Family Fizz #7 Won't protect their kids' skin but happy to give them melatonin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even if Siennas teeth colour is not because of veganism I think she should go to a properly qualified dentist and doctor at least to get a check up. Looking around online it looks quite like discoloration caused from tetracyline antibiotic so might be that. She is also missing a tooth on the lower right hand side. What I meant about the breast milk is yes ethically it's vegan but it is an animal product so not plant based. So that shows that humans need animal products to survive from birth so it raises the question why wouldn't older growing children also need them ideally. Formula is also not vegan it's based on cow milk and soy milk formula is not recommended to under 6 months
I suppose the argument here is that a human can consent to breastfeeding and their whole life doesn’t have to revolve around it. A breastfeeding parent will probably only do it for the first 6-24 months of their child’s life but, unlike a cow who’d probably be slaughtered if it stopped producing milk, a human can carry on living their life and doesn’t have feel like their whole life’s purpose is to breastfeed.
*disclaimer* I personally drink cows milk and have nothing against consuming animal products, I’m just saying this because I think it’s unfair to saw breast feeding isn’t vegan.
100% agree with Sienna’s teeth. They seem to eat a lot of fruit which has a lot of sugar in, along with lots of other sugary foods like sweets. There’s nothing wrong with this usually, however since they don’t seem to take proper care of their teeth it’s no surprise Sienna’s are looking discoloured.

Reactions: 5
Can’t believe they didn’t take those poor babies to a dr.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I still don’t get why Mia as a 17 year old have to share room with her little sister. Don’t they have enough money to rent a home with enough rooms? Honestly why don’t they ever rent a home with enough room for everyone. Surely they could have looked for a home where at least sienna and Mia could have gotten their own rooms where as Koa and karma could share, or do London just not have that for them?

Like even when they go in holidays or anything, they always make the kids share a room, like when Karma, Sienna and Mia have to share, surely they can afford a place with more rooms for everyone and not have to share. If I was Mia I would have honestly been kind of annoyed by that if I was 17. Maybe it’s just me who thinks like that but my family is very close as well but I would still find it somewhat annoying if it was like that.
For on holiday for a couple of weeks I'd say sharing a room with a sibling is normal. There's around a 5 year age gap between me (female) and my brother and we shared a room last August when we went on staycation (separate beds though). One of you just changes in the room whilst the other changes in the bathroom or you take it in turns in the bathroom.

For long term holidays/living I would say separate rooms with their age gap if the family can comfortably afford to (which it seems family fizz could easily) or at least separate beds! But if both girls are comfortable with the set up, I see no massive problem with it 🤷

Reactions: 10
Sounded more like Impetigo she was describing. Either way they should have been prescribed creams and perhaps antibiotics if it was oozing as she said.
I thought they had returned back to the UK because they didn't have their vaccines and were not allowed in any restaurants in Costa Rica without them?
Omg I had impetigo when I was a little kid had it all on my face was unbearable my parents said but then again I did get it treated surely they must have gone to a doctor because you can’t leave serious diseases like that especially when there children probably aren’t vaccinated either!!!

For on holiday for a couple of weeks I'd say sharing a room with a sibling is normal. There's around a 5 year age gap between me (female) and my brother and we shared a room last August when we went on staycation (separate beds though). One of you just changes in the room whilst the other changes in the bathroom or you take it in turns in the bathroom.

For long term holidays/living I would say separate rooms with their age gap if the family can comfortably afford to (which it seems family fizz could easily) or at least separate beds! But if both girls are comfortable with the set up, I see no massive problem with it 🤷
I shared rooms with my sister until I was left for uni at 18 and we have a 5 year age gap too nothing wrong with it all

Reactions: 1
Even if Siennas teeth colour is not because of veganism I think she should go to a properly qualified dentist and doctor at least to get a check up. Looking around online it looks quite like discoloration caused from tetracyline antibiotic so might be that. She is also missing a tooth on the lower right hand side. What I meant about the breast milk is yes ethically it's vegan but it is an animal product so not plant based. So that shows that humans need animal products to survive from birth so it raises the question why wouldn't older growing children also need them ideally. Formula is also not vegan it's based on cow milk and soy milk formula is not recommended to under 6 months
The nutritional needs of an infant are not the same as an adult hence why we don’t breastfeed for our entire lives. And I don’t really think I’d consider breast milk animal product in the way vegans think of it

Reactions: 4
Thread suggestion - We don’t need no education because we’re on permanent vacation

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I shared rooms with my sister until I was left for uni at 18 and we have a 5 year age gap too nothing wrong with it all
It's not just that they are sharing rooms which is normal it's that they are often sharing a bed. Sienna was sleeping in Mia's bed with her for a lot of the time in Costa Rica and they now appear to be sharing a bed again.

Reactions: 6
Do we know what surgery is on the cards, and more importantly do we know if it’s going to be private? Because if it’s NHS I would be really pissed as they haven’t paid a penny in like most of us have no choice as it’s deducted before we even get paid - I am relatively new to this thread but I get the feeling they are constantly running away from something

Reactions: 9
Do we know what surgery is on the cards, and more importantly do we know if it’s going to be private? Because if it’s NHS I would be really pissed as they haven’t paid a penny in like most of us have no choice as it’s deducted before we even get paid - I am relatively new to this thread but I get the feeling they are constantly running away from something
She is getting her breast implants removed I believe. I don't know if that can be done through the NHS? but correct me if im wrong, I am not from the uk so i have no idea

I also think its funny how Georgie is going to go to get her breast implants removed in a hospital, going under general anesthetic, and presumably pumped with pain killers afterward but won't bring her "babies" to get a simple anti-fungal cream for their ringworm.

Reactions: 24
I think with ringworm (I work in pharmacy) a pharmacist can do a skin examination so you don't just have to see a GP for a skin examination, and the antiparasitic drugs are available to buy over the counter with pharmacist supervision as opposed to going the whole rigmarole of getting a GP appointment.

It makes me sick that they walk around with infections without treating them.

Also it's so easy to learn how learning to drive works from here:

Reactions: 9
didn’t hear exactly what Mia said re driving but a lot of instructors require or at least prefer that you have passed your theory test before starting lessons with you. So, just because you don’t technically/legally need to have passed the theory before starting practical lessons, doesn’t mean she’s wrong in thinking that she should do so first.

Reactions: 1
I live in England I’ve never heard of any instructor say they’d prefer theory to be done as they expect new customers to have little knowledge. Or that may just be my area

Reactions: 11
I live in England I’ve never heard of any instructor say they’d prefer theory to be done as they expect new customers to have little knowledge. Or that may just be my area
Maybe it’s more recent or, like you say, area based? I’m from London and this was my experience from when I started looking into starting lessons around 3 years ago.

Probably changed since covid to help with the back log/waiting lists. I’ve been driving for 8 years

Agreed. My instructor helped me prepare for my theory, so couldn't have done it before I started lessons! Plus your theory only lasts a set amount of time (a year, maybe? not sure, it's been a while) before you have to retake, so probably wouldn't be recommended to do it too early unless it takes you a long time to learn to drive

Reactions: 5
didn’t hear exactly what Mia said re driving but a lot of instructors require or at least prefer that you have passed your theory test before starting lessons with you. So, just because you don’t technically/legally need to have passed the theory before starting practical lessons, doesn’t mean she’s wrong in thinking that she should do so first.
Never heard of that before! Most instructors teach a lot of the theory as part of the practical - explaining road signs, road rules etc, more likely to make sense and remember it if you are actively learning it rather than just remembering the facts from a book.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.