Fashion Mumblr #5 Saint Josie and the law of diminishing returns

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When Josie was filming the duvet unboxing you could hear the contempt and irritation in her voice from behind the camera... she definitely thinks he's an idiot too 😊
I actually think she sticks with him because he comes from a very wealthy family and while we think she is the main money maker, he has the larger wealth/inheritance.

Reactions: 6
Umm sorry but how do you know he comes from a wealthy family?

Reactions: 3
I actually think she sticks with him because he comes from a very wealthy family and while we think she is the main money maker, he has the larger wealth/inheritance.
I wonder if she also maybe sticks with him because she thinks a fiancé/husband is a necessary part of her image (especially as she seems to be marketing herself to retirees and trying to imitate a Hyacinth Bucket idealistic Cotswalds Rectalry-chic lifestyle, complete with dated outfits and boy-toy), and she doesn't think she's likely to find someone better immediately if she dumps him (plus, if she did, she might find it harder to get new subscribers watching old vids cause it would seem like a past chapter of her life!).

I mean, where would she really meet a guy these days? An influencer event? She dresses/acts about 20 years older than everyone else at those things, so I don't think anyone would think to take an interest in her, because she doesn't read as "late 20s and ready to mingle."

Also was anyone else amazed by just how much of the latest vlog Charlie managed to spend topless? :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I wonder if she also maybe sticks with him because she thinks a fiancé/husband is a necessary part of her image (especially as she seems to be marketing herself to retirees and trying to imitate a Hyacinth Bucket idealistic Cotswalds Rectalry-chic lifestyle, complete with dated outfits and boy-toy), and she doesn't think she's likely to find someone better immediately if she dumps him (plus, if she did, she might find it harder to get new subscribers watching old vids cause it would seem like a past chapter of her life!).

I mean, where would she really meet a guy these days? An influencer event? She dresses/acts about 20 years older than everyone else at those things, so I don't think anyone would think to take an interest in her, because she doesn't read as "late 20s and ready to mingle."

Also was anyone else amazed by just how much of the latest vlog Charlie managed to spend topless? :LOL:
She’s pimping him out to the middle age women who dream of reliving their younger single days. (no offense to anyone who actually does this). I read some comments from the older ladies drooling in the comments. *gag*
I’m not gonna lie. Her comment section is sometimes a dumpster fire before she goes crazy deleting.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Agreed. Although he is a mooch who brainwashed her into thinking that he's her mentor, I think she uses him too as her househusband, her photographer, her partner on press trips/sponsored holidays and a prop in her Cotswolds idyll.

She wouldn't be able to recreate her envisioned "perfect" life in that huge house on her own and she needs him for wedding/children content for her YT channel later on in her life.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Umm sorry but how do you know he comes from a wealthy family?
So I don't know, hence why I said I think, but here are the things that make me think that:
They met in the Maldives when he was there with family, that's not a cheap place to go and it sounded like that was a regular holiday.
He doesn't seem to have had a real career from what I can tell and yet seems to be no stranger to spending money
Pictures of his family home show it's massive and super expensive looking.
His sister also doesn't seem to work for real
He's way too comfortable spending money for it to be recent and Josie's.

She has put up with a lot of tit from him (the alcoholic nonsense for starters) and she's always seemed not that into him when they talk, like he said when he saw her it was love at first sight and she said it wasn't for her in one of their couples videos from a while back. Also, if you love an alcoholic, you don't bring alcohol into the house and drink in front of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I thought before that she could do better but now I think they are perfect for each other. They both want to lead the same lifestyle and since she has a nasty side to her that I've not seen before, I imagine when he is unpleasant and annoying, she can deal with it . They have been together for a long time and I don't see any reason they will not stay together "for many and many years to come " :) That's what she says for " investment" pieces, that's why the quote :D

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I thought before that she could do better but now I think they are perfect for each other. They both want to lead the same lifestyle and since she has a nasty side to her that I've not seen before, I imagine when he is unpleasant and annoying, she can deal with it . They have been together for a long time and I don't see any reason they will not stay together "for many and many years to come " :) That's what she says for " investment" pieces, that's why the quote :D
If they want to live a proper country style life,he needs to grow his hair and wear more conservative clothes..no pink suits etc ! If you look back at him in the boat with that group of guys,he looks out of place.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
IMG_20200603_115546_403.jpg

Reggie Veggie (IG account VegetableAboutTown)... sent photo to Char this morning captioned "Thumbs up for Fruit & Veg", I think he'll block him soon 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 14

I think she’s been ridiculed by him that much over the years and been his doormat that she doesn’t know where to really turn. He is all she knows and he puts up with her snootiness, her buying needless amount of garbage online to the point where he’s now got a shopping addiction himself. So it’s like they’re both into it together now. Most blokes wouldn’t put up with Josie’s false Downton Abbey act. Sure, they put up with the fake Insta Pretty Little woman Kardashian divas.

