Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Catchingstars2134

Chatty Member
Sorry, but another thing that really bothers me is that she could raise money for the NHS or any number of charities. She could tell her followers to buy something that goes to help people affected by the pandemic. Even Tana fricking Mongeau donated to Feeding America.

Obviously she doesn’t have to bang on about it and she can still use her vlogs as escapism, but girl...you have this platform. Use it for something besides lining your pockets in times of tragedy.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Catchingstars2134

Chatty Member
I’ve loosely followed her career since I met her back in the day. I thought she was kind of a materialistic snob (especially since she unfollowed me) but also thought she was relatively unproblematic. I liked her style (still do to an extent), but after Zimmermangate, I unsubbed and was completely disgusted. I came across her again...I think she was suggested? So I started watching her house videos and noticed that her being an awful person extended beyond Zimmermangate (and I’m still pissed she’s skated away from it....I don’t know why I care so much but I really want her to be held accountable for it...though I’ve learned lots of people never are held accountable for their actions). I then went to guru gossip to see if anyone was chatting about her and I think they linked here and voila. I’m a regular.

i don’t want her to lose her income, I just want her to admit she’s fucked up royally and be humble for once. I’m also disgusted by her greedy behavior and materialism. I don’t think she’s once mentioned anything about those less fortunate. I think she can’t see beyond her own nose unfortunately.

• Heart

PettyBettyBoop

VIP Member
Haha someone on one of the videos asked who won your skincare giveaway...
she replied “what skin care giveaway?”

EXACTLY... she would never give anything away. Even Selling used earrings yuk!

she also always says if she’s not getting the price she wants then she’ll just keep it and horde it instead! Ugh
OMG are you serious that someone asked this? HILARIOUS!!!!!

WOW! this woman with so much can't freakin even donate! I'm waiting for the women's shelter in my city to open so that I can go drop off 75% of my wardrobe that I no longer use. This is sad that I even had this amount of clothes (mostly all my work suits and dresses as well as short mini stuff I no longer wear since becoming a stay at home mom). The less I own, the less clutter I feel. She should take my advice. its very POSITIVE!!

• Heart
  • Wow

Pippa M

VIP Member
Dear John Lewis,I am so sad to have to tell you my Dyson has died, also my internet radio and my Tablett. One or two other things as well but I dont want to bore you ...I am in many internet sites so would be excellent advertisement for your generosity in replacing these things for free.Thanks a lot.

• Haha
  • Heart
*Takes a deep breath*....Okay, I admit it. I used to LOVE watching her content. I first started following her in 2016--I loved her content, enjoyed her fashion (as the palette and hyperfemme style is different from mine) and enjoyed just breezing around England with her. I felt like there were moments that maybe she had a different life than me, but was a nice, easy going, fun, hardworking person.

However, it is in the last year and a half that I just can't. Between lying about ads and gifts, constantly buying new items, getting a designer bag every week (along with shoes!) and her eye watering hauls, I just can't.any.more. She seems so disingenuous and such a "everything is PUR-fect darlings!" attitude and buys so much stuff--it makes me sick and honestly, feel so inadequate. She isn't relatable or even stylish anymore. Her clothing is always NEW (god forbid she wears something that is an "investment piece" from a year or two ago), matronly, and bleeding pink.

What I see now is someone who wants to live the ritzy highl ife, puts on a fake accent in a high pitched squeal, and has literally no clue what a regular normal person is anymore. The insane amount of consumption (I mean seriously how many new body soaps, face washes, masks, or insert blogger mail item here, can she possibly need?!?!) makes me ill.

I just can't anymore and I made an account to say it here. I feel like I can join my people now.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Hilary

Oh dear, what a drama. She could have avoided this. She would have been better apologising for breakdown lockdown & saying she didn’t understand the rules. She didn’t say that there is alcoholism or depression in her family and asked her viewers to not jump to any conclusions, which is fair as they are both serious conditions that are hard to deal with without people speculating. She said ‘there are other issues like alcoholism and depression that don’t just magically go away because there is a bigger problem in the world’. She is correct in saying this & this is why coronavirus is so awful. There are many people stuck in physically abusive relationships, people being delayed medical treatment, child abuse, eating disorders, drug & alcohol addictions, depression, deaths in the family & many more problems. Josie said ‘just know that I am an adult, I am a grown up & I, Charlie & I make decisions that are best for our family and loved ones’. Sadly, the rules are rules and it’s not up to her & Charlie to decide what is best for their families the same as it’s not up to us to decide what’s best for ours. If there was a genuine emergency in their family maybe it would have been better if she had just taken a break For a few days. From the life she’s been portraying in her vlogs during lockdown it’s all wonderful home cooked family meals, gardening, sipping on quality wine, dog walking & floating around in fancy dresses. If you don’t want people to speculate on the less than perfect parts of your life then do a better job of hiding them or choose a career that doesn’t show or jeopardise your privacy and the mental wellbeing of your families.

