Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lesento

Did any of you catch Freddy’s new flat tour? Like Josie, she’s planning on ripping out every single “silver” nickel plated bathroom, hardware and metal thing in the house and replacing it with GOLD. Lol. Sound familiar? 🤨
I frankly ask myself why on earth do they buy the places on the first place? I mean it‘s okay to personalise it according to their taste but change everything.. it‘s not well thought financially despite them having disposable income and getting freebies. It‘s just stupid.. but again, they are no Marie Curies, just happened to have some luck in life.

Freddy‘s flat is nothing like „perfect“ - the rooms are too small for all her stuff. I mean, it‘s great to be able to buy a property at this age, it is. But some common sence would have been great.

Quite frankly, I have recently begun to question my life looking at them buying properties like they are buying clothes: Freddy and Josie are about my age, but I have spent the last eight years struggling through law school and now working ten to eleven hours a day but I can‘t by far afford to buy a dream property. No wonder pretty little girls with nothing in their heads decide for this „career path“ of a „content creator“. I mean, one simply has to be an idealist to become a nurse, doctor, lawyer, architect or any other profession these days.

Or if you have a peek at Elle Darby - lounging around all day long being pregnant while some of us have difficulty to plan their pregnancies according to the careers and the people depending on us or have to work in the 8th month of the pregnancy. It‘s just too much sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Musicality

I’m so baffled at how these people can afford another property. Their work includes gardening all day and buying more of the same clothes in every single haul. I’ve seriously taken a wrong turn in life. I work hard in an office job, get good appraisals, get promoted, but still have beans on toast every now and then to keep the costs down and freak out when I have to fork out for an ‘unexpected’ expense.

I also just find it really uncouth to show off your finances. At any time, but particularly now.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Hi all. Please don’t take this the wrong way and I am by know means standing up for Josie and Charlie (you are entitled to your own opinion) but as someone who lives in Brailes Village there is no truth in this statement from what I am aware of. 1. We walk along the footpath past their house quite often and yes there are deliveries but with lockdown this is the same as most lanes so nothing out of the ordinary. There is also never much noise when we go past.
2. Yes there is a lot of property movement in the village at the moment but this is the same everywhere since the government temporarily stopped stamp duty and there has been no houses for sale or sold within close vicinity of The Old Rectory.
3. No one in the village has even mentioned Josie and Charlie to us much and we know a lot of the villagers some of which live in the lane leading to their house so I don’t think they have made a bad impression on the village and there is no reference to ‘Them in the big house’.
4. With regards to ‘them in the big house’ there are several houses in the village of similar size to theirs and some larger so ‘them in the big house’ would not be a helpful way to talk references Josie and Charlie in conversation.
5. They have always been very polite whenever we have spoken to them and they support a lot of local businesses and I would rather Josie and Charlie in the village to other Londoners who buy up smaller cottages as second homes which are left empty for most of the time and barely support local businesses. (Some of whom have been breaking lockdown rules throughout COVID)

Finally can I just say that I find it very disrespectful the way the village is discussed. It is actually a very beautiful area which I only realised how special it is after going to Uni in and around London. I agree there are many beautiful areas in this country including the Lake District (I have visited) and across the world. Film and photography just don’t do the scenery justice.

Apologies for the long post but I hope this helps to clear some points made on this feed up.
If you live in the area we are neighbours although we won't be for long (I will be moving soon - not because of Josie - I don't care about her that much). People have been grumbling about them or at least they have to me - probably depends which person you are talking to when. Village is pretty enough but not the nicest place I have ever lived or seen. People on this thread have not been disrespectful to the village at all - they are merely pointing out it is not the end all or be all of places to reside in or visit - which I am sure you will agree is a very fair point.

Josie has been personally rude to me (in Burford Garden Centre of all places). It is all about perceptions - you find them nice I do not. You find the village the prettiest place in the country - I do not. No harm done.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

PettyBettyBoop

VIP Member
What annoys me is that I’m struggling to save up money, my family are falling apart, we may have to move to another house, may lose a third of my things. Not employed yet, not in a relationship, gained weight. I’m miserable.

