Fashion Mumblr #2 Ghostbusters - Lady Aga & her pink shorted dwarf gardener in Lala Land

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We all seem to agree for the most part about Josie's work ethics and shadyness šŸ‘.

But in her defence (am I really defending her? šŸ¤Ŗ): she didn't know about the pandemic when she started the process of buying that huge house in January. At the time it was the ideal IG/YT opportunity for her and with her and her mum's money it was also a safe investment back then.

And being the experienced hustler she is, she's now making the most of a bad situation by "taking her loyal fans with her during this exciting new chapter in her life" (milking all the freebies and affiliate links as best as she can šŸ˜‰).

Reactions: 8
I'm not saying that her job isn't time consuming.. Cos it is. I agree she is trapped. Everyday she must feed her audience with "content" for a paycheck, however.. It's her choice to do that. She has the freedom to decide when, where, and how everyday.
Itā€™s my choice to do my non-essential job too. I could walk away and switch to an essential job at any point. Whatā€™s the distinguishing difference between her non-essential job and my non-essential job?

Freelance journalists, consultants, some lawyers/accountants, etc. can control when, where and how they work. Heck, some doctors can control when/where/how they work too (online consultations, control over scheduling, remote working). Doesnā€™t make it any less of a job. If anything, itā€™s that mentality which is stopping so many companies from being more flexible in the workplace.

She also has the freedom to pack it in and get a real job which I think she may have to do in the near future. She looks fed up and frustrated in the new house..begging for money and sponsored stuff everyday. If you tube stopped tomorrow, no one would miss her greatly; she isn't saving lives so she needs to get a grip and eat a slice a humble pie! I'm sorry but being and "influencer" is NOT a real job! It's a lucrative hobby at best.
But why is this not a ā€˜realā€™ job? She produces video content. Is filmmaking not a proper job? Is acting not a proper job? How about the video editors? At what point would it become a ā€˜jobā€™ in your eyes? Why is there a need to define a job as anything more than something which produces a form of income?

I completely agree that the gravy train will stop at some point though. Will be interesting to see where these people are in 10 years. I have a feeling they could all shift into decent marketing roles. They literally are marketers, so certainly have the skillset and no doubt have a network they could lean on to make the move.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Itā€™s my choice to do my non-essential job too. I could walk away and switch to an essential job at any point. Whatā€™s the distinguishing difference between her non-essential job and my non-essential job?

Freelance journalists, consultants, some lawyers/accountants, etc. can control when, where and how they work. Heck, some doctors can control when/where/how they work too (online consultations, control over scheduling, remote working). Doesnā€™t make it any less of a job. If anything, itā€™s that mentality which is stopping so many companies from being more flexible in the workplace.

But why is this not a ā€˜realā€™ job? She produces video content. Is filmmaking not a proper job? Is acting not a proper job? How about the video editors? At what point would it become a ā€˜jobā€™ in your eyes? Why is there a need to define a job as anything more than something which produces a form of income?

I completely agree that the gravy train will stop at some point though. Will be interesting to see where these people are in 10 years. I have a feeling they could all shift into decent marketing roles. They literally are marketers, so certainly have the skillset and no doubt have a network they could lean on to make the move.
To me it's definitely a real job too, perhaps a useless and weird one, but heck, there are millions of useless and weird jobs in the world šŸ˜‰.

How usefull are singers, dancers and actors for example? And are we showing our age when we say it's a weird job? Wasn't the telephone once a scary new instrument and a useless toy for the rich? šŸ¤”

Is Social Media perhaps our future and are influencers the new way of promoting things? We just have to wait and see šŸ™ƒ.

That little bo peep hat she insists on wearing makes her look a right twit. šŸ˜Š
Meet her future family of little twats šŸ˜†:
20200516_220824.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Every job has it rules and regulations that need to be followed. If it isnā€™t, the person is kicked out or banned. Even in self employment scenarios. Josie constantly flouts the rules and regulations and yet is never pulled up for it. How is it comparable to a normal job? She is self employed at best, all sheā€™s doing sharing her opinions and video editing. Is she good or it? Really donā€™t think so, random cuts in her videos are proof of it. Sheā€™s not doing anything wow in her video editing to say that. Is her content ideas unique? No, sheā€™s been caught stealing ideas from so many small time youtubers. She was called out for that too. Her photo editing isnā€™t unique, she just processes her images through her presets. As for taking pictures, she isnā€™t the one doing it always, she has previously hired people to do it, on occasion Charlie does it too.
Shopping every other day is what she does, but that too itā€™s in 3/4 colors and the same stuff. I am sorry replying to emails and attending events canā€™t be considered work.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Guru Charlie is helping us through the current pandemic with some encouraging words of wisdom. Is there anything this man can't do? šŸ˜

View attachment 132016
Such a hypocrite!! Iā€˜d add: ā€žThis is an opportunityā€œ to order even more items entailing even more packaging which contributes to polluting the environment, to come up with stupid business ideas that wonā€™t work in the first place, to destroy nature with weed killers, to get on the nerves of your ā€šbest palā€˜ and her viewers even more.... to be continued endlessly! šŸ‘Ž
And this one: ā€žLiving life rather than work, work, work...ā€œ - yeah good idea if you have your ā€šbest palā€˜ working for you!! šŸ¤®

• Haha
  • Heart
Every job has it rules and regulations that need to be followed. If it isnā€™t, the person is kicked out or banned. Even in self employment scenarios. Josie constantly flouts the rules and regulations and yet is never pulled up for it. How is it comparable to a normal job? She is self employed at best, all sheā€™s doing sharing her opinions and video editing. Is she good or it? Really donā€™t think so, random cuts in her videos are proof of it. Sheā€™s not doing anything wow in her video editing to say that. Is her content ideas unique? No, sheā€™s been caught stealing ideas from so many small time youtubers. She was called out for that too. Her photo editing isnā€™t unique, she just processes her images through her presets. As for taking pictures, she isnā€™t the one doing it always, she has previously hired people to do it, on occasion Charlie does it too.
Shopping every other day is what she does, but that too itā€™s in 3/4 colors and the same stuff. I am sorry replying to emails and attending events canā€™t be considered work.
But she is an excellent scammer though šŸ¤£.

• Haha
i think it is crazy that people can make so much money from consumerism but thatā€™s one of the ways our world is spinning around at the moment.

Iā€™m an engineer, I have a lot of emails to reply to, I go to networking events. Does that not count as work then? Maybe Iā€™ll stop replying to emails and see if I still have a job?
Just because we donā€™t agree with her job, it makes it no less of a ā€˜real jobā€™. Iā€™m sure she makes a lot more money than a lot of us on this forum. I think itā€™s tragic that people can make so much money out of this influencer world but clearly they can and so yes itā€™s their job.

• Heart
(...) how usefull are singers, dancers and actors for example?
Passing messages, making people think, opening new horizons, for example.
I am a member of an amateur symphony orchestra and this is not the first time I have heard that kind of question. In France (my country) the cultural sector represents 57.8 billion euros (7 times more than the automotive sector) and employs around 1 million people...

Reactions: 6
i think it is crazy that people can make so much money from consumerism but thatā€™s one of the ways our world is spinning around at the moment.

Iā€™m an engineer, I have a lot of emails to reply to, I go to networking events. Does that not count as work then? Maybe Iā€™ll stop replying to emails and see if I still have a job?
Just because we donā€™t agree with her job, it makes it no less of a ā€˜real jobā€™. Iā€™m sure she makes a lot more money than a lot of us on this forum. I think itā€™s tragic that people can make so much money out of this influencer world but clearly they can and so yes itā€™s their job.
I am sorry if that came across that way, I work in marketing and have business events to attend too. Is that what makes me hard working? No. Attending events and replying to emails are additional to my work, and thatā€™s expected of me. That definitely not my main job. Thatā€™s what I meant.
Itā€™s not even listed on the job description anymore, so saying she does all that honestly doesnā€™t qualify her to be hard working.

