Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nono

Just my point of view:

Josie’s Instagram Account like any of ours isn’t a personal account, it’s a business account, it’s a company/organization in itself, that is a medium of her earning income like an office. If tomorrow you go for a client meeting and see a racist post, will you call it out or not? That is literally the scenario here.
She has to label her posts AD because as a business she’s supposed to. we don’t have to because we are private individuals.

You guys aren’t sharing her family’s photographs, you aren’t running ads making fun of face/body. You aren’t making stories about her. You are just sharing someone’s post. You are informing her clients( you are their clients too) about her practices. If a companies is scamming someone you report it, clients are informed about malpractices.

In US senators (Atleast one I know of) were asked to resign over blackface. Was that considered bullying? No. She hasn’t even apologized for the whole thing. She is that stubborn and believes she is right.

Don’t feed into the hysteria here, I won’t apologize for calling someone out on their misdeeds. Racism isn’t a new topic, with her private education she should have been more aware of that. She wasn’t a teenager in 2013, she was 22/23. A legal adult who has the right choose the prime minister, vote etc. All she had to do was apologize. All this would have gone away but clearly she believes she is right.
Isn't it tricky with these influencers? They are brands and do sell themselves as such. But since they put their friendly faces to it, it becomes difficult to draw the line between business and person. Josie made herself a business, a brand. She has to handle it and thus herself (or whatever she chooses to share) as such. You cannot feel sorry for her sweet face if she messes up due to questionable stuff she posts publicly because it is her business that messed up. Sure, it is hard to differentiate, but she's the CEO of Fashion Mumblr. If she, Josie, as Fashion Mumblr, acts shady she ought to be held accountable - as you'd do with every other business that hasn't plastered their friendly visage all over their company. I hope you can follow... Just want to stress that you shouldn't feel bad for the person behind the brand if the person as the brand misbehaves. Do call it out. IMHO it's not personal, but factual.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

lolasaysciao

it bothers me that she basically just stopped advocating BLM the second #blackouttuesday was over ... I get that influencers' work is their instagram and their job is to be ~aesthetic~ and ~aspirational~, but if you care about anything outside of your bubble it is totally possible to find a balance between the two and not just be blatantly performative (see: Freddy, who has at least managed more than 24hrs of advocacy, and has managed to make it actually about BLM, rather than just "you guys are wrong to shame me for not seeming to care" à la Josie)

• Heart

Woo_63

Chatty Member
A couple of my posts have disappeared this morning so I'll repeat myself...
She's passive aggressive... showing the whole world just enough of his behaviour, the dried petal thing and smacking Dexter plus the Tamworth in the Cotswolds comment and duvet unboxing (summer/winter/the meaning of tog) which is just enough to makes him look a tw*t , she could have omitted certain things but she chose to leave them in!!
Not that I don't think he's more than a little dim 😁

Last edited:
  • Heart

PettyBettyBoop

VIP Member
Oh my god - Of course! HAHAHAHAHA.

Didn't she try to justify it saying she's clean? It's like babes you try it on and if it's a no you take it off and return it, you don't run errands or go about tasks wearing the items you're not going to keep - gross
Yes- she even made a comparison that she wasn't in the polluted city. lol

• Haha

YEWTEWBAH

Fake ass making out shes for blm, there are receipts out there! we know what she really thinks about black/brown ppl and other minoritys.

Can't stand these posers, if you aren't genuine in being an ally and standing up against racism then fuck off.

Do not use what is happening right now for clicks and likes.

LMAO the post was from GOOP! She couldn't even write something herself - Disgraceful!

• Sad

Lechat

VIP Member
quite a lot of text for a non apology. A lot of poor me though. Come on Josie, you negotiate deals with brands to sell ad space on your channel. Why can’t you handle this? Why can’t you accept you’ve fucked up, need to apologise and show some humility.

• Heart

Iris1969

VIP Member
For me I think that it is about her voice - is she trying to sound 'posh' or is their something wrong with her mouth - she sometimes sounds to me as if she has a marble in her throat - its weird. I also find it strange that she is so wealthy - just bought a house and they keep buying expensive stuff everyday - for example Charlie buys really expensive items for the kitchen - but he is not a michelin chef - it will not make him a better cook - so in some ways he looks like a jackass for wasting money.
I am new here.
Welcome, take a seat. We've already started. Hope you don't mind 😉.

