Fashion Mumblr #22 The Beggar Wears Prada

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
fish and chips night is on the 13th in brailles - will we see Charlie and Josie?

Reactions: 11
So she deleted the instastories she reshared from Lydia? Someone must have pointed out the irony.

Reactions: 10
New thread provided by Dream Dolly
Thankyou!! 🎉🎉🎉
I’m looking forward to more hilarious posts about our Cotswolds Ho and her “Man-Splaying” gif!!
Bring it ON Tattlers!! 😬😘❤

ETA - I said “Gif” instead of gif !! 🤦‍♀️😂

Tattle doesn’t seem to like the word G I M P 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
So, does anyone else think they might turn their sweet duck pond into some sort of swimming pool eventually, ala Soho Farmhouse? As usual, they've done zero research into getting the pond and water feature up and running, and show no interest in doing so.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Thankyou!! 🎉🎉🎉
I’m looking forward to more hilarious posts about our Cotswolds Ho and her “Man-Splaying” gif!!
Bring it ON Tattlers!! 😬😘❤

ETA - I said “Gif” instead of gif !! 🤦‍♀️😂

Tattle doesn’t seem to like the word G I M P 😂
There is a Photoshop type freeware with the name gif (G I M P). Didn't know it was a bad word.
Had to google it, gTranslate didn't show something offensive, the more you know.

noun. US and Canadian offensive, slang a physically disabled person, esp one who is lame. slang a sexual fetishist who likes to be dominated and who dresses in a leather or rubber body suit with mask, zips, and chains.

(Noun). British pejorative childhood slang for fool or idiot.

Reactions: 6
So she deleted the instastories she reshared from Lydia? Someone must have pointed out the irony.
So this was my bad! Sorry everyone. These were Lydia’s reposts and I thought I was posting on the Lydia thread and didn’t realize I had posted here. Lol. Sorry! All morning I was wondering why they were gone from the Lydia thread. Dangers of being on 2 hot threads I guess. Please forgive me. 🙏🏻🤓

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Did any of you catch Freddy’s new flat tour? Like Josie, she’s planning on ripping out every single “silver” nickel plated bathroom, hardware and metal thing in the house and replacing it with GOLD. Lol. Sound familiar? 🤨

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Did any of you catch Freddy’s new flat tour? Like Josie, she’s planning on ripping out every single “silver” nickel plated bathroom, hardware and metal thing in the house and replacing it with GOLD. Lol. Sound familiar? 🤨
I just saw the video. Not my kind of flat but she will destroy whatever is good in that flat with gold and pink hysteria.

• Sad
  • Haha
I frankly ask myself why on earth do they buy the places on the first place? I mean it‘s okay to personalise it according to their taste but change everything.. it‘s not well thought financially despite them having disposable income and getting freebies. It‘s just stupid.. but again, they are no Marie Curies, just happened to have some luck in life.

Freddy‘s flat is nothing like „perfect“ - the rooms are too small for all her stuff. I mean, it‘s great to be able to buy a property at this age, it is. But some common sence would have been great.

Quite frankly, I have recently begun to question my life looking at them buying properties like they are buying clothes: Freddy and Josie are about my age, but I have spent the last eight years struggling through law school and now working ten to eleven hours a day but I can‘t by far afford to buy a dream property. No wonder pretty little girls with nothing in their heads decide for this „career path“ of a „content creator“. I mean, one simply has to be an idealist to become a nurse, doctor, lawyer, architect or any other profession these days.

Or if you have a peek at Elle Darby - lounging around all day long being pregnant while some of us have difficulty to plan their pregnancies according to the careers and the people depending on us or have to work in the 8th month of the pregnancy. It‘s just too much sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I frankly ask myself why on earth do they buy the places on the first place? I mean it‘s okay to personalise it according to their taste but change everything.. it‘s not well thought financially despite them having disposable income and getting freebies. It‘s just stupid.. but again, they are no Marie Curies, just happened to have some luck in life.

Freddy‘s flat is nothing like „perfect“ - the rooms are too small for all her stuff. I mean, it‘s great to be able to buy a property at this age, it is. But some common sence would have been great.

Quite frankly, I have recently begun to question my life looking at them buying properties like they are buying clothes: Freddy and Josie are about my age, but I have spent the last eight years struggling through law school and now working ten to eleven hours a day but I can‘t by far afford to buy a dream property. No wonder pretty little girls with nothing in their heads decide for this „career path“ of a „content creator“. I mean, one simply has to be an idealist to become a nurse, doctor, lawyer, architect or any other profession these days.

Or if you have a peek at Elle Darby - lounging around all day long being pregnant while some of us have difficulty to plan their pregnancies according to the careers and the people depending on us or have to work in the 8th month of the pregnancy. It‘s just too much sometimes.
100% agree. I was in isolation for possible covid for the last one week (got checked and didn’t have covid) and I have a ton of work to return to. I can’t be lounging around/online shopping/clean the house and claim that’s work. Rest of us have to do all that and more in the few hours we have outside work and chores.