• Heart

Iris1969

VIP Member
I don’t recall anything specifically from you Petty. Your eye spy posts really made me laugh. Showing how she has broken the lockdown is fair game.
Mea culpa.

I showed pics of Scarlett pre make up and post make up and I compared that to SpongeBob and Sandy, which I thought was a hoot at the time, but I should have realised it was hurtful for her to see, especially if she is suffering from a depression at the moment. Besides that I'm not that hot without a lick of paint either 🥴.

So Scarlett, my apologies.

• Heart

Magee

VIP Member
I’d actually never seen Josie on Instagram or YouTube before, my algorithms must know me well haha. I came across her name on the Lydia Elise Millen thread and Josie had just bought her new home and I looove a moving vlog/house tour/organising so it was perfect timing! Also couldn’t believe she uploaded daily, feel like so many people have cut back on YouTube videos and do weekly/bi-weekly. Now strongly believe the daily uploads are for more selling opportunities, if you condensed in to a weekly vlog, it’d be a QVC feature length show. After 7 weeks, I’ve had to unfollow and unsubscribe! Constant deliveries and PR and new new new as if nothing else matters in the world, the tone deaf rant about non-recyclable packaging a few weeks back but not even mentioning her own consumption and carbon foot print from the unnecessary shite she gets sent or orders. What broke the camels back was “manifesting” this new home, whilst reposting plenty of Black Lives Matter content on her Insta. She has been so privileged in her life but yet does not acknowledge this or recognise it, but is happy to push the notion that if you think about your dream home, it’ll happen for you! BAME communities are routinely excluded from education, job opportunities, internships, discriminated against for housing, health etc. Its simply not enough to manifest, action is needed to address the inequalities that our darling is happy to benefit from that is not inclusive to all.

For someone who I’m sure has had the very best education, you just can’t learn about the world in a classroom.

Lies lies and more lies.. What a pinnochio! Of course she had parental help to get on the property ladder. Who has £650000 cash to buy their first home in their early 20s whilst doing unpaid intern jobs?

• Heart

beautyblogger123

VIP Member
Truly, the manifestation stuff really triggers me.

How DARE this privileged, stupid little idiot think just because she wants something SUPER hard, she gets it. Like people have said before me, all these people who have died from disease, trauma just didn't want to live quite hard enough.

People who's jobs, businesses are going under because of a fucking pandemic, haven't just wished for success hard enough.

No Josie. You got a life insurance check and you bought property at the right time. You got into YouTube at the right time, and most importantly, you tick the conventional boxes.

Where's the love of hard work, of effort?

• Heart

beautyblogger123

VIP Member
Anyone else get the feeling she’ll be sleeping in the coach house during chilly winter nights?! Never seen someone so happy about radiators

• Haha

Appleblossom

VIP Member
Hmmm do you think she'll use gold leaf or a spray can? Do Crown do spray cans? 🤔
That has reminded me. Crown paint is plastic based paint and that is not allowed in listed buildings.
Secondly, the previous owner used lime plaster throughout the house. I don't know if this was a condition of the listing or whether he was being totally authentic and sympathetic to the age of the house. Anyway, plastic based paint should not be used on lime plaster. It should be a clay based paint.
I have had a thought on this. She showed samples of the Little Green paint something or other. They do clay based paints.
1.) So, she is advertising Crown but not actually using it.
2.) Using Crown and not caring
3.)Intended using Crown but was reported.
4.)Intended using Crown but was told to feck off by Andy. As a painter he would know the Crown paint will bubble and flake within a year.
Will be interesting to see if Lala starts selling a job lot of Crown Emulsion on her Ebay shop.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Iris1969

VIP Member
Guys!! We just got a shout out from Josie!View attachment 140215

On a serious note, Josie if you read this. Please note that what you did when you tried slamming your viewer who wrote out of concern for you, you used your platform to intimidate her and slam her.

