Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Iris1969

VIP Member
She's really milking this "It's not my fault, so stop bullying me"-act by using this black person's quote for her own personal gain, isn't she?
20200605_235247.jpg

No hun, they weren't talking about it being OK for you to be an ignorant fool 🙄.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

Plonker

I just watched yesterday’s vlog and at first she says that the bruises at her chin are from the blackhead remover, so she shows things first for the cash and then tests them? Shouldn’t she be testing stuff at first and see if they work then promote them ? Such an irresponsible behavior 🙄
Absolutely agree. Totally irresponsible. Not at all researched and clearly not tested. She really should of suggested to people with skin concerns that they might be best to check with a dermatologist first etc. But noo all about the coinage!
On a separate note Iv Googled the brand and can’t find anything about them. Lots of £8 and under machines from like Wish etc coming up. I didn’t swipe up to see where it was being sold but it seems like a cheap machine being sold for more! Hmm maybe it routed to lalas account and were doing Zimmermangate again but blackhead removers this time hahaha. And trying the machine and advertising it in a dress your returning to net-a-porter just makes me feel queasy ewww!!

• Haha
  • Wow

AllAboutMeeeeeee

I can't wait for her to receive that email or call from Caudalie telling her that they are ending their collaboration and future work stuff.

Absolutely!! 100%

However, Josie was doing it to be malicious in the attempts that her fans would bully the girl. Josie is literally trying to educate a WOC. She should just STFU and listen. Educate herself, take a break from social media, and then come back when she really comes to terms on how much of a shit person she is and is honestly working on herself.
Yes Josie was definitely being malicious and trying to get her minions to start on the person she tagged in the story.
Her and Charlie are perfect for each other. She has been good at hiding her true self up until now but think once people have started calling her out for stuff the veil has dropped!

• Heart
  • Angry

PettyBettyBoop

VIP Member
I’m actually quite impressed that people are calling her out for not giving the writers proper credit and I’m also smh 🤦‍♀️ at the ones who think it’s okay for her crediting the writers with a tag. Honestly, I’d be pissed if someone did that to me, especially my work, my voice, my story, my words. Not even my name is mentioned.

Again, I may have my thoughts about Freddy but at least she’s literally trying. She made a few posts, offered other ways to generate funds for the cause (free to us but it generates money by viewing ads), and donated to a cause in the UK.

This just shows how shallow and how self absorbed she is. We are truly dealing with human rights issues and brutality of force towards citizens. We are dealing with people suffering from both sides of this all. We are just suffering, struggling, figuring out our new normal, and it’s chaos. But hey, a 15% discount code is exactly what we need! 🤦‍♀️

• Angry

rosie000

LMAO imagine being privately educated and graduating university not knowing how to avoid plagiarism! Imagine receiving so much praise all one's life (she talked about her straight A's in school) that there's no room for a healthy amount of self doubt.

I think Josie's really digging her own grave by pulling stunts like these! Stealing the work of black people on a day the world stands together to address racism against black people? Really, Josie? 🤦‍♀️ You aren't even sorry when you get caught! Those Zimmerman dupes won't be forgotten

Last edited:
  • Heart

frocktalk

I have a legal background and I don't know what claim she'd have against us. Criminal law isn't my specialty, admittedly, but I do know a little about defamation, which is what I suspect she'd try to go after people for. Defamation is a strict liability offence - dependent on facts of defamation and not the intention of the defendant. As a person, she would have a right to sue for defamation. A permanent statement would potentially be libellous, rather than slanderous (Monson v Tussauds). It is no longer a crime. She can take action if she can prove that she suffered serious harm (s1(1) Defamation Act 2013 ("DA")).

For a statement to be defamatory, it must have lowered Josie in the eyes of right-thinking members of society generally (Sim v Stretch), cause Josie to be shunned or avoided (Youssoupoff v MGN) or expose her to hatred, ridicule or contempt (Berkoff v Burchill). She's been named, so the cases I know on identification are irrelevant. The statement must be published to a valid third party - that's satisfied as this is a public site. A repeat libel is still libel (s8 DA). But then comes the fun part: Defences.

Truth would be our defence. It is available under s2 DA and it is absolute. The sting of the libel needs to be true - in this case I would say that the sting is what Stephanie called out. That is what is going to cause Josie harm. Therefore it is a defamatory imputation of fact, the burden is on us to prove that she posted those stories, which there are screenshots of, so that's satisfied & any malice, knowledge and fault of our members is considered to be irrelevant.

Therefore, I would not advise Josie, if I were her solicitor, to take on a case of defamation. It would blow up in her face, she would lose money and she would further damage her reputation. This is a really abridged answer, but yeah it would be throwing good money after bad.
SaltyCaramelTart had the TIME today, gals and pals! 👏

(And probably saved Josie a consult with her attorney.)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

YEWTEWBAH

I agree that I wouldn't personally want to ruin her brand deals or business relationships - That doesn't feel right to me, which is why I didn't send Stephanie's story to anyone

HOWEVER, I will hold her accountable for the way she reacts to situations, her comments and the way she deals with social issues. I think the whole point of the current debate in the world is to be held accountable whether in public or in private. Most of us choose to lead private lives where we are judged and dissected by our friends/family/colleagues, for better or worse. If you have chosen a path to be in the public eye then surely you cannot expect there to be no scrutiny in the things you say and do.

My way with words is harsh and if that causes offence I apologise but this whole situation between COVID-19 and BLM has had a personal effect on all our lives and as a public figure she has a duty to raise light to these issues whether she likes it or not, except she continues in life like nothing has happened or the world around her is somehow exempt from these issues by either not discussing it/providing sources for her followers to be informed (if she herself needs that education too) or by breaking lockdown and dismissing the notion that she is putting others at risk because there are bigger issues in the world (alcoholism and depression)

I like all of you wish her nothing but the best and want her to succeed, but a harsh wake up call needs to be made for her to realise that we aren't all living in the most perfect cotswold bubble and that most of us have to face some pretty harsh realities in life.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Vanessajenkins

I just realised that she has disabled comments on ALL of her Instagram photos. And still no upload on YT. I think she’s realised that she has messed up.

• Heart
  • Angry

Pippa M

VIP Member
Touching your face a lot is a sign of lying.

Lying gives you stress you want to alleviate by touching your face and it's also a subconscious effort to cover your mouth, so you won't be able to speak.

(OMG I sound just like know-it-all Charlie 😱)
You didnt go as far as Charlyboy...he would have said where ( and why) the lying and stress originate... and how it moved to the Cotswolds

• Haha

JustAPasserby

I just watched yesterday’s vlog and at first she says that the bruises at her chin are from the blackhead remover, so she shows things first for the cash and then tests them? Shouldn’t she be testing stuff at first and see if they work then promote them ? Such an irresponsible behavior 🙄

• Heart

Rondoodle

VIP Member
I know no white influencers will publicly call her out but I do hope that in private this makes things awkward for her. If I was them I would not want to be doing a job or going on a brand trip with her now! I’m sure all this has not gone unnoticed.

• Heart
  • Haha

Iris1969

VIP Member
* Coming up for air *

I don't like the floral cushions I thought I loved earlier. Oh well, that saves me £ 300 🤷‍♀️.

And back I go again * wwwwoooossshhhh *

• Haha

Lionessbar

Even if she were to put up an apology - I just don't think i could accept it.

Like we all already know she's been fawning over her garden and a mac and cheese - that at this point would just feel like a PR Apology to justify her wrongdoings and not a lesson.
She has had plenty of time to explain and apologise. Now she's gaslighted and cried wolf. I will not accept any apology from her. She is a privileged nitwit. I think more people should write to her sponsors. I definitely will. She has no shame! She chose a bad time and place to feign the victim (again).

• Heart

PettyBettyBoop

VIP Member
I’m making a list and checking it twice. They are going find out you are naughty and not nice. Karma is coming to Cotswolds. Karma is coming to Cotswolds. Karma is coming to the Cotswolds.

Sweaty Betty- Elemis are just a few other brands

• Haha