Fashion trends you can't stand #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any top or dress that’s plus sized but at the back they have flimsy little ties to tie around the back, like a bra. Generally if you’re plus sized, you have big tiddies and those things are so diddy that your tiddies will just drop out!

Reactions: 9
All the Disney crap in Primark. I just want some normal pyjamas and a normal hoodie. not something with Disney shite all over it that's three times the price.
I noticed this last week, I just wanted plain stuff, I liked some of the Disney styles and would have bought them if they were plain

Reactions: 8
Any top or dress that’s plus sized but at the back they have flimsy little ties to tie around the back, like a bra. Generally if you’re plus sized, you have big tiddies and those things are so diddy that your tiddies will just drop out!
Totally agree, what is the point of those?

Reactions: 3
Following a trip into town today to try to find some new stuff for returning to work, pretty much everything in the shops right now! 😔

Reactions: 2
Elastic on any clothes. I have a top that I like apart from it has an elasticated waist set too high so am constantly pulling it down. Also elastic on sleeves that cut in and leave marks.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
All the Disney crap in Primark. I just want some normal pyjamas and a normal hoodie. not something with Disney shite all over it that's three times the price.
It's not just Primark, Sainsburys are doing the same thing. I've seen a Cruella top in there (I must admit, I was tempted, I bloody love Cruella!) and a load of jumpers with characters from the "Peanuts" comic strip. Wtaf? I would imagine that most women who buy clothes in Sainsburys are edging towards middle-age, if not older, I don't think many of us want to wear Snoopy jumpers to be honest.

And why is it so hard to buy decent plain separates? Try looking for a plain black roll-neck jumper. They're either made of lycra and are far to tight and unflattering for anyone bigger than a size 8, or else they have buttons sewn (badly) onto the cuffs. Or those horrible frilly bits on the shoulders, or, *shudders*, puffy sleeves.

And why do the chain stores have loads and loads of bras and knickers, in lovely colours, but they never match? I'm always picking up lovely bras, then putting them back because they don't sell the matching knickers. I'm bored with plain black and white ☹

It's not just Primark, Sainsburys are doing the same thing. I've seen a Cruella top in there (I must admit, I was tempted, I bloody love Cruella!) and a load of jumpers with characters from the "Peanuts" comic strip. Wtaf? I would imagine that most women who buy clothes in Sainsburys are edging towards middle-age, if not older, I don't think many of us want to wear Snoopy jumpers to be honest.
Uniqlo are guilty of this- they do some really cool limited edition t-shirt designs FOR MEN ONLY and the womens range gets some twee tit like kids cartoon crap. Makes me RAGE. I want to be able to get the cool Blue Note stuff in my size!

Elastic on any clothes. I have a top that I like apart from it has an elasticated waist set too high so am constantly pulling it down. Also elastic on sleeves that cut in and leave marks.
I make a tiny hole at the seam on the inside and cut the elastic with nail scissors. You could even sew it back up if you're feeling motivated, but I didn't bother!

Reactions: 1
Shorts over tights. Its horrible.
My 60 year old SIL thinks this is such a good look - she wears denim shorts over black tights.

This is one I am still undecided about. 3/4 length padded coats without any sleeves. I have tried a really nice one on but wonder about the cold with lack of sleeves and would I have to buy a larger size to wear a hoddie underneath to keep my arms warm or should I just forget it and buy a proper coat and leave these to kids. :)

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
My 60 year old SIL thinks this is such a good look - she wears denim shorts over black tights.

This is one I am still undecided about. 3/4 length padded coats without any sleeves. I have tried a really nice one on but wonder about the cold with lack of sleeves and would I have to buy a larger size to wear a hoddie underneath to keep my arms warm or should I just forget it and buy a proper coat and leave these to kids. :)
I was commenting on someone wearing one of these yesterday. Personally I'd just get annoyed that my arms were cold! 😆

I was commenting on someone wearing one of these yesterday. Personally I'd just get annoyed that my arms were cold! 😆

Reactions: 2
6A06D79D-001B-4447-BCBC-094659C377F9.jpeg

These ugly rough quilted patches they put on coats/jackets.

I like a bit of leopard print. Not head to toe, but a bag or a pair of shoes or a belt. Not all worn at once though.
Same here! ! i do love a bit of leopard print! Sorry lol 😆

And why is it so hard to buy decent plain separates? Try looking for a plain black roll-neck jumper. They're either made of lycra and are far to tight and unflattering for anyone bigger than a size 8, or else they have buttons sewn (badly) onto the cuffs. Or those horrible frilly bits on the shoulders, or, *shudders*, puffy sleeves.

And why do the chain stores have loads and loads of bras and knickers, in lovely colours, but they never match? I'm always picking up lovely bras, then putting them back because they don't sell the matching knickers. I'm bored with plain black and white ☹
omg sorry i love snoopy as well! .....I'll get my coat ! 🤣

Someone please tell me, why did they bring back square toe shoes and visible thongs? I can't believe of all things 90s-2000s, these nightmares are back.

Reactions: 11
OK I'm not middle-aged by some distance but I have a red Snoopy jumper from Bershka, an oversized Snoopy top from Urban Outfitters, and a pair of Snoopy pyjamas from M&S 😳🤣

Reactions: 5
Necklaces with the person’s name on it in cursive. No better than Argos MUM rings.

All of this: bright colours + leather combo, cut outs, neon, printed leggings/denim, cinched everything.

AOT.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed this last week, I just wanted plain stuff, I liked some of the Disney styles and would have bought them if they were plain
The amount of times I find things in Primark that would be lovely without Harry Potter on it!

Reactions: 6
Yeah, there's so much cartoon/film stuff at the moment! I hate it all with an absolute vengeance.

And these cut out/underboob tops the "young people" are wearing, hideous.