Iā€™m sure she makes a lot more money than a lot of us on this forum.
Hey atleast none of us have to scam our way in our jobs to ā€œearn as much as herā€

Reactions: 3

It's still my opinion that it isn't a real job. It isn't that mentally challenging (although it is time consuming) and she isn't really helping anyone except herself. I work in health care myself so definitely know what it is to work hard. I'm not saying other professionals don't work as hard, but being an "influencer".. I mean come on...it's a choice and in her case a privilege. Not everyone has enough money to give up their day job and pursue their hobby!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
[QUOTE="

Hey atleast none of us have to scam our way in our jobs to ā€œearn as much as herā€
[/QUOTE]

No! Thank god. Iā€™d definitely not want her job. Iā€™d hate to do pretty much every aspect of her job to be honest! Particularly the amount of time filming myself doing menial tasks, and begging people to sponsor me. Imagine how many emails she sends asking for work telling people how great she is.

Does anyone remember when she put a really snotty Instagram story on because some company gave her a blunt repose to her telling them how many items of clothing she sells out.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It's still my opinion that it isn't a real job. It isn't that mentally challenging (although it is time consuming) and she isn't really helping anyone except herself. I work in health care myself so definitely know what it is to work hard. I'm not saying other professionals don't work as hard, but being an "influencer".. I mean come on...it's a choice and in her case a privilege. Not everyone has enough money to give up their day job and pursue their hobby!
Exactly. So rude to assume people here arenā€™t essential workers. I am in marketing yet I am now pulled into a project where about 300 people from my home country have to be repatriated, it is plainly exhausting. These people are stranded and have no access to money or food. We have to deal with them making sure they reach back home safely, deal with multiple government departments (which isnā€™t easy), all while making sure we or anyone in our family doesnā€™t get infected due to our ā€œjobā€.

Passing messages, making people think, opening new horizons, for example.
I am a member of an amateur symphony orchestra and this is not the first time I have heard that kind of question. In France (my country) the cultural sector represents 57.8 billion euros (7 times more than the automotive sector) and employs around 1 million people...
I know, but that was not the point I was trying to make.

They also offer distraction, relaxation, entertainment and sometimes even some sort of support in hard times, but when you compare them to say a garbage truck driver or a nurse, the famous ones often earn a ridiculous amount of money and the world wouldn't descent into chaos if they stopped doing their jobs.

So I was merely trying to make a point that it is hard to say what is a usefull job and what isn't. To me the arts are very usefull but millions of people are quite happy to live without it. Maybe in the near future influencers will get the same position, who knows.

Reactions: 6
I never understood the term hate watching but now can proudly admit that josie is my favorite and only hate watching. The energy she puts in making everything perfect is astonishing. From the way she speaks to the furniture she chooses. It seems so tiring to be careful of when to put on an act of posh josie, or girl next door josie or pink josie.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
To the people saying how hard she works at her content. This is the chat I had long back with an influencer from whom Josie had been copying blatantly. This influencer even reached out to Josie but josie just ignored her because obviously she had copied from her.
If you check the video mentioned there are comments calling out for it.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Exactly. So rude to assume people here arenā€™t essential workers. I am in marketing yet I am now pulled into a project where about 300 people from my home country have to be repatriated, it is plainly exhausting. These people are stranded and have no access to money or food. We have to deal with them making sure they reach back home safely, deal with multiple government departments (which isnā€™t easy), all while making sure we or anyone in our family doesnā€™t get infected due to our ā€œjobā€.
Exactly.. So that what I'm saying.. Your job is challenging and you are a valued member of society contributing everyday. So many people do jobs that contribute something to our lives (no matter if they are labelled essential or non essential). I'm just sick of these influencers acting as if that they are so valuable to society, saying how hard their job is and quibbling about money whilst flaunting their assets and conning people into buying into their "lifestyle". That isn't a proper job. It's a time consuming scam.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It's funny you'd mention that it's not mentally challenging, because a lot of these special snow flakes are having mental breakdowns or anxiety attacts at the moment, because they have to be "on" 24/7 and the competition is gruesome. I saw an interesting documentary about it on YT not so long ago.

Reactions: 10
[QUOTE="

No! Thank god. Iā€™d definitely not want her job. Iā€™d hate to do pretty much every aspect of her job to be honest! Particularly the amount of time filming myself doing menial tasks, and begging people to sponsor me. Imagine how many emails she sends asking for work telling people how great she is.

Does anyone remember when she put a really snotty Instagram story on because some company gave her a blunt repose to her telling them how many items of clothing she sells out.
[/QUOTE]
Was that Asos ? If I remember she reckoned had sold more of a certain dress than they could have done themselves

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.