Let's revisit some of your actions:

1. Fake eBay account- owned by her mother who was selling counterfeits from China. Was discovered. takes video down and claims editing. Never uploads it because she was trolled. RIGHT! People found you out and you wanted your viewers to forget.

2. Violates lock down regulations in the UK by having others over. I heard this is a serious offense.

3. Insinuates alcohol and depression as a cause for relatives to be over but denies it shortly after.

4. Viewer writes to Mirabeau out of concern due to Josie's video monologue. Mirabeau- outs the individual to Josie. Josie uses her platform to slam said individual and intimidate them in hopes her viewers would do the bullying for her.

5. Forgets to disclose ADS, GIFTS, Affiliate links (YES< those affiliate links may stay in your browser up to 30 days but she fails to disclose this too).
Like I said, she never ceases to amaze me 😆.

Her sweet facade is gone and her claws are sharpened. Let's see how she tries to weasel her way out of this one 🙄.

One thing is for sure: she has known for a very long time that this site excists. She has even mentioned it before in one of her videos, but now she sees it's full of ugly truths about herself and she doesn't want the world to find out about it.

She doesn't really care that we talk about her teeth, the fact that her face has gotten very small or that we put funny pictures about her online, she couldn't care less.

It's the truth she's scared about the most. It's a shame really, because she could learn so much about herself and become a better person if she would just look herself in the eyes for once in her life.

And Josie, if you wouldn't lie, scam and hustle, we wouldn't have anything to talk about, so put the responsibility where it belongs: with you!

• Heart

Catchingstars2134

Chatty Member
Exactly. She could have just said “our family is quarantining with us and has been, but they prefer not to be in the vlogs.” It’s so much more transparent than hiding people behind bouquets. 🙄

she’s allergic to the truth and is much better than all of the rest of us. Those are the two things (aside from her clear wastefulness) that makes me loathe her.

MadameS

Chatty Member
I don't think she's qualified or a good example for pushing any anti ageing products or gadgets due to the fact she's only 28 but looks 38.... 🤨 plus she dresses way older than her years which doesn't help!
I’m 38 this year and she looks older than I do 🙈 Granted, there are some good genes in my family, but I honestly thought she was at least 40 when I first came across her not too long ago - she’s lost too much weight from her face, from what I can tell from looking at her old YT vids, and its aged her! 😳

• Haha

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Latest Insta post

Does anyone remember Josie and the other influencers in her group flouncing around Cambodia and Laos in over the top sun dresses in front of temples and tourist markets? I have visited this part of the world.... there is so much poverty. I can only image how silly they looked.
You have reminded me of one of the pivotal moments for me.....
I started following her some years back. I thought she was refreshing, positive, very hard working, driven, intelligent. I liked a lot of her clothes, even though I wouldn't wear everything, and I am a lot older so not into shorts and playsuits.
However, the consumerism became out of control. She restricts her colour palette which is fine, and likes quality fabrics, which I do too. Her problem was reconciling buying quality items that will last from the likes of Reiss upwards, to making cash through constant hauls with fast fashion outlets like River Island. The two don't go together and she doesn't want to pigeon hole herself as luxury because it costs a lot to attract upmarket designers.
There are only so many cream coats and white broderie anglais and floaty dress you can own. Don't get me started on the skin care and make up.
The travel then got to me... I am well travelled, particularly in South East Asia.... but very appreciative, as I earned every penny to pay for it. These influencers don't even bother to read about where they are going, or if they do, it's potential backdrops for the gram.
I started to feel sick about the Bora Bora (can't recall if Josie) trip.
I remember clearly Josie earmarking clothes for Cambodia and being told of their unsuitability, but she was adamant she would wear them...and did. No respect for other cultures.
Then amongst there was the Zimmerman scam.....
I started to see a nasty, entitled, obsessive, hard, deceitful side to Josie.
By then I had unsubscribed and unfollowed anyway.
I do take a look occasionally but don't follow. The decorating and gardening now just entertains me.
I do still think she's hard working c.f. the sloth that is Lidl, and she has an eye to the future too. The timing of their house move is unlucky and they are paying for a London home they can't go to....but no sympathy from me.
To be honest the whole influencer freeloading, begging thing makes me really sick....

• Heart

Vanessajenkins

Whoever mentioned the tag in her Instagram story, she was wearing the same dress in the vlog today and is going to send it back to Net a Porter. After using it for a story! How cheeky!

• Sick
  • Angry