And they don't spend a penny. Everything is always "kindly gifted" or "bought" with a voucher, except for their weekly groceries from Waitrose, but she's working on it 😆.

And Petty: GMTA 😂.

• Haha

YEWTEWBAH

What is wrong with these people? 🤯
View attachment 145763
Please Petty, say it's you and put me out of my misery 🥺.
Oh my god ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Maybe the 10 year old one in the Instagram pics isn't hers and she is trying for a new one from Barbour.
In no way am i going to believe that is a 10+ year old Barbour, the buttons and material looks brand new!

And I may be wrong but I swear in a recent vlog she tried on a waxed jacket and said that she didn't have one - but it wasn't barbour - I can't remember and nor can I be arsed to go back through the flogs.

@Iris1969 I think the girl is in Australia but still. Like someone said, she watched it all in 1 minute? Lol

A lost soldier appeared
View attachment 145908

Thank you Josie. We knew it’s an act.
View attachment 145920

When LaLa comes to rescue
View attachment 145919
And on being shamed into action, Josie, darling, we aren't shaming you into action, we are shaming you for not doing anything except pushing affiliate links and ads when there are big issue going on in the world, we are shaming your blatant disregard to the world around you. We EXPECT you to do something positive with your platform, that goes beyond marketing a privileged lifestyle...

Last edited:
  • Heart

Catchingstars2134

Chatty Member
Messaged Ted Baker...partially because I love their clothing and I’d hate to think they’re continuing their partnership with her.

• Heart

Woo_63

Chatty Member
Nah she can’t, because we are sharing someone’s post not ours to start with. Also this exposes her as a racist.
Any lawyers here to confirm?
And can any solicitors here confirm that sending fruit and veg photos isn't illegal.... very concerned for VegetableAboutTown 😃

• Haha
I know this comment is going to get me so much hate from you all but I truly do think you’re all taking it a step too far trying to ruin her career and jeopardise her brand deals.
If you don’t like josie don’t watch her videos or follow along with her life, let alone try to ruin her career. This is mass bullying, and it’s things like this that put so much pressure on people in the spotlight they end up like Caroline flack. I’m sure every single one of you at SOME point in your life has made a remark that someone would deem as racist. Leave the poor girl alone. She made the comment in 2013. People grow, people make mistakes.
Amena Khan and Munroe Bergdorf made historic tweets but they lost income/revenue by having to resign and/or being fired my LOreal... is it’s because they are WOC no one supported them? Now we are all feeling sorry I for Josie a privileged white woman? I do feel sorry for her and I agree she since 2013 she probably has a grown, but she has still been dishonest since then. Are we now all
Worried for ourselves and any repercussions because we’ve made comments on a forum or elsewhere because we’ve disagreed with her racists tweets
From the past and her subsequent dishonest business practice?

• Heart
  • Sad

Appleblossom

VIP Member
I have missed today's vlog comments.
So, it was a compliment to Freddy that got Sandra in the end and not anything else she said???
Have we found Josies Achilles heel?

• Haha

PettyBettyBoop

VIP Member
it bothers me that she basically just stopped advocating BLM the second #blackouttuesday was over ... I get that influencers' work is their instagram and their job is to be ~aesthetic~ and ~aspirational~, but if you care about anything outside of your bubble it is totally possible to find a balance between the two and not just be blatantly performative (see: Freddy, who has at least managed more than 24hrs of advocacy, and has managed to make it actually about BLM, rather than just "you guys are wrong to shame me for not seeming to care" à la Josie)
This just shows how empty and shallow Josie is. She doesn't give a f*ck about you, me, or anyone else. She will sell her soul for a penny if it came down to it. She is a business woman but she is selfish and not compassionate. She only did the Black Out Tuesday because bandwagon not because she truly cared to make a difference (hence that the minute the 24hrs were up-it was deleted). She has a lot of growing up. The same way she built up, she can come down.

• Heart