bum cheeks hanging out (and those bloody mesh tops)...was like, get a pair of black opaque tights on ffs...:ROFLMAO:
Hah, yup I also wear shorts over tights. Lots of people in NY do it so you can extend the wear of your dressier shorts through winter. It's pretty much the same as wearing tights under your shorter, dressier skirts. I find it weird when it's something more casual like jean shorts over tights, but that's more common with the high school/uni age students.

I am not into the resurgence of the bucket hat though. Hated it then, still hate it now!

I hate jumpers/T-shirt’s with place names on them like NY and LA etc. They’re everywhere at the moment
I'd only wear something with a place name on if I've been there. I don't understand the Harvard uni logos, either. If you went there, you'd have literally got the t-shirt/hoodie. A large proportion of everyone else wouldn't have a chance in hell of getting in.

Finding something in a lovely shape for your figure and it's only available in black. Particularly dresses. I'd like to wear black tights but with a dress it's too much like a funeral outfit.

Flounces and frills and puffs on everything. The rest of the item can be perfect and then they go and ruin it. I feel like it's a way to cover up poor quality fabric.

Escaped-from-a-cult dresses.

Shops stocking only straight cut or boxy cut versions of basic items. Some of us would like a waist!

Even though they look wonderfully comfy, I don't like floor-length, shapeless puffer coats. They take up so much space compared to whatever size the person is inside. Even for dog-walking they must drag all over the ground if you have to crouch.

Hah, yup I also wear shorts over tights. Lots of people in NY do it so you can extend the wear of your dressier shorts through winter. It's pretty much the same as wearing tights under your shorter, dressier skirts. I find it weird when it's something more casual like jean shorts over tights, but that's more common with the high school/uni age students.

I am not into the resurgence of the bucket hat though. Hated it then, still hate it now!
Aye, denim shorts when I was younger...then NYC style with a knee high boot for dressier occasions!
I love a hat - though not a bucket - bit too Madchester for me! I'm a beret wearer, love a wooly hat or baseball too. Do you find some people just can't pull off hats, wrong shape of head/face?

Men with rolled up tight jeans/trousers and no socks! Also men who wear bum bags round their shoulder. So douchey.

Reactions: 9
The 'whale tail' trend where the thong or g-string is visible over the waistline. 🤢 Why is it coming back...

Reactions: 8
Screenshot_20220327-161845~2.png

This kind of bikini tops and also this kind of bottoms. Top looks like it's been put on the wrong way and bottom looks like some weird diaper

• Haha
Reactions: 12