• Heart
I just saw the video. Not my kind of flat but she will destroy whatever is good in that flat with gold and pink hysteria.
Though the polished nickel may not be their taste but it’s so timeless and pretty. Once you move in with your things that type of preference tends to fade away for more important projects and waits for a complete renovation. But as we know these people need content and get most of it for free.

I did have to laugh at her thinking that tiny room would be a dream walk in closet. Maybe for shoes and bags but it’s smaller than she realizes. No way there is room for hanging space.

so in todays vlog at the end - Sunday evening after the roast = she said she was going to bed - and good night - BUT - I thought that she had said either on instagram or on her last vlog that she was going to stay up and use her surf shark to watch CBS megan and harry - from the USA?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
so in todays vlog at the end - Sunday evening after the roast = she said she was going to bed - and good night - BUT - I thought that she had said either on instagram or on her last vlog that she was going to stay up and use her surf shark to watch CBS megan and harry - from the USA?

She did say that - I don't think Josie shows her true self in vlogs.

Reactions: 9
Of course I could be completely wrong and this based upon observation and her track record of how friendships APPEAR to work.

Monday- Freddy her BFF releases a video of her new London maisonette. Josephine writes gushing comments including asking where her bedroom will be (either joking or not)

Tuesday- Josephine reveals she is renovating her kitchen. Because it’s a grot hole?! No because her friend is promoting Home content. Anything Freddy can do, Josephine (thinks) she can do better.

The timing makes it look as if they are competing against each other. Freddy I think genuinely likes Josephine. She always seems happy when she is around her. Josephine acts like she’s 10 years older, much wiser, much knowledgable and successful.

With some much needed perspective. Josephine was born in 3 years before Freddy. Josephine and Freddy are born in the same Generation as each other. They are contemporaries not elder vs youth as Josephine often behaves like when they are together.

Josephine has made exactly 1.1k videos with 494 K followers. Freddy has made only 345 with 1.14 Million subscribers. Why? Because she has a very distinct brand identity which she sticks to. The intros, music, fonts. Everything is uniform and coherent which appeals to a certain clientele. A very youthful market as well. Fashion Mumblr flips and flops. It use to be more organised in terms of looks, layout, format and subject. Now it’s basically Reality TV to put it simply but honestly. Freddy is much more successful. What is Freddy’s redeeming quality is just that, her videos like her or loathe her she is a very good and successful Content Creator producing extremely high quality content videos and vlogs. I don’t think if Freddy was successful Josephine would hang off her coat tails as much. If it’s not Freddy it’s Lydia or that other girl whose name fortunately escapes me. Has a Northern accent, ice blonde hair with roots and has a boyfriend with a nose ring. Or husband. It appears that way of hanging off coat tails. Josephine is not vastly older than Freddy and more experienced as a business person at least. Freddy spoilt and at times a complete emotional imbecile is rightfully a very successful and a serious contender in terms of marketing and branding. Josephine looks and sounds like an amateur next to her if you compare the work, the results and the figures. I think she often quotes her education as a way of putting others in their place also maybe pride too but you don’t need a University education to be a success. It doesn’t guarantee success unless utilised in a way that ensures that. Luck also but mostly it’s down to personal choices we make in life. Josephine has made some very detrimental choices to her career. If you compare the videos from Clapham to now it’s like watching a completely different person. The old format worked the Lady Muck act, Hyacinth Bucket, Country Life isn’t working. Never too late to make it work. The Secret sadly hasn’t delivered for the 500K subscribers. Why? Because it lacks honesty, humility and the snobbery; of her and Charles, is what is holding the channel back. Just my opinion for what’s it’s worth which is probably an “epic”, “ginormous” Zero

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
@Hungarianka I haven't watched today's video but saw it listed, are they going to renovate the kitchen?!?! The title made it sound like she was planning a kitchen garden, like veggies and herbs. I don't get why they bought a house they seem to dislike so much, seems it would have been better to buy land and just build the house! Is she going to keep the aga? And the thermomix? 😆

• Haha
@Hungarianka I haven't watched today's video but saw it listed, are they going to renovate the kitchen?!?! The title made it sound like she was planning a kitchen garden, like veggies and herbs. I don't get why they bought a house they seem to dislike so much, seems it would have been better to buy land and just build the house! Is she going to keep the aga? And the thermomix? 😆
Yes but the point is the timing. That’s why I think it’s convenient for her to pop that in while there is a “Media-meorite” happening on Freddy’s content due to her renovating, upgrading, whatever word to her new home. If it had been another day or later in the week I wouldn’t be so suspicious on her timing. We know that Josephine can’t leave anything alone, dogs, plants, homes but the timing stinks of heavy competition

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I haven't watched it either, and will not, but I wonder who is going to "kindly gift" her with the kitchen/appliances etc etc?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.