Fashion Mumblr #4 We need to talk. Don’t Believe Your Eyes, believe My Lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I reported Josie to the ASA a while back for some undisclosed ads/brand deals, here is part of their reply:

"Thank you for your patience whilst we’ve been considering your complaints about Fashion Mumblr.
We have assessed the issues you raised, and consider the influencer may have potentially breached our rules. We have taken steps to address this.
We have explained your concerns to the advertiser and provided guidance to them on the areas that require attention, together with advice on how to ensure that their advertising complies with the Codes in future.
Thank you once again for taking the time to raise your concerns with us. Comments such as yours help us to understand the issues that matter to consumers and we will keep a record of your complaint on file for use in future monitoring."

1. they let her know she broke the rules, "steps to address this" could have been a warning or a fine, who knows
2. they let the brand know their influencer broke ASA rules
3. they keep a record of complaints against brands and influencers for "future monitoring", inferring that a pattern of repeated violations can result in more serious consequences

If you see anything that looks like an undisclosed ad (product placement, highly biased review, etc), I encourage you to consider making a complaint to the ASA. It's a simple, short form to fill out and it helps keep influencers and brands accountable.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Where did she say this?
Some time ago in a vlog, she talked about The Secret and she also talked about the fact that she loved watching and reading about conspiracy theories and the more she talked the more nonsense came out of her mouth. I was gobsmacked tbh 🥴.

So I reported Josie to the ASA a while back for some undisclosed ads/brand deals, here is part of their reply:

"Thank you for your patience whilst we’ve been considering your complaints about Fashion Mumblr.
We have assessed the issues you raised, and consider the influencer may have potentially breached our rules. We have taken steps to address this.
We have explained your concerns to the advertiser and provided guidance to them on the areas that require attention, together with advice on how to ensure that their advertising complies with the Codes in future.
Thank you once again for taking the time to raise your concerns with us. Comments such as yours help us to understand the issues that matter to consumers and we will keep a record of your complaint on file for use in future monitoring."

1. they let her know she broke the rules, "steps to address this" could have been a warning or a fine, who knows
3. they keep a record of complaints against brands and influencers for "future monitoring", inferring that a pattern of repeated violations can result in more serious consequences

If you see anything that looks like an undisclosed ad (product placement, highly biased review, etc), I encourage you to consider making a complaint to the ASA. It's a simple, short form to fill out and it helps keep influencers and brands accountable.
20200601_160658.jpg

👏👏👏

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Where did she say this?

I do see what you're saying. Whenever I have felt low in my life, the best thing for it has been helping others. I have volunteered for many charities over the years and participated in several causes. It's empowering to help others and that empowerment instils self-confidence & builds self-esteem, which does lead to happiness. So from a spiritual point of view, I'm inclined to agree, but I do have a very hard time accepting that what has happened to me is the result of karma or law of attraction.
Bad things happen to good people, bad people have power, status and material success. It doesn't equate to happiness necessarily as all of those things are material, whereas true happiness is not. I wouldn't go so far as to say that happiness is a state of mind and it's certainly not a choice, but it isn't inextricably linked with material possessions (although wealth is a great comforter which aids happiness by providing security and not everyone has equal access to that).
I can see what you are saying and I appreciate your point of view. I certainly do not think that you attracted the bad things into your life at all. In fact I think ppl who talk about The Secret should focus on positivity to overcome any negative situation rather than preach and make others feel like it's their fault something happened! The way I think of things is slightly different.. Because I'm Buddhist I believe that when something bad happens to me, it is because of something I did in my life or a past life (karma). I guess for me, it gives me an explanation as to why things happen and it helps me except it and move on. This is my own personal belief though and doesn't reflect on you or anyone else though. I think through your experiences you've come out as a stronger and better person. It's funny how Josie pedals The Secret and calls us trolls. We have such wonderful individuals here. She could really learn a thing or two! No wonder she comes here for ideas!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

I did too. I haven't heard back from them since May 13.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh for goodness sake. Charlie has just had another brainwave. People need two duvets: one for summer, one for winter. No sh*t Sherlock! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Yep, he has been an alcoholic for many years, but now he is a dry one. And you're right that she shouldn't have that much alcohol in the house if he is struggling, like she said he is. That's why we think she used it as an excuse in her little rant the other day and denied it later on.

This 2016 video is an example of her real relationship with the real Charlie (not as idyllic as she wants to make it seem):
Wow, it's amazing how much more relatable she is in this video... reminds me why I started watching her before and lost interest later.

I haven't watched today's vlog, and I probably won't, but the title being "finally we can relax" is unacceptable. As if she's had the most trying past few weeks? As if there aren't massive issues in the world occurring right now? I'm terribly sorry it's been so exhausting to putter around your beautiful new home, unbox gifted products, and make poor design choices daaaaarling!

Read the room, Josie.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
So she is actively pushing a blackhead this that has clearly given her really deep bruising. It looks like someone has punched her!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Has she never heard the saying "make hay while the sun shines" the d*ck head 🤨

• Haha
Very suspicious about the farmer working ....and there he was wrapping the hay up in plastic..gasp !

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Very suspicious about the farmer working ....and there he was wrapping the hay up in plastic..gasp !
I was waiting for her to say something about the plastic.... but I think she thought better of it 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I did too. I haven't heard back from them since May 13.
They took about a month to get back to me, so I think their offices are probably quite understaffed or busy at the moment. They're doing their best in the fight against dishonesty and greed :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Do I need to watch this vlog? I'm literally living through everyone's posts here <3
Not unless you want to see a bruised chin,the doggies in the paddling pool and Charlie in the doggy bed and the BBQ burgers and the walk round the garden to the tune of the poor farmer hard at work...not visible so a trip upstairs to check what he was up to...

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.