Why is it some people can buy Dior coats, all piles of useless shit they don’t need and flaunt their big houses, relationship and just everything good in your face when they’re so undeserving?

Christ
I hear you and agree she is sooo undeserving. I do want to say, her life looks incredible on camera but I assure you it’s really not. She only lives through a lens instead of actually living. Everyday is a show for the flog-a-thon. Her relationship isn’t even all that great on camera, so I can’t even imagine the bickering off camera.
She lives in a house that she is truly not even happy with as we see the constant wanting to change it and being frustrated with what she can or can not do. Basically, her life isn’t exactly peaches.

I haven’t watched this vlog (actually any her vlogs in weeks) or even know what she bought that coat from but I promise you it was probably gifted or money made from her eBay sales of gifted PR sold overtime on her secret accounts.

she may have lovely granny clothes, grade II* home that she bitches about the farmer, a relationship that seems more like a roommate, lots of gifted shit but appearances are very deceiving. I don’t even envy her or want her life. She has a platform that could do so much good but instead it’s all about “me”. One day all these shitty greedy influencers will get their slice of humble pie.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

supergirl683

Ending my lurking streak because I just have to know...HOW do they afford their lifestyle?! I find it hard to believe that they really make enough $$ from videos and sponsorships to pay for the disgustingly consumerist life that they lead. And we should always applaud being financially savvy, but why would someone with three properties and £10k in pear trees or whatever be bothered to post £30 earrings on eBay?

Reactions: 32

Allexie01

VIP Member
Ok Im pretty new to watching. Her boyfriend does alot of Mansplaining. What's his job? Is he a vlogger too like Ali is with Lydia?
His main job is 'Houseboy' to Lady Muck. In his spare time he likes to pose with a shepherds crook, wearing a flat cap, skintight jeans that look like leggings - whilst leaning moodily on a fence and gazing cross-eyed into the distance!

• Haha
Reactions: 32

BlueKitten1993

What annoys me is that I’m struggling to save up money, my family are falling apart, we may have to move to another house, may lose a third of my things. Not employed yet, not in a relationship, gained weight. I’m miserable.

Why is it some people can buy Dior coats, all piles of useless shit they don’t need and flaunt their big houses, relationship and just everything good in your face when they’re so undeserving?

Christ

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31

Juliexyz

Chatty Member
I totally agree about the skincare. For me personally, her opinion is completely untrustworthy. Just the amount of stuff she gets makes it pretty much impossible to first use it for a certain amount of time and than really properly evaluate their quality. The way she presents it is a lot of talk... she's very good at that , but no real , valid info. The only positive thing is that it makes one aware that at any age we should take care of our skin.
So , we shouldn't buy from Revolve because we " are paying for those influencers trips to Coachella ".... ok sweetie, how about all YOUR promo trips and hotel stays gifted to YOU by other brands ? From THOSE , we SHOULD buy ???? Because YOU were invited , but not from the brands that didn't invite you DAAAHLING ??? Talking about shooting yourself in the foot .... she's unbelievable

• Heart

Tulip01

I’ve died laughing. They are the least sincere people I’ve seen on Instagram, the reason I love this thread is because we see though their lies. See exhibit A: Charlie replying with the same comment to multiple people with the same response. “A wardrobe staple and a must have right?! 💪🏻
IF IT’S YOUR JOB PUT SOME EFFORT IN 😂😂😂
516DB8E2-FC35-4689-9FC1-F3C574AA437A.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Kimbo3

How strange that the anniversary 'gift' Charlie gave her, are the exact 'gifted' gifts that Lydia Millen received from Daylesford!!! Funny old thing!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

lesento

What is with her amazon obsession? Does amazon really need to buy off influencers now? About the whole H&M campagne - I get it. It is clever marketing move for them. It's quite funny actually for us tattlers: we get to experience influencers getting on a new DREAM COME TRUE label every month or so. All so repetitive and boring af.

