Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LunaJ

We have been keeping a secret: our house is actually even bigger than you thought hahaha you’re all so poor

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Yep, he has been an alcoholic for many years, but now he is a dry one. And you're right that she shouldn't have that much alcohol in the house if he is struggling, like she said he is. That's why we think she used it as an excuse in her little rant the other day and denied it later on.

This 2016 video is an example of her real relationship with the real Charlie (not as idyllic as she wants to make it seem):
Having left my husband because of his drinking I would advise her to get him help or get out. There is nothing you can do on your own.

When I first saw them "gardening" I knew, that not a single plant will survive. How can they be so clueless?!
They will ruin the garden just as the house by adding things that just don't fit in here and there, the need a plan before changing anything.
Or a professional landscape gardener...
Pressing herbs into big chucks of dry soil won't work and neither will digging super tiny holes along the wall to put roses into these holes :rolleyes: :cautious:
I used to follow Josie...thought she was hard-working and honest...er....anyway, I just can't with the gardening..... but then I'm a qualified garden designer with horticulture qualifications too. It makes my eyes bleed 🤤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Kindred

Oh gosh, this is going to sound so crude but they look like bj trousers, with the knee patches. 🙈😅 sorry for lowering the tone... very common of me.

• Haha

Catchingstars2134

Chatty Member
D96DB9EC-DC6A-4A9F-9C59-D8A235C7D501.jpeg

I always like to believe people, but she lies so much that I’m not sure I do believe this. At any rate, she surely got help to buy the Clapham house? And then she used that money for this current house.

• Heart
  • Wow

SaltyCaramelTart

I am so sorry you had to go through that. Don’t let these privileged morons get to you. She lives in a fairytale she’s created for herself, nothing beyond that matters to her. She cant even comprehend the situations every individual has been possibly been through and since she’s had a privileged life she will brush it all under the carpet. But unlike her, you stood up for yourself and made life altering decisions for yourself and that requires guts and character. You will heal, maybe not today, but someday. You can always reach out to anyone of us, just for a chat or even a rant. Hugs.
I don't know how to privately message people on here, but thank you so much. Every day is a process and I know I will rebuild. Aside from trauma from some men (this sadly isn't the first time something like this has happened to me), I have an amazing family, supportive friends and I have a very privileged life in general. It's just infuriating to see people pushing the toxic positivity especially when 2020 is a dumpster fire for so many people. Thank you so much for your kind words, I'll try to figure out how to DM 💖

• Heart

InnerBeauty

Yep, he has been an alcoholic for many years, but now he is a dry one. And you're right that she shouldn't have that much alcohol in the house if he is struggling, like she said he is. That's why we think she used it as an excuse in her little rant the other day and denied it later on.

This 2016 video is an example of her real relationship with the real Charlie (not as idyllic as she wants to make it seem):
Awww. I actually found this quite sad. She seemed so genuine here (real accent, genuine emotions, humble...)

What happens to influencers when they get famous? Why do they lose themselves? So sad. I’ve unfollowed all of them now because I can’t support what it turns them into.

If Charlie really is suffering with this then I hope he overcomes it and that they are both healthy moving forward. I wouldn’t ever wish something like that on anyone.

• Sad
Reactions: 19

notsoposh

VIP Member
I don't know how to privately message people on here, but thank you so much. Every day is a process and I know I will rebuild. Aside from trauma from some men (this sadly isn't the first time something like this has happened to me), I have an amazing family, supportive friends and I have a very privileged life in general. It's just infuriating to see people pushing the toxic positivity especially when 2020 is a dumpster fire for so many people. Thank you so much for your kind words, I'll try to figure out how to DM 💖
You can click on someone's name and you'll find start a conversation.

2020 has been a horrible year all-around. People everywhere have been through some of the worst days anyone can possibly imagine, some more so than others. I felt so bad when I read your post, all I wanted do was reach out to you and say everything will be fine. You will definitely come out of this stronger ♥

21DD69BC-4C4B-46E2-9494-C5F6BD45300B.jpeg

I am so writing an email to Net-a-porter. She should be banned like Anthropologie did. People aren’t paying ridiculous amounts for her dirty clothes.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Nikki_

I've been quiet about this but I honestly had to say this.
I've seen so many bloggers/influencers share so much info on their accounts about what's happening. Some of them stopped posting photos to be sensitive, some have changed the grids they really care about to post about awareness of the situation going on, and these are big and small bloggers. (I'm from India but I follow several UK bloggers.)

I don't think Josie deserves the platform she has if she can't use it for good. What kind of influencer are you if you can't use your loud voice for people who aren't heard. You use it to complain about such trivial things but can't even share one donation link or one post that's actually contributing to the situation.

And it's not just this situation, I'm talking in general. Why are you so greedy that you cannot stop for one day, trying to make people spend on things they don't need, and just talk about what's happening in the REAL WORLD.

When I think of Josie, what I picture is a lady in a white, floral dress holding up a camera vlogging while there's a fire burning just outside the walls of her house and she doesn't care as long as it doesn't hurt her house/flowers/whatever.

Yes, you can be an escape from reality BUT that doesn't mean you ignore and desensitize what's going on COMPLETELY. If you want to keep it away from your vlogs and grid, at least post to stories. She thinks she's all that. Even people who are much, much bigger than her have at least shared something about the topic.

I believe I have never seen someone so shallow and selfish. Never seen someone so undeserving of the title "influencer".

• Heart

liliyanie

hey guys, i reported her mirabeau wine story as bullying then send a message to mirabeau via instagram as i thought they should be held accountable but they blocked me :) i knew they were not professional since they leak the information but i didn't expect this much.

• Wow
  • Haha

beautyblogger123

VIP Member
Just occurred to me - all her whining about not having a freezer/washing machine etc was a complete lie - they were sitting in the coach house the whole time

• Wow
  • Angry

PettyBettyBoop

VIP Member
90AE02C7-0501-40F2-8B2B-143C7700DCD2.jpeg

I thought this quote was extremely valid when it comes to influencers and especially Josie.
They seek validation HARD and have to sell this fantasy to stay relevant!

Another day begins here and I see the promised video did not arrive as it downloaded, obviously saved for tonight....

Harking back to her admiration of The Secret reminded me that in the Bible ,Tithing was recommended as being the way to go.... maybe she didnt read about that, giving is GOOD. So get some giving done girl,plenty of needy people out there and your drawers and cupboards overflow with things you dont really need.
The only giving she believes in is the giving of of her viewers pockets to her bank account!

Last edited:
  • Heart

Bunny94

I'm watching Josie and Charlie walk around the garden centre. They are even obsessed with the brands of the benches or the roses. Get over yourself. Also to say she is where she is because of the secret is so offensive and blind to her privilege. She was brought up in a wealthy household and privately educated. Even though she worked in retail and had to save to make the permanent move to influencing, the risk was significantly less worrying knowing she could fall back on Lala if everything went wrong. She's on another planet

• Heart

PettyBettyBoop

VIP Member
What really BOTHERS me to the core with her and others in her position is how they gloat around with no care. There is nothing genuine, nothing humble, nothing real. Not a tear, no compassion, nothing. It's just "me", "oh poor me", "me, me, me'. Just pure greed and selfishness. I just looked again at her IG and there she is gloating around how she envisioned her current house (again-making claims to her law of attraction). ITS a PSEUDOSCIENCE (law of attraction)!! NO real scientific backing. It's basically just greed wrapped up nicely. There is nothing wrong with wanting to better yourself but this isn't it.

I'm not jealous. I don't really care for her lifestyle. I have worked hard for everything that I own and have. I'm very happy with my life but I'm not happy with all the loss the world is experiencing right now. I'm sad about the injustices, illnesses, losses, and fear that many are experiencing. People are starving and here these 2 idiots are so worried about getting fresh eggs or shopping at specific luxury grocery stores.

Then these idiots want to try to censor people. People have sacrificed to be heard, to speak, to voice their opinions and they want to contribute to shutting people up.

I needed to vent because the more I think of it all deeply, they are all very disturbing individuals who only see themselves. YOU and me, never matter unless we bring them money.

• Heart

PettyBettyBoop

VIP Member
Hello everyone.

I just wanted to say a massive thank you. I've followed Josie for around 2 years and have never missed a video. I occasionally buy stuff from her links (takes a sip from my new le creuset mug from diss ironworks under the watchful gaze of my bloom and wild flowers) and have put loads of lovely encouraging comments on her videos but I just haven't been comfortable with how she has totally disregarded the rules of lockdown - we know problems don't go away, but everyone else is dealing with them and following the lockdown so people don't die, it's not about risk assessing and concluding your family are safe it's about following the rules so everyone's family gets a chance to be safe (maybe she needs to imagine what all the poor people who have died in the uk would look like piled in the aisles at daylesford before she gets it?). Then her playing the bullying card and accusing people of trolling her when she was called out on it made me go and have a look at what was actually being said.

The first thing I found was a link to thread number 3 here and the reference to "Zimmerman dupes". I knew the second I read it exactly what that was referring to, I followed the link on those dresses last year and was met with an ebay page with no selling history, i thought it was odd but wasnt planning on buying one anyway so didn't think any more about it. It seems now I know the truth. Not only about this but about a whole other bunch of stuff that I know to be true if I'd stopped to think about it earlier.

So thanks for staging an intervention for me. I have unsubscribed from everything and deleted my internet cookies to hopefully get rid of all her affiliate links. It's a strange irony that had she glossed over it or (shock horror) told the truth and taken responsibility and not laid a trail of breadcrumbs to this site then I'd still be part of the cheerleading squad!
Welcome!!
We really aren’t bad as she has portrayed us to be. We literally crack a joke here and there and comment on the hypocrisy.
This is an awesome group of people from all over the world actually.

• Heart

PettyBettyBoop

VIP Member
I may start an off topic thread about this petition. Kinda curious to see what others think about it. Wish we could sign a petition to have the influencer's to stop being such babies and be decent human beings.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Iloveflowers

No she is a smart business woman: she knows she's catering to her gullible audience's desire for an idyllic English countrylife when she puts on a floral dress and potters about in her lush garden. They also love a sensible, humble, frugal but still stylish girl and what could be more wholesome than this kind of upmarket DIY?

Showing the painters paint her whole house in an afternoon or a carpenter doing his job just doesn't have the same effect, and she had no plans of doing it herself.

She also wants to upload a vlog everyday, so she can sell as much as possible through her affiliate links, and gardening and doing little things around the house is all she's got to show them at the moment.
You absolutely nailed it.

I have to say also though, that Josie completely wriggled out of the accusations that she broke lockdown, in such a way that she has obviously fooled most of her gullible viewers. She said she was going to talk about some of the negative criticism in her video, but she neither denied nor affirmed the accusations about breaking lockdown. Yes, she said there are other problems in the world that (she considers) are greater, such as alcoholism and depression, and also that she doesn't share everything in her life. This was just playing the sympathy card, implying she or her family have problems (well, doesn't everyone?) in order to throw everyone off the scent. And it is neither here nor there. That does not affect the point, which is that she DID break lockdown by having more than one different member of her family in her house. She tried subterfuge, by saying neither she nor Charlie would ever endanger their families, but that isn't the point. The point is she went against government rules, and it's not just her, Charlie and any visitors who have to be taken into consideration, but anyone else they come into contact with. That is why the lockdown exists. That is what I think her audience didn't understand. She went against guidelines, she knew it, she cleverly has neither denied nor confirmed, yet she has made most think she was not guilty. I actually liked a lot of her content, but not this - this is plainly dishonest.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Catchingstars2134

Chatty Member
I mean America is on fire and people are dying from a pandemic. But look at my peonies, the same shit different brand outfit, get 15% off my blanket with code Josie and use my affiliate link to buy these plastic Zimmerman dupes, darlings!

• Sad
  • Angry

notsoposh

VIP Member
Brilliant! I'm getting sick of influencers like her touting toxic positivity. I didn't deserve to get raped by a close friend this year, I didn't deserve to feel horrible guilt when I knew that I couldn't continue with the pregnancy that resulted, I didn't deserve to nearly die as a result of the termination, I didn't deserve to miscarry for 6-7 weeks when the termination didn't quite work, I don't deserve the stigma of having had a termination which will probably stay with me for the rest of my life and prevent me from speaking about it, I don't deserve any of that. Whenever you say 'everything happens for a reason,' you include in 'everything' injustice, inequality, trauma and pain. Also as a reminder, despite my trauma, I haven't broken coronavirus guidelines.
I am so sorry you had to go through that. Don’t let these privileged morons get to you. She lives in a fairytale she’s created for herself, nothing beyond that matters to her. She cant even comprehend the situations every individual has been possibly been through and since she’s had a privileged life she will brush it all under the carpet. But unlike her, you stood up for yourself and made life altering decisions for yourself and that requires guts and character. You will heal, maybe not today, but someday. You can always reach out to anyone of us, just for a chat or even a rant. Hugs.

• Heart