But Josie is like her own specimen. The type you need to have a strong stomach to deal with. The endless pink, the false act, living on near to nothing and her breaking down over one of the dogs splitting an end on their fur. As well as her coming out looking like Pat Butcher meets Elle Woods. It’s embarrassing.

But now she’s got Mummy Dearest to break the piggy bank and splash cash on a worn down old house in the countryside to show off. She’s kind of showing her authority in the relationship, it stops Charlie from getting his own way when she can remind him who’s the head from now on and it keeps him, because she’s loaded and she doesn’t want to be alone. I see her quite fragile to be honest, one of them girls who can’t live without a man.

But she does get pissy with him. I can’t blame her at all. The way he spoke to her over the bloody dried crispy flowers she tried to bake. That annoyed me. I’m not keen on Josie much but she doesn’t deserve to be spoke to like she’s a piece of tit. Not nice.

Sometimes I do wonder if she often feels alone with him. Even when he’s with her. Now they’re in a big house. She may feel lonelier but then again, it’s a bonus for when she feels like ditching the swine. At least she can hide in her attic. 😂

Attachments

• Heart
If they want to live a proper country style life,he needs to grow his hair and wear more conservative clothes..no pink suits etc ! If you look back at him in the boat with that group of guys,he looks out of place.
LOL !!! :D When I said that I think they both want the same lifestyle , I didn't mean country lifestyle appropriate to where they are now. That's different. I ment the superficial , all-instagramable, all-pretty, fancy - schmancy posing in front of pretty things and wearing pretty and hopefully expensive and more hopefully gifted items kind of life ;) that they both like and share the same taste for. Not that there is anything too wrong with that....
Honestly, I can't wait when the fall comes, the rain and mud and winter and snow , what "investment," pieces are we going to have recommended to us as opposed to what is really wearable in the real countryside.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
...and I'm not being jealous here or nasty. The house is really beautiful and I do hope they are going to be happy there and adjust well to the change of lifestyle. It's just that they fitted so much better in the city. The contrast now of the real and the unreal ( or call it fake if you want ) is too big . But lucky for me , it's quite fun to watch .

• Haha
Reactions: 10
A couple of my posts have disappeared this morning so I'll repeat myself...
She's passive aggressive... showing the whole world just enough of his behaviour, the dried petal thing and smacking Dexter plus the Tamworth in the Cotswolds comment and duvet unboxing (summer/winter/the meaning of tog) which is just enough to makes him look a tw*t , she could have omitted certain things but she chose to leave them in!!
Not that I don't think he's more than a little dim 😁

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
She's passive aggressive... showing the whole world just enough of his behaviour, the dried petal thing and smacking Dexter plus the Tamworth in the Cotswolds comment and duvet unboxing (summer/winter/the meaning of tog) which is just enough to makes him look a tw*t , she could have omitted certain things but she chose to leave them in!!
Not that I don't think he's more than a little dim 😁
Yep I think she feels lonely and miserable with him, but she conditioned by him through years of nitpicking and subtle putdowns to accept it and she doesn't know how to address it in a constructive way (hence the dog voices to him when she wants to criticise him). As a result of this all her anger towards him comes out in a very passive aggressive way.

Plus she has her own agenda in which he fits perfectly (after he grows his hair out, stops drinking and acting like a thug).

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I wouldn’t surprised if her closet ends up looking like Lydia’s (based on the snippet from her IG)

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I wouldn’t surprised if her closet ends up looking like Lydia’s (based on the snippet from her IG)
Just like we expected, Lydia's and Victoria's ghastly dressing rooms all over again 🙄:
20200604_145351.jpg

She dresses like Julia Engel and she copies God knows how many other people. Who is she without all of that? 🥴

• Haha
  • Sick
How can they disappear ? Did she delete them hahaha

Just saw a post by a new poster and now that has gone too. Didnt have time to comment

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.