Even high end designer labels like Dior are now putting me off. A little story: Since I was a child I dreamed of having a Lady Dior (not Chanel, LV or something else - a Lady Dior bag :D ). Now that I finally got to the point in life in which I could and would make my first designer purchase, I just feel it has lost its meaning a bit. Influencers just get this stuff gifted and people like us actually do work hard to earn our money and we do not get anything gifted. Reference to In the frow or even Josephine with her gifted second hand Chanel. Even more gros: Elle Darby, who gets baby stuff for free, and we normal women must buy them with money from our pockets. So I decided for myself to avoid as much as possible buying from big labels, designers etc. Buying local or from little, in fact sustainable sellers is a way to avoid this. These companies simply do not deserve our money.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

sushimama

Chatty Member
I'm planning to spend my 30th bday in June sailing in Croatia and I was hyping myself up yesterday searching for vlogs on youtube and I came across this:

She is like another person. :eek: No "darlings", no pretentious speaking, no grannies clothing, she's young and fun (and way too tanned 🤯). I wasn't following her back then so I was really surprised because I can't imagine her doing this now, it seems like she aged 20 years in those 4 years.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Hungarianka

VIP Member
Not even the brutal kidnap and murder of an innocent woman walking home to her partner can stop this woman from making a tragedy all about her! Nobody gives a flying fuck you lived there for 9 years! I can see clearly she is thinking of Sarah by adding in that boring and inappropriate tidbit. All she had to do was show her the respect by not mentioning their previous living situation. Fucking idiot

Attachments

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 28

ambersky19

It is that bad for those in the near vicinity, I hear. To the point that people are considering selling up. Sad, as these are village folk who have lived in the village for years. People in the village talk about 'them in the big house' and are wondering when they will get peaceful country living back.
Hi all. Please don’t take this the wrong way and I am by know means standing up for Josie and Charlie (you are entitled to your own opinion) but as someone who lives in Brailes Village there is no truth in this statement from what I am aware of. 1. We walk along the footpath past their house quite often and yes there are deliveries but with lockdown this is the same as most lanes so nothing out of the ordinary. There is also never much noise when we go past.
2. Yes there is a lot of property movement in the village at the moment but this is the same everywhere since the government temporarily stopped stamp duty and there has been no houses for sale or sold within close vicinity of The Old Rectory.
3. No one in the village has even mentioned Josie and Charlie to us much and we know a lot of the villagers some of which live in the lane leading to their house so I don’t think they have made a bad impression on the village and there is no reference to ‘Them in the big house’.
4. With regards to ‘them in the big house’ there are several houses in the village of similar size to theirs and some larger so ‘them in the big house’ would not be a helpful way to talk references Josie and Charlie in conversation.
5. They have always been very polite whenever we have spoken to them and they support a lot of local businesses and I would rather Josie and Charlie in the village to other Londoners who buy up smaller cottages as second homes which are left empty for most of the time and barely support local businesses. (Some of whom have been breaking lockdown rules throughout COVID)

Finally can I just say that I find it very disrespectful the way the village is discussed. It is actually a very beautiful area which I only realised how special it is after going to Uni in and around London. I agree there are many beautiful areas in this country including the Lake District (I have visited) and across the world. Film and photography just don’t do the scenery justice.

Apologies for the long post but I hope this helps to clear some points made on this feed up.

• Heart
  • Haha

Hungarianka

VIP Member
This is an example of why she falls foul of her viewership. The vlog begins ok-ish personally I wish the dogs were not in the vlog. It’s unprofessional and the dog voices only add to that. The obligatory Peloton shots and yoga. Not bad not great but not bad. Then a lecture from Royal Horticultural Society wannabe Josephine lectures on the latest updates of the front. Then this and this is where she quietly frankly screws up her vlogs impacting her credibility and intelligence negatively. Since when do birds or animals chuck things?! I couldn’t believe my ears. Chuck twigs down their chimney?! I can imagine that scenario

Crow 1: Ere’ mate ave’ you seen those two plonkers at the old Rectory

Crow 2: Yer Dave! Right couple of Dorises and er’ old lady in the granny flat

Crow 1: Let’s chuck twigs daaaan their chimney!

Crow 2: Right behind ya Dave!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart