Fashion Mumblr #4 We need to talk. Don’t Believe Your Eyes, believe My Lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she has my Hyacinth blocked. *cries*
E66776FA-F681-42C2-8A01-B44BBB717C7A.jpeg

Btw- she can’t even link an item without an affiliate link. The GREED is real.
4403A826-77F0-412F-A7B4-2CC4520638F4.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I've been quiet about this but I honestly had to say this.
I've seen so many bloggers/influencers share so much info on their accounts about what's happening. Some of them stopped posting photos to be sensitive, some have changed the grids they really care about to post about awareness of the situation going on, and these are big and small bloggers. (I'm from India but I follow several UK bloggers.)

I don't think Josie deserves the platform she has if she can't use it for good. What kind of influencer are you if you can't use your loud voice for people who aren't heard. You use it to complain about such trivial things but can't even share one donation link or one post that's actually contributing to the situation.

And it's not just this situation, I'm talking in general. Why are you so greedy that you cannot stop for one day, trying to make people spend on things they don't need, and just talk about what's happening in the REAL WORLD.

When I think of Josie, what I picture is a lady in a white, floral dress holding up a camera vlogging while there's a fire burning just outside the walls of her house and she doesn't care as long as it doesn't hurt her house/flowers/whatever.

Yes, you can be an escape from reality BUT that doesn't mean you ignore and desensitize what's going on COMPLETELY. If you want to keep it away from your vlogs and grid, at least post to stories. She thinks she's all that. Even people who are much, much bigger than her have at least shared something about the topic.

I believe I have never seen someone so shallow and selfish. Never seen someone so undeserving of the title "influencer".

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I've been quiet about this but I honestly had to say this.
I've seen so many bloggers/influencers share so much info on their accounts about what's happening. Some of them stopped posting photos to be sensitive, some have changed the grids they really care about to post about awareness of the situation going on, and these are big and small bloggers. (I'm from India but I follow several UK bloggers.)

I don't think Josie deserves the platform she has if she can't use it for good. What kind of influencer are you if you can't use your loud voice for people who aren't heard. You use it to complain about such trivial things but can't even share one donation link or one post that's actually contributing to the situation.

And it's not just this situation, I'm talking in general. Why are you so greedy that you cannot stop for one day, trying to make people spend on things they don't need, and just talk about what's happening in the REAL WORLD.

When I think of Josie, what I picture is a lady in a white, floral dress holding up a camera vlogging while there's a fire burning just outside the walls of her house and she doesn't care as long as it doesn't hurt her house/flowers/whatever.

Yes, you can be an escape from reality BUT that doesn't mean you ignore and desensitize what's going on COMPLETELY. If you want to keep it away from your vlogs and grid, at least post to stories. She thinks she's all that. Even people who are much, much bigger than her have at least shared something about the topic.

I believe I have never seen someone so shallow and selfish. Never seen someone so undeserving of the title "influencer".
So true! What bugs me the most is that her blind followers still see her as caring and sweet 😢.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
The chance to play Sherlock and Simon Cowell at once never disappoints.

Excuse my bad cropping but I caught this one last night, it was gone within minutes.
Wow, whoever left that comment, that's so rude! I'm gonna have to take Josie's side for this one. She may be a liar, scammer, and terrible influence, but calling her a "r*tard" or someone with a learning disability is offensive! No one deserves to be treated that way!

So true! What bugs me the most is that her blind followers still see her as caring and sweet 😢.
I personally don't feel bad for those who are living happy lives, preaching how The Secret saved their lives, lol.

• Sad
Wow, whoever left that comment, that's so rude! I'm gonna have to take Josie's side for this one. She may be a liar, scammer, and terrible influence, but calling her a "r*tard" or someone with a learning disability is offensive! No one deserves to be treated that way!

I personally don't feel bad for those who are living happy lives, preaching how The Secret saved their lives, lol.
It is rude but I think the critical posts are turning retaliatory. Everyone tired of the BS.

Reactions: 6
Of course! I'm not discussing if she has a clean record - all I am saying is that at least it seems a little more in touch with what is currently happening in the world and using her platform to inform.

That by no means makes her good or decent - I just respect the decision she has made.
I agree, obviously it it would be better if she genuinely meant it and hand to just copied everylne else, but to be honest when you have a platform that big, it almost doesn’t matter it’s just a really good way to try and get a message round, lots of these influencers have young viewers who believe everything they say, so you never know, the fact they’ve shared just one thing about it may encourage at least just a couple of their viewers to read something or learn more about it. It is sad that influencers just jump on the band wagon, but you never know, it still might do some good.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
She's happy to preach about plastic pollution, but anything else, watch the news, she's just an escape from real life darlings.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
She caved
Finally.

She might have posted racist comments in the past, and that's not ok, but there's always room for an individual to learn and grow from their mistakes.

I'm happy she's at least starting to do something.

Reactions: 5
I probably won’t bother to comment anymore, but they really are sheep. I’ve never felt the need to defend someone I don’t know online. It’s mind boggling
The most cringe comments come from her viewers profusely thanking her for the content and agreeing how hard it is to produce. Are they not cognizant that she has targeted and marketed to them in all 30 minutes?

• Haha
Finally.

She might have posted racist comments in the past, and that's not ok, but there's always room for an individual to learn and grow from their mistakes.

I'm happy she's at least starting to do something.
I would like to think that she wants to or even has the ability to grow as a person, but from what I've seen so far, I think it's just an easy way for her to shut people up 🥴.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I would like to think that she wants to or even has the ability to grow as a person, but from what I've seen so far, I think it's just an easy way for her to shut people up 🥴.
I know, sadly that may be the case. But if this post encourages even one other person to stand up against the issue, it's helpful. ♥

Reactions: 4
I tried a quick google of that make of black head cleaner, I can’t even find it. I obviously don’t want one haha I just was nosey to see how much she was trying to trick poor people into bruising their own faces for 🤣😂. The company will be delighted she admitted that and didn’t hide the bruises but hey as long as Josie got her money for the insta post & lures unsuspecting “fans” out their money she won’t care!

Reactions: 2
She's happy to preach about plastic pollution, but anything else, watch the news, she's just an escape from real life darlings.
Because she can cash on that topic but getting "freebies sustainable products"

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.